Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge (40937 Views)

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / Pills Without Husband Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
jp philips:

jesus must really be your house boy or body guard grin
You sound very narrow minded great
Yes, Jesus is always with me, my protector not body guard
If things get so hard on me
I go on my kneels asking for guidance form the Lord
You are very ignorant no disrespect
Why?
You are not open minded
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by pickabeau1: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
texaco1: what do u mean by your statement?..

no im not sick...... maybe you are grin.. are you? cheesy
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by texaco1: 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
2ndChance:

It hasn't gotten to that extent but I am seriously weighing that as an option now especially with her sudden aggression and keeping mute. I may have to make some unpopular decisions and call everyone's bluff soon. Not an easy call though but it's on the table already.
they are winning the game my friend.believe me grin. they are playing their cards right grin . dont play yourself into their hands . KEEP YOUR COOL and STAY CALM.keep them guessing , that is how you can win dont be predictable

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by texaco1: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
pickabeau1:

no im not sick...... maybe you are grin.. are you? cheesy

angry
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by manie(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
It is very obvious that the OP does not have a house of his own.

If your wife told you that she wanted to build a house, will you approve and support your wife.

I assisted my wife with negotiation for building materials and workmanship when she was building her house, the financial independence of wife was the driving force that catalyzed me to succeed more than my wife even though when we first got married the rental income she was generating from the house she inherited from her late mother was more than my annual salary.

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
ATMC: paul was jilted not peter.
ATMC
The way I deal with issues like this
Pray
I Seat down
List from 1 to 10 the things that are important to me
If the person get 7 over 10 - we can work things out
If at the end the score is low
I will move things to the next level
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
2ndChance:

It hasn't gotten to that extent but I am seriously weighing that as an option now especially with her sudden aggression and keeping mute. I may have to make some unpopular decisions and call everyone's bluff soon. Not an easy call though but it's on the table already.

Nairaland will soon bring out the worse of you. She has apologized you still dey find something else. Carry go, when nairalanders break your sweet marriage na dia you go know say khaki nor be leather.

Some ppl here are going through worse, looking for whom to join in their frustration .

I don talk my own. Stop whining and get a grip of your family.

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by jpphilips(m): 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
Mintayo:
what are you saying sire,you are not making any sense(no offence).
Can you try and read the last post of the Op?
@Op,it is a serious issue,with your mother-in-law involve,with her being aggressive even after apologizing,it is a serious issue,something is not right somewhere,you need wisdom to resolve,I hop it has not gotten to the point where you will tell your wife to choose btw you and her mother+the building+the priest.
God will give you wisdom,i am seeing a redlight o.

There is no sense to make here, it is as simple as it gets, if you marry a Nigerian woman and she becomes financially liberated, your life will never be the same, it is the same when you loose your job as a man, the OP has no complaints, he just doesn't want to accept the dish reality is cooking.
whether its influenced by priest, pastor, judas, mary, her mother is irrelevant, the underlying factor is that she earns higher and the Nigerian woman's prophesy must be fulfilled.
the OP has no case, go home and fvck ur wife, cant even believe some people are asking him to send her away WTF!!
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Mintayo(m): 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
clapham:

my Ex gf and i agreed to get married few months ago but her family decide to change it few years later,so i sense that if i dont dump her now soon or later her mum and grandma will be the decision maker which i can not allow,i would rather marry a white lady who cares.
i dont know why some mother in laws still want to know what is going on in thier daughter life.
typical 9ja mentality
that was what happend to someone i know,someone very close to me,his mother-in-law actually ruined his marriage.
I don't know what they gain by doing that...it takes a man with a strong will to put them where they belong.
And again some ladies,smh,if they know they can't do without their mothers,they shld better stay unmarried and stick to their mothers.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
texaco1:
they are winning the game my friend.believe me grin. they are playing their cards right grin . dont play yourself into their hands . KEEP YOUR COOL and STAY CALM.keep them guessing , that is how you can win dont be predictable

See another one. Someone's marriage, you think this is a computer game undecided

OP, be a man and face all the party involved then move ahead.

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by manie(m): 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
[quote author=phineas]I have a big smile on my face as I write this,I'll usually read amused and move on but I feel compelled to write this for the sake of any unfortunate people pleasing Nigerian woman out there reading this.....

Have your own assests completely seperate from your husbands.Either you do it with his permission or not is completely @ ur discretion but be sure it happens.If he's the bullying type hide it well beneath layers of legal paperwork and shadow names and procedures

Its the same Nigeria that the properties that's supposed to belong to the mans family in his absence gets shared by the inlaws,or the happens a lot scenario where he can kicks his wife out for the most flimsy reasons,or when she's 50 for a younger option,and my personal favourite where the guy can marry a 2nd or 3rd wife to..... Share or simply take over all you've saved,sacrificed and suffered so hard to aquire.

if you're not working,use his money,if you're working,use yours.If you agree to what's mine is yours and what is yours is mine,then make sure the legal papers do not bear mr and mrs xyz but mr george and mrs rose xyz.anybody can be mrs xyz only u can be mrs rose xyz u get?.Take a cue from the supposedly rich and powerful bianca still having to fight inlaws despite a will and all, aderinokun of gtb with the wife putting up the fight with "the others"a word for the wise

Lastly If we all stopped been hypocrites and stand to address the ills in our soceity,then no one should really begrudge a woman having her own assets,if she hides it from an unapproving husband and gets "caught" all the shouts of send her out butresses the very need for their seperating investments.

My point,a true man should know in truth,his wifes money is her money and what she does with, her bussiness so long as the family is safe and fed which is his duty.[/quote

Supported.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by 2ndChance: 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
manie: It is very obvious that the OP does not have a house of his own.

If your wife told you that she wanted to build a house, will you approve and support your wife.

I assisted my wife with negotiation for building materials and workmanship when she was building her house, the financial independence of wife was the driving force that catalyzed me to succeed more than my wife even though when we first got married the rental income she was generating from the house she inherited from her late mother was more than my annual salary.
At 34, I already owned storey buildings and bungalows from my sweat and you are here doubting if I owned building or not 5 yrs after. I leave you to keep guessing. That is the least of my problem now.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
jp philips:

There is no sense to make here, it is as simple as it gets, if you marry a Nigerian woman and she becomes financially liberated, your life will never be the same, it is the same when you loose your job as a man, the OP has no complaints, he just doesn't want to accept the dish reality is cooking.
whether its influenced by priest, pastor, judas, mary, her mother is irrelevant, the underlying factor is that she earns higher and the Nigerian woman's prophesy must be fulfilled.
the OP has no case, go home and fvck ur wife, cant even believe some people are asking her to send her away WTF!!
From reading the Op posting
It doesn't look like he is doing bad
If a Nigerian woman think she make more money disrespecting her husband
She doesn't need a Husband
If the Op is not happy he need to do what will make him happy
I
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by texaco1: 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

See another one. Someone's marriage, you think this is a computer game undecided

OP, be a man and face all the party involved then move ahead.

i am telling the op not to take any rash decisions and that he should look before he takes a leap , what is bad in that?whether we like it or not his wife and his mother in law are at this very moment scheming on how to outsmart him it is up to him to choose whether he will remain in the marriage or not but he must consider the implication on his life and children , i dont think i have said anything wrong and besides marriage can be like ps2 or ps 3 at times grin grin

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by manie(m): 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
@ OP, if your wife inherited a house from her father or mother what will you ask her to do with the property. Will you tell to keep it or sell the property?
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Pattey(m): 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
jp philips:

the OP has no case, go home and fvck ur wife, cant even believe some people are asking her to send her away WTF!!

Are you truly dumb or just faking it? OP says they have been holding joint assets; why should the wife now go solo?

OP has acquired properties in both their names but silly upside thinking Nigerians like you think its OK for the woman to now own her stuff in her OWN name alone; and without telling him.

Existing properties are in Mr and Mrs bla bla bla name; If it wasn't for guilty conscience, she would have told him!
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Mintayo(m): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
jp philips:

i don't know what to say to you.
You have been doing something together before,no secrets and without thinking you started a project without informing your husband? I don't know hoe that sound to you,ur husband,ur LIFE PARTNER,someone u want to spend d rest of ur life with? As a matter of fact,such a woman can kill,the issue is nt building a house,d issue is building without infrming your husband,instead involving outsiders.
I don't know how you see it,but it is very bad,what ppl dnt knw is that once u get married,you have signed a life contract...before you know it now she will never involve the husband iin anything again,the Op shld do something fast otherwise his home is heading for the rocks.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by manie(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
2ndChance:
At 34, I already owned storey buildings and bungalows from my sweat and you are here doubting if I owned building or not 5 yrs after. I leave you to keep guessing. That is the least of my problem now.

That is good, you should be very happy that you are blessed with a proactive and forward looking wife. but you need to find out why she did not inform.
My wife informed me of her willingness to build a house, because she knew i will give her my 100% support.

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by 2ndChance: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
manie: @ OP, if your wife inherited a house from her father or mother what will you ask her to do with the property. Will you tell to keep it or sell the property?
KEEP THE PROPERTY of course!!! Why would she sell her property when she is not in any financial crisis? In fact, landed properties and buildings are the last things I will ever advise anyone to sell no matter what. It's her property and she must keep it but courtesy demands that she lets her husband know she has such property.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
manie: @ OP, if your wife inherited a house from her father or mother what will you ask her to do with the property. Will you tell to keep it or sell the property?
I have a rule, the house my daughters will inherit from me belong to my daughter and my daughter a lone
If people get married and one of the person have a full paid property
That property belong to that person, it can be use for the good of the family
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Pattey(m): 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2013

Must you think upside down? How is that equivalent to her actually building it up from scratch? Besides, what you own b4 marriage doesn't count! What counts is from the moment you chose to live together as one!

The fact; he acquired assets in both their names and therefore SHE has NO right to own assets in her name alone. Except the OP has done same!
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by manie(m): 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
obadiah777: it would be obvious. anyway the point is that what the guys wife did is not new. many nigerian women do this behind their husbands back. any nigerian woman who hasnt done it is because she is either a holy woman or if she is not holy, its cuz she hasnt hammered yet. but trust me when i say any woman with means will do it. variety is the spice of life. when women have been nacking the same kondo for over a year it gets boring and predictable. so they start fantasizing about divorce and getting another mans kondo. then they start fantasizing about having their own place in case they decide to run away. thats why they do it.

Have you heard the case of a lady in Lagos, who built a house but was living in a rented house with her husband.

When they were given quit notice in there rented apartment, the husband got another apartment in a different part of Lagos. The family that is the husband,wife and children packed into this new house paying rent to the estate management company in charge of the years for 5 years.

It was when the woman had a quarrel with the husband, and the man told her to live the house that she made the husband know that the property belonged to her and she will instruct her estate manager to give the man quit notice.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by manie(m): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pattey:

Must you think upside down? How is that equivalent to her actually building it up from scratch? Besides, what you own b4 marriage doesn't count! What counts is from the moment you chose to live together as one!

The fact; he acquired assets in both their names and therefore SHE has NO right to own assets in her name alone. Except the OP has done same!

My wife and I operate both joint and personal accounts and assets.

We are just building our joint house, and both of us contribute to the project since we both work.

My wife inherited a house, meaning she has a house before me. This prompted me to work harder in order to build my own personal houses.

We both contribute for the house upkeep, expenses, vacation, education, investment in shares, and then you are free to also have your personal investments.

I am not recommending this model to anybody, but this model worked for my family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by jpphilips(m): 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
clapham:

are you trying to justify the op wife?
men have failed yes,accepted but is that the end of the road? cant both resolve it?
is having secret properties the solution?

personally, i don't see any problem, the OP is simply paranoid, im glad you admitted a lot of men have failed their families, a married man will be outside his matrimonial home by 2:00am drinking beer with bachelors and manchelors, arguing stupid soccer while oogling all the hotties around (not the case with the OP), yet, they have a family at home, are they the kinda husbands their wives do things without consulting them?
what exactly does most Nigerian men have to offer these days?

I will not blame the OP's wife if she chooses not to consult a hubby she believes is mentally incompetent.

there is no problem here OP go home to your family.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by 2ndChance: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
jp philips:

personally, i don't see any problem, the OP is simply paranoid, im glad you admitted a lot of men have failed their families, a married man will be outside his matrimonial home by 2:00am drinking beer with bachelors and manchelors, arguing stupid soccer while oogling all the hotties around (not the case with the OP), yet, they have a family at home, are they the kinda husbands their wives do things without consulting them?

I will not blame the OP's wife if she chooses not to consult a hubby she believes is mentally incompetent.

You're very correct. I am paranoid really and I mentioned that in one one of my posts earlier today but not because she built the house as you are insisting, it is simply because I was not informed. I am not sure you're married cos you're commenting like one frustrated divorcee who is regretting not holding on to the poo his wife was giving him then. And talking of mental competence, there's is hardly anything my wife doesn't seek my opinion on, including issues related to her work, becuase she respects the quality of advice she gets from me which is why I was surprised she could go solo in this case.
In marriages, the best way to go about issues is to place the blame where it rightly belongs. That way, forgiveness becomes easier.

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
jp philips:

I repeat JPphilips
You are very ignorant and narrow minded
two wrong don't make a right
All men are not out at 2:00am drinking beer
"what exactly does most Nigerian men have to offer these days?" A LOT
Sorry if you don't have any thing to offer
There are lot of really men out there like the OP
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by texaco1: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin
reading through this thread i can say that polygamy is the best way to survive a marriage in Nigeria . if one messes up the second one takes over . as simple as abc . if the op was married to two women i doubt if he would be having all this headaches about his wife grin grin grin grin
if you want to live long just marry more than one woman , and let them fight themselves while you just relax and watch grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by manie(m): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
jp philips:

He should go back to the basics, something must be fundamentally wrong for the wife not to have consulted her.

A close relative ( a cousin of mine) is having similar problem, she is building her second house without informing the husband.

The houses are at Ikorodu and Badagry. She told her husband when she bought a land at Ajah in 2002, the husband compelled her to sell the land and they used the money to buy a car. The man said if my cousin wants to continue answering Mrs .w....i.a, she must sell the land. Her pastor told her to obey her husband. This is a man that is still living in a rented apartment earning about N6 million per annum, but believes he will hit a jackpot that will enable him buy a house of 100 million in his choice area of Lagos.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
texaco1: grin grin grin grin
reading through this thread i can say that polygamy is the best way to survive a marriage in Nigeria . if one messes up the second on take over . as simple as abc . if the op was married to two women i doubt if he would be having all this headaches about his wife grin grin grin grin
if you want to live long just marry more than one woman , and let them fight themselves while you just relax and watch grin grin grin
I am not sure if I agreed with you
If he has a second wife,
The woman can justify the reason she build the house without including the husband name
But She still have to inform her husband
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by texaco1: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin
this is my advise
marry another woman . simple and stop giving yourself all these wahala .
you go die oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ,
ok dont say i didnt warn you angry angry angry
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
manie:

He should go back to the basics, something must be fundamentally wrong for the wife not to have consulted her.

A close relative ( a cousin of mine) is having similar problem, she is building her second house without informing the husband.

The houses are at Ikorodu and Badagry. She told her husband when she bought a land at Ajah in 2002, the husband compelled her to sell the land and they used the money to buy a car. The man said if my cousin wants to continue answering Mrs .w....i.a, she must sell the land. Her pastor told her to obey her husband. This is a man that is still living in a rented apartment earning about N6 million per annum, but believes he will hit a jackpot that will enable him buy a house of 100 million in his choice area of Lagos.
Like I told a friend a car is not asset
Any man that make his wife to sell a land to buy car is a FOOL
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by jpphilips(m): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
GoodFaith:
From reading the Op posting
It doesn't look like he is doing bad
If a Nigerian woman think she make more money disrespecting her husband
She doesn't need a Husband
If the Op is not happy he need to do what will make him happy
I

@34 he shouldn't be told that should he?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

13 Pictures That Describe Your Saturday Mornings Growing Up. / I See My Wife As Another Man's Wife. / Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.