Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (70919 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
doyin13:

hehehehewhere is that Mavs insignia in your profile.

Guy rep ur hometown abeg. . . . .

And yes they suck big fat hairy Ojojo tongue tongue tongue

This season might see a shakeup in the usual order and Dallas I am
afraid look like they will be left behind.

How about Marc Gasol though. . . .posting some impressive numbers I tell you,
and such a great touch and good post moves.

And from one big man to another, Dwight Howard has loads of room to improve o, especially
on the offensive end. His hook is ugly, he can't shoot free throws and the Pistons proved last
season in the playoffs he isn't that strong in the lower body dept. Superman mite not be that super
after all.

I had to remove it quick quick those guys are just embarrassing me
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 12:51am On Nov 05, 2008
where is that dude that was hating on derrick rose. rookie of the year cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:01am On Nov 05, 2008
Gasol is rookie of the year, his numbers will be better.
Finally my Raptors will have a first test of the big east against Detroit tomorrow!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 2:20am On Nov 05, 2008
Walahi. . . .this season sure does not have the same feel of last season
with the cobbling together of the Boston Big Three.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 6:24am On Nov 05, 2008
Scores of games played NOV 4

SUNS 114 - 86 NETS

CELTICS 103 - 99 ROCKETS

MAVERICKS 98 - 81 SPURS (Ope oooh!! )

Dirk and JT scored 30 and 29 points each shocked shocked that's a lot i would like to see more distribution in the scoring please

I do think these Spurs are in trouble this season though they have not started this badly for 35 years now and to think Manu is out till December tongue tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2008
SA is looking very undermanned, no firepower . . . but I'm not hitting the panic button yet. They are champs and know how to pull through tough times . . . come back when they're 0-13 then we can condemn them to obscurity.

Things I learned/was reminded of last night:

-T-Mac is lazy and unwilling to play defense for 48 minutes
-Ray Allen can drive to the hoop whenever he wants
-Leon Powe is a legitimate 6th man
-When you have Perkins & Davis abusing Yao the way they did, one must conclude Yao still lacks that aggressive killer instinct
-The Celtics have a certain been-there-done-that swagger about them
-The Rockets can get better IF they commit to team defense and not just expect Artest to stop everyone

-Mavs Jason Terry should be a starter
-Spurs need to get a 3rd option scorer before they fall too far off the playoff picture
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2008
JeSoul:

SA is looking very undermanned, no firepower . . . but I'm not hitting the panic button yet. They are champs and know how to pull through tough times . . . come back when they're 0-13 then we can condemn them to obscurity.
-Mavs Jason Terry should be a starter
-Spurs need to get a 3rd option scorer before they fall too far off the playoff picture
When i saw them lose to the Blazers was when i knew they had a problem i knew they would miss Manu his offense his flops lol

Jason Terry must start this guy is our third best scorer after Josh and Dirk and for all of Jason Kidd's productivity i would much rather see him either starting ahead of Kidd or pairing him in the back-court with Jason Kidd
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2008
the thing is Cuban has got to tread softly.

If you bench Kidd, he will not be happy and will suddenly start missing practice & start using text msgs to communicate with the coach etc . . . grin kai what happened to Kidd? it wasn't that long ago he was terrorizing the east with his triple doubles, I still have nightmares from many a celtic loss to the Nets.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2008
chei. . .i missed the first marquee matchup of the season.

Ray Allen driving to the hoop. .hmmm. He must have had an eran riro defender on him tongue tongue tongue

Yao. . .mehn.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2008
doyin13:

cheii missed the first marquee matchup of the season.

Ray Allen driving to the hoop. .hmmm. He must have had an eran riro defender on him tongue tongue tongue

Yaomehn.

hehe . . . he did it against tMac all night & against Artest late in the 4th, i was embarrased for Tracy. Ray's shown sporadic flashes of having that ability all thru last yr. His prolific outside shooting overshadows his "drive to the rim and complete the 3pt play" game.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2008
JeSoul:

the thing is Cuban has got to tread softly.

If you bench Kidd, he will not be happy and will suddenly start missing practice & start using text msgs to communicate with the coach etc . . . grin [b]kai what happened to Kidd? it wasn't that long ago he was terrorizing the east with his triple doubles, I still have nightmares from many a celtic loss to the Net[/b]s.
We traded for him about 6 years late the guy is a spent force jare looking at his last few seasons at the Nets where he developed a real stinker of a jump-shot is enough reason to wonder if we made the right move i would be pleasantly suprised if he comes good for us
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by milknhoney(f): 4:50am On Nov 06, 2008
@JeSoul

It is quite clear that you are being quite biased with your posts. I mean it is clear that you are into the Celtics, but to call Tracy McGrady lazy is a bit much. Not like Ray Allen is all that anyways. It is clearly stated that the Celtics are absolutely nothing without KG. The rest are just fill in team mates.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2008
Last Night's Games

HAWKS 87 - 79 HORNETS

SUNS 113 - 103 PACERS (Stoudemire dropped 49 points)

PISTONS 100 - 93 RAPTORS

76ERS 83 - 106 HEAT

BOBCATS 98 - 101 KNICKS

BULLS 93 - 107 CAVALIERS (41 points for King James)

WIZARDS 104 - 112 BUCKS (The Wiz are yet to win this season)

SPURS 129 - 125 TIMBERWOLVES (Parker dropped 55 points now you know the Spurs have a problem when they need double OT to beat the T'Wolves)

CELTICS 96 - 83 THUNDER

BLAZERS 96 - 103 JAZZ (The Jazz are still unbeaten)

GRIZZLIES 95 - 100 KINGS

NUGGETS 101 - 11 WARRIORS

CLIPPERS 88 - 106 LAKERS
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:10pm On Nov 06, 2008
milknhoney:

@JeSoul

It is quite clear that you are being quite biased with your posts.
    lol . . . have you looked at all the entries besides mine? everyone is biased towards their team honey.

I mean it is clear that you are into the Celtics, but to call Tracy McGrady lazy is a bit much.
McGrady is lazy becos he does not like to play defense, and even when he gets going offensively, he needs his teammates to increase their intensity, then he feeds off from them. Kobe, LeBron they carry their teams on their shoulders and win . . .

small wonder why he's never won a playoff series.

Not like Ray Allen is all that anyways. It is clearly stated that the Celtics are absolutely nothing without KG. The rest are just fill in team mates.
lol, ridiculous . . . you are funny  grin  I don't even need to 'argue' this 'point' - if you weren't biased against the Celtics you wouldn't say that.  cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2008
A-40:

Last Night's Games
SUNS 113 - 103 PACERS (Stoudemire dropped 49 points)
He's getting back to the ferocious man he was before he got injured couple yrs ago

WIZARDS 104 - 112 BUCKS (The Wiz are yet to win this season)
I think Arenas should give back some more of his contract money grin

SPURS 129 - 125 TIMBERWOLVES (Parker dropped 55 points now you know the Spurs have a problem when they need double OT to beat the T'Wolves)
You know what, you're right and I might have to change my mind from my post yesterday . . . if they need 55 from parker and dbl OT to win against the T'babywolves - that's not a good sign

CELTICS 96 - 83 THUNDER
The thunder acutally competed in the first half and their defense is better than I expected - they forced a couple 24shot clock violations on the C's. I think if they can commit to keeping their energy level high for all 48mins they can have a relatively good season.

BLAZERS 96 - 103 JAZZ (The Jazz are still unbeaten)
I dunno why we're all sleeping on them, you hardly hear anything 'bout them
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2008
JeSoul:

He's getting back to the ferocious man he was before he got injured couple years ago
Thats what they need because lets face it Shaq is not all that anymore
JeSoul:

I think Arenas should give back some more of his contract money grin
Try telling him that lol those guys are too soft they are like the eastern conference version of the Nuggets and if they don't wake up they might not even have to face the trouble of another Cleveland whitewash

JeSoul:

You know what, you're right and I might have to change my mind from my post yesterday . . . if they need 55 from parker and dbl OT to win against the T'babywolves - that's not a good sign
The guy played his butt off yesterday and even scored a career high those guys are in for a long season
JeSoul:

I don't know why we're all sleeping on them, you hardly hear anything 'bout them
They have to be the most under-rated team in the league amazingly consistent and tough to beat at home i just hope Jerry Sloan gets at least one ring before he retires because it would be almost unfair for him not to win at least one championship
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by gabelogan(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2008
where are all those naysayes, especially a-40 and jesoul

the knicks are playing beautiful ball this season

they are spearding the ball, they are fast, and best of all they are winning games

i said it during the pre-season that they are going make the playoffs this season.

but i need to see my boy eddy curry and steph get some playing time.

go knicks!!!!!!!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2008
@gabe_logan
Oh boy relax you and this your Dodan Warriors sef you guys have improved but its too early to be dreaming playoffs my friend
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2008
Gabe, 
   come back & talk knicks & playoffs after 60 games into the season  cool  grin

and if you guys want to make progress, cut out with surgical precision the cancer that is Stephon Starbury from the team. And with steady chemotherapy, the knicks should become relevant in a few years  grin

A-40,
Somehow the Jazz manage to stay off the radar, prob because they have no real "superstars" and rack up a very good record in doing so. They'll make the playoffs the question is how far will they go?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2008
the spurs are declinin and competition's just to tough, some good players are jst goin to hav t oend their careers without championship medals, cant go round lol
every where i look, incredible matchups, cant do nything else, after d rounds of matches, i'm watchin highlights till the next round and i still hav to combine it with football(not to talk of my life), am i d only one havin dis problem, lol

the jazz are some pretenders mehn, they need d spotlight on them
some sick dunks last night, ariza, kobe, richardson etc

i'm also feelin amare's no nonsense attitude
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:58am On Nov 07, 2008
@Jesoul
I think that superstar they lack has been their biggest problem although they had Stockton and Malone in the past but they always got beaten by M.J in the Finals they are a sure bet for the 2nd round though and they even made conference finals in 07 so they are not a bad side
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 1:18am On Nov 07, 2008
how about the Deron Williams, Boozer tandem Deron Williams
seems to always beat CP3 and the latter is regarded as upper echelon.

They've got all the tools me thinks. . .perhaps lack a dominating prescence inside
although Boozer dey try,

How about the Hawks though? Ain't seen them this season, but I hear it was
quite an impressive win against the hitherto unbeaten Hornets.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:42am On Nov 07, 2008
doyin13:

how about the Deron Williams, Boozer tandem Deron Williams
seems to always beat CP3 and the latter is regarded as upper echelon.

They've got all the tools me thinksperhaps lack a dominating prescence inside
although Boozer dey try,

How about the Hawks though? Ain't seen them this season, but I hear it was
quite an impressive win against the hitherto unbeaten Hornets.

Deron Williams is good but i don't think he can give you Chris Paul's numbers
I still feel Boozer is short he doesn't dominate in the big games and work in the paint and unfortunately their other big guy (Okur) is more of a jump-shooter

I think the Hawks are unbeaten sef and seeing them in the playoffs last season i knew they had potential even though its early days yet a lot can still go right or wrong for that franchise
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 1:42am On Nov 07, 2008
Celtics are not very impressive this season but they're still a'ight. for now.

wink wink to all my sexy players - Rajon, KG. . .  tongue, jk.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:49am On Nov 07, 2008
chiogo:

Celtics are not very impressive this season but they're still a'ight. for now.

wink wink to all my sexy players - Rajon, KG. . .  tongue
Not impressive? babes they won at the Rockets and have beaten the Cavs how impressive can they get? i think you would like to trade places with the Spurs who needed double OT to beat the T'Wolves and are 1-3
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 1:58am On Nov 07, 2008
A-40:

Not impressive? babes they won at the Rockets and have beaten the Cavs how impressive can they get? i think you would like to trade places with the Spurs who needed double OT to beat the T'Wolves and are 1-3
Yeah, I know but just because they won doesn't make them all that good, y'know. Their game with H-town Rockets was pretty tough.

They stayed at the same score for a while till game over. For a minute, I though the Rockets would out-beat them. When I say real

victory, there needs to be substantial amount of gap(in terms of scores). LOL! But they tried all the same. Love my team!!!!! smiley

wouldn't care about spurs!! C'mon, we are talking about the Champions here. lol, i kid.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:09am On Nov 07, 2008
chiogo:

Yeah, I know but just because they won doesn't make them all that good, y'know. Their game with H-town Rockets was pretty tough.

They stayed at the same score for a while till game over. For a minute, I though the Rockets would out-beat them. When I say real

victory, there needs to be substantial amount of gap(in terms of scores). LOL! But they tried all the same. Love my team!!!!! smiley

wouldn't care about spurs!! C'mon, we are talking about the Champions here. lol, i kid.
You are funny hon don't you know its easier to get to the top than to stay there? every team this year would be out for your ass i feel y'all did a good job Artest was totally shut down and you know T-Mac cannot carry the burden by himself and what makes it better you beat them in their building so besides your loss to the Pacers i think y'all have been doing ok
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2008
the celtics always mostly get the work done even if its not convincing
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2008
A-40:

You are funny hon don't you know its easier to get to the top than to stay there? every team this year would be out for your ass i feel y'all did a good job Artest was totally shut down and you know T-Mac cannot carry the burden by himself and what makes it better you beat them in their building so besides your loss to the Pacers i think y'all have been doing ok
Boy, I don't even know who T-mac is. Jeez, you know so much about this. where do you stay again??

lai-lai:

the celtics always mostly get the work done even if its not convincing
Yes, that's my team!!!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:29am On Nov 08, 2008
chiogo:

Boy, I don't even know who T-mac is. Jeez, you know so much about this. where do you stay again??

Yes, that's my team!!!
I just love my basketball and sports in general i am an addict
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2008
the bulls blewout the pheonix suns. does any PG have a better alley oop pass than derrick rose. tyrus thomas should die a slow death on the bench.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 8:54am On Nov 08, 2008
HORNETS 89 - 92 BOBCATS

KNICKS 114 - 108 WIZARDS (Even Dodan Warriors have a winning record shocked)

RAPTORS 92 - 104 HAWKS

BUCKS 89 - 101 CELTICS

PACERS 107 - 111 CAVALIERS

PISTONS 96 - 103 NETS

HEAT 99 - 83 SPURS (Now i am starting to think these Spurs are washed up for real)

SUNS 83 - 100 BULLS

THUNDER 94 - 100 JAZZ

TIMBERWOLVES 109 - 121 KINGS

MAVERICKS 105 - 108 NUGGETS (These ponmo men have started again they just made me stay awake for nothing angry angry)

GRIZZLIES 109 - 104 WARRIORS

ROCKETS 92 - 83 CLIPPERS (The Baron Davis trade is looking like a nightmare so far)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101) (Reply)

Cute Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo With His Children / Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. / Mourinho Looked Embarrassed On A TV Show With Bikini Clad Lady (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.