Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (354245 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by tmanis(m): 7:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
Is a Lexus gx470 V8 better than a Toyota sequoia V8?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 14, 2014
tmanis: Is a Lexus gx470 V8 better than a Toyota sequoia V8?

Same engine. But overall, a lexus is a much more better car compared to a toyota when viewed from the point of comfort, luxury, beauty and resale value.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
It's been a crazy month with my car embarassed
Re: Club-Lexus by Chuksaluta(m): 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
please i want to find out if the map of Nigeria can be downloaded to the navigation system. rx330
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
Chuksaluta: please i want to find out if the map of Nigeria can be downloaded to the navigation system. rx330

Sorry you can't have a Nigerian map in your RX330 OEM navigation system, have you considered using your phone/tablet or buying a Nigerian installed stand-alone navigation system from Garmin?
Re: Club-Lexus by drhappy(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Good evening to all the auto gurus on this thread.
I was on Benin-Ore expressway earlier today enroute Ibadan from ASaba and I noticed that the gear of my car(RX300) kept vibrating whenever the speedometer needle got to the 160km/hr(100miles/hr) mark.The car itself didn't vibrate at that speed though.I also realized that the gear vibration was more marked when going uphill.It occurred thrice so I left it between 120 and 140 till I got to Ore without any complaint.
Is this a normal phenomenon for that Lexus brand or something is wrong with the gear box?Car is less than 3 months in my care and I have been paying adequate attention to the manufacturer's instructions.
Nice evening to y'all.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 23, 2014
Hello great Lexus owners,
I recalled I made a promise to update this thread with updates from Clublexus.com. Here is an update I got from 2nd Gen RX 2007 model.

2007 RX Oil Line Failure - Catastrophic Consequences (pictures)
I was driving this, my wife’s car, when she smelled something like oil burning. I looked around for a truck or something, then within twenty seconds the oil light on the dash flashed quickly. I slowed, found a place to pull over and had it towed to the closest Toyota dealer. The nearest Lexus dealer was fifty miles away so we weren't going there.

I watched as the mechanic pulled the shrouding off and found the leak. There was just about no oil in the engine. It had puked its whole oil load out on the highway in under twenty seconds. The mechanic put some oil in it, ran it for about five seconds and got a good oil shower.

It seems that this engine requires some oil cooling and in their infinite wisdom, Toyota ran oil lines outside the block and up to the oil cooler which is some kind of interface with the cooling system. Unbelievably, these high pressure oil lines are rubber. In this case one of the rubber lines had a small leak which was torn open by the pressure.

On the engine, this two hose manifold part is close to the front of the engine, low on the left side (radiator side). In the diagram below, I've colored it red.

A Toyota dealer can't order a Lexus part all that easily, and it took several days for the part to arrive and get installed. At this time the Toyota dealer is unsure of the extent of the engine damage. All the mechanics that looked at this part, and there have been many, shake their heads. Running 80psi (or more) oil in a rubber hose is a time bomb, a guaranteed failure ahead. It was interesting to see that the replacement part is now hard metal pipes, but I believe that the change was not made until the 2012 models. So, at least 2007 to 2011 engines have this fault, and perhaps earlier.

Folks, Mr. Toyoda was called before the United States Congress in February 2010 to explain to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform how Toyota had lost its way in safety, quality and reliability. My engine might be ruined, and I fully believe that the 2007 to 2009 Toyotas are the worst that Toyota has ever manufactured. Junk.

This faulty part is much more dangerous to your vehicle that the VVT oil hose in my opinion. It is the subject of a technical service bulletin. Maybe get yours swapped to the new part. It's maybe $400 to do it, but it might save you some real financial pain.

Source:http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-second-generation/669682-2007-rx-oil-line-failure-catastrophic-consequences-pictures.html

So if you're using a RX350, or your lexus and/or toyota has the 3.5L V6 (revised 3.5-liter 2GR-FE V6 engine) please keep a close observation on that hose.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
oluwaseunla: House well done. Wanted to go for an 08 highlander, but couldn't get enough funds. Now I'm thinking of either rx300 or rx330. Any of the years. Please I need your advice as I know next to nothing about lexus. Is there a particular year/trim that is better than the others? What am I to look out for e.t.c. Lomomike et.al. please help a brother out. Thanks.
guess you finally got the funds.. Congrats,
seems this your first ride sir?

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaseunla(m): 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
Bossforeva: guess you finally got the funds.. Congrats,
seems this your first ride sir?

Thanks bro. Not the first actually. But the first time of taking conscious steps all the way, instead of just closing your eyes and buying anything available. I have nairaland car talk to thank for that.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
oluwaseunla:

Thanks bro. Not the first actually. But the first time of taking conscious steps all the way, instead of just closing your eyes and buying anything available. I have nairaland car talk to thank for that.
Congrats on your latest sets of 'legs' its a sign of progress and we celebrate with you.
Which vehicle did you finally settle for? We need to wash it bro, a picture tells more bro. No forget my fruit wine (any non-alcoholic brand). grin
Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaseunla(m): 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
lomomike:
Congrats on your latest sets of 'legs' its a sign of progress and we celebrate with you.
Which vehicle did you finally settle for? We need to wash it bro, a picture tells more bro. No forget my fruit wine (any non-alcoholic brand). grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1919844/kakakibuy-oluwaseunla-pre-order-2008-toyota

That's the one sir. Will an e-drink do. We have to step up from analogue to digital bro (lol).
Thanks for your advice sir. At least I know one or two things about the Lexus now. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by tunfeek: 9:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
Kindly advice my rx330 shows vsc n check light
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
tunfeek: Kindly advice my rx330 shows vsc n check light

Bro you know the drill first get it scanned.
Re: Club-Lexus by tunfeek: 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
@cne10 OK do u know any reliable place in ikeja.thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
tunfeek: Kindly advice my rx330 shows vsc n check light
What did you do or who worked on it before it started showing red light?
Did you fill your tank up to the brim?
Re: Club-Lexus by tunfeek: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
I'm out if Lagos nw but brother got it scanned for me and I was told it's 02 sensor . something related to the exhaust Pls can u enlighten me further
Re: Club-Lexus by sharpsharp: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
What could be the cause of Rx300 not reaching above 140km/HR, how much will it cost to fix leaking power steering and rear shock absorber?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
sharpsharp post=/post/26830878:
What could be the cause of Rx300 not reaching above 140km/HR, how much will it cost to fix leaking power steering and rear shock absorber?

It might be electronically limited or if you installed a tracking device, you must had activated the speed limit function or a gear stuck in a lower gear. If none of these are the issues, a scan will reveal what's wrong.
Re: Club-Lexus by ikuoma4rea: 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
Anyone experience water pump faulty on lexus rx350 2009.really painful cos I just got d suv not up to 2mnths.
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 1:34am On Oct 04, 2014
5 years and water pump is already faulty? Are you sure vehicle was not submerged in water, in a previous life?
Re: Club-Lexus by sharpsharp: 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
Thanks for your response @lomomike. I still need to know what it will cost to fix the leaking power steering pump and rear shock absorber.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
sharpsharp:
Thanks for your response @lomomike. I still need to know what it will cost to fix the leaking power steering pump and rear shock absorber.
Power steering pump costs between 12k-15k
Re: Club-Lexus by sharpsharp: 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
@colossus2 thanks for the price info.
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
Barka de salah.
pls, I need help n advice,
each time, I climb hill or suddely jump on a bumb, there is alway a heavy noise from the boot as if one heavy iron fall on another iron. Hv check d shorcks but ok, its RX 350. pls advice.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
jimmrozz:
Barka de salah.
pls, I need help n advice,
each time, I climb hill or suddely jump on a bumb, there is alway a heavy noise from the boot as if one heavy iron fall on another iron. Hv check d shorcks but ok, its RX 350. pls advice.
Take out your spare tyre, check the rear differential, shaft bushings etc and when you're done checking these parts, refit your spare tyre SECURELY.
Re: Club-Lexus by drhappy(m): 4:23am On Oct 06, 2014
@jimmrozz:sounds like some of your car's metallic accessories(jack,wheel spanner,turning rod etc) are close together.You might have to separate them and observe the outcome before acting again.Talking from my personal experience.
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
lomomike:

Take out your spare tyre, check the rear differential, shaft bushings etc and when you're done checking these parts, refit your spare tyre SECURELY.
Ok, I ll check and revert.
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 2:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
drhappy:
@jimmrozz:sounds like some of your car's metallic accessories(jack,wheel spanner,turning rod etc) are close together.You might have to separate them and observe the outcome before acting again.Talking from my personal experience.
my accessories are well fitted and seperated, d noise is much heavier than d accessories
Re: Club-Lexus by Dexmars(m): 11:02am On Oct 31, 2014
Hi all,

This our club lexus is one big family oh!

My GX470 2004 model is having brake issues.

Changed my brake pads and since then it has had a soft mushy feel. Presently i have to pump the brakes to hold effectively. One time the brakes went flat to the floor...i had to release and press down again.

Thought it was air trapped in the brake lines and even after bleeding twice...its still not firm.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
Dexmars:
Hi all,

This our club lexus is one big family oh!

My GX470 2004 model is having brake issues.

Changed my brake pads and since then it has had a soft mushy feel. Presently i have to pump the brakes to hold effectively. One time the brakes went flat to the floor...i had to release and press down again.

Thought it was air trapped in the brake lines and even after bleeding twice...its still not firm.

Since you have checked for trapped air bubbles, I suspect your master cylinder.
NB: Driving a brake - less V8 is equivalent to having a loaded gun !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Dexmars(m): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Since you have checked for trapped air bubbles, I suspect your master cylinder.
NB: Driving a brake - less V8 is equivalent to having a loaded gun !!!!!

You are absolutely right (the loaded gun).

The camry feels fragile so very unlike my old faithful GX470

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.