Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353928 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Barywhyte(m): 9:48am On Oct 28, 2021
lexini:
Plate number hanger?

Honestly dunno, it came with the car so I just moved it from the old bumper to this one…

Cool
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
ojeysky:

Hello my sister, do you always see 11mpg on your RDX or more? While I love the performance of the rdx the fuel still occasionally make me shiver grin
what year is yours? But no matter the year you should be seeing at least 14 to 18 miles per gallon. On the lower end if it's the turbo version. Yours seems like it's eating a little too much.
Re: Club-Lexus by ojeysky(m): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
radautoworks:

what year is yours? But no matter the year you should be seeing at least 14 to 18 miles per gallon. On the lower end if it's the turbo version. Yours seems like it's eating a little too much.

It's the 09 turbo certainly not getting 14mpg... Best I do on full thank is 200 miles....no cell lights.
Re: Club-Lexus by incogni2o: 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Both of you are mad

Gazzuzz, you dey fall my hand oh.

Firstly, to charge me 10K just to diagnose fault without fixing.

Secondly calling two people mad out of the blue.

I even think say you be highly respectable person.

5 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
incogni2o:

Gun was not used. You didn't like it , you stayed away or took it elsewhere, life goes on.

You must not bring personal issues to nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
incogni2o:

Do they seem normal?
Re: Club-Lexus by incogni2o: 8:24am On Oct 29, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Gun was not used. You didn't like it , you stayed away or took it elsewhere, life goes on.

Nope, issue not fixed yet.

It's OK , no vex Bro.

Enjoy and have a blast tgif.

The motor go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
ojeysky:

It's the 09 turbo certainly not getting 14mpg... Best I do on full thank is 200 miles....no cell lights.
has it been scanned?
Re: Club-Lexus by ojeysky(m): 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
radautoworks:
has it been scanned?

Sure I have scanned it no error, although I observed my trims were both negative

Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 10:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

As a nation, we don't like paying for services.... We don't value our services sector.........

You spend 3 hours of your time to diagnose the problem, client takes fix elsewhere...... Who pays for your time?..... tongue

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

As a nation, we don't like paying for services.... We don't value our services sector.........

You spend 3 hours of your time to diagnose the problem, client takes fix elsewhere...... Who pays for your time?..... tongue

The lords work wink

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by alejandro72(m): 12:26am On Oct 30, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Tracking, balancing, overinflated tyres, mismatched tyres, upper/lower suspension arm, ball joints, suspension damage, warped discs(front/rear) etc etc

Thank you thank you
I found myself here! �
Re: Club-Lexus by alejandro72(m): 12:41am On Oct 30, 2021
I would appreciate it if someone can recommend a good Lexus mechanic in Ibadan.
Cos my eye don see!!
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 12:56am On Oct 30, 2021
alejandro72:
Cos my eye don see!!

Any good Toyota technician, can perfectly work on a Lexus...........

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by homeboy205: 9:59am On Oct 30, 2021
alejandro72:
Cos my eye don see!!

I am in Ibadan and I just started driving Lexus,

It depends on the problem you are having with your Lexus. For me, I have a pocket scanning device which I use to scan for engine troubles and most time it’s always something I can fix myself.

But I have reliable boys at the back of the prison yard who help me with the legs…

I have been using them for years because any mechanic you took your car to in Ibadan is still coming to gate to buy the part. That is why I love the prison yard right beside the market

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by shegonchy(m): 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Please house help a brother. I just acquired a 2003 RX300 AWD model. sometimes when I slow down in traffic or drive slowly and about to pace up I usually notice the vehicle trying to forcefully come to a halt which it overcomes and starts running smoothly till I get to traffic again. sometimes it does not happen at all. whenever it happens there is a light at the dashboard which flashes,showing a vehicle skidding off but not the VSC light.
Also is it possible for all the four door actuators to go bad? The central lock function on the drivers control board only clicks but not locking or opening all four doors.
Please I need help on this. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2021
shegonchy:
Please house help a brother. I just acquired a 2003 RX300 AWD model. sometimes when I slow down in traffic or drive slowly and about to pace up I usually notice the vehicle trying to forcefully come to a halt which it overcomes and starts running smoothly till I get to traffic again. sometimes it does not happen at all. whenever it happens there is a light at the dashboard which flashes,showing a vehicle skidding off but not the VSC light.
Please I need help on this. Thanks in anticipation

Your skid control or yaw rate sensor is out of sync or bad... Have the car scanned and post codes.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by alejandro72(m): 1:33am On Nov 03, 2021
homeboy205:

I am in Ibadan and I just started driving Lexus,

It depends on the problem you are having with your Lexus. For me, I have a pocket scanning device which I use to scan for engine troubles and most time it’s always something I can fix myself.

But I have reliable boys at the back of the prison yard who help me with the legs…

I have been using them for years because any mechanic you took your car to in Ibadan is still coming to gate to buy the part. That is why I love the prison yard right beside the market
okay, thank you.
Re: Club-Lexus by homeboy205: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
alejandro72:
okay, thank you.

Careful with baranda, they are more worse than your regular mechanic
Re: Club-Lexus by Arrogantbro(m): 6:47am On Nov 04, 2021
Please When I drive my Rx350 and approach a stop sign or start braking towards a car the vehicle jerks forward a little. Noticed this since last week. What could be the problem ?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:53am On Nov 04, 2021
Arrogantbro:
Please When I drive my Rx350 and approach a stop sign or start braking towards a car the vehicle jerks forward a little. Noticed this since last week. What could be the problem ?

Have it checked out by a competent technician. Is the car misfiring?
Re: Club-Lexus by Arrogantbro(m): 7:40am On Nov 04, 2021
kingreign:

Have it checked out by a competent technician. Is the car misfiring?
Ok, no misfiring, everything working fine except the jerking when I apply brake
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:46am On Nov 04, 2021
Arrogantbro:
Ok, no misfiring, everything working fine except the jerking when I apply brake

Where's your location? These things can't be remotely diagnosed. Have a competent garage check it.
Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 9:03am On Nov 04, 2021
Is this check engine light??

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2021
KolaShangOne:
Is this check engine light??
No, it's a tyre pressure monitoring system.
Is your car an RX330 or RX350?
Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 9:22am On Nov 04, 2021
kingreign:

No, it's a tyre pressure monitoring system.
Is your car an RX330 or RX350?

Its a 330
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Its a 330
Under the driver's side dashboard, there's a black button to reset TPMS.

Inflate all your car tyres to 30psi minimum (I usually recommend 33psi). Turn on your ignition to 'ACC' and allow all dash light show up, press that 'TPMS button' and hold it till the TPMS blinks. After wards, drive at speeds above 40km/h.

If it doesn't go off, scan the car abs and tpms.

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by 9icetoo(m): 10:55am On Nov 04, 2021
Arrogantbro:
Check your transmission and engine mount if no misfires present.
Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
kingreign:

Under the driver's side dashboard, there's a black button to reset TPMS.

Inflate all your car tyres to 30psi minimum (I usually recommend 33psi). Turn on your ignition to 'ACC' and allow all dash light show up, press that 'TPMS button' and hold it till the TPMS blinks. After wards, drive at speeds above 40km/h.

If it doesn't go off, scan the car abs and tpms.

Thank you.

And thanks for the other car too..

When I get back to town, I will do this.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by CashVessel(m): 6:02am On Nov 05, 2021
Please I would like to know if anyone here has noticed this issue with the Lexus RX 2010; The transmission.jerks.when changing after the engine has warmed up. There is an indication on the dashboard showing check engine, but clears when the engine is cool. My mechanic said it is the module in the transmission that needs to be changed. I have previously changed the transmission oil and cleaned the filter not long ago, so that's out of it. Please I need your thoughts here as a second opinion if you have experienced same.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2021
CashVessel:
Please I would like to know if anyone here has noticed this issue with the Lexus RX 2010; The transmission.jerks.when changing after the engine has warmed up. There is an indication on the dashboard showing check engine, but clears when the engine is cool. My mechanic said it is the module in the transmission that needs to be changed. I have previously changed the transmission oil and cleaned the filter not long ago, so that's out of it. Please I need your thoughts here as a second opinion if you have experienced same.

Better scan the car and post codes here so we can assist you with your challenge.
Re: Club-Lexus by KMVBO(m): 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
Lexus GX470. 2004
Brand new not Tokunbo ignition coil wanted
Email babatundeadekoya@msn.com
Whassap +353 852423236
Thank you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.