Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (22584 Views)

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Acethekid(m): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
we fail to understand that God doesn't think the way we think; it is only humans that will go to a place of worship and start looking at which sister is covering her hair or not and the only possible conclusion to such in their hearts is that of condemnation (of the said sisters who aren't covering their hair) thus commiting a sin...the one that says you shouldn't judge others lest you will be judged. one thing I know is that if Jesus saw such sisters in church, He wouldn't make a list of those who didn't cover their hair and submit to God so that they will be condemned to hell. in the first place, the OP is gravely erroneous to interpret the bible passages "as he has been taught by his pastor and at Sunday school"...As choleric as Apostle Paul was, he was pretty straight forward to say that men shouldn't cover their "heads" thus the reason for short hair and women's "heads" must be covered thus the reason for their long hair as a covering ( which is a sign of submission and humility and also a thing that brings out her beauty)...so, I am still beat when people argue on such trivial matters as this as if it is a prerequisite to make heaven. just don't be surprised when during rapture, the women that weren't covering their hair won't left behind as you would imagine.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
Jay5000: You're the one that needs to read well b4 posting. It says the woman must cover her "haired head in church". It also says that exposing the hair is the same as carrying a shaved hair; which is disgraceful. It can be deduced from that verse therefore that women with shaved hair are not required to cover their hair. It never said women with shaved hair should cover their hair and the ones with hair shouldn't bother, so i really dont know how you came to your conclusion. You may choose to remix it to suit u but the instruction is quite simple.

The truth is:

1. A woman should cover her head (hair) while praying or preaching the word of God, whether the hair is long or short.
2. A woman's long hair (not attachments) is given her for a covering, to the extent she does
not need to cover it unless she is praying, it is her glory.
3. A woman should not wear bald head, short hair or cut hair openly whether in church or outside the church - it should
always be covered. It is a shame for a woman to wear short hair openly, as it is just the same as if the hair was shaven or bald.
4. The reason a woman should cover her long hair while praying and her short hair everywhere she goes to, is because of the
angels - a sign of reverence to God who is represented by angelic beings at prayer times and a sign of submission to
the authority of the man in line with God's command.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ace-thekid:
we fail to understand that God doesn't think the way we think; it is only humans that will go to a place of worship and start looking at which sister is covering her hair or not and the only possible conclusion to such in their hearts is that of condemnation (of the said sisters who aren't covering their hair) thus commiting a sin...the one that says you shouldn't judge others lest you will be judged. one thing I know is that if Jesus saw such sisters in church, He wouldn't make a list of those who didn't cover their hair and submit to God so that they will be condemned to hell. in the first place, the OP is gravely erroneous to interpret the bible passages "as he has been taught by his pastor and at Sunday school"...As choleric as Apostle Paul was, he was pretty straight forward to say that men shouldn't cover their "heads" thus the reason for short hair and women's "heads" must be covered thus the reason for their long hair as a covering ( which is a sign of submission and humility and also a thing that brings out her beauty)...so, I am still beat when people argue on such trivial matters as this as if it is a prerequisite to make heaven. just don't be surprised when during rapture, the women that weren't covering their hair won't left behind as you would imagine.

It is presumptuousness to think the way and manner you have in this small write up. There is a standard of life expected of a Christian. That standard is found in the Bible. If you fail to meet this standard and think in your mind that it is trivial, then you are on your own. This is the same reason we have many churches and millions of errors flying here and there. Some people just wake up in the morning and think up something they will be doing which they think it is too little for God to require accountability from them and a new false doctrine will be born from that day. If we know the God of order we serve, then we will take our time to be obedient to every little or big command He gives and not to assume that the small commands are 'trivial'. God makes no 'trivial' laws. It is blasphemy to think so. The Apostle thru the inspiration of God made very striking and remarkable comparison between the man and the woman in order to make it so clear to us to see. I am surprised that many of us do not still see from these comparisons. Let us check it out:

1. Man should not have long hair
2. Woman should have long hair
3. Man should not cover his head (hair)
4. Woman should cover his head (hair)
5. Man is the glory of God
6. Woman is the glory of the man

This is very, very clear for all sincere people to see.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
mystikal: just do what your conscience convinces you is right.

F**k ambigous doctrines
no. Do what d bible says is right.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
ravgach:

The truth is:

1. A woman should cover her head (hair) while praying or preaching the word of God, whether the hair is long or short.
2. A woman's long hair (not attachments) is given her for a covering, to the extent she does
not need to cover it unless she is praying, it is her glory.
3. A woman should not wear bald head, short hair or cut hair openly whether in church or outside the church - it should
always be covered. It is a shame for a woman to wear short hair openly, as it is just the same as if the hair was shaven or bald.
4. The reason a woman should cover her long hair while praying and her short hair everywhere she goes to, is because of the
angels - a sign of reverence to God who is represented by angelic beings at prayer times and a sign of submission to
the authority of the man in line with God's command.
that is it.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
mystikal: just do what your conscience convinces you is right.

F**k ambigous doctrines

Christians do not follow their consciences when it comes to obeying God's command. Christians follow the written Word of God! Their consciences are made to be attuned to or aligned with the infallible Word of God.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ace-thekid:
error. The woman's long hair is not d sign of submission paul talks about. The woman suppose to have a symbols on her hair which is nt d hair itself.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: did u agree with d doctrine of hair covering?
If you check the reasons behind Paul's stance, it was because of the Jewish societal norm then. It was only a prostitute that could go out with the head uncovered. I am not a Jew and I don't live in their society, I am a gentile and that doctrine doesn't apply to me.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Rdyaj: 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
The church have failed in its imperative of enforcing some certain or necessary doctrine all In the name of money/ fame and church pouplation .. Issues of hair coving and wearing of a male garment should be often emphasized.teachings of the ending time should be hammered upon in lieu of the regular prosperity teachings we hear everyday..
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
Cykik:
1. Christ embassy
2. Living world etc.
U must be one of them
You're so mistaken, I actually attend MFM..... undecided
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
If you check the reasons behind Paul's stance, it was because of the Jewish societal norm then. It was only a prostitute that could go out with the head uncovered. I am not a Jew and I don't live in their society, I am a gentile and that doctrine doesn't apply to me.

This is laughable! If you do not want to be a Christian, I think it is optional. It will not serve any good purpose for you, if you try to hide under any guise to be disobedient to God's laws. It will be better that you are set out to be openly known to be God's enemy than pretending to be his child and in the end be an enemy. The word of God is for all people in all generations. The word does not discriminate on the account of geographic location or nationality. It is universal! It is a deception of the devil to think the way you are. May the Lord help us understand His Word.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
You're so mistaken, I actually attend MFM..... undecided

The Church one attends does not matter. One can be one of the disciples of Jesus in the mold of Judas Iscariot. Upholding the true word of God is the most essential thing not the church you attend. Infact many of these churches that teach error today broke out of 'good' churches.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
It's so hurtful to see fellow Christians ignorant of the truth. this doctrine is one in which you can choose to adhere to or not cause Paul said that in vs. 16 of that chapter. Some Christians have got issues renewing their minds and that is so sick. Ignorance is the canker worm eating the body of Christ and the only medication is for us to renew our minds. Most of the people against those who uncover are those Christians I view as short sighted.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
ravgach:

The Church one attends does not matter. One can be one of the disciples of Jesus in the mold of Judas Iscariot. Upholding the true word of God is the most essential thing not the church you attend. Infact many of these churches that teach error today broke out of 'good' churches.
So now you're judging me based on my stance. You're so shallow minded. MR/MRS/MISS, you need to renew your mind.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
ravgach:

This is laughable! If you do not want to be a Christian, I think it is optional. It will not serve any good purpose for you, if you try to hide under any guise to be disobedient to God's laws. It will be better that you are set out to be openly known to be God's enemy than pretending to be his child and in the end be an enemy. The word of God is for all people in all generations. The word does not discriminate on the account of geographic location or nationality. It is universal! It is a deception of the devil to think the way you are. May the Lord help us understand His Word.
O Please, don't quote my post anymore. Don't invoke me wrath
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
So now you're judging me based on my stance. You're so shallow minded. MR/MRS/MISS, you need to renew your mind.

There are two major words that are gradually destroying the modern man - RATIONALIZATION and RELATIVITY! These words have partially succeeded in eroding what we used to know as RIGHT and WRONG. To a lot of people, you are JUDGEMENTAL when you apply the rules of right and wrong. The issue of the worship of God has not been spared these challenges. Many people who have acquired this mindset have somehow succeeded in sneaking into the church as 'Pastors', 'Man of God', 'Bishops' etc. These names are used to mask their real personalities while they go on feeing fat on the gullible lots and trying to erode the very foundation and pillars upon which the church is founded. My happiness however, is that they have failed ab initio as the gates of hell shall never prevail against the Church of God. Matthew 16:18.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
O Please, don't quote my post anymore. Don't invoke me wrath

What type of spirit is influencing you? Good a thing Pastor Olukoya is your pastor.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
ravgach:

There are two major words that are gradually destroying the modern man - RATIONALIZATION and RELATIVITY! These words have partially succeeded in eroding what we used to know as RIGHT and WRONG. To a lot of people, you are JUDGEMENTAL when you apply the rules of right and wrong. The issue of the worship of God has not been spared these challenges. Many people who have acquired this mindset have somehow succeeded in sneaking into the church as 'Pastors', 'Man of God', 'Bishops' etc. These names are used to mask their real personalities while they go on feeing fat on the gullible lots and trying to erode the very foundation and pillars upon which the church is founded. My happiness however, is that they have failed ab initio as the gates of hell shall never prevail against the Church of God. Matthew 16:18.
Dude, you're making my post more complicated than it seems. It's simple, renew your mind. I have done that and its great. All I said is that the doctrine of head covering isn't a compelling one. did I say people should fornicate, commit adultery? dude calm down.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
ravgach:

What type of spirit is influencing you? Good a thing Pastor Olukoya is your pastor.
No spirit is influencing me bro, I just don't like when people misinterpret my stance on something. if you fail to understand it ask me to explain and if you don't agree don't try to degrade my view. I am not opposing yours, you can cover up if you like and vice versa. I've got the holy spirit and what you're saying indirectly to me (by quoting me) is annoying. I gave a biblical backing, if that isn't enough for you get your behind out of this thread suckling. angry
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
Dude, you're making my post more complicated than it seems. It's simple, renew your mind. I have done that and its great. All I said is that the doctrine of head covering isn't a compelling one. did I say people should fornicate, commit adultery? dude calm down.

The doctrine is relative isn't it?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
ravgach:

The doctrine is relative isn't it?
if you mean Relative as in changing with circumstances, I believe so.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
No spirit is influencing me bro, I just don't like when people misinterpret my stance on something. if you fail to understand it ask me to explain and if you don't agree don't try to degrade my view. I am not opposing yours, you can cover up if you like and vice versa. I've got the holy spirit and what you're saying indirectly to me (by quoting me) is annoying. I gave a biblical backing, if that isn't enough for you get your behind out of this thread suckling. angry

You only misinterpreted one of the clearest scriptures I have ever read! We should always cross-check what we hold on to especially if that is a command of God so we do not think we are in the race when we have been disqualified from the start.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
ravgach:

You only misinterpreted one of the clearest scriptures I have ever read! We should always cross-check what we hold on to especially if that is a command of God so we do not think we are in the race when we have been disqualified from the start.
Did you read I cor. 11:16? that's where i'm coming from. I did not misinterpret, I only read and understood what you couldn't.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
if you mean Relative as in changing with circumstances, I believe so.

That is exactly the challenge of the 'worldly' Christian. The Word of God does NOT change with circumstances. God said He honors His words above his Name. God does not change. He has advised us not to middle with those that a given to change. Proverbs 24:21
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
ravgach:

That is exactly the challenge of the 'worldly' Christian. The Word of God does NOT change with circumstance. God said He honors His words above his Name. God does not change. He has advised us not to middle with those that a given to change. Proverbs 24:21
Don't forget that covering is a doctrine not a direct command so it can change depending on the people invovled. And the Bible isn't the Word of God, Jesus is. Bible to me is only a guide which contains some things God said.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
Don't forget that covering is a doctrine not a direct command so it can change depending on the people invovled. And the Bible isn't the Word of God, Jesus is. Bible to me is only a guide which contains some things God said.

I now know where your loyalty lies. End of discussion. Thank you.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
[quote author=ravgach]
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
ravgach:

I now know where your loyalty lies. End of discussion. Thank you.
don't misunderstand me. it's a guide and you must follow and study a guide so as not to miss the way. it is also known as basic instructions before leaving earth.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by beckkyjackky: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
I wonder y ladies would nt respect God cry
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
beckkyjackky: I wonder y ladies would nt respect God cry
don't you pray in your car or place of work or before writing a crucial test or exam, do you always cover your hair? not covering your head doesn't mean you don't respect God, We disrespect him in actions and deeds.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
Simply the product of feminism. Many of them do not even know this is the case. If in doubt, check out the practices of the churches before the advent of feminism.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lolaxavier(m): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: i wonder hw ur church will look like if u are a pastor. D name of ur church will be 'do as u like God understand'. People will just be trooping to hell in their thousands. When a blind man leads a blind man what do u think will happen?

It doesn't change the fact that you should go to church and mind your business, not observing ladies. God did not appoint you to write down names.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Village Witches And Wizards Story True? Will They Attack Me If.. / Pastors Conduct Deliverance On Members By Flogging Them With Leather Belts / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.