Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. (43642 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Where Is The Change!!! Donald Trump Insults Nigeria Administration. / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by buoye1(m): 3:58am On Oct 23, 2013
Go ahead&insult us,we dnt gv a damn!!!!
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 23, 2013
solomon111: Nonsense.
America,a nation at 237 years(far,far older than Nigeria) built on the large-scale exploitation of africans and african resources,practicing capitalism,one of the worst system of govt, is not a country i want for a role model.
Capitalism,a system of govt which concentrates wealth and power in the hands of the 1% elite and let the rest of the masses delude themselves as the so-called middle-class is not a system Nigeria should emulate.
America, a country that spends more than it earns and reap from other nations sweat is a disgrace as far as am concerned.
California is the 6th largest economy in the world according to the current world economics which is skewed in america's favour,even at that,it's hopelessly BROKE.

When the creditors start calling in their debt which's only a matter of time,we will see what will become of california then.
Btw,i don't give a shitt if you're not proud of the Nigerian passport.
It's actually a common phenomenon for citizens to hate their own countries,even in the west.
And in case you don't know,many american citizens have already began dumping their american citizenships and jumping off like rats off a sinking ship.

SPOT ON! esp @ bold!! cool
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by cjrane: 4:35am On Oct 23, 2013
Nigerians really have a bloated,unrealistic importance of Nigeria in the scheme of things. For the average American or even African, Nigeria is a land of corrupt politicians, stupid Africans killing themselves under a banner called tribalism and latest a country of islamic fanatics and terrorists.

Nigerians do insult Nigeria more with their conduct and shameful tribalism. I was recently embarrassed when a spoke to a white guy in Kenya and he was laughing out hilariously how Eboes, Yourubas and foolanis are fighting over poverty and killing themselves like dogs. I couldn't even fault him because i knew it was very true.

I worry more about the bad conduct of Nigerians,than when white people make reference to it. Like i hear African Americans call themselves neggar, but it becomes a racial slur when a white person call them that? If we are offended by the bitter truth in what Senator Cruz said,we should then take a pledge to always do what we can be proud of as Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by honorsam(m): 4:41am On Oct 23, 2013
Chimezie198: Nigerian scammers no dey carry last.

My yahoo mail na so so sperm full am. sad
Chimezie,gini ka idere ife a! grin grin
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by anonimi: 4:41am On Oct 23, 2013
solomon111: Nonsense.
America,a nation at 237 years(far,far older than Nigeria) built on the large-scale exploitation of africans and african resources,practicing capitalism,one of the worst system of govt, is not a country i want for a role model.
Capitalism,a system of govt which concentrates wealth and power in the hands of the 1% elite and let the rest of the masses delude themselves as the so-called middle-class is not a system Nigeria should emulate.
America, a country that spends more than it earns and reap from other nations sweat is a disgrace as far as am concerned.
California is the 6th largest economy in the world according to the current world economics which is skewed in america's favour,even at that,it's hopelessly BROKE.
When the creditors start calling in their debt which's only a matter of time,we will see what will become of california then.
Btw,i don't give a shitt if you're not proud of the Nigerian passport.
It's actually a common phenomenon for citizens to hate their own countries,even in the west.
And in case you don't know,many american citizens have already began dumping their american citizenships and jumping off like rats off a sinking ship.

What do you think:

How many Americans are queueing up for Nigerian (or other African countries) visas and ready to die in the desert or in the ocean just to get here?
How many Nigerians are not only ready to hold night vigils and tie koranic tiras to get a "breakthrough" to America
Do we not have many threads here on NL to that effect?
I am almost certain that we have the same disparity between Chinese and Americans seeking to go to each other's country.

Let us STOP deceiving ourselves and strive to make our country better beyond simply being contented with our INDIVIDUAL success.

BTW, having debts is not a bad thing.
And that is where CLUELESS OBJoke and Buhari got it wrong.
It is your capacity to use it well that matters.
Dangote and any other successful businessman is a debtor but not a NET debtor. Please note the difference.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Onlytruth(m): 4:43am On Oct 23, 2013
I don't like Sen Cruz for his brand of politics -"divide the baby into two rather than giving the baby to the other guy" kind of politics; but what is there to protect about Nigeria's image? A country that stands by while innocent citizens are gunned down for failing to pay bribe; a country where a president is held hostage because he is from a minority tribe; a country where performing ministers are hounded to their graves because they come from a section that is now benefitting from overdue withheld entitlements; a country whose millions of jobless graduates send millions of scam letters worldwide daily? That is Nigeria!
If you don't like the truth in Cruz's obvious joke, tough luck!

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Onlytruth(m): 4:45am On Oct 23, 2013
In fact Nigeria needs more of Cruz's kind of joke! Maybe it will change something (which BTW I doubt). lol
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 4:51am On Oct 23, 2013
Onlytruth: I don't like Sen Cruz for his brand of politics -"divide the baby into two rather than giving the baby to the other guy" kind of politics; but what is there to protect about Nigeria's image? A country that stands by while innocent citizens are gunned down for failing to pay bribe; a country where a president is held hostage because he is from a minority tribe; a country where performing ministers are hounded to their graves because they come from a section that is now benefitting from overdue withheld entitlements; a country whose millions of jobless graduates send millions of scam letters worldwide daily? That is Nigeria!

Where's the truth in his joke? Are Nigerian scammers running the ACA website?

Senator Ted Cruz's goal is to slander anything President Obama does, even when people in his state benefit. Of course he'd use Nigerian scammers as example. He and some of his fellow idiots still think President Obama was born in Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Onlytruth(m): 4:54am On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

Where's the truth in his joke? Are Nigerian scammers running the ACA website?

Senator Ted Cruz goal is to slander anything President Obama does, even when people in his state benefit. Of course he'd use Nigerian scammers as example. He and some of his fellow idiots still think President Obama was born in Kenya.

Before you crucify me, re-read my post.

Hear me:

Onlytruth: I don't like Sen Cruz for his brand of politics -"divide the baby into two rather than giving the baby to the other guy" kind of politics;

Now, apologize! grin
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Err its Ted Cruz, pay him no mind.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 23, 2013
Onlytruth: Before you crucify me, re-read my post.

Hear me:

Now, apologize! grin

Whether you like him or not has nothing to do with the fact that he spoke false nonsense lol.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by RedRiver(m): 5:31am On Oct 23, 2013
i hate this guy and i do not like the republicans. Plus i love my country.

Do we write scam letters to americans everyday

think about your answer and think again if this guy is wrong. He is damn right. forget about patriotism, i you are outside of nigeria the vibe that we as nigerians send to the rest of the world is we are scammers, kidnappers, corrupt and bombers. Of course we got millions and millions and quadrillions of so many great side to our great nation.

So if an american decides to see only a few negatives in us, just ask yourself, is he making those stories up or is he correct.

He reads more stories of boko haram than he reads of China Achebes successes, he get more CIA report on how many plane crashes in nigeria than he reads that he best graduating student from stanford university is a Nigeriian.

Think again. Of course i now am gonna be bashed for saying this

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by 3ace(m): 5:33am On Oct 23, 2013
Hin dey craze! D kain scamming wey dem too do during colonialism no pass dis one? Anyway, like ma people don talk, no be hin fault.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by badmeat(m): 5:33am On Oct 23, 2013
Yeye ted cruz,very soon him go beg me for campaign money,fooolish white boyangry
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 23, 2013
But yahoo boys no dey fear to even scam a US Senator cheesy
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by nagoma(m): 5:53am On Oct 23, 2013
It is not just e-mail scams . Nigeria is the best example when you want to talk about government corruption , about poor state of health, poor state of education, poor state of security, poor state electricity and water supply , drug courier business, illegal migration to other lands, more recently terrorism and leading the world in kidnapping. Which developing country president will take 600+ to a UN meeting where he contributes virtually nothing to the discussions? Which developing country president will take 60 % of the country's governors with him to jamboree when there is unsolved 4 months strike affecting his country's youth. The senator was right to use Nigeria in his jibe. Which country did you want him to use anyway? There is no other country- Nigeria is the worst at this moment in time.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by herbeytv(m): 5:55am On Oct 23, 2013
emmysenior: Can't he express himself without insulting others?
Some people are just pathetic and silly at the same time.

Though, it's not his fault, rather that of some st*pid idiots who can't figure out away to live apart from scamming unsuspecting victims.

Mumu boi, can u help them figure out ways to live without fraud in this country of ours.

Getting rich ( I mean the confirm richness) either u do politics or you do scam or tell me which government work dey pay you as huge as that of MTCN or aboki account# oga iif u can't join them I beg leave them.

And u Cruz or wetn be ur name? Abusing my country won't solve ur problem in ur country. We Nigerians, we all know the problem we are facing and behind every problem there is a solution. I just wish you Americans know ur problems#
USA. A warlord who never wins a war#
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Truckpusher(m): 6:04am On Oct 23, 2013
Babzilla:
REALLY?
BRING IT ON NITWIT
HOLD NUTHING BACK
TRUCKPUSHER grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Allohrandy(m): 6:08am On Oct 23, 2013
Onlytruth: I don't like Sen Cruz for his brand of politics -"divide the baby into two rather than giving the baby to the other guy" kind of politics; but what is there to protect about Nigeria's image? A country that stands by while innocent citizens are gunned down for failing to pay bribe; a country where a president is held hostage because he is from a minority tribe; a country where performing ministers are hounded to their graves because they come from a section that is now benefitting from overdue withheld entitlements; a country whose millions of jobless graduates send millions of scam letters worldwide daily? That is Nigeria!
Is all these problems you stated peculiar to only Nigeria. Are there no scammers in US too? Are there not corrupt government officials in the States too? Are there no Criminals in the America too? Is there no police brutality in US too? Is president Obama not held hostage and oppose by white extremists and tea party members like Sen Cruz because he is black and a minority? So you think its right for an American Senator to insult your country because we have problems in Nigeria while his country men also commit crimes like Nigerians? People like you give Nigerians bad name

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by nikky341: 6:19am On Oct 23, 2013
May agbara shave his head with blunt razor blade
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 23, 2013
so obvious?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Ajerry: 6:22am On Oct 23, 2013
Unintelligent e goat
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Datruggedman: 6:35am On Oct 23, 2013
Arosa: That is not an insult to Nigeria. undecided
is a foreign insult 4rm a foreigner
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by John5117: 6:38am On Oct 23, 2013
can't believe a "US SENATOR" is actually foolish...!no crime being foolish".... because those scammers have a little bit of wisdom he lacks........dnt blame yeah.....Bleep off.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2013
I wonder why people are angry. Was it not our President that made a national broadcast on october 1st,comparing Pakistan to Nigeria in terms of terrorism? Now an American makes a provocative statement about nigerian scammers and we are angry. The truth hurts you know!

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2013
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by victorazy(m): 6:42am On Oct 23, 2013
dridowu: Who kon add salt 4 our injury. So sad my beloved con3 known 4 scammmimmmmmmmng. Yet all dos Aisha lady from mars won't stop spamming my mail from contract i neva bid 4.

For me am not sad! For someone to deceive you and collect ur hard earn means he is wiser than you.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by wogorparadise: 6:45am On Oct 23, 2013
Luxiana19: Why is he hating all over the place?
He asking for trouble! He dey find trouble abi? he no know say awa omo nja ni lori abi? mtcheew *takas and walks out of thread angrily*
he can hate but has not lied abt, nigerian scamming
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 23, 2013
berem: I wonder why people are angry. Was it not our President that made a national broadcast on october 1st,comparing Pakistan to Nigeria in terms of terrorism? Now an American makes a provocative statement about nigerian scammers and we are angry. The truth hurts you know!

Again, which truth? Did Obama go out and hire scammers to build his website? Na wa for some people.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by boss1310(m): 6:53am On Oct 23, 2013
i dont even know which upsets me more,is it because he is really telling the truth or is it that this mofo chose my country as a base to mock his opponent thereby creating more hatred for Nigerians in the eyes of the world(as if we doesnt have enough)
i usually reply the scammers with"go and look for work"messages but i implore every Nigerian who feel insulted even our government to reply this diot,am searching his name on facebook right now.i know this man cant say this about the arabs even if they are known as terrrorists and corrupt monarchs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senators Who Followed Saraki And Ekweremadu To Court Today (photos) / Police Reveals What Will Happen To Saraki, Dino Melaye After Protest In Abuja. / Osinbajo Wants To Scam You - Sowore Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.