Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (70925 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2008
sistawoman:

There is one team i have not seen in all four pages of this thread:

Oklahoma City Thunder

Would you svck Dwyane Wade off
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by sistawoman: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2008
millco88:

He plays for the heat.

Other than my nephew who is my fav. player, I also enjoy watching Nick Collison and Jeff Green.

I think the change in the city and the new addtions to the team will do them well and my nephew wont have to work so hard this year to carry the team.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2008
sistawoman:

Other than my nephew who is my fav. player, I also enjoy watching Nick Collison and Jeff Green.

I think the change in the city and the new addtions to the team will do them well and my nephew wont have to work so hard this year to carry the team.

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by sistawoman: 9:59pm On Sep 24, 2008
millco88:

What the hell does that have to do with sports? ASSHOLE
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 3:56am On Sep 25, 2008
Okay y'all. . . I need this season to start fully right now!
I am tired of all the Pre-season games already.

I think I'll support both Hornets and I am going to support some underdogs. It used to be GSW but now that Baron Davis is gone, they have absolutely no hope.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 4:23am On Sep 25, 2008
Those guys are hopeless i mean how could they sell that dude how on earth do they think they gonna ever make the playoffs without Baron Davis
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 4:27am On Sep 25, 2008
I don't even know what they were thinking. That's like Houston Rockets selling off McGrady or Orlando Magic selling off Howard. They should have gotten another star on the team before selling Davis. That way, the new player is trained.
I can't wait to watch their games. . . .
Their first pre-season game is with the Hornets. . . .I think I'll go watch it at the superdome if I have the chance.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2008
I wish you and onyinye could watch it together i am pretty keen on seeing Artest in a Houston Uniform
The Warriors are screwed for real no question
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2008
PHOTOSHOOTS ARE OUT

Bynum is a GIANT. He makes Kobe look like a little kid

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2008
The Lakers where one Bynum away from glory last season
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2008
j-girl:

Okay y'all. . . I need this season to start fully right now!
I am tired of all the Pre-season games already.

I think I'll support both Hornets and I am going to support some underdogs. It used to be GSW but now that Baron Davis is gone, they have absolutely no hope.

bandwagon fans are not needed in sports
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2008
Wade Marion and Beasley

[img]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/gallery/I'm:urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,getty:20050301:nba,photo,dfef8f00aba9340fe71b6b739b54aa83-getty-82921743vb020_heat_media_day:1[/img]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2008
A-40:

The Lakers where one Bynum away from glory last season
  yeah right! cheesy The lakers problem was team defense and intensity, Bynum cannot solve that problem all by himself n play team defense for the whole squad.
  what about the problem of gutless muscle'less' Gasol who looked listeless n confused most of the time? and crossovers by Rayray over statued motionless Walton, or Odom only playing intense for 2 quarters etc. Bynum only solves one of their problems.
  They will not repeat as western champs this yr. My money is on NO/ those "jambalaya eatin' folks" as Onyinye put it smiley
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2008
yes they will. the spurs are aging and the hornets are aching. i doubt the mavericks have what it takes in terms of toughness. you seem to forget the ceiling for bynum is high. trading caron butler has really hurt the lakers
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2008
I'm not holding my breath for the Spurs n Dallas (sorry A-40 smiley )
but how are the hornets aching?  The combination of Paul, Chandler, West is a deadly one, and one more yr of playing together will make them better. Plus don't forget the addition of Posey who seems to bring championships wherever he goes.
  I don't doubt though that Bynum has immense potential. He was playing great up till he got injured. But I still hold that he only solves one of the lakers problems.

As for other western potentials, don't sleep on Utah & Houston.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Jesoul
Like it or not its the truth do you think Garnett and co. would have been able to dominate the paint defensively and offensively if Bynum was around?Bynum would have been a monster in that series Odom and Gasol put together would not have done the job Bynum would have done it would have also meant less minutes for brick shooter Radmanovic but i guess its too late for that now

My favorites for the West still are the Lakers the Hornets are looking good too and of course my Mavs and i just can't write of the Spurs its not possible don't know how Houston will fare with Artest lets wait and see but the dark-horses for me have got to be the Blazers
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2008
Michael Jordan on Kobe Bryant (Tuesday Sept. 30 2008)

Bobcats Insider aired a special edition with Bobcats Managing Member of Basketball Operations Michael Jordan on WMYT MyTV 12. Jordan talked openly with Bobcats Television play-by-play announcer Matt Devlin and Television inquirer Alvaro Diaz about his decision to invest in the Bobcats, his role in Charlotte and his vision for the future.

The following is the transcript of the interview with Michael Jordan:

Matt Devlin: Welcome to Bobcats Insider, I'm Matt Devlin. Over the next half hour, I'll go one-on-one with an owner of the Charlotte Bobcats who also happens to be a North Carolina native and a Tar Heel legend by bringing the University of North Carolina the 1982 national title. He dominated the NBA for over a decade, guiding his Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships while capturing six NBA Finals MVP's. He was a five-time NBA MVP, a 14-time All Star and the greatest player who ever played the game, or is He, Michael Jordan is an iconic figure whose drive and determination has led him to the pinnacle of his profession and the entire sports world, so it was surprising nontheless when Jordan was asked who he thought was the best player in the world today, Jordan glared for a minute and awnsered, qoute on quote "i'm still the best" but then an a subdivided voice said "all jokes aside I think Kobe is, Kobe has brought something to the game that I honestly thought would never be possible since I left, Kobe's Stardom has surpass anything that I could have ever dreamed of in my career, I mean he is a true Icon and the best thing that could of ever happen to the game of Basketball in my opinion.",

WOW!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 7:54pm On Oct 01, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
[b]Like it or not its the truth do you think Garnett and co. would have been able to dominate the paint defensively and offensively if Bynum was around?[/b]Bynum would have been a monster in that series Odom and Gasol put together would not have done the job Bynum would have done it would have also meant less minutes for brick shooter Radmanovic but i guess its too late for that now
uhm hell yeah! You're forgetting KG is a proven veteran with monster stats n records n tenacity and ferocity under his belt while Bynum is an upcoming rookie in the game. Bynum woulda plugged the hole but only to an extent, but I don't think he woulda been that big of a deal the way people are thinking that it woulda favored the lakers to win - no way.

My favorites for the West still are the Lakers the Hornets are looking good too and of course my Mavs and i just can't write of the Spurs its not possible don't know how Houston will fare with Artest lets wait and see but the dark-horses for me have got to be the Blazers
hehe the blazers? maybe. I think the west is just waayy too competitive.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Jesoul
Who told you he would not have changed the outcome of that series it was obvious to all to see that they lacked penetration and their next best player besides Kobe was in the sidelines trust me Garnett would have a very hard time coping with Bynum same goes for Kendrick Perkins

The West is pretty hot alright and i expect all TX teams to fare much better this season
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Who told you he would not have changed the outcome of that series it was obvious to all to see that they lacked penetration and their next best player besides Kobe was in the sidelines trust me Garnett would have a very hard time coping with Bynum same goes for Kendrick Perkins
well guess we'll find out pretty soon huh? smiley I think the NBA scheduled LA-BOS on christmas day . . . smiley

The West is pretty hot alright and i expect all TX teams to fare much better this season
Really? your Mavs haven't significantly changed anything/anyone so how are they supposed to 'fare much better'? and as for SA I mean I know its mental to count them out but I somehow just don't see them getting any better but instead worse.
And I know Houston is better with Artest, but yet I cannot shake that thing at the back of my head telling me he's going to have another mental breakdown. cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2008
Yeah its becoming almost tradition now to put two teams that met in the NBA Finals the previous season in the Christmas Holiday Schedule

We didn't have any major replacement when we went from Conference Semifinalists to 2 games away from the Championships,A new coach and an improved Jason Kidd holds breath may be all we need

As for the Spurs i wouldn't write them off not in this life they have failed to defend their Championship yes but i am sure most NBA pundits said the same about this team in 2004/2005 season and 2006/2007 season and we all saw what happened
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:16pm On Oct 01, 2008
make sure you don't hold your breath for too long on J.Kidd  cheesy  Gosh I remember not that long ago he was the triple double machine in NJ that was terrorising the eastern conf teams     my my, age is not a good thing at all at all.

A-40:

As for the Spurs i wouldn't write them off not in this life they have failed to defend their Championship yes but i am sure most NBA pundits said the same about this team in 2004/2005 season and 2006/2007 season and we all saw what happened
I know oh. That's why I said it's "mental" to count them out but yet I'm still doing it  cool  Timmy don age finish and Ginobili's wild antics are resulting in injuries and inconsistent play. monsiuer Parker is the only one I have complete faith in.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2008
my bulls are turning shit around in the eastern conference. derrick rose is all we need.  tyrus thomas must die  grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:04am On Oct 02, 2008
Lets wait and see sha the season starts this month
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2008
bawomolo:

my bulls are turn shit around in the eastern conference. derrick rose is all we need. tyrus thomas must die grin grin
bulls-shmulls grin at best 1st rd playoff exit for your boys.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2008
I don't want the Celtics to repeat.

It was a good story the Big three getting a ring, but that defensive basketball
shiznit is boring

We want the return of SHOWTIME. . . . . . .

Where is the next Larry Bird.

Nothing like racial rivalry to stoke up some interest.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2008
@doyin13
Me neither but i have looked around the East and honestly if the Celtics show the same hunger they did last season it would be hard to stop them in that Conference who's gonna stop them i don't think Detroit can neither can Orlando they are too light-weight the only team i could see that would challenge them are the Cavs decent support for Lebron of any kind will see them overthrow the Celts
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 12:49am On Oct 03, 2008
oklahoma thunder jerseys.  it's like the Charlotte bobcat was impregnated by Knickerbocker . someone send kevin durant to one of them feeding houses in calabar tongue

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:13am On Oct 03, 2008
Oklahoma Thunder tongue.Sounds soo much like a WNBA team it would take some getting used to
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2008
[quote="Copperhead"]

[/quote]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2008
A-40:

Oklahoma Thunder tongue.Sounds soo much like a WNBA team it would take some getting used to
   angry  you dissin' the ladies? oh wait I diss them all the time  cheesy . . . my bad carry on . . . but seriously they coulda done better than "Oklahoma Thunder" and what is with those uniforms? they look mad ugly  cheesy

bawomolo:

oklahoma thunder jerseys. it's like the Charlotte bobcat was impregnated by Knickerbocker . someone send kevin durant to one of them feeding houses in calabar tongue
lol . . . true true
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2008
@Jesoul
I don't mean to sound like a male chauvinist but the WNBA sucks! They used to be in the D-league right?

BTW:Why does their jersey look so much like the Grizzlies?hopefully they can play better basketball

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

Cute Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo With His Children / Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. / Mourinho Looked Embarrassed On A TV Show With Bikini Clad Lady (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.