Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353055 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
lomomike:

It indicates your oil is soon due for change.

Change the oil and follow this procedure:

1.Turn ignition to 'LOCK'
2. Then turn the Ignition to 'ON' simultaneously while you are pressing the ODO/TRIP button for 5 seconds. If the Odometer resets to '0000', it is successful, if not, remove the key and repeat procedure again.
THANKS, I WILL REVERT. BUT does that mean, the mileage will start from zero again.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
jimmrozz:
THANKS, I WILL REVERT. BUT does that mean, the mileage will start from zero again.

No, your mileage won't revert to zero, however, your 'trip A' and 'trip B' counter will revert to zero.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
Lomo,

a little guidance.
I suspect a couple of my sensors are playing 10-10 with me.

I get the check light and on scanning, i get P2241, P0420 and another code that has to do with catalytic system inefficiency. At some point the CEL goes off on its own and could come on at other time. The time difference varies. I have dismantled my catalyst and looked at it and it looks very ok. Neat inside, no soot or anything of sort. I have done a little way and reinserted it.

Then the another one on fuel vapour leak (small leak) comes on and goes as well. A couple of times i use my scanner to clear the codes, some will come back on. at other times just two.

My wahala is that the cel will normally go off on its own and come back after say 2 or 3 days of driving.

I have used a decent technician and they can't seem to trace where this is coming from. the likely conclusion is that my sensors might be the culprit.

My car is a 2005 ES330.

Meanwhile, i shuddered when Briscoe charged me 120k for 4 brake rotors (discs). . . . . . . . . another unit from Dubai is saying N50k for all 4. Mine is now making a wuu sound once my speed get's to 70km/h and vibrates on braking when speed exceeds 100km/h.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
Emperoh: Lomo,

a little guidance.
I suspect a couple of my sensors are playing 10-10 with me.

I get the check light and on scanning, i get P2241, P0420 and another code that has to do with catalytic system inefficiency. At some point the CEL goes off on its own and could come on at other time. The time difference varies. I have dismantled my catalyst and looked at it and it looks very ok. Neat inside, no soot or anything of sort. I have done a little way and reinserted it.

Then the another one on fuel vapour leak (small leak) comes on and goes as well. A couple of times i use my scanner to clear the codes, some will come back on. at other times just two.

My wahala is that the cel will normally go off on its own and come back after say 2 or 3 days of driving.

I have used a decent technician and they can't seem to trace where this is coming from. the likely conclusion is that my sensors might be the culprit.

My car is a 2005 ES330.

Meanwhile, i shuddered when Briscoe charged me 120k for 4 brake rotors (discs). . . . . . . . . another unit from Dubai is saying N50k for all 4. Mine is now making a wuu sound once my speed get's to 70km/h and vibrates on braking when speed exceeds 100km/h.

Lol, I dey site with POP cement stains for body, when I'm done with my site and home, we'll try solve this CEL trickery.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
lomomike:

Lol, I dey site with POP cement stains for body, when I'm done with my site and home, we'll try solve this CEL trickery.

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Man must wack men. . . . . .
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Yes, I don show cheesy
Now let's face it, have you checked your fuel pressure vapour lines?

I wish you can lay your hands on pressure leak test mechanism, it will go a long way to help you detect where the leak is. However, you can check the connection terminal joints where your various O2 sensors are, I think your car is a V6 and use a 3 way catalytic converter system, so it has 3 catalysts; 1 in front of the engine behind the radiator, one behind the engine closer to the firewall and the 3rd is under the car itself. (I'm not too sure about that, just hinging imagination from the fact that highlander V6 and rx330 uses a 3way catalytic converter and yours uses same 1mz-fe engine as a Highlander V6 and an RX330). Check the O2 sensors terminals and the catalytic converters, Who knows some loose ends might be playing the tricks.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
Emperoh:
...My car is a 2005 ES330.

Meanwhile, i shuddered when Briscoe charged me 120k for 4 brake rotors (discs). . . . . . . . . another unit from Dubai is saying N50k for all 4. Mine is now making a wuu sound once my speed get's to 70km/h and vibrates on braking when speed exceeds 100km/h...

Which market did you finally settled for? Dubai or Briscoe?

As for the vibration, check your tyre pressure and ensure it is in sync with the manufacturers recommended pressure (check your drivers side door hinge recess for recommended cold tyre pressure in kpa and psi) for alignments issue, If you stay in Kubwa, go to total filling station, ask of those yoruba boys. There's one who is slim and tall from Ondo. He helped my highlander when it was experiencing steering wheel vibrations at 80-100km/h.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 6:56am On Sep 05, 2014
Morning house.
I changed the steering pump yesterday but there's still stiffness.
Mechanic said the old pump wasn't producing enough pressure.
After changing it, he bled it and oil was flowing out while someone was topping it at the container end.
He also greased somewhere he called "the spider".

Now what could be the solution to this cos he told me to bring it back this morning.
Could the old pump still be good so I replace it back and return the new one I got.

Thanks Lomomike for the guidance so far. I appreciate your tutorials bro

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 05, 2014
colossus2: Morning house.
I changed the steering pump yesterday but there's still stiffness.
Mechanic said the old pump wasn't producing enough pressure.
After changing it, he bled it and oil was flowing out while someone was topping it at the container end.
He also greased somewhere he called "the spider".

Now what could be the solution to this cos he told me to bring it back this morning.
Could the old pump still be good so I replace it back and return the new one I got.

Thanks Lomomike for the guidance so far. I appreciate your tutorials bro
I'm glad I was a helper, whenever there's need, do not hesitate to drop it here let's sort it out.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 7:13am On Sep 05, 2014
lomomike:
I'm glad I was a helper, whenever there's need, do not hesitate to drop it here let's sort it out.
Thanks amilli smiley

The steering is not yet free.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 05, 2014
colossus2:
Thanks amilli smiley

The steering is not yet free.

You need not conclude only on the pump, check the steering mechanism, it uses a rack and pinion steering.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2014
lomomike:

Which market did you finally settled for? Dubai or Briscoe?

As for the vibration, check your tyre pressure and ensure it is in sync with the manufacturers recommended pressure (check your drivers side door hinge recess for recommended cold tyre pressure in kpa and psi) for alignments issue, If you stay in Kubwa, go to total filling station, ask of those yoruba boys. There's one who is slim and tall from Ondo. He helped my highlander when it was experiencing steering wheel vibrations at 80-100km/h.

Yea, i was staying in Kubwa until last week. But i am not far off. I stay in Dawaki now so i can always drive over.

The 02 sensor thing was pointing to the catalyst under the engine. I will run a scan and post the codes here.
I used Car-Doctor to do the analysis. And is suggestion was i should change the sensor.

What part of Abuja do you stay? Can we meet up? Maybe a test drive will clarify things further.

per the discs, I haven't made a choice. I say a brand Callahn on Amazon. All four rotors with brake pad for $180.

i am just trying to figure whether to go for it.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Emperoh:

Yea, i was staying in Kubwa until last week. But i am not far off. I stay in Dawaki now so i can always drive over.

The 02 sensor thing was pointing to the catalyst under the engine. I will run a scan and post the codes here.
I used Car-Doctor to do the analysis. And is suggestion was i should change the sensor.

What part of Abuja do you stay? Can we meet up? Maybe a test drive will clarify things further.

per the discs, I haven't made a choice. I say a brand Callahn on Amazon. All four rotors with brake pad for $180.

i am just trying to figure whether to go for it.

If I come into Abuja, I stay in phase 2 site 1 Kubwa, but I am not always in Abuja due to work. I'm mostly in Ibadan for now. Dawaki is after madalla shey?
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
lomomike:

If I come into Abuja, I stay in phase 2 site 1 Kubwa, but I am not always in Abuja due to work. I'm mostly in Ibadan for now. Dawaki is after madalla shey?

Dawaki is before Kubwa. Just opposite Gwarinpa
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Emperoh:

Dawaki is before Kubwa. Just opposite Gwarinpa

Lol e don tey wey I enter Abuja o! No mind me, na dumez I dey think.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
lomomike:

You need not conclude only on the pump, check the steering mechanism, it uses a rack and pinion steering.
It wasn't the fault of the pump bro.
The fault was from where they call "the spider" (dunno if that's it's real name).
Reverted to my old pump and returned the new pump I got.
Steering is free now.
Regards!!!

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
lomomike:

No, your mileage won't revert to zero, however, your 'trip A' and 'trip B' counter will revert to zero.
Bros, I hv tried it several times but the maintenance prompt is still coming on, I hv travelled long dist, d light is now on permanent, pls assist tgether,.
I change oil last week, should I change again, hope d light will not affect d car engine, am in village, still need to travel back to Lag plssssss
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
jimmrozz:
Bros, I hv tried it several times but the maintenance prompt is still
coming on, I hv travelled long dist, d light is now on permanent, pls
assist tgether,.
I change oil last week, should I change again, hope d light will not
affect d car engine, am in village, still need to travel back to Lag
plssssss

what type and spec of oil do you use, did you also changed the filter and replace it with genuine toyota filter?
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2014
v
lomomike:

what type and spec of oil do you use, did you also changed the filter and replace it with genuine toyota filter?
I used Mobil 1, I change d filtre also.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 06, 2014
jimmrozz: v
I used Mobil 1, I change d filtre also.
whats the SAE rating?
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
lomomike:
whats the SAE rating?
Thanks a lot, the prompt is gone, I tried it again and was successful.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
jimmrozz:
Thanks a lot, the prompt is gone, I tried it again and was successful.
oh that's good!
Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaseunla(m): 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
House well done. Wanted to go for an 08 highlander, but couldn't get enough funds. Now I'm thinking of either rx300 or rx330. Any of the years. Please I need your advice as I know next to nothing about lexus. Is there a particular year/trim that is better than the others? What am I to look out for e.t.c. Lomomike et.al. please help a brother out. Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
oluwaseunla: House well done. Wanted to go for an 08 highlander, but couldn't get enough funds. Now I'm thinking of either rx300 or rx330. Any of the years. Please I need your advice as I know next to nothing about lexus. Is there a particular year/trim that is better than the others? What am I to look out for e.t.c. Lomomike et.al. please help a brother out. Thanks.

If you can afford the RX330, go for it! I can't explain more but read thru this Lexus thread from the 1st page to the present page so as to keep abreast with whatsup with RX'es (sic).
Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaseunla(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
lomomike:

If you can afford the RX330, go for it! I can't explain more but read thru this Lexus thread from the 1st page to the present page so as to keep abreast with whatsup with RX'es (sic).

Thank you so much sir. Will inquire about the 2004 rx330 tomorrow.
One more question please, are octane boosters absolutely compulsory? So I should organise how to be getting a regular supply.
God bless.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
oluwaseunla:

Thank you so much sir. Will inquire about the 2004 rx330 tomorrow.
One more question please, are octane boosters absolutely compulsory? So I should organise how to be getting a regular supply.
God bless.

Regular unleaded petrol is okay, if you can lay your hands on octane boosters, it won't be a bad idea.
Re: Club-Lexus by katsim(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2014
My lexus Rx 330 normally shows VSC on dashboard.pls advice me on what to do.ASAP
Thnx
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 10, 2014
katsim: My lexus Rx 330 normally shows VSC on dashboard.pls advice me on what to do.ASAP
Thnx

Is it only VsC or VSC and Check Engine light that shows?
Re: Club-Lexus by moruphb: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2014
hello house,

Good job you guys are doing on here, i want to service my new tokunbo rx300, so i need you guys to help with the best oil to use. i also noticed the fuel consumption is high is it always like that?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 12, 2014
Viewing this topic: colossus2
Bro, any success yet?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 12, 2014
moruphb: hello house,

Good job you guys are doing on here, i want to service my new tokunbo rx300, so i need you guys to help with the best oil to use. i also noticed the fuel consumption is high is it always like that?

Any genuine 5W30 full synthetic oil will do. Use genuine toyota oil filter too. As for your MPG, tell me what's reading on your MPG counter?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
dom: I drive an Rx 300. 2002 model. So far so good. No complaints.
my rx 300 is on the way ..pls wat are the peculia proble....fuel consumption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.