Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,104 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? (19721 Views)

Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? / Must A Successful Woman Be Married? / Should A Woman Be Pregnant for Her Fiance Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Egbagirl(f): 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
DailyNews: To the best of my knowledge, it is very wrong for a married man to be a groom's bestman and wrong for a married woman to be a bride's bridesmaid.

Because some people do or did it doesn't make it right.

And if I am getting married, my bride dare not try to bring her married friends to be her bridesmaid or on her bridal train, NEVER! If she doesn't have any single friend or pal, then it should be vacant!

Reasons:
If he/she is having marital issues, he/she would transfer it to the newly married couple (its a myth though), but that's y single people are best choices for those two positions.

And again its main purpose is to encourage the bestman and the bridesmaid to also do same- marry, ask elderly people who have unbiased knowledge.

I can never agree to be a bestman to anyone the moment I am married myself cos its wrong, and its like thinking backward and wishing yourself single again, which is not right.

Some things are not good to practice even though it may not seem bad to us, but follow the norm to avoid any unknown or underlying repercussion.

You have passed that stage, so let it go and watch singles do their thing while u smile in reminiscence.

What? Pls tell me this is a joke. I honestly don't understand the logic behind your point. I think Nigerians need a lesson on the purpose of a bridesmaid or groomsman.

Oyinbo people wey teach us no teach well. This is the result.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Egbagirl(f): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
Irenenoble: I think since the word 'maid' is present,married women shuld stay clear.The fact that the person would be a bride's maid makes the position unsuitable for a married woman

And there aren't married women who do housemaid duties for families So because someone is married, being a maid is taboo?
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tpia5: 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
I think the silliest comments so far on this topic are the ones where some folks are saying a married bridesmaid is preventing singles from getting husbands? ( or some such blah).

The purpose of having a bridal train is to find husbands for people? Or so people can hook up?

Sorry, i didnt know that, maybe i'm out of touch.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Johnnoo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
Thebrightest: I dont care as far as i have sex everyday.

Who cares
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Johnnoo(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
tpia@:
I think the silliest comments so far on this topic are the ones where some folks are saying a married bridesmaid is preventing singles from getting husbands? ( or some such blah).

The purpose of having a bridal train is to find husbands for people? Or so people can hook up?

Sorry, i didnt know that, maybe i'm out of touch.

GBAM!!!
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by eightsin(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
Imagine, a marriage lady shruggly to catch flower with single ladies... So it's a no! It's for single ladies.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Tirham1: 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
Why not. It's called Matron of honor because u r married.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tpia5: 6:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
eightsin: Imagine, a marriage lady shruggly to catch flower with single ladies... So it's a no! It's for single ladies.

when throwing the bouquet, whoever needs husband are the ones who should line up, the most desperate among them can push the other ones out of the way so she will be the one to catch the flowers.

and since divorce is also expected by most of today's generation, whoever needs a new husband can also struggle to catch flowers with the other ladies.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by aadetoyin(f): 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
eightsin: Imagine, a marriage lady shruggly to catch flower with single ladies... So it's a no! It's for single ladies.

Nobody said its compulsory for everyone on the bridal train to catch bouquet on that day. I don't remember bothering to even catch it even wen I was single.
Who cares bout the bouquet?

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by violet90(f): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
What's wrong wth u ? Heeeeeeh! Can't u read very well or what. R we discussing abt sex here? If u dnt hav anythn to say u keep off.
I wonder y nairaland •̸№ bouns u out from here.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by aadetoyin(f): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by showby: 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
You are free to make your choice but a married woman being a bridesmaid doesn't look proper if you ask me. It looks like a married man in a bachelor's eve. Madam, please leave the unmarried ones to enjoy themselves. You don do your own pass. Wetin you dey find? Please step aside.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tpia5: 2:34am On Oct 20, 2013
^its the bride's day, dear.

you're supposed to be celebrating the lady getting married, not fighting over male attention and begrudging those who you imagine are diverting the men's attention away from you?

do you think your attitude is attractive?
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Bluvs2rock(f): 4:30am On Oct 20, 2013
The train is for the people dearest to you wether married or single, afterall, there's a provision for a matron of honour. In the end, it's about what makes you happy.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by EfemenaXY: 7:07am On Oct 20, 2013
millenni: Is it okay or wrong for a married woman to be a bride's maid?? pls kindly state ur reasons.

There are no rights or wrongs here, neither are there any hard and fast rules that must be strictly adhered to.

It all boils down to personal choice. Do what you're most comfortable with - it's your big day afterall! smiley
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by ciphoenix: 9:16am On Oct 20, 2013
tpia@:
^its the bride's day, dear.

you're supposed to be celebrating the lady getting married, not fighting over male attention and begrudging those who you imagine are diverting the men's attention away from you?

do you think your attitude is attractive?

Word
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by katyluv: 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
you want to have sex every day, what concerns sex and the topic? Abi you be male okukoh? ( fowl)
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by fyneguy: 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
davdandam: Dagrin:ki lo kan eni tati gbe ni iyawo kan weddin gown grin

Do you know the meaning of that line? Some people dont even know why Dagrin said it.

Remember he started with ''Emi ni Best but e fe fun mi ni Crown''?

Hence he meant ''I am the best. I dont need your crown to make me the best''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should My Girlfriend Go And Collect Her Things From Her Ex / Male Babies Suck Breast More Than Female Babies, WHY? / My Mother-in-law Hates Because I Refuse To Call My Sister-in-law "Aunty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.