Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? (14524 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Girl From A Broken Home? / Valentine Special For A Broken Hearted Female Romancelander. / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Papito(m): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2008
In africa marriage, you cannot remove the influence of parents home in future romance and relationship, we might want to wave it because of wersten exposures but believe you me, it is still there.

having find out why are happy parents always insist on

1. where your spouse come from
2. who are his/her parents
3. their religion
4. are the parents of your spouse still together? if not why?
5. the antecedence of their parents if they can have access to it.

before receining their support.

saying 75% of women character are from their mother might be exagerating but it is true that most newly married women always revert to their mother when they have issues in their home. Tell me the kind of advice the mother will give her daughter if she is from broken home

There are other factors (you dont espect me to list them) that can lead to broken home apart from ur lineage, that is why you see people from a sweet and happy home having broken marriage.

Finally, you can learn from ur parents mistake and decide to set ur cause and have a sweet home.

I WISH EVERY NAIRALANDERS IRRESPECTIVE OF UR BACKGROUND AND THOSE INTENDING TO JOIN THE INSTITUTION AN HAPPY MARRIAGE HOME THAT OUR CHILDREN WILL BE PROUD OF.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by thefirm: 11:34am On Jul 11, 2008
sure it does. Most people from such homes are usually depressed and it takes the glory of God to bring them back. they always imagine themselves fighting with their spouse.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2008
So its about the imaginations now.

What if i tell you i never imagined fighting with my spouse!
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by nana(f): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2008
Nah,it doesnt because u wouldnt want to experience what ur folks experienced and u wouldn't want ur kids to experience what u experienced while growing up.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by more4dlord: 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2008
beloved,

it thus affect, pray against altars of past. it can affect, because it is in the blood. But Christ blood can atone for your destiny, i will recommend this CD by Dunca williams DEALINGS WITH THE PARTNERS OF BLOODLINES.

shalom.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by amaechijay: 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
@ syren

With due respect,

I do not understand why you are taking this topic personal even if you are from a boken home.

All responses here makes sense and if u don't agree, simply say "it is not acceptable" and please, stop referring to someone's remarks as "nonsense"
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2008
amaechijay:

@ syren

With due respect,

I do not understand why you are taking this topic personal even if you are from a boken home.

All responses here makes sense and if u don't agree, simply say "it is not acceptable" and please, stop referring to someone's remarks as "nonsense"

You can't judge someone's character by their parent's decisions, and if someone did that it wouldn't go down well with me, the statement is based on poor assumptions so that is my reaction to it.  cool
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by amaechijay: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2008
@ syren

I understand your reaction but you also have to respect other people's opinions, suggestions and expressions.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Papito(m): 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2008
@amaechijay
Thank you jare.

@ syren
I didn't actually like responding to ladies misyearn . You are too fast at trowing mouth at people. The way you responds to mail and opinion of people shows the kind of home you came from and how you will be able to mange your future relationship. Amaechijay was able to spot out this very fast. I guess you are not married. My advice for you is that dont carry this kind of atitute to ur home so that you will not end up blaming the devil or your mother and father inlaws.

Lets all be guided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2008
amaechijay:

@ syren

I understand your reaction but you also have to respect other people's opinions, suggestions and expressions.

duly noted wink that was merely my opinion on his suggestion. cool
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2008
Papito:

@amaechijay
Thank you jare.

@ syren
I didn't actually like responding to ladies misyearn . You are too fast at trowing mouth at people. The way you responds to mail and opinion of people shows the kind of home you came from and how you will be able to mange your future relationship. Amaechijay was able to spot out this very fast. I guess you are not married. My advice for you is that don't carry this kind of atitute to your home so that you will not end up blaming the devil or your mother and father inlaws.

Lets all be guided

So what you are basing that a few posts?
You don't know me so just relax cool
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Papito(m): 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2008
By their fruit chat, you shall know them.

Why your body dey hot like this?
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by smooooooth: 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2008
@poster------------------de-fi-na-te-ly. aint you a case study undecided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2008
Papito:

In africa marriage, you cannot remove the influence of parents home in future romance and relationship, we might want to wave it because of wersten exposures but believe you me, it is still there.

having find out why are happy parents always insist on

1. where your spouse come from
2. who are his/her parents
3. their religion
4. are the parents of your spouse still together? if not why?
5. the antecedence of their parents if they can have access to it.

THANK YOU JARE!I BELIEVE YOU!!!
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2008
@smoooooth

No im not
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by icezik1(m): 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2008
It depends. I think there tends to be a more positive reaction to a relationship if you've come from a broken home because you don't want to make the same mistakes as your parents.

Or else, you might become a violent person that tends to beat your wife.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2008
Papito:

By their fruit chat, you shall know them.

Why your body dey hot like this?

hot like what? Pepe soup? grin

And it's still "by their fruits, you shall know them" there is no remix to it. It's what you do that counts, words don't mean anything, so don't attack me, attack my argument. I havn't involved any aspect of your personal life and you havn't got a clue about mine. cool
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2008
@Syren

How re u 2day?
I think I agree with u on ur last post.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2008
doe82:

@Syren

How re u 2day?
I think I agree with u on your last post.

doe28 i'm very well thanx, and you?

Thank u, wink people take things too far sometimes. I dare to disagree with someone's post, within good reason I might add, and I'm condemned as a person? There was no need. cool

Anyway,
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by tellbiodun(f): 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2008
I believe if anyone is close to God, his or her destiny turns out differently despite all the locust years of the past.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2008
What i do understand is,
when God is allowed to come into a broken heart
he mends it.

Without God my brokenheartedness from belonging to a broken home
will not be healed.

Only then would i be able to move forward and possess a great romance
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by t00cUTE(f): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2008
Gamine:

What i do understand is,
when God is allowed to come into a broken heart
he mends it.

Without God my brokenheartedness from belonging to a broken home
will not be healed.

Only then would i be able to move forward and possess a great romance

most children frm tat background doesnt think dat way, maybe they do, but it takes time cos they alys ask y didnt God intervane frm the start.

but seriously it does affect am a true example
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2008
ok so what happened to you.

How was your parents relationship like
and how did it affect you
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by t00cUTE(f): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2008
Gamine just think hw the rship wud be like
and as 4 the effect on me, i cant count but am getin ova them gradually.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2008
but brokenness has degrees.

i cnt know except you tell me.

But if you arent ready to talk about it, i wont force you.

ITs also nice to know you are getting over it smiley
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by lapagegirl(f): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2008
I don't think so, it might affect the person but its for good.

People from broken homes make better marriage because
i) they learn from there parents mistake,
ii)they will not want there children to feel d pain of broken home.
to mention few.

Most failed marriages the people are not from broken homes, 2 out of every failed marriage is from broken home. so i will say that broken home does not affect future romance in anyway.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2008
@Lapagegirl

i dont get your statistics
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by chika98: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2008
Whether we like it or not but our environment does affect us in one way or another. The said "effect" varies from person to person.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by afamative(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2008
All the post are right but in my humble opinon, i would say that there is individuality differences in what we do, yea in a way broken homes affect the lives of people that are involved. The fact that you do not admit it makes it difficult for one to move on. Broken homes have a positive effect on ones relationships (romantic life). But ones ability to deal with their fears and hurt emotions makes one a uniqe human being. The main problem is that when you are in a relationship, and you came from a broken family, your spouse or mate should understand that and be able to handle you with care showing you enough love because you actually lack that.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by PHILEOLOVE(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2008
Yes,its not just the issue of romance,it damages the trust and affection of the person concerned which invariably will affect the relationship concept and love lifestyle.For instance, for a lady(true life case)- she find it difficult to trust men and she had horrible mental torture.The way out will be to relax,trust God for the best,seek for a confidant that will bring in hope and restoration where necessary.Dating such a person,you need to understand where she is coming from ,appreciate her fears and clears her doubt.It has to be a real man that will do this.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by igbonla(m): 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2008
Nothing affects you until you allow it. Life is all about perceptions and reactions; at the end, you have to accept the consequences of your actions.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by dyabman(m): 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2008
Man with no legs and just one arm , bleeped a woman of 45 till she cummed , wow, so anything can happen for real. shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Broke Men Always Get Triggered By This? / Does Looks Matter In A Relationship / Something Really Crazy Happened To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.