Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria (79864 Views)

Please Useful Informations On How Sumal Food Treat Their Staff In Ibadan. / Top List Of Worst Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Ikorodu, Lagos / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lyoncrescent: I think Government Agencies are the best when it comes to this Topic and this is evident since no one has mentioned any government ministry or agency. They rarely use and dump staff and job security/promotion is quite strong i think. On the other hand their pay isn't that much. I think some of the comments are justified while some are just from lazy staff who feel aggrieved cos of their former employers.

Disclaimer: I am a Federal Civil Servant wink

Kogi state government recently fired 400+ Local Government workers..

Though, I agree with you..

The probability of a steady rise in a government establishment is high (not all)

+

Life Pension till death

+

Gratuity

+

Flexible working hours

+

20+ days workers leave annually

+

Leave Bonus

+

Rest of Mind

Government job is the BEST form of "slavery" in Life.

Meanwhile, wealthy & great business men & women rule the world

1 Like

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by poccahunter(f): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mediterranean Hotel Asokoro. if you love your sanity, dignity and progress don't go there. The MD Muhammad withholds staff salaries, and physically beat them!

4 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
This thread is an eye ooener considering when some firms deliberately refuse to enrole their staff for PFAs and HMO services.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
poccahunter: Mediterranean Hotel Asokoro. if you love your sanity, dignity and progress don't go there. The MD Muhammad withholds staff salaries, and physically beat them!

That means the employees are kids and puppets on diapers..

1 Like

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by chessguru1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
dabossman: This is a very subjective thread. Any disgruntled employee or former employee who was laid off can come here and say their organization use and dump members of staff, even when they are the guilt party.

In truth, many Nigerians lack quality work ethics. From the public to the private sector the trend is the same. We want to do "small work" and earn mega bucks (owo pupo, ise kekere as one musician sang). That is why service in Nigeria is very poor. Someone being paid to do a job treats the customer shabbily because he feels he is doing everyone, including his employer a favour. We forget that hard work is the bedrock of success.

Hold up before you say you'd rather work smart. Even working smart requires a lot of hardwork. Working smart means acquiring knowledge that your peers and competitors don't have. It means applying such knowledge appropriately. It means re-inventing yourself constantly. That's a lot of hard work.

Yes, many companies take advantage of the failure of our labour laws, but Nigerians attitude to work really needs to improve too.
Couldn't agree more. Anybody that has observed a team of chinese or japanese or even germans work will understand the meaning of work ethic.
A few years ago, adax petroleum contacted the building of a flow station to a chinese company. My friend was an intern of adax at the time, and he said he couldn't believe how these people worked. They took the work so seriously. Once they started each day, they wouldn't stop till their shift was over, no excessive gisting/bickering. They finished the flow station under 3 weeks. Some thing would have taken a nigerian company months!
Another example of our poor work ethic. Can be seen in the activities of our regular artisans.
We were constructing our house and we paid a carpenter to finish up the door frames, etc within the house. You won't believe that this man didn't do anything for over a week, because it rained almost everyday that week.

So waiting consine rain for outside, and carpenter work for inside house

1 Like

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by onegig(m): 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
devour129: you are so right ! i run a business and hate changing workers although i gain more if i get new workers cos they will start from the bottom (less pay than people that have payed their dues). av got workers i don't care about and i got some i would move mountain to keep.i go for their weddings,family burial etc and i know most members of their family. the lazy ones that joke with my livelihood i joke with theirs.
i hope you can say same for a company that owes staff 7 months salaries and keep them in the same position for years without rise in pay. Tell me are those ones lazy also?
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by idealsico(m): 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
My experience with Engr. Emeka Unachukwu (current President, Port Harcourt Chamber of Commerce,Mines and Industry) with his Morflex Export Ltd. is a very ugly one. I was introduced to him by my former colleague at work.Emeka persuaded me to come over to work for him and that he would pay me higher than I was receiving then.I left my job and switched over.I never knew he was such a terrible person to work for.He was based in Port harcourt,while I was operating his business with a University in my state.This man would be posing as a big man,displaying all manner of cars but could not pay our salaries.Before I left that job, he owed me more than ten months salary.He issued me dud cheque a number of times.The few times he paid me was by the compulsion of his business partners who paid us and back-charged him.Very soon I will drag him to court. Emeka Unachukwu and his Morflex is bad example of an employer.

1 Like

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by ShotCaller: 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
Laziness, indiscipline and complacency some of the reason why some people are where they are on the food chain of life...its not the politicians or corruption only that is destroying us....indolence
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by CastleandGreen: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Baba_Eleko: GEJ and PDP group of fraudster company used Nigerians intelligence before election and dump them after election. The greatest heist in Nigeria history.
Tinubu & Buhari of APC is far worst!!!!!!!
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by robi55(m): 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
;DU statrt na,no be ur topic?
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
kola639: De United A.K.A Indomie @ Ota,
Tower Aluminium @ Ota
Not only the two of them buh all industries in Ota.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Gabassin: 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
blessed4ril:
I wonda oo
stop all dis one ogaa.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by michealade(m): 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
Una don mention every company fr dis country wich one person go work nau,chaiii
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by waldigit: 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
aryzgreat: Huawei chinko av killed our telecom industry. Say 'no' to chinese monopoly in Nigeria telecom industry. They hire u, and fire u at d end of d project.

They fire you because you add no value to them.
Bitter truth. BYOB
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
md2000: Prodeco int'l. ONNE Port HARCOURT. Do I have a witness here? The company nobi am.
Guy, tell me something. I went for an interview there on Sept. An Indian engr. interviewd me, haven't heard from them till now(though I was meant to believe dat d job was urgent, a guy I meant in d man's office keep telling me dat no one has filled d vacancy till now) . D workers appear happy
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
ignis: CHELSEA FC
In nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
last timer: I will mention:
Drury Chemicals Agbara
Gaurapad Foundation Lagos fake NGO
Dru ......what?.......I gat a friend dt worked there. We conducted vigil before he left cos there was nothing to show dt he was working sef. DRURY.........I hail oooo.

1 Like

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by shady26(m): 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lilimax: A lot of companies out there does not tolerate laziness...
Your work must justify your pay?

Any lazy staff will be shown the way out....

It is only a foolish company that will sack a hardworking staff?
So mark a niche for yourself by working hard; even if your coy want to downsize,
you'll be spared.

your analysis appears to simple, however the problem is much more complex than that. Given the serious unemployment crises ravaging the country which has turned the Nigerian labor market an employers market,a bad management of a certain company experimenting with very bad policies that are not working (not producing results for the company) most times conviniently takes it out on the staff. When you were learning to solve a particular tough mathematical equation in school back in the days, the many pages you cancel out your operations and possibly tear out cannot be blamed for your woos.( anyway nobody asked those pages of exercise book how they felt being torn off that way in the middle of the equation)

1 Like

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by waldigit: 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mighty Fortress: Scary.. This thread makes me hate ever wanting to work 4 anybody, but We wey neva get experience or capital to establish or run companies of our own, what do we do then?

Take job with anyone that has excellent training opportunity at low salary. Set a target of duration of the training for uself. Learn everything u need to know in that industry. Star on a part time while u are still with them. at d set date quit and start mindind ur own business.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by devour129: 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
onegig: i hope you can say same for a company that owes staff 7 months salaries and keep them in the same position for years without rise in pay. Tell me are those ones lazy also?
i swear i can never do that,not because we are on the internet. i use to pay on the first day of the last week until i noticed they don't show up after being payed,so i pay on the last working day.if you come for try-out in my company,i pay your transport (plus normal feeding) until your training is over . am writing about myself and so many other good employers ! this owing issue happened my older sister way back,there oga even went to kogi to contest for governorship and lost. he took off without paying staff for months to go lick his wounds. the guy bounced back a year later, he called all his good staff and payed them with interest(this is not a story ,it really happened ). my sister got her money,she started her business with that money. not saying people should owe others,please pay your workers and let them go instead of keeping them without pay cos that is devilish.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nigeria Police
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by accused(m): 2:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
FOBY ENGINEERING LIMITED-d MD is a monster, who is very arrogant with his staff,will owe u for months with steady treat of sack.

WILLIAM LLOYDS TECHNICAL COMPANY- they will force all staff for monthly deliverance at mountine of fire in lagos,all staff are posses by one demon or the other so u most go for deliverance, u can be sack any moment without reason. before u re employed a pastor have to check u up spiritually.total abuse of staff rights by the md
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nosyke(m): 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
poccahunter: Mediterranean Hotel Asokoro. if you love your sanity, dignity and progress don't go there. The MD Muhammad withholds staff salaries, and physically beat them!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
I fear for the future of the average nigerian youth. Our attitude to work is nothing to write home about.

I wager that 90% of the people who are complaining here are incompetent. Hence their sack.

We do not want to put in the time and effort yet you want your pay as and when due.

The guys at the office/factory are already hinting at their xmas and new year presents. One even had the chutzpah to request for his 13th month salary.

These are the sort of people you deal with. Yet they wear a face uglier than the masquerade in my village the moment you ask them to do a little task.

6 Likes

Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
kola639: De United A.K.A Indomie @ Ota,
Tower Aluminium @ Ota
I disagree with u on tower aluminium....am an IT Student dere nd I knw dey cater for dere staffs....
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Bome01(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
SUMAL used to be very mean back in the days to their employees. . . Don't know about now!
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by bishopGerman: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ok
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
devour129: i swear i can never do that,not because we are on the internet. i use to pay on the first day of the last week until i noticed they don't show up after being payed,so i pay on the last working day.if you come for try-out in my company,i pay your transport (plus normal feeding) until your training is over . am writing about myself and so many other good employers ! this owing issue happened my older sister way back,there oga even went to kogi to contest for governorship and lost. he took off without paying staff for months to go lick his wounds. the guy bounced back a year later, he called all his good staff and payed them with interest(this is not a story ,it really happened ). my sister got her money,she started her business with that money. not saying people should owe others,please pay your workers and let them go instead of keeping them without pay cos that is devilish.

madam, the way you've been singing praises about this your company, one would think its the best place and wanna do anything to get in, LOL! cheesy cheesy

I like that anyway!

What is your company into, and what level of people do you employ?
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by fcdalatu: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
All telecom coy are worst than most people outside think, if u want to waste your active life then try one of this so called telecom coy.
( i have worked with one for five yrs).

Fed govt job is more secured and guaranteed.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by sammoe(m): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this : going by the comments on the first page, the topic should be 'List of Companies in Nigeria that Use and Dump Their Staff'.

@post Revealing comments, though some of those guys are no longer news.
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by devour129: 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
nawaooo:

madam, the way you've been singing praises about this your company, one would think its the best place and wanna do anything to get in, LOL! cheesy cheesy

I like that anyway!

What is your company into, and what level of people do you employ?
am selling my company,don't need to ! i just believe people to do unto others what you want others to do unto you. my prayers is for everyone to own there own biz and come back to say the same thing. tired of company bashing abeg
Re: List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria by Dominionng(m): 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
If u really understood Kiyosaki's cash flow quadrant, you won't be here talking poppycock!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Scam alert: Quest International Company In Port Harcourt / Federal Ministry Of Health Massive Recruitment August 2014 / Share Your NIMC Test Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.