Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? (8443 Views)

The 95 Ways To Make A Girl Love You Forever / 16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / Ways To Make A Girl Love You Forever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by mekaboy(m): 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2008
CAN A POOR GIRL LOVE GENUINELY?

Based on the hardship and economic sitaution in the country its hard to find a good girl who can love you for you without money.

In the past, the parents use to say, if you are looking for a good girl, dont go to the house of the rich, because their daughters are spoilt and wont respect you, but i have noticed that if a girl from a wealthy home tells a guy that she loves him, its 99.9% true, but if a girl from a poor home tells you she loves you, its 0.0000001% true.

I,ll tell u a story and after which i,ll tell u my latest exprerience.

the story starts like this. A young man, who does not look nice and does not dress well, is driving down the streets and he sets his eyes on this girl that is prety , the girl is not so well dressed and this guy is an importer and making it big time in business. He stops the girl and calls her to the car, she comes, and the guys says, baby, how are u, and she says i am fine, then starts, asking stuff like , do u stay around here, i will like to get to know you more, she is just there enjoying the Air condition from the car and noding her head like a goat. Now the guy says , i am going somewhere now, can i call u later or u call me? she says i dont have a fone, he says, ohh sorry, u know what? take this 1000naira, and he wirtes the number on it, call me by 5 this evening and let us see.

By 4pm the girl is already around the public phone, waiting for 5 to reach so she can call, she finally calls this guy and directs him to where she is calling from, the guy comes and picks her, and buys her a brand new fone with credit on it, she is very happy, meanwhile she has a boyfriend that is a carpenter in the area, he manages to put credit on his phone, THANK GOD FOR 100NAIRA MTN CARD. now this big guy takes the girl shopping, and buys her cloths to look good, the girls parents cant wait to meet this guy. He finaly comes to their house, and the enviroment is so poor, they use a public pit toilet, they are 5 in a family , she has just goten admision in the university, the boys are labourers and the other girls are in elementary.

This guy pays for a house for them and moves them out of there, gives the brothers capital to start business, and pays the fees of the others, he becomes the MESSIAH OF THE FAMILY. NOW When this guy calls this girl on that fone he bought for her and he says i love you, What do u think will be the girls response ?

Now what happens to her carpenter boyfriend ? most parents tell their children, when i married your dad he had nothing, (gone are those days). you see that the love of the wealthy is more genuine than that of the poor.

Poverty has made love to loose its meaning.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by noetic(m): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2008
is this ur personal exp?
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by tope2000(f): 9:36pm On Jul 06, 2008
Mehn you have so many story to tell, we dont know ones are true and friction sef
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by mekaboy(m): 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2008
NO,

THE CARPENTER IS MY FRIEND IN THIS STORY, LOL. HE TOLD ME HOW HE LOST HIS GIRL TO THE RICH,
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by eldee(m): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2008
Can a poor girl love genuinely? Yeah

Will a poor girl (that needs school fees and other things) love a poor man? HELL NO!!
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by TheSly: 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2008
eldee:

Can a poor girl love genuinely? Yeah

Will a poor girl (that needs school fees and other things) love a poor man? HELL NO!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin '' grin '' grin grin grin grin grin grin

Poor girl will never love a poor cat. . . . . .
Sorry guys. . . .You stand the chance of losing your girl if you don't have enough papers! cool
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2008
Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ?

Of course, NO!!!!!!
A poor chic with massive responsibilities on her shoulder can never ever love genuinely.
This is why there are so many Unilag chics doing academicised prostitution. grin cheesy

@ Eldee,

Beware of poor women, they would milk u dry.

The Sly:

grin grin grin grin grin grin '' grin '' grin grin grin grin grin grin

Poor girl will never love a poor cat. . . . . .
Sorry guys. . . .You stand the chance of losing your girl if you don't have enough papers! cool

Touche. . . . .

One thing about women is their selfish pursuit of comfort. . . .
A successful woman would hardly date a man on the lower rung of the ladder unless there's something wrong with her physically.
However, a successful man would date anyone either higher, middle-class or lower.
Afterall, the young Prince dated Cinderella. . . . tongue grin
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2008
Poor Girl? Of course she can smiley
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by mekaboy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2008
Any love that is based on materialism is not true love, most of your mothers married your fathers when they had no dime yet there were still rich men toasting them then. True or False ?
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by HRhotness(f): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2008
Love is over-rated!

If she find someone who cares for her and treat her well, plus all the material benefits

she can grow to love him and actually mean it.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2008
mekaboy:

Any love that is based on materialism is not true love, most of your mothers married your fathers when they had no dime yet there were still rich men toasting them then. True or False ?

False!!!!
Most women married the best they could find in em days.
Wealth is a relative word. . . . . .What is super-rich to Mr A maybe poverty stricken for Mr B.
No woman would set out to date a poor boy. . . . . If u believe in that nonsense, u are toast!!!
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by HRhotness(f): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2008
Hannibal:

No woman would set out to date a poor boy. . . . . If u believe in that nonsense, u are toast!!!

Point!
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by mekaboy(m): 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2008
So if she finds someone that will treat her better than the one that treated her nice, she will go for that one and start to grow her love again ?
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by eldee(m): 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2008
It's so hard for her na . . . some of them are brought up with their parents' minds set on marrying them off to the first Ezego that comes around

@Hannibal
I watch naija movies ooh grin
I've seen it all

@HR
Why can't she grow to love the poor guy?
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2008
mekaboy:

So if she finds someone that will treat her better than the one that treated her nice, she will go for that one and start to grow her love again ?

What has a poor man gotta offer??
The word NICE has 99% attachment to MONEY.

@ Eldee,

The most shocking thang about UNILAG chics is the fact that they have normal boy/friends on the campus.
But as soon as the sun sets and those SUVs with dayton spokes start rolling in. . . . .They become hi-klass hookers.
All those lil boys running errands have bug albums of pictures displaying these gurls in different postures(nude n unnude). . .
Is that REAL LOVE to their chewing-gum boy/fs??
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by HRhotness(f): 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2008
eldee:

@HR
Why can't she grow to love the poor guy?

Poverty brings with ot frustrations and resentments. . . its just human nature,

its extremely difficult for love to grow and be nutured in that kind of environment
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by TheSly: 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2008
mekaboy:

Right!! cheesy
And the if she finds another guy that would treat her better than the first two??. . . Wahala wa ooooooooo! cheesy
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Cayon(f): 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2008
@poster:

After reading your first sentence, i was turned off. Wheel and come again
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2008
@ SLY,

Naija chics are about money. . . .
They are very business-minded when it comes to the issue of money.
Their love has a price-tag. . . . If u match it, then its bingo!!!!

@ Cayon,

U are still here??
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by eldee(m): 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2008
HR.hotness:

Poverty brings with ot frustrations and resentments. . . its just human nature,

its extremely difficult for love to grow and be nutured in that kind of environment
Good point, can we then authoritatively say 'Love conquereth all things' is fallacious?

Or agree that the poor girl has no space in her heart for genuine love?

The Sly:

Right!! cheesy
And the if she finds another guy that would treat her better than the first two??. . . Wahala wa ooooooooo! cheesy
Yes ooh . . . the ladder goes up, till she finally meets Bill Gates grin
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by mekaboy(m): 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
this is exactly the reason why, there is increase in crime rate in Nigeria, because guys who are poor now have to steal and cheap to buy love, since the ladies here say that love is now for sale.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Cayon(f): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Cayon,

You are still here??
after you darling
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2008
mekaboy:

this is exactly the reason why, there is increase in crime rate in Nigeria, because guys who are poor now have to steal and cheap to buy love, since the ladies here say that love is now for sale.

Is that why crime rate has really soared?? I don't think so. . . .
Even when there were moral values in Naija, criminals were lying everywhere.
Let everyone find the class that suits him/her.

Rich boy + Rich babe. . . . . Poor boy + Poor babe. grin

@ Eldee,

Cayon was the babe that showed her naked butt on a pic when i was Xerxes.
I had to take the Holy Communion after the ordeal.
Has she repented??
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by HRhotness(f): 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2008
eldee:

Good point, can we then authoritatively say 'Love conquereth all things' is fallacious?

Or agree that the poor girl has no space in her heart for genuine love?
Yes ooh . . . the ladder goes up, till she finally meets Bill Gates grin

I'm inclined to disagree,

there are people who believe in the idea of love and would brave any challenges in its name. . .

the poor girl may have space for genuine love but the pressures of a life full of hardships will take priroity over whatever fanstasies she has.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 06, 2008
mekaboy:

This such a weak line. A man steals for the comfort of himself first which is always empowered by the greed of his own heart.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by mekaboy(m): 11:36pm On Jul 06, 2008
Every Armed robber, has a girlfriend who claims to love him for the comfort he provides. If the poor girls poor boyfriend , decided to go rub the bank and get rich, he could come back and win the girls love back.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Hannibal: 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2008
HR.hotness:

there are people who believe in the idea of love and would brave any challenges in its name. . .

the poor girl may have space for genuine love but the pressures of a life full of hardships will take priroity over whatever fanstasies she has.

At the end of the day, Money ANSWERETH everything!!!!!
Many men get their hearts broken because they are not willing to accept the chic they are after is a tad more sophisticated than 'em.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Cayon(f): 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2008
@hannibal:

Please change your avatar.  you scared the Bleep outta me just now shocked shocked
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by eldee(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2008
Hannibal:
@ Eldee,

The most shocking thang about UNILAG chics is the fact that they have normal boy/friends on the campus.
But as soon as the sun sets and those SUVs with dayton spokes start rolling in. . . . .They become hi-klass hookers.
All those little boys running errands have bug albums of pictures displaying these girls in different postures(nude n unnude). . .
Is that REAL LOVE to their chewing-gum boy/fs??
And you'll see the same old men on TV screaming that the standard of education has fallen
How will it not fall when the girls now spend more time shagging old men than studying

And remember the school boyfriend needs his service too cheesy

HR.hotness:

As Stillwater said 'A woman sells herself for the comfort of herself which always empowered by the greed of her own heart'
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by doyin13(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2008
I thinkl a poor girl will probably not fall in love with a poor guy who is making no effort to
climb out of his poverty. . . .

I am sure there are many poor girls, from my experience as well, who have fallen in love
with lots of guys who are poor but just don't sit down at home.
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by TheSly: 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2008
Hannibal:

@ SLY,

Naija chics are about money. . . .
They are very business-minded when it comes to the issue of money.
Their love has a price-tag. . . . If u match it, then its bingo!!!!

Did you just know that!! cheesy ??
Naija chicks have redefined . . . . .For better for worse
Most of them now says there is nothing like for better for worse no more even if they are married
Its now. . .For better i stay. . . . . . .For worse i go. . . . . . . . . . cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 06, 2008
Of course a poor girl can love. It depends on the condition of the boy . . . your carpenter friend for example doesnt sound like he's in a profession that is likely to ever elevate his status. It would be different if he were poor but struggling to send himself to graduate school. What has a woman (rich or poor) to look forward to in a future that is only filled with uncertainty and struggle?

Every woman looks out for financial and emotional security in a lifelong commitment. Dont blame them if they choose to date richer men . . . its a natural reaction of the survival of the fittest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? / I Broke Up With My Girlfriend. A Nairalander Cries Out / Bootylicious Nigerian Lady Shows Off Her Endowments (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.