Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,803 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. (43613 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Where Is The Change!!! Donald Trump Insults Nigeria Administration. / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

Again, which truth? Did Obama go out and hire scammers to build his website? Na wa for some people.
seems you don't understand why I said truth hurts. Go back and read my comment and check the some reactions of some people commenting so far.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by eightsin(m): 6:57am On Oct 23, 2013
Not his fault bt he shld b cautioned tho.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Whitecoal711: 6:57am On Oct 23, 2013
if na other coun3 una for don dey run una mouth now na us una no fit retaliate ;Dif na other coun3 una for don dey run una mouth now na us una no fit retaliate
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 23, 2013
berem: seems you don't understand why I said truth hurts. Go back and read my comment and check the some reactions of some people commenting so far.

No, I don't understand it at all. The topic is the US president and the failing ACA website, not Nigerians. The president didn't hire rogue Nigerians to run his website. So again, which truth?

Because a slowpoke like Ted Cruz mentioned 419ers doesn't mean we should ignore his stupidity and in fact glorify him for speaking nonsense you and others are distorting as truth. If only you knew the kind of stupidity he represents, then you wouldn't call anything from his rotten lips truth.

4 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

Again, which truth? Did Obama go out and hire scammers to build his website? Na wa for some people.
Help me ask them o
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by africapunch: 7:04am On Oct 23, 2013
Na waa 2 u! !
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by lagosph: 7:05am On Oct 23, 2013
Aleast he confirmed that scaming has gone down in naija but its thanks to fresh air not obamacare
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 23, 2013
CFCfan: Help me ask them o

I taya. The same stupid Cruz has no clue that Nigerians make up most of the African Americans/Blacks in top jobs nationwide, from healthcare, to engineering, to even education. And some people want to call his trash truth. Madness.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by collynzo2(m): 7:10am On Oct 23, 2013
lagosph: Aleast he confirmed that scamming has gone down in naija but its thanks to fresh air not obamacare
You are right o! Up GEJ!
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by MacLovington(m): 7:13am On Oct 23, 2013
emmysenior: Can't he express himself without insulting others?
Some people are just pathetic and silly at the same time.

Though, it's not his fault, rather, that of some st*pid idiots who can't figure out ways to live apart from scamming unsuspecting victims.

Bernard Madoff, possibly one of the single biggest scammers known to man, is he Nigerian? No he's American.

Where was this bigot when Madoff was "making off" with $50 billion ? Such rich scammers are acceptable to him and his co-hort.

But they won't allow ordinary and poor American families get healthcare.

Ignorant smelling he-goat.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by 2old4that(m): 7:19am On Oct 23, 2013
Its a wakeup call as a nation.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

No, I don't understand it at all. The topic is the US president and the failing ACA website, not Nigerians. The president didn't hire rogue Nigerians to run his website. So again, which truth?

Because a slowpoke like Ted Cruz mentioned 419ers doesn't mean we should ignore his stupidity and in fact glorify him for speaking nonsense you and others are distorting as truth. If only you knew the kind of stupidity he represents, then you wouldn't call anything from his rotten lips truth.
Whether Ted Cruz represents stupidity or not,do you think he is the first foreigner who uses nigerian criminality as a reference to make a point? I don't think he is the first neither will he be the last. For him to mention nigeria scammers in his comment,it is an insult.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by MacLovington(m): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

My sister you no surprise?

Do we keep taunting Americans with Madoff and Ponzi over unrelated matter? No we don't.

Even though Bernard Madoff and the Italian-American (Ponzi) represent the worst form of scam ever invented by single individuals.
What about all the Banking scams, rate fixing etc by mostly American Banks that caused worldwide recession that has affected all of us?

Let him go and remove the "Mount Everest" in his eye before pointing to a speck in another man's eye. Anuofia.

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by ocelot2006(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2013
tatiana009: Its not his fault, na we cause am! It is sad because it is true.

Yeah, because most Nigerians are fraudsters, abi?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2013
berem: Whether Ted Cruz represents stupidity or not,do you think he is the first foreigner who uses nigerian criminality as a reference to make a point? I don't think he is the first neither will he be the last. For him to mention nigeria scammers in his comment,it is an insult

Which point was he trying to make? Since when is a jab/racial joke a point?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by iknowwhoiam: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2013
"15 percent of nigerians are scammers.

He didn't lie
Tasteless joke tho"
======================================================================================
How did you come about your figures? Did you just conjure it this number yourself? How did you determine your sample size? What is your confidence level? What is your confidence interval? What is your response distribution? By the way I have two questions for you.

1. How do you arrive at your conclusion that all the scam letters emanates from Nigeria and by Nigerians
2. If some or all of the scam letters emanates from Nigerian, does it mean that all Nigerians are scammers?

This is an elementary logic. Granted that some of the scammers are Nigerians and personally I do receive almost on a daily basis such letters in itself does not make it an exclusivity of Nigerians. Am in IT and I have traced some of these letters, Guys many of them did not emanate from Nigeria. Some of the IP Addresses are spoofed to make it look like it came from Nigeria, but if you know your way around, you will be surprised to know where some of these letters came from (wouldn’t go into details).
Some Americans, Russians, Chinese etc. are hackers, some write viruses, are they labeled as such? Some Americans use hard drugs (cocaine, Heroin --- all the works) are they labeled as such? Who thought the world (Nigerians) how to scam? Please I will like you to answer the question.

This is all about perception. The western press had labeled Nigerians as scammers. Any bad thing that happens in the western world is treated as an isolated case and May not even get the attention of the press most times, but if it happened in African then it is a pattern. You will hardly read any positive thing from western press about Africa, mostly it is negatives things.

Simple logic, if somebody says Nigerians scammers, then you who is not a scammer and a Nigerian is a scammer……right? This is RUBBISH.
I refused to be labeled as such.

I challenge anybody to name any negative thing(s) that Africans/Nigerians do that the west does not do even worst.

Nigeria government should call this man to order.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by sky4(m): 7:29am On Oct 23, 2013
tatiana009: Its not his fault, na we cause am! It is sad because it is true.
Though it appear to be an open and direct blow to our integrity as a Nation,I really don't blame him because that's just someone calling a spade a spade...so Tatiana...you are right...why wouldn't the west make mess of our image (thats if we still have one) when our leaders home are making mess of themselves out of greed...mchhwwwww.....
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by ocelot2006(m): 7:29am On Oct 23, 2013
BabaAlabi: But that's the truth....The first time most whites come in contact with Nigerians is usually due to scamming. Why should they not laugh at us when we have turned our country into a joke??

Dude, really?

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Ishilove: 7:33am On Oct 23, 2013
berem: Whether Ted Cruz represents stupidity or not,do you think he is the first foreigner who uses nigerian criminality as a reference to make a point? I don't think he is the first neither will he be the last. For him to mention nigeria scammers in his comment,it is an insult.
No it isn't an insult. Our bad image as a country haunting us that is why any Tom, Dick and Harry can use us as a negative point of reference.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Ishilove: 7:33am On Oct 23, 2013
berem: Whether Ted Cruz represents stupidity or not,do you think he is the first foreigner who uses nigerian criminality as a reference to make a point? I don't think he is the first neither will he be the last. For him to mention nigeria scammers in his comment,it is an insult.
No it isn't an insult. Our bad image as a country is haunting us that is why any Thomas, Dickson and Harold can use us as a negative point of reference. That is why we are harassed at airports. That is why the noun 'Nigeria' in the global thesauraus is a synonym for 'criminality' and 'corruption'.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 23, 2013
do people still fall victm 2 scamming? scamming has been goin on for years and i thought dat by now all d mugus must have been enlightened. jezors kraist!!
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by ocelot2006(m): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2013
CFCfan:
He will be a strong contender for the Republican Presidential primaries in 2016.

With the numerous cracks in the GOP? I dont think so. I dont see the numerically superior moderate republican fielding this clown from the minority fanatic tea par ty as their candidate for the presidency. unless they have every intention of losing woefully.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2013
Ishilove:
No it isn't an insult. Our bad image as a country haunting us that is why any Tom, Dicck and Harry can use us as a negative point of reference.
exactly! Using nigeria to make a negative point of reference is an embarrassment if we don't wanna use the word insult.This isn't the first time our beloved country is ridiculed.it is very annoying you know.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by MacLovington(m): 7:39am On Oct 23, 2013
It doesn't mean we should just allow them to smear our name. Is America not a country with high criminality? Which crimes are worse than the incessant shooting, including teenagers?

India has a high level of ra*pe but Westerners dare not taunt them with it.
Many countries carry out honour killing, but Westerners dare not overblow it.

But Westerners also know that some Africans have sufficient "self-loathing" (WHICH THEY LIKE TO TELL US IS HONESTY) and thorough brainwash that no matter how vile their insult, they will always find some blacks supporting biased white opinion.

Is there any scientific study to show the percentage of Nigerians into 419?

If even 2.5% (about 4.25 million) of Nigerians were into 419, don't you think they could paralyse world economy?
Nigerian scammers have never paralysed world economy, American banks (hyper-scammers) have.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 23, 2013
When Kenyans ridiculed Nigeria and the primary school where they were training, Nairaland and Nigerians on other social media outlets lit on fire and retaliated, hurling insults at Kenyans from here to Jericho. A US dolt says scamming Nigerians are running Obama's website and it's now "truth".

Una dey fear drone? Lol.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

Which point was he trying to make? Since when is a jab/racial joke a point?
whether he was trying to make a racial joke or whatever you want to call it,using nigerian scammer to make such a silly joke is an insult. Ogugua,I am angry not because of the point he is trying to make,but uttering "nigeria" in his silly comment is my anger. Don't you still get it? Don't you think we are both saying the same thing? Don't you agree that the truth is there are truly nigerian scammers?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2013
an insult hurts more wen its tru ...
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Ishilove: 7:46am On Oct 23, 2013
Johnjack: The power of love between and among Boko haram members.
Don't be an eejit. These are masai warriors.

So many reetards online. Sheesh.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by b03liberty(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2013
MillionDollars:
c dis innocenti o, yahoo boy neva cari u shaye b4 abi, wey u go preach 2 am?
its pay back, not scamming
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 23, 2013
berem: whether he was trying to make a racial joke or whatever you want to call it,using nigerian scammer to make such a silly joke is an insult. Ogugua,I am angry not because of the point he is trying to make,but uttering "nigeria" in his silly comment is my anger. Don't you still get it? Don't you think we are both saying the same thing? Don't you agree that the truth is there are truly nigerian scammers?

The question isn't whether there are scammers or not. There are scammers in every one of the 200+ countries on the planet, including the US. His colleagues take oil money after all.

The joke has a racial undertone and it's appalling that it came from a US senator. There's no truth in what he said. Absolutely none. Nigerians in Texas should send him a strong message.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by iamdsam: 7:47am On Oct 23, 2013
This isn't an insult but a factual fact. A lot of Nigerians are scammers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biafra: Ijaw Youths Stop Asari Dokubo From Holding Meeting In Bayelsa. / Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / BREAKING: PDP Legal Team Summons Emergency Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.