Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? (19722 Views)

Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? / Must A Successful Woman Be Married? / Should A Woman Be Pregnant for Her Fiance Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 19, 2013
wrong........absolutely!
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by toprealman: 12:29am On Oct 19, 2013
Female wahala......off I go.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by davdandam(m): 2:12am On Oct 19, 2013
Dagrin:ki lo kan eni tati gbe ni iyawo kan weddin gown grin
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Layolaw(f): 3:14am On Oct 19, 2013
married or single, pray for God direction so that you 'll not have problem afterward

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 19, 2013
xynerise: If her husband will allow her then no problem.

I didn't know we needed our husbands' permission to choose who will be our chief bride's maid or when we can do same for someone else.

Umu nwanyi a tagbu go onwe ha na afufu!
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 19, 2013
While we were still undergraduates, I and my best friends decided to be each others bridesmaid... I was her bridesmaid in February, she's gonna be mine, QED. I'll have other single ladies on my train so they can hook up with the cute guys around... Simple. Nigerians we too like to complicate things.

An uncle of mine was his younger brothers bestman and someone told him 'you no de shame?' He nicely told the guy that if not for God and the distinguished people around, he'd have giving him (the nosy fella) a thorough beating! grin grin angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by pek(m): 6:50am On Oct 19, 2013
Nikapetrelli: It is wrong,d should give d single ladies d opportunity so that d can find their own husbands
you made a point, But a baseless and invalid one!
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by pek(m): 6:51am On Oct 19, 2013
Nikapetrelli: It is wrong,d should give d single ladies d opportunity so that d can find their own husbands
You made a point, But a baseless and invalid one!
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by xynerise: 7:15am On Oct 19, 2013
Ujujoan:

I didn't know we needed our husbands' permission to choose who will be our chief bride's maid or when we can do same for someone else.

Umu nwanyi a tagbu go onwe ha na afufu!
I meant the bride's maid husband
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 19, 2013
To the best of my knowledge, it is very wrong for a married man to be a groom's bestman and wrong for a married woman to be a bride's bridesmaid.

Because some people do or did it doesn't make it right.

And if I am getting married, my bride dare not try to bring her married friends to be her bridesmaid or on her bridal train, NEVER! If she doesn't have any single friend or pal, then it should be vacant!

Reasons:
If he/she is having marital issues, he/she would transfer it to the newly married couple (its a myth though), but that's y single people are best choices for those two positions.

And again its main purpose is to encourage the bestman and the bridesmaid to also do same- marry, ask elderly people who have unbiased knowledge.

I can never agree to be a bestman to anyone the moment I am married myself cos its wrong, and its like thinking backward and wishing yourself single again, which is not right.

Some things are not good to practice even though it may not seem bad to us, but follow the norm to avoid any unknown or underlying repercussion.

You have passed that stage, so let it go and watch singles do their thing while u smile in reminiscence.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 19, 2013
DailyNews: To the best of my knowledge, it is very wrong for a married man to be a groom's bestman and wrong for a married woman to be a bride's bridesmaid.

Because some people do or did it doesn't make it right.

And if I am getting married, my bride dare not try to bring her married friends to be her bridesmaid or on her bridal train, NEVER! If she doesn't have any single friend or pal, then it should be vacant!

Reasons:
If he/she is having marital issues, he/she would transfer it to the newly married couple (its a myth though), but that's y single people are best choices for those two positions.

And again its main purpose is to encourage the bestman and the bridesmaid to also do same- marry, ask elderly people who have unbiased knowledge.

I can never agree to be a bestman to anyone the moment I am married myself cos its wrong, and its like thinking backward and wishing yourself single again, which is not right.

Some things are not good to practice even though it may not seem bad to us, but follow the norm to avoid any unknown or underlying repercussion.

You have passed that stage, so let it go and watch singles do their thing while u smile in reminiscence.

For a very long time, Its been long someone spew this amount of thrash!

** folds comment, straight to the bin**

OP, just make sure you get well toned bridesmaids, married or not. Bridesmaids are meant to be fit to perform their duties that day. Help running around for you. Don't go carry mama iyabours that will sit around and only wait for food lipsrsealed. The ones that will help, starts sweating like Xmas g**ts as if its their first exercise since a longtime .

It's your day, you deserve the best!
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 19, 2013
^Hi Chilli, I said and I quote: “...to the best of my knowledge, it is very wrong...” I hope u missed that

We all have learned something about life based on our locations, background, upbringing, exposure and belief, and u don't expect me to twist my words or opinion to suit what u and others may want to hear/read just cos I am online...nope dear...so don't murder my opinion just cos it isn't in-line with yours.

I gave the threadstarter my own opinion, and I stand by it.

And I also repeat: my bride dare not try or let me say: dare not bring her married friends to be her bridesmaid. If she doesn't have a single friend that suits that position, then bingo! And I won't bring a married friend or relation to be my bestman and will never be one once I am married.

Have a lovely weekendsmiley
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2013
@dailynews, all these conditions for your bride. I pity her. That day is supposed to be for her, and the last time I checked she can make her own decision.

Don't be surprised, na she go even give you conditions tire for that day.

Typical Naija man! " my bride dare not....."

Chai. God help us.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 19, 2013
Chillisauce: @dailynews, all these conditions for your bride. I pity her. That day is supposed to be for her, and the last time I checked she can make her own decision.

Don't be surprised, na she go even give you conditions tire for that day.

Typical Naija man! " my bride dare not....."

Chai. God help us.
Nope dear, u are wrong...I know myself, I am one of d simplest guys u can ever think of, but some things are an eyesore: a married woman as my bride's bridesmaid No way deargrin

What if that ur friend is pregnant when ur wedding was to take place What if her hubby says no What if, what if

There are cuter, smarter, better singles that ought to fit in that position, don't sideline them abeg...she's married for Csake, let her go and sit her bum one placegringrin

My bride; she's gonna be a lucky person, that's to d best of my knowledge abt myself nowsmiley

...and I dnt have rules...I am so free and harmless...haven't laid my hands on any man, woman, kid, teen, adult even while I was in secondary school as a prefect, broke d record of d only prefect who never used cane on any student.

I am so free n my life is as open as a booksmiley
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2013
So if al her friends are married, then nothing for her undecided.

Also you think it's only singles that are smart and cute, you never jam!

If my friend was pregnant and still want to participate I go for it, as long as she has the strength to rock her wears and very se xxy!
So her hubby will tell her not to join shocked

Anyway! Na you know, where I come from my hubby will be sitting by the side, watching his pregnant se xxy wife dance away life.
Now sef, I still they book for chief bride for my friends grin.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by ritux: 8:36am On Oct 19, 2013
This topic made me remember an incident that happened in one of this new modern churches during solemnization. It is either redeem or winners....can't remember exactly. My sisters husband was the best man to the groom. During the sermon, the pastor started prophesying to him that he sees him getting married very soon before the end of the year.

Menh....you need to see the funny smile and laugh that was on the faces of those that knew he was married.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by free2ryhme: 8:48am On Oct 19, 2013
Royal Roy:

You are a twin? interesting!!

Its your personal choice @op
We Africans attach too much sentiment to issues.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I have heared in Yorubaland that you cannot attend the burial of a younger person than you.[/font]

I believe it's all a thing of the mind.

we are too superstitious in this part of the world
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2013
ritux: This topic made me remember an incident that happened in one of this new modern churches during solemnization. It is either redeem or winners....can't remember exactly. My sisters husband was the best man to the groom. During the sermon, the pastor started prophesying to him that he sees him getting married very soon before the end of the year.

Menh....you need to see the funny smile and laugh that was on the faces of those that knew he was married.

Chai.....Pastor Don see finish

**--i laugh in gangnam style--**
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2013
ritux: This topic made me remember an incident that happened in one of this new modern churches during solemnization. It is either redeem or winners....can't remember exactly. My sisters husband was the best man to the groom. During the sermon, the pastor started prophesying to him that he sees him getting married very soon before the end of the year.

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by kreamidiva(f): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2013
Me,i want to be my sister's maid of honour o.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Irenenoble(f): 10:14am On Oct 19, 2013
I think since the word 'maid' is present,married women shuld stay clear.The fact that the person would be a bride's maid makes the position unsuitable for a married woman
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tpia5: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2013
I think someone must have done a psychological study on the effect of asking dumb questions as part of the trolling process on the internet, thats the only reason i can think of for most of the d.aft threads i see on nl all the time.

Eg this one.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tpia5: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2013
Willgates: I don't know.

just saw dat it's dis user's first ever topic n it made fp. Wats d secret?

Who knows!
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 19, 2013
Lets just look at de word contex.. 'BridesMAID'.. Its just like a bride's servant for de weddin ceremony...Back to de question, if u're married and u dont find anytin wrong bein a newly-wed servant, pls and pls u can go ahead!
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tucee31: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Buddy dogg: Na bad tin fa... How woman wey don marry dey do Bridemaide hmmmm

What's bad about it? angry
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tpia5: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2013
If you're looking for husband, just attend the wedding dressed and made up.

Guys will still notice you, you dont have to be in the bridal train for them to do that.

The day is supposed to be about the couple getting married, husband seeking is not the main point.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Paulaok4(f): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2013
Nothing wrong with it at all, I think its called Matron of honor when the *maid of honor* is married. My bestie is married and she is still going to be my Matron of honor
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tucee31: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2013
[/b]
Irenenoble: I think since the word 'maid' is present,married women shuld stay clear.The fact that the person would be a bride's maid makes the position unsuitable for a married woman
[b]

angry
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by tpia5: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2013
Chillisauce:

For a very long time, Its been long someone spew this amount of thrash!

** folds comment

I really pity whoever decides to marry him?

I think only a hardened criminally minded female can cope with this level of pettiness, for real.
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Chinoble(f): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2013
DailyNews: ^Hi Chilli, I said and I quote: “...to the best of my knowledge, it is very wrong...” I hope u missed that

We all have learned something about life based on our locations, background, upbringing, exposure and belief, and u don't expect me to twist my words or opinion to suit what u and others may want to hear/read just cos I am online...nope dear...so don't murder my opinion just cos it isn't in-line with yours.

winkI like u!
I gave the threadstarter my own opinion, and I stand by it.

And I also repeat: my bride dare not try or let me say: dare not bring her married friends to be her bridesmaid. If she doesn't have a single friend that suits that position, then bingo! And I won't bring a married friend or relation to be my bestman and will never be one once I am married.

Have a lovely weekendsmiley
Re: Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? by Yemlizzy(f): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
Its just so easy to say this if you aint married yet because once you are married so many things must be taken into consideration.....time tells....there is no two ways about it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

@zion_kitchen_appliances Home Of Kitchen Appliances / Male Babies Suck Breast More Than Female Babies, WHY? / Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.