Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353384 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by diego13: 6:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lexus is pleasure on the road
Re: Club-Lexus by Export1: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lexus

advantages:
- fuel economy, high-tech feeling, roomy interior, plenty of cargo space.

disadvantages:
-High price
Re: Club-Lexus by Akeem478: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2014
WHICH IS BETTER, LEXUS RX330 VS RX350 OF SAME YR 2009, pls advice me 07088686985 or damyem1@yahoo.com cos both looks alike
Re: Club-Lexus by ExpressBooking(m): 1:39am On Nov 03, 2014
I have a 2002 RX300 AWD model. sometimes when I slow down in traffic or drive slowly and about to pace up I usually notice the vehicle trying to forcefully come to a halt which it overcomes and starts running smoothly till I get to traffic again. sometimes it does not happen at all. whenever it happens there is a light at the dashboard which flashes,showing a vehicle skidding off but not the VSC light.
I have serviced the callipers and changed kit, checked gear oil, Axle oil and Auxiliary oil and they are found to be okay yet this continues to happen to my car of about 5months. please I need help on this
Re: Club-Lexus by okadbest(m): 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hi all,

We are searching for a naija used Rx300 01 to 03 (used in Naija for not more than 1year) to buy.

Full options and clean.

Also looking for an experienced mechanic with workshop around Yaba or Surulere.

All help will be appreciated.
Re: Club-Lexus by basisop(m): 2:55am On Nov 11, 2014
My RX300 takes time to pick up speed when I accelerate or try to speed up suddenly. It drags with a lot of sound like power bike before picking up but it normalizes though. Please advise. Also when I start the car and try climb a small stone, I found out that I accelerate well before it climbs. I also observed that my tyres don't screech like my other car.

In summary, I feel the power of RX300 is low.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2014
basisop:
My RX300 takes time to pick up speed when I accelerate or try to speed up suddenly. It drags with a lot of sound like power bike before picking up but it normalizes though. Please advise. Also when I start the car and try climb a small stone, I found out that I accelerate well before it climbs. I also observed that my tyres don't screech like my other car.

In summary, I feel the power of RX300 is low.

I don't understand what you wrote bro, but do you mean your car revs hard but don't engage gear quickly?
Can it maintain a reasonable speed when going up a hill?

Did you do any repairs/service on this car, if yes, what did you service/change/repair and why did you repair it?
I need these info

All the same, scan that car with a good scanner which can take readings of engine and transmissions and post the codes here.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 15, 2014
Lexus active driver safety system prevents accidents caused by innattention

With the aim of reducing the many road accidents caused by simple inattention, Lexus has introduced an active and intelligent new driver safety system using six cameras that monitor your face as you drive.

If there’s an obstacle in your path and your head’s turned the wrong way, this clever car will hit the anchors for you. The system also incorporates active headrests designed to minimize injury in the event of a rear-end collision.

The new Lexus LS 600h goes on sale next month and will feature the very latest in pre-crash safety technology using a system that keeps an eye – or six eyes to be exact – on the driver and his or her concentration levels.

The world’s first Driver Monitoring System forms part of the advanced Pre-Crash Safety (PCS) system which brings together a series of features that can recognize a potentially dangerous situation, help the driver take avoiding action and reduce the risk of a collision happening. If there is an impact, they also work to help minimize the consequences.

The system uses an algorithm to map the position of the driver’s facial features and monitors movement of the driver’s head. A CCD (charge-coupled device) camera is mounted on top of the steering column with six built-in near-infrared LED’s which allow the system to work accurately both day and night.

When the vehicle is started up, the system automatically plots the position of the driver’s facial features – eyes, nose and mouth – and measures the width and center line of the face. If the driver’s head is turned away from the road at an angle of more than 15 degrees when the vehicle is moving and an obstacle is detected ahead, the system automatically activates the Pre-Crash warning buzzer and briefly applies the brakes to warn of the danger.

If this still fails to prompt action from the driver, the PCS engages emergency braking preparation and pre-tensioning of the front seatbelts.

Before being put into production, the system was tested with more than 100 drivers, covering a total of more than 60,000 miles. As long as the driver’s face is in the clear sight-line of the camera, it will function accurately, regardless of the driver’s seat position, facial characteristics, or if sunglasses are being worn.

As well as scanning the driver’s face and the road ahead, the Lexus LS is also looking behind you with its Rear Pre-Crash Safety System.

A rear-mounted miniature camera constantly monitors the area around the back of the car. If it detects an imminent collision, the front seat headrests will automatically move up and forwards to cushion the occupants’ heads and help prevent whiplash injury. The system operates whether the car is moving or stationary.

If a collision is calculated to be unavoidable, the system activates the front seat Pre-Crash Intelligent Headrests. These will move up to 60mm forwards and 35mm upwards to cushion the head in anticipation of an impact, greatly reducing the risk of whiplash injury. The headrests are fitted with a sensor that measures the distance between the passenger’s head and the headrest itself, so there is no risk of the emergency adjustment itself causing substantial contact. The system does not operate if the seat is unoccupied.

These systems will be fitted as standard on the LS 600h and LS 600h L (long wheel base) as well as the LS 460, launched earlier this year

Source: http://www.gizmag.com/go/7967/

The Driver's Monitoring System was launched in 2006 and was first available in Lexus LS and GS models.
Re: Club-Lexus by adetboy: 12:58am On Nov 17, 2014
Hi guys,
Does mileage consideration really matter in the purchase of rx330/350. If it does,what mileage will you consider appropriate to buy?
I also hear tht dealers tamper with mileage reading of vehicles they want to sell. How do you identity a doctored one when you see it.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 3:52am On Nov 17, 2014
Getting a C1202 fault code. Something to do with ABS.
Any suggestions?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 17, 2014
Emperoh:
Getting a C1202 fault code. Something to do with ABS.
Any suggestions?

C1202 ABS Outlet Valve Coil Rear Circuit
Failure
Source: www.elektrik-avto.ru/index/obdii_chassis/0-411
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2014
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of the Lexus marque.

Do you know you can decode the factory technical specification sheet of your Lexus motor car/SUV in www.clublexus.com via your car's VIN?

I just checked mine, I was amazed at what I saw. It was pretty impressive.

Visit: www.clublexus.com/forums/vindecoder.php

You can also do a tyre rim calculation in www.clublexus.com

To calculate your tyre rim, Visit: www.clublexus.com/forums/tire_rim_calculator.php

When you do, please do tell us your experience.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2014
Good days house, compliment of the season.
Please, My lexus RX350, 2008 model has an indicator light for tire presure constantly on, I have even change two tires and gauge all the tires but the light is still on, I have also notice that it consume more fuel than before. kindly assist.

Also, I always notice heavy jam at the back as if heavy metal fall on another metal each time I try to climb hill or bumb.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
jimmrozz:
Good days house, compliment of the season.
Please, My lexus RX350, 2008 model has an indicator light for tire presure constantly on, I have even change two tires and gauge all the tires but the light is still on, I have also notice that it consume more fuel than before. kindly assist.

Also, I always notice heavy jam at the back as if heavy metal fall on another metal each time I try to climb hill or bumb.

Check the pressure of each tyre and ensure they match the manufacturers cold tyre pressure indicated on the sticker by the drivers door B pillar. If they match, park your car, Press and hold the button for some seconds till the tyre pressure indicator blinks 3 times, and then drive above 30Km/hr for some kilometers. If the tyre pressure indicator still shows, check the sonar in the tyre.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
lomomike:

Check the pressure of each tyre and ensure they match the manufacturers cold tyre pressure indicated on the sticker by the drivers door B pillar. If they match, park your car, Press and hold the button for some seconds till the tyre pressure indicator blinks 3 times, and then drive above 30Km/hr for some kilometers. If the tyre pressure indicator still shows, check the sonar in the tyre.

Thanks Bro, Please, which button should I press for some seconds.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 14, 2014
jimmrozz:

Thanks Bro, Please, which button should I press for some seconds.

This button with yellow colour labelled 'TPMS set benchmark'

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Pesuzok(m): 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
I drive a 2007 ES350, each time i accelerate to 110km/hr my steering wheel starts vibrating. Please what is the cause and how do i correct it?
Re: Club-Lexus by vikeb(m): 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
Good day all,kindly assist on this issue.I have an rx330 which i just got.Its displays VSC TRAC OFF on the dash board and all effort in trying to know what the issue is proved abortive.can someone pls assist on this pls?Also as i start the car each morning,i experience a black smoke from d exhaust tho slightly.But apart from these the car works fine.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
Pesuzok:
I drive a 2007 ES350, each time i accelerate to 110km/hr my steering wheel starts vibrating. Please what is the cause and how do i correct it?

Carry out tyre alignment and balancing at a competent tyre garage. This should sort out the issue.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
vikeb:
Good day all,kindly assist on this issue.I have an rx330 which i just got.Its displays VSC TRAC OFF on the dash board and all effort in trying to know what the issue is proved abortive.can someone pls assist on this pls?Also as i start the car each morning,i experience a black smoke from d exhaust tho slightly.But apart from these the car works fine.

What did you do to the car that caused the VSC and TRAC off to show?

Does Check Engine Light show too?
I need honest reply so I can tell you what to do.
DON'T let anyone tamper with that car yet.
Re: Club-Lexus by Pesuzok(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
lomomike:

Carry out tyre alignment and balancing at a competent tyre garage. This should sort out the issue.

thanks, i will do that
Re: Club-Lexus by vikeb(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
@ lomomike,I got the car from cotonou nd did all d papers.D car never had all that sign as i went to buy it myself.I noticed it as d driver brought it to nigeria.Yes the check light is on.Am sincere
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
vikeb:
@ lomomike,I got the car from cotonou nd did all d papers.D car never had all that sign as i went to buy it myself.I noticed it as d driver brought it to nigeria.Yes the check light is on.Am sincere

Did your driver filled up the tank to the brim?
Re: Club-Lexus by vikeb(m): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
Think so
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
vikeb:
Think so

If he filled up the tank to the brim, there's a possibility of the following:

1. The fuel cap isn't propely closed and tightend till a click is heard; if it is, then the fuel cap is bad and needs to be replaced.

2. Some quantity of fuel seeped into the evap pressure hole (a small hole near the moth of the fuel tank inlet) and the fuel has contacted the Evap. charcoal canister and this needs to be checked together with the VSV valve anyone found defective must be replaced.

3. Any of the pressure hose in the engine is opened or having a leak somethere along the line. This must be traced and corrected.

4. Any or some of your O2 sensors, O2 heater, Catalytic converter is bad and must be replaced.

To first start with, get that car scanned 1st and post the codes here let's help you out.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by vikeb(m): 5:21am On Dec 17, 2014
@lomomike,thanks so much!I shall do a scan and get back.
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 9:19am On Dec 17, 2014
lomomike:

This button with yellow colour labelled 'TPMS set benchmark'

Ok, I ll do as advice and revert.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 10:58am On Dec 17, 2014
So i got a complete set of Callahan brand brake rotors and correspondent ceramic brake pads.
Will need to change them see if the high speed vibrations abate.

Lomomike wetin you think?

I have also chosen to ignore the check light triggered by the catalyst inefficiency.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 17, 2014
Emperoh:
So i got a complete set of Callahan brand brake rotors and correspondent ceramic brake pads.
Will need to change them see if the high speed vibrations abate.

Lomomike wetin you think?

I have also chosen to ignore the check light triggered by the catalyst inefficiency.

I don't know about Callahan, hope they meet or even surpass manufacturers specification.

If I were in your shoes, I'd take some days off, remove the catalytic converter, soak it in detergent mixed with distilled water bath for say over night, check the O2 sensors and Heater Sensors for efficiency, if they are bad, I'd replace them but I'd install spacers before re-installing the heater or O2 sensor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.