Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (70917 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2008
@lai-lai
You can say that again your defense has been shambolic in pre-season thus far
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 5:34am On Oct 26, 2008
@ A-40
noticed, bt i've neva tot we've bn excellent in dat aspect, i trust phil jackson to note it and fix it, bynum jst comin back might mean some new defensive adjustments
thank God its pre-season
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:04am On Oct 27, 2008
My season starts Thursday night and just like that my NBA is back grin grin

Opening night sees The Mavs take on the Rockets then we play Minnesota,Cleveland the Spurs,Denver the Clippers and the Lakers with our regular season ending against the Rockets as well i am silently optimistic that good things would happen this season i expect the likes of Brandon Bass to play even better and he could even become a key guy for us this season

The Nuggets and Lakers would be another match to look out for a replay of the Western Conference 1st round where the Nuggets got swept.It would be all out offense

@lai-lai
I don't think defense has been Phil Jackson's strongest area even though he is one helluva coach
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 4:34am On Oct 27, 2008
derrick rose showed he can score in the last couple of games. let all the hype be on michael beasley, derrick rose is the real stud.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by H2O2: 4:36am On Oct 27, 2008
why are we talking about the miami least? a team that's not even going to make the playoffs.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 7:30am On Oct 27, 2008
do u think the mavs can win the western conference, A-40, rate their chances
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 7:34am On Oct 29, 2008
lai-lai:

do u think the mavs can win the western conference, A-40, rate their chances
Thats a big ask my favorites are probably the Lakers and the Hornets we stand a fighting chance if Josh Howard can get his shit together and stop smoking weed,Jason Kidd gives us a big season not just in assists and rebounds but in scoring too,Dampier becomes more dominant in the paint and the likes of Bass and Terry stepping their game up its easier said than done sha but lets see how it goes

The season started last night/this morning

Boston the defending champs started in good fashion beating Lebron's Cavs it was tight as always but the Celts won 90-85

Losing Finalists the Lakers also pummeled the Blazers 96-76 Oden seems to be injured again

The Bulls also beat the Bucks 108-95
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2008
Chai talk about bad luck . . . Oden had not even played 3mins into his NBA debut and homeboy injures himself again shocked na wah oh. If this injury is serious then I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Anyways the Cavs look much better than I expected. I guess this mo williams of a person can actually help in producing some offense. We'll see sha.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2008
@A-40
ur wishes are too much lol, there seems to b much to fix b4 u guys can win the championship, best of luck

really sad for oden, really wanna see what he has, lakers are on some rare type of fire, those players are not even getting enough mins, i wish basketball was 90mins too so i can see more of farmar, ariza, odom, walton n co, lol
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2008
@lai-lai
They are not ooh i am just keeping it real you don't expect me to straight up write off my own team.You guys are smoking ooh i saw highlights of the Clippers game y'all decapitated those guys

Oden is out for two or four weeks that guy must be surrounded by some serious juju but the guy looks twice his age sef undecided are we sure there is no hanky-panky going on?

The Knicks actually won sha and even Phoenix did what they couldn't do come play-off time by beating the Spurs in their opener the big suprise for me was the Hawks beating Orlando

Tonight's big games

Rockets vs Mavs

Hornets vs Suns
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2008
The Mavs started badly angry angry losing badly to Houston 112-102 at home

@Jesoul
It might be too early to tell but Artest is not looking like a bad acquisition he really hurt us yesterday with 29

Other scores
Hornets 108 - 95 PHX

Bobcats 79 - 96 Cavs

The Spurs are at it again Hacking-a-Shaq grin grin unfortunately they still lost that game
[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Spurs-Pop-Hack-a-Shaq-just-five-second?urn=nba,118393[/url]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2008
A-40,
your Mavs played a good game, but somehow went cold when it mattered the most. The Rockets look sharp, Artest showed why he has been considered a top notch player, I still don't trust him . . . he can decide mid season he wants to work on his rap album, or clash with another player or something cheesy. But his production last night was undeniably outstanding.

All the top teams so far look good, I'm excited for how things are going to play out this season, I have a feeling it'll be one for the ages. The west will be even tougher than last yr, players cannot take even 1 night off.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2008
yeah, the west's definitely goin to be tougher, smell an equilibrium
rockets look real good with artest, lets see as the season plays out for them

bynum just signed on for 4 yrs
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2008
where is that guy that was worshiping michael beasley. 5 for 15 undecided

"PG" OJ Mayo in his first game. 5 for 20. learn to pass rookie cry

skip bayless's Halloween costume grin

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2008
JeSoul:

A-40,
your Mavs played a good game, but somehow went cold when it mattered the most. The Rockets look sharp, Artest showed why he has been considered a top notch player, I still don't trust him . . . he can decide mid season he wants to work on his rap album, or clash with another player or something cheesy. But his production last night was undeniably outstanding.

All the top teams so far look good, I'm excited for how things are going to play out this season, I have a feeling it'll be one for the ages. The west will be even tougher than last yr, players cannot take even 1 night off.

Yeah we rallied in the 2nd and down the stretch but Artest killed us in the 4th quarter you guys are playing the Rockets on Tuesday.All i know is if Artest brings his A-game to Houston they would break that first round jinx but then again Artest is like the weather he changes quickly even though the Rockets coach was his boss at Sacramento and he really liked playing for the man infact it was when Adelman left that his problem at Sacramento began so lets see how it goes
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2008
What of Greg Oden, Is he going to be injury prone his whole enitre career What a waste,
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 1:04am On Nov 01, 2008
he would be back. he is a defensive genius and not much else. greg oden equals a better version of theo ratliff. overrated
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:21am On Nov 01, 2008
Hmm this guy's career has not even started and he is already flirting with injuries he does have potential but as a center you are going to get banged night in night out just ask Shaq and thus far he has not shown he is ready to take such punishment so till he does that the jury is still out on him
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2008
Last Night's games

Knicks 87 - 116 76ERS

Warriors 108 - 112 Raptors

Kings 77 - 103 Heat

Bulls 80 - 96 Celtics

Magic 84 - 86 Grizzlies

Nuggets 113 - 103 Clippers

Spurs 99 - 100 Blazers
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2008
garnett - youngest player to get to 100 games

is this the end of spurs? considerin the increased strength of most teams, they are now like ac milan of last season
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2008
@lailai
Did you mean 1000 games?

As for the Spurs i feel Ginobili's absence is hurting them in more ways than i could imagine but its still early days although the Lakers,Hornets and Celtics have been most impressive
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 1:01am On Nov 02, 2008
chei, get derrick rose some help. luol deng is one hell of a flop. that dude deceived jon paxson to get a contract. ole
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2008
Last Night Scores

76ERS 88 - 95 HAWKS

HEAT 81 - 100 BOBCATS

CELTICS 79 - 95 PACERS

KINGS 103 - 121 MAGIC

WIZARDS 109 - 117 PISTONS

MAVERICKS 95 - 85 TIMBERWOLVES

CAVALIERS 92 - 104 HORNETS

GRIZZLIES 86 - 96 BULLS

THUNDER 77 - 89 ROCKETS

RAPTORS 91 - 87 BUCKS

LAKERS 104 - 97 NUGGETS

CLIPPERS 79 - 101 JAZZ

BLAZERS 96 - 107 SUNS
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by LASIEFAIRE(m): 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2008
Lakers my Boyze are back.
Now with Bynum, who unfortunately is still sluggish and recovering is lost form, I am confident in this team. The only problem I see with this team is still the same one that haunted us last season; the over reliance on Kobe. All in all sha, with the bench that we possess - Trevor Ariza (upcoming Josh Smith,) Jordan Famar, Lamar Odom, Luke Walton (hope he learns how to play like his father. Lazy bastard) - and a good coach, I think this is our year.

Houston.
If they can tame Artest and Yao can stay fit, they will be no telling what the Rockets can do. Their bench is eager to play ball. The likes of Aaron Brooks, Landry, Mutombo grin,Onyinye cheering them from the stand and even the Mascot pulling prank on the visiting teams. The other team better beware. Their upcoming game against the champions Celtic led by the Magically healed Pierce might serve as a platform to judge their upcoming season.

33 on them ko easy. MVP keep doing your thing. Dont forget to pass sha.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2008
The Lakers where smoking alright Kobe did his thing and with a fit Bynum you guys would take some beating but i would also want y'all to watch out for the Hornets those guys are playing some amazing basketball

Thank God the Mavs won but it was expected i mean we should beat the T/Wolves now tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:33am On Nov 03, 2008
Raptors 3-0 baby, bomb bomb!!!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2008
yep, i meant 1000 games
hornets are smokin also but i feel we still superior

wats dis i hear abt iverson being traded for billups n mcdyess
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2008
I see too many heads be having hallucinations about Laker domination this season grin cool

It's still too early to assess the teams just yet.

Iverson goes to Detroit and Billups, McDyess & some other dude make their way to the mile high. The Nuggets get help on the defensive end and a championship veteran PG, Detroit gets some cap flexibility to go after some real help after this season. They haven't made it past the ECF the past 3yrs so why continue to cling to the "core 3"?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2008
I think Detroit did well. . Rodney Stuckey showed enough to suggest he is going to be
upper echelon in no time at all. They could have used Mcdyess in the frontcourt I guess
but they got Maxiell as well, and he looks like a beast. As for Denver, until I see clear
evidence Carmelo, the face of the franchise, ditches the hip hop lifestyle and knuckles down
on the defensive end, dey can trade as much as they want, they will still keep coming up short.

Derrick Rose. . . .hmmm, still early days, but not bad so far. not bad at all

D'antoni and Steph. . . . .with that sputtering offence, u berra get him back in the rotation Mike

For the first time in a while, the Rockets will not be too unduly worried if Yao goes on another midseason sabbatical.
Ron Ron is holding it down smiley smiley

Err. . .by the way. . .any suggestions on who is going to stop the Lakers
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:10am On Nov 04, 2008
Wow its mad shocking but its a good move for Denver they could use some D but why give away Camby in the first place if he was still there and they got rid of A.I for McDyess and Billups then they would have had a good chance of making the playoffs because the Denver i see this season would struggle in that Wild Wild West even with McDyess and Billups because those guys have been on a steady decline for the last 2 years i think Detroit could not have picked a better time to rebuild and with Billups out Stuckey would have a chance to develop

@doyin
Steph is a narcissistic megalomaniac he should go back to AND 1

@Jesoul
It is pretty the early but the Lakers are the business for now even though i am most impressed by the Hornets they have taken out the Cavs and the Suns thus far i am hoping my Mavs take out the former later on
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:08am On Nov 04, 2008
Latest Scores

PISTONS 101 - 83 BOBCATS

BULLS 93 - 96 MAGIC

KINGS 91 - 125 76ERS

WARRIORS 79 - 90 GRIZZLIES

CAVALIERS 100 - 81 MAVERICKS (The Mavs suck phat hairy and greasy balls can you imagine losing both opening home games)
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 5:54am On Nov 04, 2008
hehehehe. . .where is that Mavs insignia in your profile.

Guy rep ur hometown abeg. . . . .

And yep they suck big fat hairy Ojojo tongue tongue tongue

This season might see a shakeup in the usual order and Dallas I am
afraid look like they will be left behind.

How about Marc Gasol though. . . .posting some impressive numbers I tell you,
and such a great touch and good post moves.

And from one big man to another, Dwight Howard has loads of room to improve o, especially
on the offensive end. His hook is ugly, he can't shoot free throws and the Pistons proved last
season in the playoffs he isn't that strong in the lower body dept. Superman mite not be that super
after all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101) (Reply)

Cute Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo With His Children / Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. / Mourinho Looked Embarrassed On A TV Show With Bikini Clad Lady (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.