Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (71179 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2008
some really interesting results

6 straight losses for clippers, wdf?

wasnt expectin that loss for hornets considering its d bobcats, hawhawks are really provin their worth cos raptors was a real test

pistons lost to nets, they need to make use of that cap space as soon as possible.

spurs, spurs, lets wait n see fo ginobli b4 i totally predict doom cos competitn's jst to toug hthis season, suns still showni the inconsistency thgh i'm surprised abt derrick rose, bulls stil not goin far thgh in my opinion

jazz were good enof,
wish i culda watchd d denver-mavs match, lookd lkike it was fun, bt it was close, both teams are nearing d same capacity
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by SeanT21(f): 5:31am On Nov 09, 2008
Bobcast have gots to be one of the worst Basketball Team in History.I can not believe they represent my state. They should cease to exist.I pity them!!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2008
Last Night's Scores

NETS 80 - 98 PACERS

WIZARDS 81 - 106 MAGIC (Chei who would save these Wizards oooh the earlier Arenas comes back the better because they look so clueless right now)

HEAT 89 - 100 HORNETS

CAVALIERS 106 - 97 BULLS (Lebron and Co. are on a roll its looking like they have solved their problems on offense)

SUNS 104 - 96 BUCKS

TIMBERWOLVES 93 - 97 BLAZERS
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by SeanT21(f): 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2008
Lebron is doing his thang!!!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:11am On Nov 11, 2008
Sunday's Scores

RAPTORS 89 - 79 BOBCATS

JAZZ 99 - 107 KNICKS (Wow the D'Antoni experiment seems to be working the Knicks are actually playing basketball)

MAVERICKS 92 - 103 CLIPPERS (Mr Cuban what is the matter ooh?Avery Johnson would not lose to the Clippers!! how would these chumps survive the Lakers tomorrow undecided)

CELTICS 88 - 76 PISTONS (A.I sucked for the Pistons)

HAWKS 89 - 95 THUNDER

GRIZZLIES 90 - 100 NUGGETS

WARRIORS 98 - 115 KINGS

ROCKETS 82 - 111 LAKERS
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:37am On Nov 11, 2008
hehe the rockets dialed 1-800-ASS-WHOOPING
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2008
mavs are in an appalling state, bt lakers still need to b careful if thy wanna repeat the best start record

the knicks are really surprisin mehn
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2008
I'm more suprised by the 5-0 Hawks . . . they play the Celtics tomorrow. Should be a very interesting game, they almost upset the Cs last playoffs.
One of the downsides to being the reigning champs is that every team wants to beat you so they bring their A-game when they play the Celtics angry and then they go right back to sucking afterwards . . . this will be an even tougher season for the men in green.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:24am On Nov 12, 2008
JeSoul:

I'm more suprised by the 5-0 Hawks . . . they play the Celtics tomorrow. Should be a very interesting game, they almost upset the Cs last playoffs.
One of the downsides to being the reigning champs is that every team wants to beat you so they bring their A-game when they play the Celtics angry and then they go right back to sucking afterwards . . . this will be an even tougher season for the men in green.
Your C's are really looking good they are playing like Champs alright

lai-lai:

mavs are in an appalling state, bt lakers still need to b careful if thy want to repeat the best start record

the knicks are really surprisin mehn
Chei don't even talk about those Mavs i don't know how they are going to survive the Lakers in their next game if they could not beat the Clippers i just wonder if Mr Cuban knows what he is doing Avery Johnson did not do this bad undecided
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:40am On Nov 12, 2008
Is it too early to start a Rick Carlisle must go campaign because the Mavs have lost all 3 of their home games this is worrying they have lost 3 straight and have only beaten teams like the Spurs and T'Wolves who have worse records than they do
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2008
Scoreboard

76ERS 106 - 96 RAPTORS

HAWKS 102 - 103 CELTICS (Chei this game went down to the wire ooh only a buzzer beater by the Celts gave them this one)

PACERS 98 - 87 NETS

BLAZERS 104 - 96 HEAT (Oden is back from injury)

KNICKS 32 - 103 GRIZZLIES (I think we are eating our words on this team ooh!! 132 pts in one night shocked shocked)

SPURS 78 - 82 BUCKS

LAKERS 93 - 86 HORNETS (Nna who go stop these Lakers?)

MAGIC 109 - 92 THUNDER

JAZZ 87 - 95 WIZARDS (Finally the Wiz cop a win)

KINGS 103 - 98 CLIPPERS

ROCKETS 94 - 82 SUNS
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2008
Good to see Oden back and surviving a game without an injury grin

Those Hawks are looking good. However no team can consistently hit 3pters at 60% against quality teams to win. They remind me of the hot n smoking Trailblazers who started incredible last yr . . . we all know how they finished the race.

Celtics need to to tie up their boot straps and play better. Tough task to do so every night but hey that's why they're getting paid millions of dollars.

Lakers are looking unstoppable thus far cool emphasis on looking. I already spoke to the jazzman and he said not to worry cool the universe will soon right itself . . . . lol
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2008
By the way, it looks like the Ron Artest cancer has spread thruout the Houston team . . . cheesy http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281112021

note to Houston: being "tough" doesn't mean you act like thugs, it means you win big games against big teams tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 5:13pm On Nov 13, 2008
wat can i say about the lakers again, lol, cant say anything more apart from when are we meeting celtics, lol, these other people are no competition, abeg, na just joke o

@jesoul, what do u mean by universe will right itself, lol,
@A-40, almost time for drastic action for mavs, just a little bit more, basketball season's very long
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2008
Lai,

lai-lai:

@jesoul, what do u mean by universe will right itself, lol,
   ah ah you don't know?  grin 
The universe being right = Celtics winning & lakers losing  cool, Patriots winning, RedSox winning, Bruins winning, low gas & snapple prices, Simpsons episodes on marathon all day, everyone believed in Jesus, modern hiphop abolished, Bono was made president, Bin laden behind bars or better yet punished by death penalty, Mulder & Scully proven right that aliens do exist, internet scammers had their fingers and knee caps broken etc . . . .   cool you know, these types of things make for a perfect world  kiss  cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:52am On Nov 14, 2008
JeSoul:

Lai,
        ah ah you don't know?  grin 
The universe being right = Celtics winning & lakers losing  cool, Patriots winning, RedSox winning, Bruins winning, low gas & snapple prices, Simpsons episodes on marathon all day, everyone believed in Jesus, modern hiphop abolished, Bono was made president, Bin laden behind bars or better yet punished by death penalty, Mulder & Scully proven right that aliens do exist, internet scammers had their fingers and knee caps broken etc . . . .   cool you know, these types of things make for a perfect world  kiss  cool
Are you sure all this can happen in one lifetime?

The Mavs need help if they lose to the Bulls then they would be down to 2-6 and thats probably our worst start in recent times i knew we might struggle but i didn't expect this undecided
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 2:30am On Nov 14, 2008
easy win, bulls stampede the soft mavericks, watch derrick rose drop 20pts and 6ast.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2008
I am suprised at the 4-3 Hornets - I picked them to win the most games out west. They're not looking nearly as sharp as they did last yr. Well lets see how the season progresses.

Also suprised at the[b] 3-5 76ers [/b] . . . I thot the addition of Brand woulda had an immediate & undeniable impact

And looks like the Clippers move for Baron Davis is a bust. 1-7 and Dunleavy feuding with Davis does not bode well for them at all.

A-40, geez your Mavs are in big trouble. I think big changes need to be made by trading deadline if Cuban wants to make the playoffs & go deep.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2008
ha ha. a-40 i warned you about derrick rose

16pts 9 reb 6 assits.  this guy is playing like jason kidd(not the wowo version) as a rookie  shocked.   we could sneak into the playoffs with an 8th seed. i'm loving this rebuilding effort.  all that's left is for tyrus thomas to be sent to the NBDL and it's all good  grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:03am On Nov 15, 2008
I tire for the matter ooh undecided 4 losses and running how they would beat Orlando next is what i don't know did i hear anyone say Avery Johnson? i don't want us to end up like last season's Miami Heat abeg i don't know what duds like Devean George,Erick Dampier and a few others i wouldn't name names but one starts with a J and ends with an N his last name also starts with a K are still doing with the Mavs i just tire last season we couldn't beat the top teams now we can't even beat the bottom teams either
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:08am On Nov 15, 2008
Make that 5 losses and running as the MaverWimps lose again after leading for most of the game  angry angry
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:44am On Nov 15, 2008
don't worry man, you are losers one season too late. the michael beasley/derrick rose sweepstakes is over. blake griffin from oklahoma is a consolation prize grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 6:58am On Nov 15, 2008
the pistons handed it to the lakers tonite. . . . .

defence and offense, they made the lakers look like kak
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 9:37pm On Nov 15, 2008
Scores of the previous night

JAZZ 96 - 104 BOBCATS

76ERS 94 - 92 PACERS

WIZARDS 77 - 97 HEAT

HAWKS 108 - 115 NETS

THUNDER 106 - 116 KNICKS

NUGGETS 94 - 85 CELTICS

BUCKS 101 - 96 GRIZZLIES

BLAZERS 82 - 87 HORNETS

MAGIC 102 - 100 MAVERICKS (I think now is the perfect time to start panicking no serious team loses 5 games straight and 4 straight at home)

ROCKETS 75 - 77 SPURS

SUNS 97 - 95 KINGS

PISTONS 106 - 95 LAKERS (The Pistons ran the game from start to finish)
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2008
derrick rose

23pts 8 ast. can anyone say rookie of the year
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2008
Now that the Lakers have lost, rationality can now return to the building smiley

If we haven't learned anything past few seasons, we've learned that streaks mean little come playoff time. Houston won 22 games in a row last season . . . . that did not help them during their 1st rd exit. Celtics dominated the season but Atlanta almost sent us home. The playoffs are a whole different ballgame - all about match-ups.

In other news the Knicks are 6-4 . . . not bad so far, looks like d'antoni found a way to get the guys to show up.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2008
The lakers are still the team to beat though. . . .

They got outplayed by the Pistons, but I was struck by their swagger even in defeat.
You could almost tell they had a bitter taste in their mouth, like they wished they could
be given an immediate chance at another four quarters to take on Detroit.

Over seven games I don't see anyone beating them, even my beloved Celtics tongue tongue tongue

Kudos to the Spurs for at least keeping it together without Parker and Ginobli.

Thats a lot more than can be said for Dallas. tongue tongue tongue

As per the Knicks, Donnie Walsh must be delighted so far with the way things have gone.
A playoff berth is a bonus for that roster. . . .gives him at least some time to shed
some awful contracts.

Mehn. . . . .Devin Harris don chop one kain winch oo. . . .A40, the bobo jus dey rub am in your face
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2008
The lakers are still the team to beat though
  unfortunately you're right  angry  they are afterall the western defending champs. and by the way, na swagger we go chop?  tongue besides you never hear say swagger pride comes before a fall?  cool

A-40,
I hear say Cuban is in legal trouble for insider trading . . . . geez, nuthin is going well for the Mavs
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:15am On Nov 18, 2008
doyin13:

The lakers are still the team to beat though. . . .

They got outplayed by the Pistons, but I was struck by their swagger even in defeat.
You could almost tell they had a bitter taste in their mouth, like they wished they could
be given an immediate chance at another four quarters to take on Detroit.

Over seven games I don't see anyone beating them, even my beloved Celtics tongue tongue tongue

Kudos to the Spurs for at least keeping it together without Parker and Ginobli.

Thats a lot more than can be said for Dallas. tongue tongue tongue

As per the Knicks, Donnie Walsh must be delighted so far with the way things have gone.
A playoff berth is a bonus for that roster. . . .gives him at least some time to shed
some awful contracts[b].

Mehn. . . . .Devin Harris don chop one kain winch oo. . . .A40, the bobo jus dey rub am in your face[/b]
I tire for the matter ooh Mr Cuban and CO. went into panic mode when everyone in the West was trading last season and the best they could get us was a washed up Jason Kidd who was already on the decline two seasons before he left the Nets

JeSoul:

unfortunately you're right  angry  they are afterall the western defending champs. and by the way, na swagger we go chop?  tongue besides you never hear say swagger pride comes before a fall?  cool

A-40,
I hear say Cuban is in legal trouble for insider trading . . . . geez, nuthin is going well for the Mavs
I wouldn't care less if he was thrown in a federal penitentiary in Arizona

At least we beat the Knicks but i am still not impressed let Carlisle go on a 5 game winning streak if he wants to impress us
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 4:28am On Nov 18, 2008
mike dantoni's style doesn't win championships. good for entertainment but no cigar. same for don nelson at golden state.

i'm secretly rooting for the lakers and especially the black mamba.

anyway kudo's to derrick rose for putting an end to the michael beasley nonsense
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:02am On Nov 20, 2008
bawomolo:

mike dantoni's style doesn't win championships. good for entertainment but no cigar. same for don nelson at golden state.

i'm secretly rooting for the lakers and especially the black mamba.

anyway kudo's to derrick rose for putting an end to the michael beasley nonsense
I just want The Mamba to put Shaq and his other critics to shame by winning another ring with the Lakers

Lebron and co. are sizzling right now 8 straight but i am sure they would be tested at the Pistons today

Even the paiko Mavs are having a mini streak of their own i hope it doesn't end at Houston though
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2008
Last Night's games

WIZARDS 87 - 91 HAWKS (These guys need Agent Zero ASAP because they are playing like zeroes right now)

CAVALIERS 89 - 96 PISTONS (The winning streak is over)

MAVERICKS 96 - 86 ROCKETS (Na waah ooh 3 straight wins on the road and finally we beat a decent team all hope is not lost on Carlisle yet now how about winning some games in yor own building please undecided)

RAPTORS 101 - 95 HEAT

76ERS 96 - 102 TIMBERWOLVES

KINGS 105 - 96 HORNETS

CLIPPERS 108 - 88 THUNDER (These Thunder guys should go back to the D-League)

NUGGETS 91 - 81 SPURS (The Billups trade is not looking like a bad idea after all)

BUCKS 94 - 105 JAZZ

BULLS 74 - 116 BLAZERS (Baba nla blowout!! bawomolo what happened?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (101) (Reply)

Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. / Cristiano Ronaldo Goal Celebration Vs Torino Sparks Brawl (Photos) / Kobe Bryant: The Life Of NBA Icon In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.