Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353922 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by BarrSly: 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2021
Lol you are lucky to get yours at that figure.. I got mine at 250k .
Swaginton:
Good afternoon guys. My 2009 Lexus is250 has steering rack failure that has completely stiffened the steering. The mechanic I met is quoting 150-200k for the rack. Abeg is this true or is he inflating the price. I will also like other suggestions

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by akplatnum2005(m): 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
Kindly add me to the lexus WhatsApp group. Thank you
070 3231 04 71
Re: Club-Lexus by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2021
DanielsParker:
Hello Guru.. I have some issues with my Lexus ES 300 2003 model
first. My car shakes .. I don’t know if that’s the right word to use , or will I say I get little vibrations when I’m not in motion. Like if I off ac, it starts to vibrate when I’m static.

Secondly. When I stop and shift gear to P’ ignition goes off , but dashboard lights will still be on. Then I see the battery signal on the dashboard..

What could be the cause of these issues ?
plenty things, scan it first.
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 5:38am On Aug 12, 2021
BarrSly:
Lol you are lucky to get yours at that figure.. I got mine at 250k .
big boy car, big boy problems
Re: Club-Lexus by BarrSly: 2:44am On Aug 13, 2021
Exact words of one of my colleagues. grin
radautoworks:
big boy car, big boy problems

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 9:30am On Aug 17, 2021
Please can someone tell me what could be the problem.. It showed this morning with check awd system cc Kingreign

Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2021
austino677:
Please can someone tell me what could be the problem.. It showed this morning with check awd system cc Kingreign

Have your vehicle scanned, to reveal fault codes.........

Why is your traction control, turned off? You no trust computer........ cheesy
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Have your vehicle scanned, to reveal fault codes.........

Why is your traction control, turned off? You no trust computer........ cheesy
ok i will go for a scan... I trust computer oo... Hopefully it should be a minor issue.. Someone said i should remove one head battery and put it back.. Might be system malfunction
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
austino677:
ok i will go for a scan... I trust computer oo... Hopefully it should be a minor issue

Best you buy a scanner...... I would recommend buying Carly.........

Owners of vehicles, MUST invest in a scan tool........
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Best you buy a scanner...... I would recommend buying Carly.........

Owners of vehicles, MUST invest in a scan tool........
how much does it cost works for most vehicles? I really need it... Can it detect out body faults like tie-rod.. Wheel hub etc? Where can I buy it thanks bro
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
austino677:
how much does it cost works for most vehicles? I really need it... Can it detect out body faults like tie-rod.. Wheel hub etc? Where can I buy it thanks bro

I doubt any scanner would pick up on tie rods & hubs...... For those, you need physical inspection.....

$9 - $150...... Higher end scan tools can fetch over $2000.00........

https://www.mycarly.com/
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I doubt any scanner would pick up on tie rods & hubs...... For those, you need physical inspection.....

$9 - $150...... Higher end scan tools can fetch over $2000.00........

https://www.mycarly.com/
$2k shocked
Re: Club-Lexus by Viking007(m): 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
austino677:
$2k shocked
$2,000 is small change for odogwu like you. cheesy
Re: Club-Lexus by tunlapapa: 4:20am On Aug 18, 2021
austino677:

The BEST solution is to disconnect your battery terminals and reconnect after 5mins.
Try this and thank me.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 5:38am On Aug 18, 2021
austino677:

This is an Rx350 if I'm not mistaken. Pls scan the vehicle and post codes. If you're in Abuja, call 07034581213 for scan and repair.
Gazzuzz is also highly recommended if you're in Lagos.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 5:40am On Aug 18, 2021
tunlapapa:

The BEST solution is to disconnect your battery terminals and reconnect after 5mins.
Try this and thank me.
That you do thus doesn't mean everybody should emulate your shoddy practice when it comes to vehicle repairs. Pls, if you can't advice properly, and in a manner that won't cause harm/damage, quit advicing.

Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by tunlapapa: 5:45am On Aug 18, 2021
kingreign:

That you do thus doesn't mean everybody should emulate your shoddy practice when it comes to vehicle repairs. Pls, if you can't advice properly, and in a manner that won't cause harm/damage, quit advicing.

Thanks.

So what I did that gave a solution to same problem I had is "shoddy" as you said?
That process resets/clears errors from the ECU, then if it shows up after reseting means it's a serious problem.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:29am On Aug 18, 2021
tunlapapa:

So what I did that gave a solution to same problem I had is "shoddy" as you said?
That process resets/clears errors from the ECU, then if it shows up after reseting means it's a serious problem.

Try this with cars with some very dangerous codes or cars with more temperamental electronics and unforgiving computers, when you finally disable the car, then, you'd understand better.

No need quoting you cos you obviously have no idea what car troubleshooting or repairs is.
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2021
Viking007:
$2,000 is small change for odogwu like you. cheesy
boss that's 1m+...na to open mechanic workshop be that
Re: Club-Lexus by tunlapapa: 7:21am On Aug 18, 2021
kingreign:

Try this with cars with some very dangerous codes or cars with more temperamental electronics and unforgiving computers, when you finally disable the car, then, you'd understand better.

No need quoting you cos you obviously have no idea what car troubleshooting or repairs is.

And you failed to understand what you read, "it worked on my vehicle when I had same problem ".

I am talking about corolla 16.
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 7:22am On Aug 18, 2021
kingreign:

This is an Rx350 if I'm not mistaken. Pls scan the vehicle and post codes. If you're in Abuja, call 07034581213 for scan and repair.
Gazzuzz is also highly recommended if you're in Lagos.
yeah rx 350... Its due for a scan though.. Lagos.. Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 7:24am On Aug 18, 2021
tunlapapa:

Try this and thank me.
yeah it do work... Especially if the fuel cap is not tight properly
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:46am On Aug 18, 2021
austino677:
yeah rx 350... Its due for a scan though.. Lagos.. Thanks
Chat me up 07034581213; Tonight, I'll be in Lagos. Tomorrow we could meet if it's okay by you so I can do a free scan.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2021
tunlapapa:

And you failed to understand what you read, "it worked on my vehicle when I had same problem ".

I am talking about corolla 16.
It doesn't resolve the problem. That's what you don't understand. In some more complex cars, that act can damage, shut down /disable parts or components.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 10:43am On Aug 19, 2021
austino677:
it automatically went off by itself

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaleokey: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2021
Hey guys
Could this mean my catalyst is bad?
I ran a scan and got this result
P0420
P0430
P0128
I didn't really understood the responses Google submitted...plenty post that I end up confused �
Any assistant will be highly appreciated

2005 lexus es 330

Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 12:44am On Aug 21, 2021
oluwaleokey:
Hey guys
Could this mean my catalyst is bad?
I ran a scan and got this result
P0420
P0430
P0128
I didn't really understood the responses Google submitted...plenty post that I end up confused �
Any assistant will be highly appreciated

2005 lexus es 330

Post & Pre catalyst sensors are faulty + possibly your vehicles thermostat, your kazeem don comot am...... cheesy

So I would confidently say, the removal of your thermostat, ruined you CCS......... wink
Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaleokey: 3:48am On Aug 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Post & Pre catalyst sensors are faulty + possibly your vehicles thermostat, your kazeem don comot am...... cheesy

So I would confidently say, the removal of your thermostat, ruined you CCS......... wink

Many thanks bro
Could this as well causes sudden over heating, rise in temperature...kazeem said the radiator is blocked and needs to be washed
N:b car parked for a long while
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 4:32am On Aug 21, 2021
oluwaleokey:

Many thanks bro
Could this as well causes sudden over heating, rise in temperature...kazeem said the radiator is blocked and needs to be washed
N:b car parked for a long while

If vehicle is overheating, loads of things could be responsible......

It could be your radiator or head gasket damage.......

Have you conducted a compression test?....... If the radiator is the issue, that would be a very simple and easy fix.......

If your issue is the head gasket, unfortunately you need to start saving for a better replacement engine......

NB : If you are about to buy this vehicle, get the price of a replacement engine + cost of fixing, and factor all this costs in your final offering price.........
Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaleokey: 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

If vehicle is overheating, loads of things could be responsible......

It could be your radiator or head gasket damage.......

Have you conducted a compression test?....... If the radiator is the issue, that would be a very simple and easy fix.......

If your issue is the head gasket, unfortunately you need to start saving for a better replacement engine......

NB : If you are about to buy this vehicle, get the price of a replacement engine + cost of fixing, and factor all this costs in your final offering price.........

Bro my heart don skip
Am about to buy it at a good considerable price and owner said I can test run for 2 weeks or so although I deposited part...to complete after inspection...

Like I said earlier, a kazeem said its the radiator however what signs or symptoms could I possibly notice for a damaged head gasket? Was thinking the car would be making a funny knocking sound sort of... once learnt, to ascertain damaged engine top, you open the radiator cover in the morning and start the engine, if the water is steady n stable while engine is running then its cool but if otherwise then..this i have done...do you think this claim is not professional

I am really bothered you know,the car is clean & sound except this overheating that occurs once in a while (say 3-4days intervals if i don't top water) and when this happens, I chill for a while top water and it car jacks back to life...

I no need headache abeg, my mind cut as you mentioned engine... e better make I jejely Park car biko

Pardon my plenty talks
Appreciate your inputs
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 12:20am On Aug 22, 2021
oluwaleokey:

Bro my heart don skip
Am about to buy it at a good considerable price and owner said I can test run for 2 weeks or so although I deposited part...to complete after inspection...

Like I said earlier, a kazeem said its the radiator however what signs or symptoms could I possibly notice for a damaged head gasket? Was thinking the car would be making a funny knocking sound sort of... once learnt, to ascertain damaged engine top, you open the radiator cover in the morning and start the engine, if the water is steady n stable while engine is running then its cool but if otherwise then..this i have done...do you think this claim is not professional

I am really bothered you know,the car is clean & sound except this overheating that occurs once in a while (say 3-4days intervals if i don't top water) and when this happens, I chill for a while top water and it car jacks back to life...

I no need headache abeg, my mind cut as you mentioned engine... e better make I jejely Park car biko

Pardon my plenty talks
Appreciate your inputs

What would happen to a camel in the dessert, loaded to brim...... But only dehydrates at an interval of 3 - 4 days........ wink

The owner of the vehicle + you, dey relay race....... Hin wan pass hin baton of wàhálà to you......

Before you conclude this deal, get a proper technician with super duper scan tool (not those N4K scanners).....

Whilst waiting on the roadside, for engine to cool down, before quenching it's taste...... Area Boys show, wetin you go do..... wink

It would cost you about N20K for inspection or be prepared to spend more, treating high blood pressure.... wink

When you start suffering from LEXPHILIS........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaleokey: 7:07am On Aug 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

What would happen to a camel in the dessert, loaded to brim...... But only dehydrates at an interval of 3 - 4 days........ wink

The owner of the vehicle + you, dey relay race....... Hin wan pass hin baton of wàhálà to you......

Before you conclude this deal, get a proper technician with super duper scan tool (not those N4K scanners).....

Whilst waiting on the roadside, for engine to cool down, before quenching it's taste...... Area Boys show, wetin you go do..... wink

It would cost you about N20K for inspection or be prepared to spend more, treating high blood pressure.... wink

When you start suffering from LEXPHILIS........ cheesy

I get your point...
Will look for where to conduct the compression test as well professional inspection however are you anywhere around the south Eastern States?
If not can you recommend anyone
Many thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.