Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (71181 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2008
The Houston bandwagon has stalled  cool  their "big small three are all ailing not even 15 games into the season. I say the Rocket fans should lower their expectations so they can be pleasantly suprised if the Rockets have a good playoff showing  cool

and I heard some whining is coming out of detroit 'bout fewer FGA's for Rip & co since AI's entrance. Everyone knows Iverson is a SHOOTER!!! so you knew EXACTLY what you were getting when you traded for him so what's the beef?  undecided  angry

Nuggets are rolling . . . they might actually become relevant now, and imho, Carmello is highly overrated  tongue

and the hell is wrong with the Hornets? they are .500 at 5-5 shocked did they run out of jambalaya?  tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2008
@Jesoul
Lol on the Mavs day they would beat the Rockets now remember they beat us in the season-opener we only returned the favor

The Nuggets have stepped it up a notch now they have a real PG who can run plays and control traffic,Carmelo has to follow the lead if the Nuggets are ever going to stop going out in the 1st round of the playoffs

Detroit should stop whining they need something different and if A.I brings that to the table then they should just go with it unless they want to become the Buffalo Bills of the NBA!! 3 straight Eastern Conference Finals appearances without advancing thats stagnancy at its optimum

As for the Hornets no comments cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2008
back again, gone for a while, wats bn happenin, can see lakers have been handed their first loss and a lot of surprising results

hornets are not at fault, level of the nba is just to tough
good win for lakers and celts yesterday
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2008
Last Night only went to show that nothing really has changed the Lakers are the best in West and the Celtics are still the best in the East
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2008
The Knicks are the first to show their hand in the chase for
either LbJ, Wade or Bosh, by getting rid of Crawford and Randolph.

So bring on another losing season or two in NY.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 11:36pm On Nov 22, 2008
lakers blow nuggets, bench's jst too stong

hw y'all feel abt superman, his numbers are impressive, mavs won again
carlesimo's gone, not surprised, they were fightin for the worst record ever
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 5:14am On Nov 23, 2008
doyin13:

dwayne is signing with his hometown team. the chicago bulls. Word to my genie.  as for Bosh, dude is softer than a twinkie
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2008
Nna i don't know what else to say about these Lakers it might be early days but they look like a team on a mission

Thank God the Mavs have finally started grabbing some wins it was getting frustrating hopefully they can make it 5 straight against the Pacers

As for the Thunder i remember telling sistawoman that these guys are not NBA quality i guess i was right they should go back to the D-League because they are the bonus team right now
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 11:00pm On Nov 24, 2008
another win for lakers even though it was a poor performance, 18 turnovers

good win also for nuggets
surprise of the night was a defeat to pistons, timberwolves wolved their asses
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:20am On Nov 25, 2008
lai-lai:

another win for lakers even though it was a poor performance, 18 turnovers

good win also for nuggets
surprise of the night was a defeat to pistons, timberwolves wolved their asses
At least you won but seriously the Celtics and Lakers are the only guys that matter right now the Nuggets are also improving
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 1:47am On Nov 25, 2008
but i like the look of the cavs too, they are getting their balance right
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 2:22am On Nov 25, 2008
doyin13:

and for the first time, I really believe Lebron is going to bolt straight for MSG, and Wade/Bosh is very likely to follow. As a Bball fan, I would love to see that happen!  Bawo. there's nuthin waiting for Wade in Chi-town  tongue.

What else is there to say? Bos vs LA will be the clash of the year so let Christmas day come quick!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:16am On Nov 25, 2008
JeSoul:

and for the first time, I really believe Lebron is going to bolt straight for MSG, and Wade/Bosh is very likely to follow. As a Bball fan, I would love to see that happen!  Bawo. there's nuthin waiting for Wade in Chi-town  tongue.

What else is there to say? Bos vs LA will be the clash of the year so let Christmas day come quick!

the family members, the groupies, the endorsements, a weed baggage carrier in joakim noah, and passes from derrick rose shh  tongue

lebron would be smart to go with NJ or detroit. vince carter, devin harris and lebron in new jersey would be killer.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2008
bawomolo:

the family members, the groupies, the endorsements, a weed baggage carrier in joakim noah, and passes from derrick rose shh tongue

lebron would be smart to go with NJ or detroit. vince carter, devin harris and lebron in new jersey would be killer.
All of which he can get double in NYC tongue grin

and forget Carter jor, his time has come and gone. NY is the basketball Mecca, add a Bosh or Wade beside him and that's a wrap.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Condom: 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2008
what
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2008
@condom
so who started d supposed argument?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:42am On Nov 26, 2008
@Jesoul
Save for a few showtime dunks Vince Carter has never really been all that same for his cousin T-Mac

@condom
Hmm would Shaq say that about Kobe? i do like Kobe too i just want him to win a ring without Shaq so that his greatness would be sealed and no one would be able to say he couldn't do it without Shaq he came close last season but no cigar
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Save for a few showtime dunks Vince Carter has never really been all that same for his cousin T-Mac
  1000% Agree!

i do like Kobe too i just want him to win a ring without Shaq so that his greatness would be sealed and no one would be able to say he couldn't do it without Shaq he came close last season but no cigar
  Shaq's freestyle: "Yeah you know about me, last week Kobe couldn't do without me" lol . . . Kobe might be hearing this for the rest of his life  grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2008
abt vince carter and t-mac
they are just like henry and totti, all good players cant always win trophies cos there are many excellent players in each generation so some go empty handed and only the best of the best win. . . . i like both t-mac and carter, with better teams they might have won something
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:20am On Nov 27, 2008
lai-lai:

about vince carter and t-mac
they are just like henry and totti, all good players can't always win trophies because there are many excellent players in each generation so some go empty handed and only the best of the best win. . . . i like both t-mac and carter, with better teams they might have won something
Are you sure of what you just typed? Thierry Henry is a World cup and Euro cup winner played in the UCL finals has been voted twice as the runners up to the FIFA player of the year award and also won two EPL's Totti is a world cup winner as well these are not the guys you should be comparing to T-Mac and Vince Carter abeg

Back to basketball the Mavs are winning after all its 5 games straight now and maybe we shouldn't fire Carlisle just yet hmm how that streak would survive at the Lakers on Friday is what i want to see  cool cool

JeSoul:

Shaq's freestyle: "Yeah you know about me, last week Kobe couldn't do without me" lol . . . Kobe might be hearing this for the rest of his life  grin
Lol he is crazy jare could he do it without a backup singer like Kobe at the Lakers or when he was backup for Wade at the Heat? i would call players like Haslem and Alonzo Mourning before i mention him in that Heat lineup of 06
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2008
I think I have held my tongue long enough. . . the Lakers need to lose jare! I am tired already 12-1 because of what? angry angry angry I know it's early but I need to find an underdog team creeping up on the Lakers.

As usual the Western Conference is proving to be of a slightly greater competition even at an earlier stage. What is wrong with those teams in the Eastern Conference sef? Fine! the Celtics won last season but I need to see more competition for the top 8 positions.

I was reallly thinking that Denver would suck without Iverson. . . apparently I was wrong so far. It's almost like he was the dead wood of Denver because they are actually doing well compared to last season in their games.

Posey? I still have my doubts. I don't think he has made a great difference to New Orleans yet but it's still early sha. I don't know how the Hornets are becoming an inconsistent team. It saddens me to think we are this flaky. After the Saints' performance, Hornets better improve their game.

If Hornets lose to Nuggets today, it won't be funny. I need a thanksgiving gift dang it! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 2:09am On Nov 28, 2008
A-40:

Are you sure of what you just typed? Thierry Henry is a World cup and Euro cup winner played in the UCL finals has been voted twice as the runners up to the FIFA player of the year award and also won two EPL's Totti is a world cup winner as well these are not the guys you should be comparing to T-Mac and Vince Carter abeg

comparing d world of nba to the world of football should be on a scale
american basketballers dont have mush prestigious trophies to fight for at national level like d footballers which is why most f them dont overpush theirselves to be in the national team
but carter has won d olympics and TOA in 2000 n 2003 while t-mac at least won d TOA also in 2003 which are supposed to be the equivalent of the world cup n d euro cup
both henry nd totti hav never won the champions league just like carter and t-mac hav never won d nba championship

thats my view
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 2:14am On Nov 28, 2008
@j-girl
what kind of prayer is that, we are not yet in d playoffs, u shouldnt be prayin bad prayers for lakers,

and i think the eastern conference's also stepped up a notch this season, cavs could be a barrier to anybody in any conference at this point in time.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:36am On Nov 28, 2008
lai-lai:

comparing d world of nba to the world of football should be on a scale
american basketballers don't have mush prestigious trophies to fight for at national level like d footballers which is why most f them don't overpush theirselves to be in the national team
but carter has won d olympics and TOA in 2000 n 2003 while t-mac at least won d TOA also in 2003 which are supposed to be the equivalent of the world cup n d euro cup
both henry nd totti hav never won the champions league just like carter and t-mac hav never won d nba championship

thats my view
What scale? You have a point about the trophies thing but i don't think T-Mac or Vince Carter are the guys you should be comparing to Thierry Henry abeg has any of them even played in a Conference final? T-Mac is yet to make it past the first round of the playoffs in his entire career both ball players are over-hyped Thierry Henry is not
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Ameh2(m): 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2008
hey guys u all need to chk out the New Orleans Hornets, that team is basketball, nd the world nxt MVP the runner up of last seasons MVP, he is CP3 chris paul no 3, my mentor my bball god
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2008
j-girl:

I think I have held my tongue long enough. . . the Lakers need to lose jare! I am tired already 12-1 because of what? angry angry angry I know it's early but I need to find an underdog team creeping up on the Lakers.

As usual the Western Conference is proving to be of a slightly greater competition even at an earlier stage. What is wrong with those teams in the Eastern Conference sef? Fine! the Celtics won last season but I need to see more competition for the top 8 positions.

I was reallly thinking that Denver would suck without Iverson. . . apparently I was wrong so far. It's almost like he was the dead wood of Denver because they are actually doing well compared to last season in their games.

Posey? I still have my doubts. I don't think he has made a great difference to New Orleans yet but it's still early sha. I don't know how the Hornets are becoming an inconsistent team. It saddens me to think we are this flaky. After the Saints' performance, Hornets better improve their game.

If Hornets lose to Nuggets today, it won't be funny. I need a thanksgiving gift dang it! grin grin grin grin

How could you think Iverson's departure and Billups inclusion would be a negative for the nuggets?
Iverson gives you 30 points consistently, but team chemistry is thrown out the window.(The man is not a teamplayer)
I don't know what detroit was thinking. The impact that Billups has on a game is greater than Iverson.

As for the east being worse than the west, I am not too sure I can agree. I think the cumulative record is better in the east than in the west. Thank you OKLAHOMA THUNDER grin

And my rookie of the year pick has changed to OJ MAYO. Only cause the Grizz suck and he can take 20 shots a night and score about half. plus his free throw percentage is over .900
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 1:24am On Nov 29, 2008
@A-40
like i said, thats my view. t-mac n carter are not overated.
because henry has not won either UCL or world footballer of the year, i come to the conclusion that he's overated, am i right?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:02am On Nov 29, 2008
The Hornets didnt do too badly they dispatched the Nuggets in their home-court but its going to be fire tonight the Lakers take on the Mavs and these are two teams on a high right now

@lailai
Well you have a right to your opinion but i honestly don't see where and how you can compare T-Mac and Vince to Henry those guys are the most over-rated ball players on the planet expert basketball analysts would agree with me has T-Mac won MVP? or the scoring title in the league? apart from best dunker what has Vince carter won? Henry has featured in the finals these clowns have not even made it past the First round of the playoffs how you can compare them to a great like Thierry Henry defies logic
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 2:11am On Nov 29, 2008
your opinion, A-40, its all good. . . .so who can you say is equivalent to henry in the basketball world
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 4:21am On Nov 29, 2008
lai-lai:

your opinion, A-40, its all good. . . .so who can you say is equivalent to henry in the basketball world
See the thing is since he has won everything besides the UCL i can compare him maybe to Jason Kidd who led the Nets to two straight NBA Finals and the only reason i am comparing them is because they both made the finals
Jeez if you compared Henry to an A.I,Kobe or some established player i would agree but please not Vince or T-mac even Lebron and Wade are higher in the basketball hierarchy than the over-hyped pair of T-mac and Vince Carter
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 4:43am On Nov 29, 2008
seems i dont rate henry as highly as you do when it comes to greatness

cavs are on a rolll mehn, even lebron is being treated like kobe gettin minutes of rest while the smaller boiz takea of bizness
speakin f which, mavs lakers is on
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 4:43am On Nov 29, 2008
lai-lai:

@j-girl
what kind of prayer is that, we are not yet in d playoffs, u shouldnt be prayin bad prayers for lakers,

and i think the eastern conference's also stepped up a notch this season, cavs could be a barrier to anybody in any conference at this point in time.
Don't be annoyed o! I just hate when a team becomes untouchable. The eastern teams are better but still not comparable to the western conference.
JosBoy4Lif:

How could you think Iverson's departure and Billups inclusion would be a negative for the nuggets?
Iverson gives you 30 points consistently, but team chemistry is thrown out the window.(The man is not a teamplayer)
I don't know what detroit was thinking. The impact that Billups has on a game is greater than Iverson.

As for the east being worse than the west, I am not too sure I can agree. I think the cumulative record is better in the east than in the west. Thank you OKLAHOMA THUNDER grin
Iverson and Carmelo were almost the Nuggets. I agree he's not a team player though. Those were the faces that we knew. I knew Billups was a good addition. People said the same thing about Kidd in the Mavs, O'Neil in Suns. But it seems Billups is actually doing something good.
LOL! I hate Oklahoma. You know they used to share the Hornets with us before they formed their Thunder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101) (Reply)

Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. / Cristiano Ronaldo Goal Celebration Vs Torino Sparks Brawl (Photos) / Kobe Bryant: The Life Of NBA Icon In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.