Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? (19720 Views)

Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? / Must A Successful Woman Be Married? / Should A Woman Be Pregnant for Her Fiance Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Donmichaelz(m): 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
hmmmmmm dis 1 is strong!!eleyi gidi gan,seun bring me the holy koboko which of these mod allowed it on frontpage?

*lies mod and op on the ground*
*floogs them 18 lashes each*
*demons comes out of them shouting jesuuuuuuuu
na posses i posses them no be kill i wan kill dem now

10 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by everyday: 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
Being married or not is unrelated to being a bridesmaid.Its is a personal decision
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Tyche(m): 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
Technically, there is nothing wrong with that but its always better for a single chic to do.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by ichommy(m): 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Na you knw . . . My twin is getting married next month and I'm her maid of honour. Me I no send . . . cool cool

Lol
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by xynerise: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
If her husband will allow her then no problem.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Egbagirl(f): 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
maryhaam: I think d whole essence of d bridemaid n train is for single to mingle...........my thinkin thou

to the best of my knowledge, I do not think so. If I am having bridesmaids just so they can mingle with other singles then they might as well sit their behinds down in the crowd and mingle all they want. After all, plenty single people full d wedding abi no be so?

From what I know, the BMs and MoH are supposed to tend to the bride on this day and even before playing support roles. They assist in some preparations, help dress the bride, and literally be there for her throughout the whole process. If I wan chop, na my bridesmaid I go ask for food. In fact, they are my errand girls for that time period. It will be duly reciprocated of course. If you know you are not ready to do that, pls find your way and sit in the crowd. They are not called "maids" for nothing. lol. Everything is done out of love anyway. So if they are married, it does not mean cannot function in that role.

Although, traditionally, BMs and MsoH were single, we all know that tradition is always evolving and is never constant.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tokunbobo(m): 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
It is not wrIte and makes it so wrong to use a married person either man or woman. I have some reasons why the intending couples should not allow it but I will only share one point why married person should not accept to be a bridesmaid. It is absoluitely downgrading for a married person and can unknowingly lead to some negative situations like stagnnation or backwardness. As regards the law aspect I want to emphasize it that there is no law prohibiting it. Like other people have said its your choice but it is wrong. Regards
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Egbagirl(f): 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
tokunbobo: It is not wrIte and makes it so wrong to use a married person either man or woman. I have some reasons why the intending couples should not allow it but I will only share one point why married person should not accept to be a bridesmaid. It is absoluitely downgrading for a married person and can unknowingly lead to some negative situations like stagnnation or backwardness. As regards the law aspect I want to emphasize it that there is no law prohibiting it. Like other people have said its your choice but it is wrong. Regards

Excuse me, did you say downgrading?? How? Please explain as I am not sure I completely understand your point. How can it also lead to backwardness or "stagnation" (what do you mean by this anyway?)?

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by oyedun82(m): 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
wetin concern me?

Shey E don clear??

Gbagbe osi
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=14pt]SLAVE MENTALITY!

THERE ARE NO BRIDEMAIDS IN NIGERIA CULTURE!

ONLY HOUSEMAIDS![/size]

Quit screaming!

What do you call the ladies (women) that accompany the bride during the "traditional" marriage?

Oh, lest I forget, what exactly is this Nigerian culture?
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Mucokey(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ONLY HOUSEMAIDS![/size]
I kinda wonder since u re a renown PAGAN...will/did u wed cheesy
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by RedCard1(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
For anything that has to do with coming to a bride's aid, the single ladies has to be called upon. A married woman shouldn't dare be the bride's maid.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Egbagirl(f): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Red_Card: For anything that has to do with coming to a bride's aid, the single ladies has to be called upon. A married woman shouldn't dare be the bride's maid.

Because

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by mutvy: 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Why not,afterall it is not a crime.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by RedCard1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
Egba girl:

Excuse me, did you say downgrading?? How? Please explain as I am not sure I completely understand your point. How can it also lead to backwardness or "stagnation" (what do you mean by this anyway?)?
e be like say you be one of those married women way still dey do chief bride's maid for other women. Please change cos it's wrong. Let the single ladies get chances too. Awuf sabi podge belle o
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by IamDavid(m): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ONLY HOUSEMAIDS![/size]
what is this one saying??
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Deiok(m): 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
What about using grand mama and as ur pridemaids, and grandpapa as ur best man.gringrin
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
HELL to the NO! Gosh
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Coldfeet(f): 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Na you knw . . . My twin is getting married next month and I'm her maid of honour. Me I no send . . . cool cool
Me sef no send! My elder sis is getting married this Dec and am her maid of honour too! And am MARRIED!! its better to have someone who you are very close to and share a lot in common by your side on your big day irrespective of status.

She was my maid of honour too.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=16pt]SLAVE MENTALITY!

ONLY HOUSEMAIDS![/size]
Ok we don hear! grin

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by passionate88: 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
xynerise: If her husband will allow her then no problem.
I don't think the husband should have a say on that aspect of the ceremony. It is the bride's decision that counts when it comes to bride's maids
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Egbagirl(f): 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
Red_Card: e be like say you be one of those married women way still dey do chief bride's maid for other women. Please change cos it's wrong. Let the single ladies get chances too. Awuf sabi podge belle o

Hahahaha I'm not even married! I guess people don't understand the purpose of having bridesmaids
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by buoye1(m): 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
From the name itself BRAID+SMAID!!!!!!!Haba.....Habatically......How can a married woman be a maid to a new wifeShe is her senior""""" matrimonially"""""(make I borrow that word),so the respect shld be gvn to her..........

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Iceman296: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
The Question Should be What is Even the Need For the Bridal Chain. I thought the essence was for Single Ladies To get Attraction from the Guest(Single Men). The Married ones go Spoil Runs!
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Xano(m): 11:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bridesmaid, married? Why? Bridesmaid is for single(and expectant bride). Its odd to see a married bridesmaid.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Egbagirl(f): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
buoye1: From the name itself BRAID+SMAID!!!!!!!Haba.....Habatically......How can a married woman be a maid to a new wifeShe is her senior""""" matrimonially"""""(make I borrow that word),so the respect shld be gvn to her..........

Senior in what? Cause she is married she is my senior? O ga o
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by meforyou1(m): 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ladies use every opportunity to look for husband these days. Bridesmaid and bridal train to look for husband. My igbo sisters go home christmas and easter to look for husband. Even birthday party to look for husband.
Yet, year in, year out, u still see them single.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
buoye1: From the name itself BRAID+SMAID!!!!!!!Haba.....Habatically......How can a married woman be a maid to a new wifeShe is her senior""""" matrimonially"""""(make I borrow that word),so the respect shld be gvn to her..........

You no get shame.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by mcfynest(m): 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
why not?? it is your marriage not nigeria marriage
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Richy4(m): 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Fadelex:
where is nurse titi and nurse Abigail? they've allowed this particular patient out of his ward again....

Abeg no kill meeeoooo grin
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Richy4(m): 11:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
the answer you are looking for is on the movie 27 dresses or 28 dresses i can't remember the name either the two just Google or go on you-tube for it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should My Girlfriend Go And Collect Her Things From Her Ex / Male Babies Suck Breast More Than Female Babies, WHY? / My Mother-in-law Hates Because I Refuse To Call My Sister-in-law "Aunty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.