Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,998 members, 7,828,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (22582 Views)

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
blame the church....
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
Because covering hair is a Jewish religious obligation.

Christianity and Jewish religion are 2 opposites.

Jesus never said anything about it. Apostle Paul is a mere man with plenty of his personal opinions written in the Bible. That doesn't make it law.

Daz all.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by pobosky20(m): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Girls,girls,girls!!!
They r the real problem we have today. From Eve to STEALER Odua,etc...why una no wan change haba?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by jelel6: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
what do you expect! When every tom, jack and harry can interpret the bible to suit his whims.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by jelel6: 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
pDude: Because covering hair is a Jewish religious obligation.

Jesus never said anything about it. Apostle Paul is a mere man with plenty of his personal opinions written in the Bible. That doesn't make it law.

Daz all.

really! The same paul who wrote the bulk of the bible. If you dont agree with paul about head covering, while agree with his other teachings?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by CzarChris(m): 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nothing pisses me off more than the way people just quote the bible out of contest just quote a few verses of 1corinthians 11 and they are like hey we're good. But verse 16 says it all.
16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.
If anybody wants to still be in bondage after reading the above verse, please go ahead and don't force others into the same slavery with you.
QED!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by olaezebala: 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
pDude: Because covering hair is a Jewish religious obligation.

Daz all.

I love christians en...when it favour us it's "and God's words thru Apostle Paul..." But if it doesn't favour us it's "Paul said..." Oga oooooo

Do u remember that Jesus didn't write any of the books in the bible?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by sammie007(m): 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
dat a lady goes to the church without covering her head means alot .it has been discovered dat there are many ways a man is attracted to a lady sexually. some Christian in the church have developed their self control over lust dat they refuse to b attracted by a lady's long hair while others are just developing in self control. to a guy with loosed self control, seeing a lady in the church with extra beautiful long hair attimes is like seeing a naked lady at ur front in it room. will lust nt set in? of course it will. if dis is so, don't let us forget wat our brother Paul said concerning making ur fellow broda stumble.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
jelel6:
really! The same paul who wrote the bulk of the bible. If you dont agree with paul about head covering, while agree with his other teachings?

What do you know about what and what I believe inside the Bible? undecided undecided

Don't assume you know anything about me please.

If women should cover their hair, they why don't we offer burnt offerings, offer sin offerings, have a temple where priests and prophets alone take our requests to God? Why don't we just practice the Jewish religion like is always was. undecided

Moreover, just so you know, I don't follow the teachings of Paul or all that bullshyt.

I follow only the teachings of Jesus. His teachings are the simplest and least confusing of the entire Bible. As for the old testament, I really don't see how it applies to my life nowadays considering that it is all Judaism.

Haven't you noticed that the old testament teachings and Jesus' teachings contradict? And don't tell me that thought never crossed your mind.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
olaezebala:

I love christians en...when it favour us it's "and God's words thru Apostle Paul..." But if it doesn't favour us it's "Paul said..." Oga oooooo

Do u remember that Jesus didn't write any of the books in the bible?

And who told you that I am a "christian"? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

If what you call what they practice in all your Mega-churches christianity, I beg to differ undecided cool
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by firstolalekan(m): 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
Tobius tobius: How does it concern you? Go to church and listen to the Word, not peer about looking at uncovered female heads. Does the covering (or lack thereof) make them more/less faithful or spiritual? Making [size=28pt]nountains[/size] out of molehills. Misogyny according to Apostle Paul.

^^
Agressive olodo tongue
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by jelel6: 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
LadyH: Picture this. Sandra and Rose are friends. On a sunday, they both head to church n Rose covers her hair with a scarf while Sandra doesnt. Sandra, actually has a purer heart and Rose is no way near a good gurl. The trumpet blows and Jesus comes, who will He take with Him?? Guys, drop the talk. "The hair is given to her as a covering". As a Catholic, i cover my hair. But i hve nufin against those that don't. This is just hair, not flesh.
see analogy! Sandra having a pure heart is not relevant to the uncovered hair of hers. Bottom line is she has sinned for not covering and counts as one evil deed on her scale. Come to think öf it, while would a PURE hearted sister Like sandra want to uncover her her. Just wondering though.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Danmas: 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
They spend 4k, 5k, 10k e.t.c and you espect them to hide it for just been modest? When you know that girls always want attention. And also everyone including pastors and reverands' in our churches now adays are trying to WESTERNIZE!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by oderemo(m): 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
My people fighting over foreign religion, waiting for an Israeli to worship shango.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
jelel6:

Paul wrote the bulk of the Bible eh? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So what? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stephen King the famous Horror writer wrote more books than Paul cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink (Look below for Stephen King collection)

If he wrote the bulk of books in the Bible, so what? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Does it mean that everything he wrote was right? Does it mean that when he gave his personal opinions, it became law, just because, "it can be found in the Bible"...

God didn't give you a brain for fun. Use it to think. Use it to study. cry cry cry cry cry

Stop listening to Pastorpreneurs teach you lies. Open your Bible and discover the truth for yourself. wink

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by jelel6: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
pDude:

What do you know about what and what I believe inside the Bible? undecided undecided

Don't assume you know anything about me please.

If women should cover their hair, they why don't we offer burnt offerings, offer sin offerings, have a temple where priests and prophets alone take our requests to God? Why don't we just practice the Jewish religion like is always was. undecided

Moreover, just so you know, I don't follow the teachings of Paul or all that bullshyt.

I follow only the teachings of Jesus. His teachings are the simplest and least confusing of the entire Bible. As for the old testament, I really don't see how it applies to my life nowadays considering that it is all Judaism.

Haven't you noticed that the old testament teachings and Jesus' teachings contradict? And don't tell me that thought never crossed your mind.
I would skip much of your sentence to arrive only at this one. "I only follow the teachings of jesus christ". I might as well help you to achieve you mission. In other not to stumble upon paul's teachings. I'd advice you to get your hands on a red letter bible which distinguish jesus' words from heresay
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
jelel6:
I would skip much of your sentence to arrive only at this one. "I only follow the teachings of jesus christ". I might as well help you to achieve you mission. In other not to stumble upon paul's teachings. I'd advice you to get your hands on a red letter bible which distinguish jesus' words from heresay

No need. I already know the teachings of Jesus. They are simple and straightforward.

They don't involve practicing religion or carrying out religious obligations. Did you ever see how Jesus broke every law in Judaism? He worked on the Sabbath, He never cast a stone at any hooker, He didn't go to any priest to seek supplication. He broke every Jewish law like a boss and is sitting with his heavenly father right now and flexing. grin grin grin grin grin

Doesn't that tell you that all that Jewish religious thingy is a waste of time and space and cannot take you to heaven?

Like I said, study your Bible. And pay particular attention to the teachings of Jesus.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by jelel6: 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
pDude:

Paul wrote the bulk of the Bible eh? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So what? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stephen King the famous Horror writer wrote more books than Paul cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink (Look below for Stephen King collection)

If he wrote the bulk of books in the Bible, so what? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Does it mean that everything he wrote was right? Does it mean that when he gave his personal opinions, it became law, just because, "it can be found in the Bible"...

God didn't give you a brain for fun. Use it to think. Use it to study. cry cry cry cry cry

Stop listening to Pastorpreneurs teach you lies. Open your Bible and discover the truth for yourself. wink
You see you are the one who needs to do the thinking... You follow a book which claim to be the infallible words of God. Yet you dont believe paul's teaching to be gospel truth.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by LadyH(f): 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
jelel6:
see analogy! Sandra having a pure heart is not relevant to the uncovered hair of hers. Bottom line is she has sinned for not covering and counts as one evil deed on her scale. Come to think öf it, while would a PURE hearted sister Like sandra want to uncover her her. Just wondering though.
let's c, maybe cos she knows ITS NOT A SIN?!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by dasparrow: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
firstolalekan:

^^
Agressive olodo tongue

LOL grin
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by omoredia: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ask your dying mother!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by jelel6: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
pDude:

No need. I already know the teachings of Jesus. They are simple and straightforward.

They don't involve practicing religion or carrying out religious obligations. Did you ever see how Jesus broke every law in Judaism? He worked on the Sabbath, He never cast a stone at any hooker, He didn't go to any priest to seek supplication. He broke every Jewish law like a boss and is sitting with his heavenly father right now and flexing. grin grin grin grin grin

Doesn't that tell you that all that Jewish religious thingy is a waste of time and space and cannot take you to heaven?

Like I said, study your Bible. And pay particular attention to the teachings of Jesus.
I would not speak base on my authority, but of the bible's. For jesus (the one whom you have vowed to follow only his teachings) verily said in the gospel of matthew 5:17-18. "THINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS: I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY, BUT TO FULFIL. FOR VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS, ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.
So what were you saying again about jesus breaking a commandment? Or is the above verse from matthew also paul's teaching.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by GoodBoi1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
Czar-Chris:
Nothing pisses me off more than the way people just quote the bible out of contest just quote a few verses of 1corinthians 11 and they are like hey we're good. But verse 16 says it all.
16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.
If anybody wants to still be in bondage after reading the above verse, please go ahead and don't force others into the same slavery with you.
QED!
They need understanding.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ronadeola(m): 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
nice blog man...I got question(s) to pose:Can God ever change or deviate His promises?_He said "heavens and earth shall pass away;but,my words will not".Therefore;we ain't to argue His words but cleave them firmly for your own vantage.
-no body knows more than God#Jesus.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lirusehn(m): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
omoredia: Ask your dying mother!
o boi eeeee. 1000000000 likes. Cant stop laffin
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by PrettySpicey(f): 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
Because we live in an age where we believe everything should be 'modernized' even religion. But the sad thing is that many will wake up one day and wish they had not been thus misled.
It is in my opinion a clear lack of humility and reverence for God.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
jelel6:
I would not speak base on my authority, but of the bible's. For jesus (the one whom you have vowed to follow only his teachings) verily said in the gospel of matthew 5:17-18. "THINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS: I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY, BUT TO FULFIL. FOR VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS, ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.
So what were you saying again about jesus breaking a commandment? Or is the above verse from matthew also paul's teaching.

Please, this is one passage I don't understand.

Could you expain exactly what Jesus meant by that passage.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by anselm791(m): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
Its probably the same reason people with leprosy don't walk down the street screaming "unclean! Unclean!!". Times have changed, women are no longer viewed that way.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by GoodBoi1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
ronadeola: nice blog man...I got question(s) to pose:Can God ever change or deviate His promises?_He said "heavens and earth shall pass away;but,my words will not".Therefore;we ain't to argue His words but cleave them firmly for your own vantage.
-no body knows more than God#Jesus.
HAVE YOU LOOKED AT VERSE 16 OF GOD'S WORD? OR YOU AFRAID TO THINK OUTSIDE WHAT YOU HAV BEEN TOLD? UNDERSTANDING IS WHAT WE NEED.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by jelel6: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
pDude:

Please, this is one passage I don't understand.

Could you expain exactly what Jesus meant by that passage.
well, ask your pastor in church tomorow. He may understand.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by jelel6: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
Good Boi: HAVE YOU LOOKED AT VERSE 16 OF GOD'S WORD? OR YOU AFRAID TO THINK OUTSIDE WHAT YOU HAV BEEN TOLD? UNDERSTANDING IS WHAT WE NEED.
and what does verse 16 say?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by sigidporte(m): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
many of these girls/women are not rooted in the word of God and they are being led astray by these new generation churches carved out with the sole aim of making money rather than making people see the truth in the word of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Village Witches And Wizards Story True? Will They Attack Me If.. / Pastors Conduct Deliverance On Members By Flogging Them With Leather Belts / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.