Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,888 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. (43614 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Where Is The Change!!! Donald Trump Insults Nigeria Administration. / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Symphony007: 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
HOUSTON (CBS Houston/AP)— Republican Sen. Ted Cruz compared the glitches plaguing the website for President Barack Obama’s signature health care law to the methodologies of “Nigerian email scammers.”

The Tea Party favorite received a rousing ovation during a rally of more than 1,000 supporters Monday in Houston while speaking out about the Affordable Care Act, known also as Obamacare.

“You may have noticed that all the Nigerian email scammers have become a lot less active lately,” Cruz said, according to the Houston Chronicle. “They all have been hired to run the Obamacare website.”
Cruz told supporters that he’s working for them and not for D.C. “party bosses.”

“People are saying mean things about me,” Cruz said, according to the Chronicle. “Who cares? At the end of the day, I don’t work for the party bosses in Washington. I work for each and every one of you. What they don’t understand is that we’re standing here together. We’ve got a problem in Washington. They’re not listening to the American people.”

Cruz staged a quasi-filibuster for over 21 hours in the Senate late last month, helping spark a budget fight in the Republican-led House that partially shuttered the government in an attempt to sever funding for the nation’s new health care law.

Then, with the country facing a debt default, leaders in the Democratic-led Senate brokered a deal to end the standoff — which Cruz dismissed as “selling the American people down the river.”

“You don’t win a fight when your own team is firing cannons at the people who are standing up and leading, which are the House Republicans,” he said.

The deal sets up the potential for another budget showdown in January. Senate GOP leaders, however, have suggested that there won’t be a repeat of the shutdown or a potential default crisis like in recent weeks.
Some political observers now see Cruz as Texas’ most popular Republican. But his approval ratings across the country may be slipping.

National polls have shown that while Americans in general don’t love the health care law, they oppose defunding it — especially if it means shutting down the government. And many of Cruz’s Senate colleagues have bemoaned the shutdown for tarnishing the GOP’s image

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/22/cruz-nigerian-email-scammers-running-obamacare-website/

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by dridowu: 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
Who kon add salt 4 our injury. So sad my beloved con3 known 4 scammmimmmmmmmng. Yet all dos Aisha lady from mars won't stop spamming my mail from contract i neva bid 4.

12 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
The man was smoking some hard stuff, Aint good for his health

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
Its not his fault, na we cause am! It is sad because it is true.

15 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Arosa(m): 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
That is not an insult to Nigeria. undecided

21 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
He is Repping Naija

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
Can't he express himself without insulting others?
Some people are just pathetic and silly at the same time.

Though, it's not his fault, rather, that of some st*pid idiots who can't figure out ways to live apart from scamming unsuspecting victims.

5 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by redsun(m): 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
This is exactly how the nazis started.They were allowed to run freely with their hate in what was suppose to be democratic germany and before the normal germans and the world realized it,they have imposed their evil agenda legitimately.

11 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Luxiana19(f): 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Why is he hating all over the place?
He asking for trouble! He dey find trouble abi? he no know say awa omo nja ni lori abi? mtcheew *takas and walks out of thread angrily*

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by WildChild00(m): 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
This is serious, so Nigeria my beloved country is now been used as a laughing stock by a US senator, just to drive his point home, "Nigerian scammers" some times it is so annoying the rate @ which one is tagged wen u are with green passport, he is not too far frm the truth, our young people now have seen scamming as an avenue of getting rich quick, since the government of the day can not provide jobs for its youths, and something urgently needs to be done, to test run wat this US senator is saying, using Nairaland.com, just create a new email address and drop it here on nairaland, over night, and then go and check ur email and see lots and lots of scam emails in der

4 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Arosa(m): 10:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
But the Senator is saying that the emails has reduced na? That boys don they do other thinz like website design. grin

10 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Tolexander: 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
The senator isn't lying.

5 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ted Cruz is just grasping at straws. Yes, the Obamacare website has had a few glitches, but he is trying to distract from the fact that he led a fool's errand in trying to 'defund' the Health care law.

4 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by collynzo2(m): 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Poor attempt at a joke, from a dumb American.

57 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by ACM10: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
grin grin

Abeg I no fit laff. .

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by luvmijeje(f): 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
This is serious! It would have been a good springboard to cleanup our image.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by BabaAlabi: 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
But that's the truth....The first time most whites come in contact with Nigerians is usually due to scamming. Why should they not laugh at us when we have turned our country into a joke??

10 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by engrtee(f): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
the joke is dry

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by braine(m): 10:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
Smh
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
he actually dissed the US Gov't in the process. grin
I don't see how that was a diss to Nigeria at all.

6 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
engrtee: the joke is dry

dryer than the mojave desert!
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
[size=29pt]and who is dis gay head??[/size]

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
seee d faggg i was thinking will run for president ...look yo GOP forget about the WHITE HOUSE FOREVER y'all bunch of schmucks....

4 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Arosa: That is not an insult to Nigeria. undecided

exactly grin

4 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ted Cruz is a racist stupid bastard_ who started the US govt shutdown for his own selfish reasons. I am not surprised to hear a quote coming from the likes of him. And trust me when I say this fool is going to run for the Republican presidential candidature come 2016.

6 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by MillionDollars: 10:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
BabaAlabi: But that's the truth....The first time most whites come in contact with Nigerians is usually due to scamming. Why should they not laugh at us when we have turned our country into a joke??

c dis innocenti o, yahoo boy neva cari u shaye b4 abi, wey u go preach 2 am?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
d guy looks neat ,cute nd well-fed..
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by fckyourman: 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
And so, what will happen next nothing. We will just talk no action
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by collynzo2(m): 10:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Bryt3: d guy looks neat ,cute nd well-fed..
Gay

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by 190theclown: 10:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
*Kails*:
he actually dissed the US Gov't in the process. grin
I don't see how that was a diss to Nigeria at all.
smiley
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Only nigerians are permitted to insult nigeria. He's a person! angry

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / BREAKING: PDP Legal Team Summons Emergency Meeting / PDP Conducts Poll To Rate Buhari's 2 Years In Office: See Results And Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.