Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. (43615 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Where Is The Change!!! Donald Trump Insults Nigeria Administration. / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88: When Kenyans ridiculed Nigeria and the primary school where they were training, Nairaland and Nigerians on other social media outlets lit on fire and retaliated, hurling insults at Kenyans from here to Jericho. A US dolt says scamming Nigerians are running Obama's website and it's now "truth".

Una dey fear drone? Lol.
that is not the truth I am referring to if you must know. Don't get it twisted.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by MacLovington(m): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2013
Ishilove:
No it isn't an insult. Our bad image as a country haunting us that is why any Tom, Dick and Harry can use us as a negative point of reference.

Is there any country without bad people? Show me that "Garden of Eden" country. Home grown American terrorists (like McVeigh in Oklahoma) and American criminals (NY & Chicago Mafia), alcohol smugglers, scam artists have existed in US before Boko Haram, Oyenusi or Anini came into existence. Boko being only a few years ago.

So if anything they have led the criminal way.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by iamdsam: 7:49am On Oct 23, 2013
ogugua88:

The question isn't whether there are scammers or not. There are scammers in every one of the 200+ countries on the planet, including the US. His colleagues take oil money after all.

The joke has a racial undertone and it's appalling that it came from a US senator. There's no truth in what he said. Absolutely none. Nigerians in Texas should send him a strong message.
Are you even a Nigerian He simply spoke the truth. Even the lame man knows
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by MacLovington(m): 7:51am On Oct 23, 2013
iamdsam: Are you even a Nigerian He simply spoke the truth. Even the lame man knows

How many times have you used the high level of gun crimes in America to taunt them? Or is it not true that there is high gun crime?

4 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 23, 2013
iamdsam: Are you even a Nigerian He simply spoke the truth. Even the lame man knows

No. I'm not. "Ogugua" is an Indonesian name.

MacLovington: .How many times have you used the high level of gun crimes in America to taunt them? Or is it not true that there is high gun crime?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by abelibaba(m): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2013
Whose fault.....Nigerians, we D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ to change our ways nd stop those idiots from insulting us
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by benbazus: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2013
iamdsam: This isn't an insult but a factual fact. A lot of Nigerians are scammers.

How did you know that lot of Nigerians are scammers?
Does it mean you are a scammer also ?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by litetias(m): 8:02am On Oct 23, 2013
Anyone who has watched the tv series Castle will have heard in one of the episodes (can't quite remember which one) where a detective compared the method in which a suspect sent an email to the methods employed in 'the Nigerian email scams'. Suffice it to say I was not so shocked as saddenned, but less so than when Oprah commented on her show years ago that Nigerians are scammers. Our culture of worshipping money above all has far-reaching consequences. I fear for the unborn generation and how they'll probably suffer for the sins of their fathers. #Changeis needed.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by MacLovington(m): 8:10am On Oct 23, 2013
When you consider the high level of crime next door in Mexico, Cruz (who might even have Mexican connections) should worry less about us. At least we're thousands of miles away.

He should worry about his people across the border because their crime will not be petty email scam targeting some brainless and gullible people but physical ones when they cross over.

Hey Mexicans are not black and I guess he'll accept that.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by kliverpool(m): 8:15am On Oct 23, 2013
He is confused and ignorant.
Things like this should be said about a country in his bed room.
Nigeria should call US ambassador and make official complain.
and the ministry of foreign affair should petition the US Senate and demand a verbal and written
apology,from TED and his party and US government.

And i am so ashamed of people that are saying he is saying the truth.
what is the percentage of Nigerians scamming people online?
For a senator in a civilized nation to make such a silly and uncivilized joke about
Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by tdade(m): 8:16am On Oct 23, 2013
To those of you saying 'he's saying the truth,' take a good look at yourself. That 'joke,' I believe, had racial connotations. Truth or not, who the F is he to mention Nigeria, with xenophobic intent, in an American affair?
WTF is Nigeria's business in his spat with Obama? Some Nigerians are just classic. They readily overlook his stupidity, all in their haste to point out 'he's saying the truth.' Your inferiority complex sha - or is it victim-complex?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by eagleeye2: 8:25am On Oct 23, 2013
I need someone to scam that id1ot.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by donphilopus: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2013
Insult??
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by jpphilips(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2013
redsun: This is exactly how the nazis started.They were allowed to run freely with their hate in what was suppose to be democratic germany and before the normal germans and the world realized it,they have imposed their evil agenda legitimately.

Glad you referred to them as Nazis,why? because they are Nazis. tell me, what is he supposed to call Nigerian scammers? freedom fighters? they are what they are and it stays that way till we think otherwise.
scamming has degenerated to the level where our govt need no pat in the back for not standing up to it, funny enough, they now shop for "magas" locally, emails, sms just name it, your bank wants this your bank wants that. very nauseating
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by jpphilips(m): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2013
MacLovington: .

Is there any country without bad people? Show me that "Garden of Eden" country. Home grown American terrorists (like McVeigh in Oklahoma) and American criminals (NY & Chicago Mafia), alcohol smugglers, scam artists have existed in US before Boko Haram, Oyenusi or Anini came into existence. Boko being only a few years ago.

So if anything they have led the criminal way.

The difference is this, the FBI is spending billions of dollars locking them up, while our EFCC is busy w@nking with Amaechi
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by jpphilips(m): 8:33am On Oct 23, 2013

How many times have you used the high level of gun crimes in America to taunt them? Or is it not true that there is high gun crime?

Then get your senators talking ie if they are not stuffing bills in their caps, lol
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by pappilo(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2013
redsun: This is exactly how the nazis started.They were allowed to run freely with their hate in what was suppose to be democratic germany and before the normal germans and the world realized it,they have imposed their evil agenda legitimately.

This is a bit far fetched. It is not nice to have such things said about your country but comparing it to how the Nazis started is ridiculous
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 23, 2013
BabaAlabi: But that's the truth....The first time most whites come in contact with Nigerians is usually due to scamming. Why should they not laugh at us when we have turned our country into a joke??

yahoo boys sell greed, these dudes bite the bait......it has been going on since prost.itution, it didn't start today
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by MacLovington(m): 8:43am On Oct 23, 2013
jp philips:

The difference is this, the FBI is spending billions of dollars locking them up, while our EFCC is busy w@nking with Amaechi

Is it the same America where people as guilty as sin get away with murder if they have heavy duty attorneys? Abeg forget matter.

Rome was not built in a day. We can do better and should do better but America 53 years after Independence wasn't all that either.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Heffalump(m): 8:45am On Oct 23, 2013
IN NIGERIA EVEN THE TELECOM INDUSTRIES ARE IN THE HABIT OF SCAMMING SUBSCRIBERS. I DON'T BLAME THE GUY!
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by rexzqcom(m): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2013
you all don't need to fault the racist teahadist too much. His joke rythoric is designed to spook his people not to enroll for obamacare because nigeria scammers are awaiting at ACA website for their vital informations to do them financial harms. wish is not true off course. unfortunately some of them believe him. And as such will not subscribe to the ACA program. Thereby facilitating Cruz wish for the failure of affordable healthcare act program. His evil wishes will not come true .,.amen.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by LookGud: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2013
WildChild00: This is serious, so Nigeria my beloved country is now been used as a laughing stock by a US senator, just to drive his point home, "Nigerian scammers" some times it is so annoying the rate @ which one is tagged wen u are with green passport, he is not too far frm the truth, our young people now have seen scamming as an avenue of getting rich quick, since the government of the day can not provide jobs for its youths, and something urgently needs to be done, to test run wat this US senator is saying, using Nairaland.com, just create a new email address and drop it here on nairaland, over night, and then go and check ur email and see lots and lots of scam emails in der

I don't believe that there are no jobs in Nigeria. The problem is the students who cannot defend what they read. I know what I see while conducting interviews. A B.Sc holder who refuses to accept 100k for a start, should go and let his B.Sc certificate pay him salaries. You claim there are no jobs in the country, yet you cannot accept an offer of 100k for a start. So, let's stop blaming the government.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by kalakutafm: 8:50am On Oct 23, 2013
The humiliation and denigration of Nigeria continues apace.

Discuss on http://www.fusionplustv.com/live-radio/
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by HolyHolla(m): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2013
Where's the chap, Ted Cruz? Clint's coming for you, Yankee.

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by jpphilips(m): 8:53am On Oct 23, 2013
kliverpool: He is confused and ignorant.
Things like this should be said about a country in his bed room.
Nigeria should call US ambassador and make official complain.
and the ministry of foreign affair should petition the US Senate and demand a verbal and written
apology,from TED and his party and US government.

And i am so ashamed of people that are saying he is saying the truth.
what is the percentage of Nigerians scamming people online?
For a senator in a civilized nation to make such a silly and uncivilized joke about
Nigeria.

The same govt that sent taharqa to come and appraise us on how well they can ring NSE closing bells and how they gave up their miserable lives for a temp. UN seat which the kingdom of Saudi rejected less than 24hrs after the election?
continue living in denial, it is up to reality to shove the truth down your throat.
Nigerians are scammers, deal with it or commit suicide.

just to sharpen an ordinary clipper, the guy quickly exchanged the chromium plated blade for a cheaper iron one and had the temerity to insult my intelligence, this was just last weekend and you say Nigerians are not scammers?
look around you everywhere, yes there are crimes in the US but will a US law enforcement agent ask you for 10k after dialing 911?
live with the truth or kill yourself.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by eaglechild: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2013
Are you American?
Are you Republican?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by iknowwhoiam: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2013
jp philips:

[color=#000099]The difference is this, the FBI is spending billions of dollars locking them up, while our EFCC is busy w@nking with Amaechi
[/color]

Between I don't think you a Nigerian. I don't even think you black. You alluded to the fact that FBI is spending billions of dollars locking them up, has it stopped them from scamming? Has DEA stopped drug trafficking and use? Has the FBI stopped hacking despite locking some hackers?.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Abee79(m): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2013
OKAY, AND SO WHAT WAS THE RESPONSE OF THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT TO THAT SICK JOKE?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by jpphilips(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2013

Is it the same America where people as guilty as sin get away with murder if they have heavy duty attorneys? Abeg forget matter.

Rome was not built in a day. We can do better and should do better but America 53 years after Independence wasn't all that either.

At least they got an attorney in your words "heavy duty" to walk right? in Nigeria, you just need to pull the trigger and change the channel on your Tv set and nobody will bother you, even if your victim is a serving minister of justice, lol
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by jpphilips(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2013
iknowwhoiam: [/color]

Between I don't think you a Nigerian. I don't even think you black. You alluded to the fact that FBI is spending billions of dollars locking them up, has it stopped them from scamming? Has DEA stopped drug trafficking and use? Has the FBI stopped hacking despite locking some hackers?.

[color=#000099]at least somebody is doing something about it right? EFCC has no serious conviction for close to a year with a huge budget, how do you explain that?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Akinsnaira: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2013
Is It patriotism I will it OR utter delusion. Nigerians always rise up to defend their country whenever any white foreigner tries to hit nail on the Head by criticising the country (the Government, the governed or general characters of the Nigerians). Which in most cases these foreigners are pointing the totally decadent life in Nigeria, in conclusion, I think Nigerians are ok with the way they have been stripped of fundamental human rights by their leaders. After all, no difference between the leaders and followers in terms of characters
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by solomon111(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2013
Akinsnaira: Is It patriotism I will it OR utter delusion. Nigerians always rise up to defend their country whenever any white foreigner tries to hit nail on the Head by criticising the country (the Government, the governed or general characters of the Nigerians). Which in most cases these foreigners are pointing the totally decadent life in Nigeria, in conclusion, I think Nigerians are ok with the way they have been stripped of fundamental human rights by their leaders. After all, no difference between the leaders and followers in terms of characters
If he had insulted the Nigerian leaders,i don't think anybody would give a damn.
Use your head sometimes,bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / BREAKING: PDP Legal Team Summons Emergency Meeting / PDP Conducts Poll To Rate Buhari's 2 Years In Office: See Results And Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.