Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,288 members, 7,839,429 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State (38125 Views)

Jarus-sponsored Buhari Jingle For Kwara State / A Thread For Kwara State Citizens And Inhabitants / Tony Tetuila Declares For Kwara State House Of Assembly Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Jarus(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
Now, have I benefitted anything from being a 'northerner'? No.
Have I lost anything from not being a South-Westerner. I don't think so.

So I'm not so keen at all these artificial classifications.

1 Like

Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by jahrule: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
I am from Kwara state and i have been following this thread from page one, i think you people need to correct a notion which thinking all Kwarans are Ilorin. Everything that has been discussed here are purely Ilorin`s problem and not Kwara as a whole. When go outside Ilorin in Kwara state go and call anybody Fulani and get your Head cut off your Neck. There have been some agitation for creation of states in Kwara state just in order for other people to be able to join their kinsmen in south west like Offa agitating for creation of Ibolo state, Igbomina whose population is the highest also agitating for state.Above all, even Ilorin stance in my opinion is mainly for political and religion reasons if eventuality happens They will join Yoruba for sure. If you doubt me, check the population of people in OPC i mean Odua People Congress, The Agberos in Lagos are also mostly of Kwara extraction. This two miscrants groups are dominated by Ibadan and Kwara and mostly Ilorin Kwara. so don`t confuse religion and political sentiment as reality on ground.

1 Like

Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by hardniola(m): 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
kwara is bigger than ilorin......ilorin do not equal kwara. Let kwaran decide were they want to belong.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Desola(f): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
jahrule: I am from Kwara state and i have been following this thread from page one, i think you people need to correct a notion which thinking all Kwarans are Ilorin. Everything that has been discussed here are purely Ilorin`s problem and not Kwara as a whole. When go outside Ilorin in Kwara state go and call anybody Fulani and get your Head cut off your Neck. There have been some agitation for creation of states in Kwara state just in order for other people to be able to join their kinsmen in south west like Offa agitating for creation of Ibolo state, Igbomina whose population is the highest also agitating for state.Above all, even Ilorin stance in my opinion is mainly for political and religion reasons if eventuality happens They will join Yoruba for sure. If you doubt me, check the population of people in OPC i mean Odua People Congress, [b]The Agberos in Lagos are also mostly of Kwara extraction. This two miscrants groups are dominated by Ibadan and Kwar[/b]a and mostly Ilorin Kwara. so don`t confuse religion and political sentiment as reality on ground.

I noticed that too. Awon ara ilu oke.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by hercules07: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jarus: Now, have I benefitted anything from being a 'northerner'? No.
Have I lost anything from not being a South-Westerner. I don't think so.

So I'm not so keen at all these artificial classifications.

Offa people see themselves more as Yorubas than Northerners, you might have not lost anything by not being a South Westerner, but, if this nation should collapse and everybody goes his way, my brother, it will be better you go with those who speak your language o.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Jarus(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
More seriously, I think from the general feelings, majority of my Kwara South (Yoruba) people don't hold my view. They almost all gladly prefer being in the West. So, if referendum was done, you can be sure Kwara South people will want to be part of SW, where our Yoruba kinsmen are. But me, I'm indifferent. This view remains unchanged.

As for Kwara North (Nupe etc), they have more affinity with the North, and would fit more into the North.

For Kwara Central (Ilorin), that is where teh major confusion is. I don't like to delve much into Ilorin history although some contributors here have touched on it, but from my readings, what is convincing to me is that, Ilorin was a Yoruba city overrun by Fulani, so now ruled by Fulani.

From my interactions with Ilorin folk, some claim to be Yoruba, some Fulani. My wife is from Ilorin and claims Fulani; I have met many Ilorin people (especially females) that go furious when called Yoruba. I have equally met many people from same Ilorin that claim Yoruba and will smack you if you address them as Fulani. Oyb of NL here is one of them. So their identity is just confusing. But their elite (Idi-Agbon, Saraki etc identify with Fulani)
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Jarus(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
hercules07:

Offa people see themselves more as Yorubas than Northerners, you might have not lost anything by not being a South Westerner, but, if this nation should collapse and everybody goes his way, my brother, it will be better you go with those who speak your language o.
I agree, if not for any reason, for the simple fact that we will belong to minority ethnicity in the Republic of Northern Nigeria.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Desola(f): 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jarus: More seriously, I think from the general feelings, majority of my Kwara South (Yoruba) people don't hold my view. They almost all gladly prefer being in the West. So, if referendum was done, you can be sure Kwara South people will want to be part of SW, where our Yoruba kinsmen are. But me, I'm indifferent. This view remains unchanged.

As for Kwara North (Nupe etc), they have more affinity with the North, and would fit more into the North.

For Kwara Central (Ilorin), that is where teh major confusion is. I don't like to delve much into Ilorin history although some contributors here have touched on it, but from my readings, what is convincing to me is that, Ilorin was a Yoruba city overrun by Fulani, so now ruled by Fulani.

From my interactions with Ilorin, some claim to be Yoruba, some Hausa. My wife is from Ilorin and claims Fulani; I have met many Ilorin people (especially females) that go furious when called Yoruba. I have equally met many people from same Ilorin that claim Yoruba and will smack you if you address them as Fulani. Oyb of NL here is one of them. So their identity is just confusing.

Ni kukuru sha, you guys are twisted fuqs!

Fulani has not only messed with your DNA, but gone far to mess with your brains!

Any reason why we're still deliberating over this matter?

The people we are fighting for saybdem go die with Aboki o.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by jahrule: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
If Ibadan is the administrative head of Yoruba, Ekiti / Ondo as Academic/ research Headquarters, Ife Osun is spiritual home and Lagos been Economic Headquarters. I think Kwara can be the Military Headquaters since they are more like that or what do you think about this.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Jarus(m): 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
Desola:

You are a Hausa man with Yoruba origin.

Nothing wrong with that. Wish you all the best being Arewa.
omo Yoruba ni mi joor. Emi Iyeru okin omo olofa mojo, omo abisujooko, omo laare buure grin
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Desola(f): 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
hercules07:

Lie!

As an Eko chick, I will go with Egun before going with Aboki kwarans. Although I do not share a language with Eguns, I am accustomed to their way of life. Kwarans should better go with those they share customs and practises not forgetting religion.

Ni kukuru, let Aboki take the assimilated Yorubas.

Kachifo!
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Desola(f): 6:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jarus:
omo Yoruba ni mo joor. Emi Iyeru okin omo olofa mojo, omo abisujooko, omo laare buure grin

Olofa mojo ko, olojojo ni.

Aboki feeling funky.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Jarus(m): 6:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
Desola:

Lie!

As an Eko chick, I will go with Egun before going with Aboki kwarans. Although I do not share a language with Eguns, I am accustomed to their way of life. Kwarans should better go with those they share customs and practises not forgetting religion.

Ni kukuru, let Aboki take the assimilated Yorubas.

Kachifo!

Desola:

Olofa mojo ko, olojojo ni.

Aboki feeling funky.

chei, yarinya dan iska grin
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Desola(f): 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
jahrule: If Ibadan is the administrative head of Yoruba, Ekiti / Ondo as Academic/ research Headquarters, Ife Osun is spiritual home and Lagos been Economic Headquarters. I think Kwara can be the Military Headquaters since they are more like that or what do you think about this.

And when Aboki says rankadede to them, they turn back and stab their Yoruba brother. Otio o.

Say rankadede or Salam alaikum to kwarans and they forget Yoruba sharp sharp.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Desola(f): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jarus:

chei, yarinya dan iska grin

Enemy within
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by jahrule: 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
I want to believe you have not been to Kwara state before, try and do i guess your opinion would change. cheers

Desola:
And when Aboki says rankadede to them, they turn back and stab their Yoruba brother. Otio o.

Say rankadede or Salam alaikum to kwarans and they forget Yoruba sharp sharp.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by funshint(m): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Generally 4rm my observation; ilorin pple are a confused bunch because:
1. Most of them claim to be northerners mainly 4 political reasons
2. They exhibit LSE(LowSelfEsteem) because they've been so subjugated by d Hausa/Fulani oligarchs to d extent that they feel that their yoruba identity is inferior to that of Northerners or why do most of them hv to dress and behave like Hausas? Thesame thing in Kogi state except u're told d dep.gov(Sunday Awoniyi) is yoruba, u wouldn't know 'cos he's alwys dressing like a northerner.
3. To those claiming that Kwara state is part of North u most really be deluded. Go and chk d map, u'll simply agree wit me. The rivers niger and benue clearly outlines d division no contest.
4. How can Benue pple also claim 2 be part of North as being championed by David Mark? Someone or some pple must definitely be high I swear!
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Desola(f): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
[quote author=jahrule][/quote]

No thanks.

I don't want boko to haram mi.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Desola(f): 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
funshint: Generally 4rm my observation; ilorin pple are a confused bunch because:
1. Most of them claim to be northerns mainly 4 political reasons
2. They exhibit LSE(LowSelfEsteem) because they've been so subjugated by d Hausa/Fulani oligarchs to d extent that they feel that their yoruba identity is inferior to that of Northerners or why do most of them hv to dress and behave like Hausas? Thesame thing in Kogi state except u're told d dep.gov(Sunday Awoniyi) is yoruba, u wouldn't know 'cos he's alwys dressing like a northerner.
3. To those claiming that Kwara state is part of North u most really be deluded. Go and chk d map, u'll simply agree wit me. The rivers niger and benue clearly outlines d division no contest.
4. How can Benue pple also claim 2 be part of North as being championed by David Mark? Someone or some pple must definitely be high I swear!

Thank you ojare, Eyan iyi!
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by juman(m): 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jarus:
Northerner is not necessarily Hausa/Fulani, I'm sure you know.

Being hausa/fulani is not the major issue.

The problem is that there is class system in the north.

The core northern is the main northerner, the minority among them is another class. Talkless of we kwarans that are in far away state in the north. Probably we are fourth or fifth class.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Desola(f): 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
So glad Jarus is here.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by olavictors(m): 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Can't believe I'm crying after reading your write-up and some comments. One day, just one day brother, kwara's case will be settled. Those saying ilorin is not yoruba land will will understand.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Dewze(m): 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
fluteman: Please don't allow the trolls derail this fine thread, lets just ignore them.

I stayed in Ilorin for a year or so and I can confirm that the Ilorin emirates is more Fulani than Yoruba.
The fact that they answer Yoruba names seems to me like a survival strategy and it has been deceptively successful.

The strongest tool the emirates are using to stay is Islam as it somewhat creates a kind if unified front for the Yoruba and Fulani, with the claim and practice of the Emirates following Islamic traditions. The majority muslim Yoruba will want to follow Islamic tennets by leaning towards the emirates ( which is actually a form of Fulani rulership tool) rather than a native Obaship that denote paganism.

Islam, to me, is the main factor

OP, i think u shld pay attention to what this guy has just said.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by SUBMARINE: 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nigeria dont need 5 regions but 400 states for each ethnic group. These states should be empowered to manage their economic financial political social etc affairs which will reduce ethnic hate and increase ethnic progress.
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by Danhumprey: 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
Are you kidding me The OP has disappear into thin air and now appear as a ghost. Has there been threat to his life?
Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
We were having a debate until some attention seeking ...let us be polite and say person came here with their insecurities.
Can we stick to the issues

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Lands At Port-Harcourt Airport Ahead Of Rerun Election. Photos / 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.