Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria (79839 Views)

Please Useful Informations On How Sumal Food Treat Their Staff In Ibadan. / Top List Of Worst Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Ikorodu, Lagos / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by farem: 11:33am On Nov 18, 2013
Nigeria political parties!
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by IAMBREEZY: 11:39am On Nov 18, 2013
Lanceslot: No time for nonsense, I hate working for someone, that's why I am nd will always remain my own boss. I don't work for anybody.
exatly that's why i'm always mute when they matreat them,i can't tolerate any almond shaped eyes chinese telling me bullsheet,thats why i'm my own boss atleast i know how much i make everyday which is 100 times better than working under someone.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 11:40am On Nov 18, 2013
The stripclub opposite my house. Every month one girl leaves and another resumes work. Last month, one 40-year old who has served well for more than 10 years was fired cos of her looks despite her loyalty grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Chimezie198(m): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2013
Sterling drugs @ Ojodu, lagos.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Deschil: 11:43am On Nov 18, 2013
QUANTEQ TECHNOLOGY SERVICES Block A, 2nd floor Plot 564/565 Independence Avenue, Central Business District, Abuja
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by ReachRich(m): 11:44am On Nov 18, 2013
hotboz: Like seriously, the way Stanbic bank is recruiting Direct Sales Agents and making them to resign voluntarily is quite alarming. imagine a contact staff being paid 46 kobo and another collecting 17 naira as salary. I've worked there before. though it was not as bad as the present. God help us in this country.
i dont understand the 46 kobo & 17 naira.Pls explain
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by holyfather(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2013
rozayx5:

avoid taking weed in the morning, if you are to take please take and go to Bed OK undecided

stop displaying your tribalism here

eozayx5
there's nothing tribal about that post.
if u don't have what to say,pls shut.up.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by snowflakes22: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2013
excell12go: Access bank

Correct !
Access bank is the meanest bank to work in. There is no job security, no time for yourself. For the time they are using you, they owe you and 100% of your time, its so bad that they will even call you in church on sunday morning to blast you that your ATM is down. Every weekend and public holiday is confisticated for trainings and meetings that last till the early hours of the morning, only for you to return home, shower and dress up fore work again, depriving you of God's gift :sleep. As soon as they feel their overhead is high, they need to downsize, they will bring out one stupid target for both operations and marketers and sack everybody that fails to meet the target.

5 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by twaintoy(f): 11:59am On Nov 18, 2013
Boss13:

Why did u apply initially if you know there is no rest of mind? It seems you didn't make the list.
Apply for a bank job? Nah! I gave pple my cv when i was still searching for job, some of them told me they dropped my cv at the branches of some banks. Guess i was called as regards that.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by MightyFortress: 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
Scary..
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by MightyFortress: 12:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
Scary.. This thread makes me hate ever wanting to work 4 anybody, but We wey neva get experience or capital to establish or run companies of our own, what do we do then?
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
cnwamo: JULIUS BERGER NIGERIA PLC should be top of the list. they can give a worker redundancy today and recall him in 4days time to resume in another site just because they want to cut the workers years of service.
I know because I've worked there for 4 years glad to be leaving at last.
I think this only applies to the casual staff( so called junior staff), I don't think it happens to their real workers( so called snr staff), cos am sure dt jbn only gives u letter of employment wen you become a 'snr staff'
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by blank(f): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
twaintoy: I'm telling you. I rejected offers from two banks cuz of this. No rest of mind, no future.

twaintoy: Apply for a bank job? Nah! I gave pple my cv when i was still searching for job, some of them told me they dropped my cv at the branches of some banks. Guess i was called as regards that.

So, you did not "reject offers from two banks", you just did not write the tests. There is a difference between the two.

5 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by mptng: 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
IQ SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS LTD

THIS COMPANY NO GET FUTURE FOR PEOPLE.

MAKE ONA RUN AWAY FROM AM OOOOO.
D COMPANY DEY SUCK AND DUMP PEOPLE
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by aryzgreat: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
ocelot2006:

I may not agree with the way Huawei treats its contract employees, but I have to admit that I prefer their equipment (MW radios, BTSs, BSCs) to that from other vendors. Cheap, rugged, extremely versatile, and easy to use.

When u talk of ruggedity, huawei comes last. Alcatel, erisccon are far rugged dan huawei.

Huawei is just gud in innovation, and their products BTS, and radios gives rum for future expansion and easy to use.

But those chinese no be am, they av suceeded in making nonsense of lucrative telecom jobs since they penetrated. Busy repatriating fund to dia parent company in china while using treating Nig Engrs d way they like due to high unemployment rate.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by dabossman(m): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
This is a very subjective thread. Any disgruntled employee or former employee who was laid off can come here and say their organization use and dump members of staff, even when they are the guilt party.

In truth, many Nigerians lack quality work ethics. From the public to the private sector the trend is the same. We want to do "small work" and earn mega bucks (owo pupo, ise kekere as one musician sang). That is why service in Nigeria is very poor. Someone being paid to do a job treats the customer shabbily because he feels he is doing everyone, including his employer a favour. We forget that hard work is the bedrock of success.

Hold up before you say you'd rather work smart. Even working smart requires a lot of hardwork. Working smart means acquiring knowledge that your peers and competitors don't have. It means applying such knowledge appropriately. It means re-inventing yourself constantly. That's a lot of hard work.

Yes, many companies take advantage of the failure of our labour laws, but Nigerians attitude to work really needs to improve too.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by dabossman(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lanceslot: No time for nonsense, I hate working for someone, that's why I am nd will always remain my own boss. I don't work for anybody.

Good for you. Question is what do your staff think of your company? Will they agree that you treat them well and pay them well?

That of course is if you presently have an employees in your company, although I'm sure you would want to expand eventually even if you are the only one for now.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Ezeibe(m): 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
jp philips:

what did you contribute to the subject of discourse?
★★★
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
If una list all these companies.., where man wan take work again for 9ja?? Chai.., naijiriya nor be place ooO!
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
twaintoy: All banks combined together. I just dont like banking sector. Use and dump is d slogan.
ppl lyk u have never smelt d bankg sector...bet ur judgemnt ws based on mere propaganda.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lilimax: A lot of companies out there does not tolerate laziness...
Your work must justify your pay?

Any lazy staff will be shown the way out....

It is only a foolish company that will sack a hardworking staff?
So mark a niche for yourself by working hard; even if your coy want to downsize,
you'll be spared.

SEE, they ll FIRE YOU. HARDWORK or NOT. I agree that most employees are on the downside.
But MOST Companies still OVERUSE the hardworking ones, and when they exhibit a lil glitch, they FIRE THEM.

I no wan mention any coy!

dabossman: This is a very subjective thread. Any disgruntled employee or former employee who was laid off can come here and say their organization use and dump members of staff, even when they are the guilt party.

In truth, many Nigerians lack quality work ethics. From the public to the private sector the trend is the same. We want to do "small work" and earn mega bucks (owo pupo, ise kekere as one musician sang). That is why service in Nigeria is very poor. Someone being paid to do a job treats the customer shabbily because he feels he is doing everyone, including his employer a favour. We forget that hard work is the bedrock of success.

Hold up before you say you'd rather work smart. Even working smart requires a lot of hardwork. Working smart means acquiring knowledge that your peers and competitors don't have. It means applying such knowledge appropriately. It means re-inventing yourself constantly. That's a lot of hard work.

Yes, many companies take advantage of the failure of our labour laws, but Nigerians attitude to work really needs to improve too.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by bigfriend(m): 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
1. Lebanese/ Arabs in general
2. Chinese
3. Japanese
4. Indians
5.South Koreans

Koreans r the worst cos they see us blacks as slaves to them,imagine where the bring in a know nothing from Korea,the ask u to teach him the job and after doing so they make him ur manager.pls verify this,check in Nigeria and tel me where any black man is a manger in a Korean company!they cut u like a king when ur services r needed and dump u like a rotten orange when ur services r no longer needed.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Gen2jaynee: 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
dont mind him na our mouth him wan take hear am, him wan use us shine na, with him COW face
bigtt76: No be you suppose kick-start the s*ht? grin
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
adorable29: GLOBACOM! No structure! No staff welfare! No job satisfaction! You can remain in one position with same salary for 10yrs!
if u can remain in 1 positn 4 10yrs,dnt u think dat d fault is from you?
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by md2000: 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Prodeco int'l. ONNE Port HARCOURT. Do I have a witness here? The company nobi am.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Lyoncrescent: 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
I think Government Agencies are the best when it comes to this Topic and this is evident since no one has mentioned any government ministry or agency. They rarely use and dump staff and job security/promotion is quite strong i think. On the other hand their pay isn't that much. I think some of the comments are justified while some are just from lazy staff who feel aggrieved cos of their former employers.

Disclaimer: I am a Federal Civil Servant wink
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by dabossman(m): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
nutty_hnic:

SEE, they ll FIRE YOU. HARDWORK or NOT. I agree that most employees are on the downside.
But MOST Companies still OVERUSE the hardworking ones, and when they exhibit a lil glitch, they FIRE THEM.

I no wan mention any coy!

Yes, there are companies that use and dump their staff, no doubt. But hardly will you see a wise employee who will fire his cash cow. Most people get fired when they become expendable. The trick then is not to be expendable. Many people get too comfortable on their jobs and positions. The world is constantly changing and technology is improving. The same way you were doing your job five years ago does not apply now, but many fail to realize that.

Hard work isn't just resuming on time, spending long hours and meeting deadlines. What new and innovative solutions do you offer your employer? You are a cashier at a bank and counting money, stamping cheques and vouchers and balancing your books is all you know to do and you think you can do that continuously for five years? Chances are they'll kick you out and employ a fresher at half the cost because your increasing salary no longer matches your job description.

I know a young banker who is a master at foreign languages. Spanish, French, Chinese Mandarin and German. Trust me he has survived many bank lay-offs but instead constantly got promoted just for possessing that extra others don't have.

That said, many Nigerians also work in sectors they are not passionate about, hence the lack of drive to propel themselves forward towards excellence on the job. You can't apply yourself to a task you don't enjoy, and soon even your employer will notice.

6 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by lanreni: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
I sympathize with firms trying to weather the storms in our economy, while upholding sound ethical values,
but some are outright baskarts!!! angry
FINLAB Nigeria Limited, Anthony,Abuja, Owerri....RUN! RUN!! RUN!!!
By the time they are through with you, you will become useless to the outside world. If you are lucky, you get =N=20,000 as
PENSION!!! its according to your level of uselessness to the outside world. angry angry shocked grin grin grin angry angry

1 Like

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Shigoboy(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
OMO WOOD NIG LTD (chinese company), a branch of WEMPCO GROUP, located at ijebu ogbere, Ogun State.....basicaly on Nigerians exploitation
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by omeiz93: 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Jonathan & patience Nigeria Limited.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
glolomoh: CNSSL

Chinese, right?
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by ShotCaller: 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hello Guys, its sad to hear our future leaders come here and rant about poor employers..from mentioning that all the asian,lebanese, korean to all the multinationals being mean even the banks and one man owned businesses are not spared...its seems our youths are missing the point...if all these coy. Are bad then we are in trouble...the only sector not mentioned are the government jobs...which is the laziest sector of any econony...go to abuja or Alausa..you are only inte®ested in playing politics..people don't come to work for 2weeks and nobody complains as long as u settle ur boss on ur return from ur trip...I am on my own now...used to work in a telecoms sector and bank and manufacturing...the conditions were not the best but I could not complain...u guys need to stop complaining and work hard and smarter too...I have about 11 staff and about 25percent of them are looser and lazy...while some am blessed to have them in my team....so pls the grass aint greener on the other side...stop complaining..... Shallom

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uduak Akpan Bathes His Victims With Acid After Killing Them. Pictures / Federal Ministry Of Health Massive Recruitment August 2014 / Share Your NIMC Test Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.