Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,569 members, 7,861,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:38 PM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (71358 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2008
Iverson refused to show up for the Pistons practice on thanksgiving morning. The team pulled him from the starting line-up and fined him as well I think. He's apologized . . . but rumors are aplenty that his teammates are not happy with him there so far.

As for the Stephon, while I think he's made his bed and should lie in it, the knick organization are equally air headed. The way they've handled the whole situation has left a lot to be desired. If you ask me, I think they deserve each other kiss
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2008
this is the future people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAA8mLz8aJ0

jump on the bandwagon before its too late o grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2008
bawomolo:

yeah because derrick rose and michael beasley cease to exist. all oj mayo does is hoard shots on an horrible team

dirk is soft and drifts to the perimeter for comfort, a 7 footer that plays like he is a point guard.  he choked in the finals against the heat to.  vince carter had to adjust his game after the injuries. mj did the same thing but no one knocked him for having a jumper.  having a jump shot extends one's career.

this is false, you don't average 27points in a season by just being a dunker, corey maggette and josh smith are dunkers and not VC in his prime

Whats a shooting guard supposed to do? He is shooting lights out from the floor, and his free throws are awesome.
If Derrick Rose played for a shitty team he would be more individual too with his play. I won't lie the kid is nice tho. He is top 5 quickest players in the NBA right now ROSE
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2008
Man, my boy Wade needs a big man.

I can't wait for Zo to get back
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2008
those pistons boiz are always feelin like chairmen, hope they sort it out

i need to watch more of rose before i can join d wagon, only watched little of him and he looks good
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 9:28pm On Dec 01, 2008
JeSoul:

Fellas lets not waste cyberspace talking 'bout half-baked cookies like Carter and McGrady cool their time has come and gone.

Don't look now but the Spurs are 9-7 and can only get better. Iverson's already fueding with the Pistons, mehn I was wishing so much for this dude. And I was just reminded Starbury is making $20 million this yr alone shocked what an injustice.
Abi ooh my sister i no know why some people go see rice dey call am beans

I guess the Spurs rumored demise was ill-timed.As for Starbury earning 20 mil for doing squat there is nothing we can do but ensure our kids make the best career choices and Starbury would make a perfect example for them grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 1:15am On Dec 02, 2008
Oh my god. . . .

see this crossover. . . . . .wit the risk of getting Bawo all cocky

[flash=422,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAA8mLz8aJ0&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:41am On Dec 02, 2008
Chineke meeh!! two more cross-overs like that and that guy would be on a wheel-chair for the rest of his life
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2008
lol . . . now that was an ankle breaker to remember!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2008
Portland has quietly raked up a 12-6 record. Are they for real or this is just a replay of last season?

The knicks have finally banned Starbury from the team permanently. They could not reach an agreement on the buyout price . . . Stephon is not a fool, if it were me I'd want the full $20 mill owed me too  grin Donnie Walsh does not get any sympathy from me.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2008
@Jesoul
I am starting to get really scared of your Celtics i saw your highlights against the Magic and you guys really mean business! i can't wait to see you guys and the Lakers re-unite that would be some basketball game

I even heard the Mavs are interested in Stephon shocked shocked if they sign that dude i would simply switch to the Lakers or the Cavs or some other team? what are they hoping to achieve with this dude?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2008
Abegi. . . .the Celtics no dey repeat.

Mark the words of Doyindamus

Just don't ask me why cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2008
Yeah going by your prediction on the Pats on the last SB you might have a point but seriously these Celts are really playing like defending Champs
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2008
magic tried even though they were shorthanded, these celts need a defeat urgently
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 12:46am On Dec 03, 2008
@all . . . you should be afraid, be very afraid grin cool Doyin no be only the Giants sabi chop winch grin
We need 1 championship per yr in beantown, since the Sox and Pats struck out this yr, the Celtics will make up for it. Let the people say "Amen!" cool

But honestly so far it's Rondo that has really impressed me, his quickness, steals, increase in assists, fearlessness driving inside and his ability to dictate the tempo of the game . . . without him the C's would be a slow team.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 12:52am On Dec 03, 2008
rondo is improvin day by day and i've always rated him high, a team hs to be complete to win d championship so i feel rondo n perkins have always done good jibs
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:20am On Dec 03, 2008
I am going to job on the bandwagon while there are still seats available.
Boston for the 2-peat grin grin grin.

I don't think Kobe will be able to stop them Alone.
But am tippin' for LA to win the WEST
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:24am On Dec 03, 2008
The Celts and the Lakers have just been a class apart the only team i see with a remote chance of stopping the Celts in the East are the Cavs and with that being said they need to finish probably as 2nd seed in the East.Orlando is a good ball team but too light-weight

JosBoy4Lif:

I am going to job on the bandwagon while there are still seats available.
Boston for the 2-peat grin grin grin.

I don't think Kobe will be able to stop them Alone.
But am tippin' for LA to win the WEST

Ohh they have Bynum now i won't jump with the Celtics just yet even though they are looking majestic
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 1:29am On Dec 03, 2008
@josboy
havent u heard d latest, kobe is no more alone, lakers probably hav d deepest roster no
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 1:30am On Dec 03, 2008
JeSoul:

@all . . . you should be afraid, be very afraid  grin cool  Doyin no be only the Giants sabi chop winch  grin
We need 1 championship per yr in beantown, since the Sox and Pats struck out this yr, the Celtics will make up for it. Let the people say "Amen!"  cool

But honestly so far it's Rondo that has really impressed me, his quickness, steals, increase in assists, fearlessness driving inside and his ability to dictate the tempo of the game . . . without him the C's would be a slow team.

You berra pray Boston College have a good basketball team. . . .cos nothing for the Celts. tongue tongue tongue
I am backing Cleveland to come out of the East, cetaris paribus cool cool

In the West. . . . its the Lakers all the way.
In fact, I suspect they will run the Bulls season record close  cool cool cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 1:32am On Dec 03, 2008
A-40, i still rate d fulll magic team high enough to cause an upset
by the way, i tot u would hav slept off after d burnley disaster  grin grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 1:35am On Dec 03, 2008
JosBoy, welcome aboard!  grin  

A-40 A-39, why you dey wish us bad now? grin

Doyin, even if self let the Lakers go 80-2, they will end up like the 06 Mavs crashing down in the finals to the beast of the east cool. Don't put your eggs in Clevelands basket oh, LeBron's heart is already in Madison Sq.  grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:39am On Dec 03, 2008
doyin13:

You berra pray Boston College have a good basketball team. . . .because nothing for the Celts. tongue tongue tongue
I am backing Cleveland to come out of the East, cetaris paribus cool cool

In the West. . . . its the Lakers all the way.
In fact, I suspect they will run the Bulls season record close cool cool cool

Cēterīs paribus/All things being equal lololololol
Just hope that King James does not get injured grin grin grin. Cleveland relies to heavily on one player and that is just dangerous in NBA.

Every good team needs a 1 - 2 duo
Thats why like JeSoul I think the Celtics will 2-peat. They just have way too much experienced depth.
Your talking about a formidable 1-2-3 trio wow!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:42am On Dec 03, 2008
lai-lai:

@josboy
havent u heard d latest, kobe is no more alone, lakers probably hav d deepest roster no
Your right the addition of guys like Gasol and the step up of Ariza and Bynum are great additions. Imagine All-Star
ScrODOM coming of the bench lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
But none of these guys are champs, really they are not champion calabre players.
Can they go up against the likes of Pierce, Allen and Garnett. Powe will body baby Shaq Bynum anyday grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 1:48am On Dec 03, 2008
cleveland has done well this season to spread the points around more but king james is just too dominant for them to share it a bit more, lets see how it goes

hw can u say they are not championship calibre players jst cos they've not won one, with combined team work they can stand up to the big three
and dont underate bynum, he's on his way, d nos hav been improvin
lets not even factor in the mvp, i feel lakers stand a good chance at least they've improved on last year

omo, right now pacers are goinig toe-to-toe with lakers, didnt expect that
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 1:49am On Dec 03, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

Your right the addition of guys like Gasol and the step up of Ariza and Bynum are great additions. Imagine All-Star
ScrODOM coming of the bench lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
But none of these guys are champs, really they are not champion calabre players.
Can they go up against the likes of Pierce, Allen and Garnett. Powe will body baby Shaq Bynum anyday grin grin
 . . . this is my kind of bobo right here  grin cheesy abeg speak that gospel truth. Perkins alone will eat Gasol for breakfast  grin cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:53am On Dec 03, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

ScrODOM coming of the bench  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Can they go up against the likes of Pierce, Allen and Garnett. Powe will body baby Shaq Bynum anyday  grin grin
This time last year nobody in the Celtics roster where champs save for James Posey i think Bynum would have made a big difference in that Finals the Lakers had no one in the paint

lai-lai:

A-40, i still rate d fulll magic team high enough to cause an upset
by the way, i tot u would hav slept off after d burnley disaster  grin grin grin
Naah homie the Magic are too light-weight they would run for cover if they saw Detroit the Cavs would have beaten the Celtics last year if they had home-court advantage
Your losses would come thick and fast just relax

JeSoul:

JosBoy, welcome aboard!  grin  

A-40 A-39, why you dey wish us bad now? grin
Sweetie why would i do that? i said remote chance naah i didn't say outright chance
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 1:57am On Dec 03, 2008
A-40:

This time last year nobody in the Celtics roster where champs save for James Posey i think Bynum would have made a big difference in that Finals the Lakers had no one in the paint
Naah homie the Magic are too light-weight they would run for cover if they saw Detroit the Cavs would have beaten the Celtics last year if they had home-court advantage
Your losses would come thick and fast just relax
Sweetie why would i do that? i said remote chance naah i didn't say outright chance

thats some real bad, scary wishes, take it easy . . , lol

my predictn - magic wil spring a surprise
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 3:38am On Dec 03, 2008
s**t, kobe lost d game, choked in lakers last possesion
i;m not sure it was a good game from pacers or bad one from lakers, it looked like a bad one from lakers blowin away their 15 point lead
jackson should be playin bynum more

tj ford had a lovely game
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:41am On Dec 03, 2008
lai-lai:

s**t, kobe lost d game, choked in lakers last possesion
i;m not sure it was a good game from pacers or bad one from lakers, it looked like a bad one from lakers blowin away their 15 point lead
jackson should be playin bynum more

tj ford had a lovely game
Dang!! you beat me to it they ran you close though and just when i thought you guys had gotten enough breathing space your boys blew it.it seems the Pacers know how to beat the Elite they have beaten the Celts and now the Lakers

And those yeye Mavs are getting their asses whooped by the flippin Clippers angry angry
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 3:46am On Dec 03, 2008
so they've beaten celts, thats d arsenal of d nba then
lakers need to learn from this, i don't think celtics would ever blow a lead like that

mavs should be able to win that match, down by 8. . . i'm sure they hav d mental strength to regather theirselves, they cant really have overchanged from d mavs i know . . . .i tink
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:57am On Dec 03, 2008
Wetin be your own with Arsenal na first you dey beef our stadium now you are comparing them to the Pacers its one of those games jare y'all lost by just a point and you guys still lead the West

As for the pitiful Mavs they have no business being down to a shyte team like the Clippers in the American Airlines Center these Mavs have fallen from grace jare we are just managing

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (101) (Reply)

Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) / Picture Of Vincent Enyeama And Wife / Nigerians React To Super Eagles 2 - 0 Loss To Croatia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.