Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:33 PM

Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? (8469 Views)

The 95 Ways To Make A Girl Love You Forever / 16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / Ways To Make A Girl Love You Forever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by HRhotness(f): 12:10am On Jul 07, 2008
Queenisha:

You got it right.
He should keep his love on the down low and better his financial situation first

i disagree oh, he shd love the people who dont mind his a broke-ass  grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by TheSly: 12:10am On Jul 07, 2008
Hannibal:

A man should cut his cloth according to his size.
Let a poor man be comfy with a poor babe. . . .when he rises above the poverty bracket, he can choose a rich babe.
No contradictions Hombre!!
Tell him the cold truth. . . . . . .Poor babe aint gon marry no poor man.
Thats life. . . .Unless of course. . . . . .He believes in Lucks cool
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 07, 2008
Simple question to Mekaboy - if you had a sister and she was being wooed by Richard Branson's 25 yr old son, would you be asking her to stay on the side of "true love" with a carpenter?

Planks, nails and hammers will not buy pampers. Those things are very expensive and no woman in her right mind wants to raise babies with nappies she has to wash 2ce a day for 2 yrs non-stop.

Ever thought of how much baby food now costs? My aunt made a budget when she was having her first baby, it was well over half a million just for basics . . . na carpentry go pay for all that plus delivery bills? Haba . . . my female cousins must "love" a well made man o. No carpenters allowed here.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by eldee(m): 12:12am On Jul 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

the "genuine" love u talk about is pure fantasy
if wealth is the basis of any relationship, it obviously will not last long if summin happens

i choose to base my love on sumthin else or a combination of many things. . .  It all comes down to personal choice and decisons
Then tell that to the poster, and to the Bible too

BTW what's the difference between love for money and love for sumone if both of 'em bail out when the going is tough?
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 12:12am On Jul 07, 2008
The Sly:

No contradictions Hombre!!
Tell him the cold truth. . . . . . .Poor babe aint gon marry no poor man.
Thats life. . . .Unless of course. . . . . .He believes in Lucks cool

Make that MIRACLES cos most times people make their own lucks. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by doyin13(m): 12:13am On Jul 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

the "genuine" love u talk about is pure fantasy

if wealth is the basis of any relationship, it obviously will not last long if summin happens

i choose to base my love on sumthin else or a combination of many things. . .  It all comes down to personal choice and decisons

This is a whole lot different from your deterministic statements from earlier. . . . .

Now you are giving personal choice an airing. . . .
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 07, 2008
doyin13:

There are times I have been down in the dumps, and lady plenty yanfu yanfu rich
and poor wey dey hang around.

Na the poor ones dey love pass sef. . . . . . .

That is not the same issue. Its one thing to be temporarily "down in the dumps" and to be poor with bleak future prospects.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by mekaboy(m): 12:13am On Jul 07, 2008
Hmmm,

Now the rich guy can decide to take other girls in, after all he has bought this one with his wealth, he can even slap her because he believes he is her saviour, meanwhile the carpenter, will fight for her. I think love took the last available flight out of naija.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 12:16am On Jul 07, 2008
doyin13:

There are times I have been down in the dumps, and lady plenty yanfu yanfu rich
and poor wey dey hang around.

Na the poor ones dey love pass sef. . . . . . .

Doyin, don't make me shoot your big ears!!!!

Everyone gets broke from time to time but then the potentials are always there for these gurls to see.
Being down in the dumps 12 times a year does not equate u to a tramp. . . . .
We are talking about permanent poverty here not the one u are describing. . . . OLODO!!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 07, 2008
mekaboy:

Hmmm,

Now the rich guy can decide to take other girls in, after all he has bought this one with his wealth, he can even slap her because he believes he is her saviour, meanwhile the carpenter, will fight for her. I think love took the last available flight out of naija.

This is a blatant lie!!! Who says poor guys don't do the above? Being poor is not synonymous to humility as you're trying to prove here.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 12:18am On Jul 07, 2008
mekaboy:

Hmmm,

This trend is everywhere.
There are gold-diggers everywhere u turn in the world.
Don't despair, tell the carpenter to try his luck on National Lottery. . . . .
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by eldee(m): 12:18am On Jul 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Make that MIRACLES because most times people make their own lucks. tongue tongue tongue
Have you ever heard of one small thing like that . . . they call it EUROMILLIONS grin grin
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by mekaboy(m): 12:19am On Jul 07, 2008
Na wa ooo, if my sister chooses to stay in love with the carpenter, fine. Most rich men today , were once worse than the carpenter, a woman that maries a man when he is poor if he gets rich he will still respect her.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by doyin13(m): 12:19am On Jul 07, 2008
davidylan:

That is not the same issue. Its one thing to be temporarily "down in the dumps" and to be poor with bleak future prospects.

Exactly. . . .all a guy needs to do is convince a lady with his sweet mouth.

Some will not fall for it, some will.

It all boils down to the wooing skills of the male in my opinion.

I remember some of my uncles, bloody good for nothing rascals they were. They had an harem based on this fable they would
be heading for Yankee at any moment.

That tori hold for a whole five years.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by HRhotness(f): 12:20am On Jul 07, 2008
eldee:

Then tell that to the poster, and to the Bible too

BTW what's the difference between love for money and love for sumone if both of 'em bail out when the going is tough?

For some weird reason, people seem to think Love is purely an emotion from the heart without any involvement from the head, that it can withstand all challenges and problems and will last forever. . .  RUBBISH!

Love is a response to our subconsious desires, it doesnt last forever without hard work and cannot survive all things. . .  people change and so our love for them can change or fade. . .

All that crap about genuine love despite hardships is all sentiment.  Genuine love should be about the person and not the situation, unfortunately difficult situations affect our personalities and put a strain on relationships. . .  love may or may not survive this and sometimes it has absolutely nothin to do with money
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by TheSly: 12:21am On Jul 07, 2008
Hannibal:

This trend is everywhere.
There are gold-diggers everywhere u turn in the world.
Don't despair, tell the carpenter to try his luck on National Lottery. . . . .
Or Better yet. . . . .He should use his J-Thomas to do money rituals. . . . . cheesy
Trust me. . . He would be riding on 26s in no time ! cheesy tongue tongue
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 07, 2008
mekaboy:

Na wa ooo, if my sister chooses to stay in love with the carpenter, fine. Most rich men today , were once worse than the carpenter, a woman that maries a man when he is poor if he gets rich he will still respect her.

You're having a laugh.  grin In Nigeria the woman will be lucky to still be able to keep the guy especially if they are still young with no kids. It is times like this that i pity women. After all that toiling another undeserving "fresh blood" will come and reap where she didnt sow.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by ASL33: 12:22am On Jul 07, 2008
davidylan:

Simple question to Mekaboy - if you had a sister and she was being wooed by Richard Branson's 25 yr old son, would you be asking her to stay on the side of "true love" with a carpenter?

Planks, nails and hammers will not buy pampers. Those things are very expensive and no woman in her right mind wants to raise babies with nappies she has to wash 2ce a day for 2 years non-stop.

Ever thought of how much baby food now costs? My aunt made a budget when she was having her first baby, it was well over half a million just for basics . . . na carpentry go pay for all that plus delivery bills? Haba . . . my female cousins must "love" a well made man o. No carpenters allowed here.
What a foolish post, does it mean that carpenters aint gonna marry? real love don't care if u are rich or poor. Unless you are telling me that real love don't exist any more.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Yahoo boys help their family. . . . .

Matter of fact, i read an article on Nigerian Guardian where some men appealed to the government to let Yahoo boys be!!
[b]Their argument was. . . Yahoo kind of reduced the wave of armed robbery attacks immensely. . . . . tongue cheesy tongue[/b]Online fraud is kind of acceptable to them than gun toting robbers who rape and kill.

Hide your head in shame for saying this on a public forum, please!!! cheesy

Where's the STORY before i lose me cool?? angry angry angry

Lose it.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by doyin13(m): 12:23am On Jul 07, 2008
The problem with the poster's friend is he actually called himself a 'Carpenter'

Tufiakwa

He should use what little money he has, print some cards with the title 'Furniture Adjustment Engineer'
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by HRhotness(f): 12:24am On Jul 07, 2008
doyin13:

The problem with the poster's friend is he actually called himself a 'Carpenter'

Tufiakwa

He should use what little money he has, print some cards with the title 'Furniture Adjustment Engineer'

LOL. . . . . grin grin grin
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

For some weird reason, people seem to think Love is purely an emotion from the heart without any involvement from the head, that it can withstand all challenges and problems and will last forever. . . RUBBISH!

Love is a response to our subconsious desires, it doesnt last forever without hard work and cannot survive all things. . . people change and so our love for them can change or fade. . .

All that crap about genuine love despite hardships is all sentiment. Genuine love should be about the person and not the situation, unfortunately difficult situations affect our personalities and put a strain on relationships. . . love may or may not survive this and sometimes it has absolutely nothin to do with money

True words!!!
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 12:25am On Jul 07, 2008
doyin13:

Exactly. . . .all a guy needs to do is convince a lady with his sweet mouth.

Some will not fall for it, some will.

It all boils down to the wooing skills of the male in my opinion.

I remember some of my uncles, bloody good for nothing rascals they were. They had an harem based on this fable they would
be heading for Yankee at any moment.

That tori hold for a whole five years.

FAUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babes of nowadays are sharper than what your uncles had in the past.
The world has shrunk to a greater magnitude and lying to a Naija babe about Yankee won't wash if u don't have anything to show for it.
For today's lassess, it's $$$ $$$ $$$.

stillwater:

Hide your head in shame for saying this on a public forum, please!!! cheesy

I was only quoting what these peops said. . . . It ain't me opinion.

Lose it.

Don't make me kick your butt!!!!!
Honour thy pact and the deal is STILL 2 for 1 cool cool

@ HR Hotness,

It appears u dunno the kinda poverty we are talking about.
Don't equate the chinese foods and KFC chicken u eat in the UK with abject poverty in Nigeria.
We are talking about babes who dont even know where their next meal would drop from. . . . .
Have u cared to bovver why there are so many whores on the streets of Lagos?? U think all of em are comfy doing it??
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by onyinye2(f): 12:26am On Jul 07, 2008
@topic

first i must say this guy sounds relatively desperate to me. how can you just start giving money to girl that you dont even know her last name? i cant blame the girl, she took the advantage of the situation that was obviously ridiculous. to answer you question if a poor girl love sincerely, of course they can. just because she is poor doesn't mean she cant love. im not going to say there arent some girls who are opportunist because there are. but you cant make that assumption to all girls who are financially poor. you are have to judge the person as an individual rather than in a group.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by eldee(m): 12:26am On Jul 07, 2008
ASL33:

What a foolish post, does it mean that carpenters aint going to marry? real love don't care if u are rich or poor. Unless you are telling me that real love don't exist any more.
Nah . . . it means carpenters will only marry women that are not as high in the wealth ladder than they are
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by mekaboy(m): 12:28am On Jul 07, 2008
Like i said earlier at the begining of this topic, if a rich girl tells u she loves u then its 99.9% true but if a poor girl says she loves u its 0.00001% true, now this girl was so happy with the carpenter and told him she loved him, everything changed, just because she met a rich guy and had a taste of the other side of life.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 07, 2008
ASL33:

What a foolish post, does it mean that carpenters aint going to marry? real love don't care if u are rich or poor. Unless you are telling me that real love don't exist any more.

Wake up to reality. Carpenters surely will marry . . . but as long as they dont look like they can better their lot in the near future it would be better they choose from those around their social status.

Lets not lie, everyone is inherently "racist". Very few are willing to marry outside their social circle.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Queenisha: 12:28am On Jul 07, 2008
eldee:

Nah . . . it means carpenters will only marry women that are not as high in the wealth ladder than they are

Gbam!!
If you're a carpenter, look for a seamtress
If you're a seamstress,look higher than a carpenter
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by TheSly: 12:29am On Jul 07, 2008
mekaboy:

Yeah true that. . . . . .Ayegbeni was once a baba ijebu addict. cheesy
He played baba ijebu more that anybody else . . . . . . . but now he controls loada properties!!!! tongue tongue
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by onyinye2(f): 12:31am On Jul 07, 2008
mekaboy:

Like i said earlier at the begining of this topic, if a rich girl tells u she loves u then its 99.9% true but if a poor girl says she loves u its 0.00001% true, now this girl was so happy with the carpenter and told him she loved him, everything changed, just because she met a rich guy and had a taste of the other side of life.

are you serious?? i mean come on now. i know alot of rich girls who be telling they boyfriends they love them but of course it is all lies. just because a girl is rich doesn't mean she still doesnt see things as an opportunity.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Queenisha: 12:32am On Jul 07, 2008
mekaboy:

meka abeg don't blame the girl jo.
who wants to suffer ?
she must have fancied the carpenter genuinely until she loved him no more.
She has a right to change lovers
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 12:33am On Jul 07, 2008
onyinye2:

are you serious?? i mean come on now. i know alot of rich girls who be telling they boyfriends they love them but of course it is all lies. just because a girl is rich doesn't mean she still doesnt see things as an opportunity.

Brilliant!!!!

Even a rich gurl wants a richer boy!
Who wants to stay around stark poverty??
Poverty is a curse, innit??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Many Girls Can Do This For Their Boyfriend ? / Movies To Look Out For Dis Year / Why Are Black American Women Difficult?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.