Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (36703 Views)

20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person / Received An Unknown Credit Alert! / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by AMADU77: 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
we donno anytin abt ur life n people u may do business wt

- u cant run away from bank cs they have ur documents so dont run away wt money , cs if this is a bank mistake ull surely pay, n if u spend it ull have problem
- it can be some fraud or illegal activity, so bro save urself headache n report the bank n wait maybe the sender will contact u later

money cant come from ghosts , ther's no such thing as " unknown sender " every transaction can be tracked

its just 800k dotn enter wahala for it, no matter how poor u r or u r not

if it was 800M wink than farewell naija grin Jamaica here we comes grin

2 Likes

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by frekzi(m): 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
EFCC will come after u have eaten d cash. it happened to me. N886m was credited in my account.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by InvertedHammer: 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
/
What I will do....

I will withdraw the money and deposit it into my other account in another bank.

When the bank finishes their investigation (if any) and request for the money back...I will give it back.

If no request from the bank and no information on the deposit...God has buttered my bread.

I will give them 6 months. Until then, do not spend the money.

//
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
nutty_hnic: I dont believe this ridiculous fairytale. How come the post is on its third page and such has NEVER happened to anybody.

As a public service to my fellow Nigerians, i believe this is a SCAM. A TYPICAL NIGERIAN SCAM!

The op will then contact you when you choose to help and then he ll ask you for your bank details and one way or the other get YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Typical Nigerian Scam that you guys are already buying into.

Nobody will deposit 800K to your account oooo....the system will reverse it in an hour.

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by chiboy1928(m): 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
So much advice and story pple saying wrong postin or mistake from a customer or wrong account no.but don't u guys know dat most of dose banks employees are criminal dem self they used customers account To do fraudulent tings in terms of creditin the account were by u the customers would be wondering hw such money get into they accounT but dnt forget it can be done by the staff of the bank and he will lie low waitin if d money is nt withdraw afta some months he will withdraw the money bck from the account himself and if u as the customer now go to withdraw the said money he will track u so no dis he is not alone on dis he has got anoda insider who Is also an employee of d bank working wit him on dat scheme so wen u come to withdraw they trace u to track u and recover that money from u without returning it to the bank it could be fund they stole fr the bank and they used customers account to perform frivolous transaction my guy be wise a lot of scam happens dis day in d bank by the same employee working for dose banks shine ur eyes and don't touch dat money cos nobody in d bank right nw is trust worthy even down to the MD himself be wise live dat money and if u must return it follow the rite step u no wat I mean tanks!

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by dryakson(m): 10:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
nutty_hnic: I dont believe this ridiculous fairytale. How come the post is on its third page and such has NEVER happened to anybody.

As a public service to my fellow Nigerians, i believe this is a SCAM. A TYPICAL NIGERIAN SCAM!

The op will then contact you when you choose to help and then he ll ask you for your bank details and one way or the other get YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Typical Nigerian Scam that you guys are already buying into.

Nobody will deposit 800K to your account oooo....the system will reverse it in an hour.

You say your mind though but never ever think am a scammer.
Some people here in nairaland sent me PM but didn't reply any because I don't know who is who.
Thanks for the advice
Thinking of posting the screen shot as a proof
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by presegsADESIDA(m): 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
dryakson: I know Many Will never belive it but it is true.
I share with you guys because I need advise badly.
I hate something like Yahoo of a thing

Don't mind people as it do happen.Was it not on Tuesday's afternoon that I checked my UBA account balance with my UMOBILE & I saw N65,000 plus whereas I only had N4,000 plus in it paid by a client of mine the previous day.
But lucky for them that I was so busy that day that I was only able to check my account balance in the afternoon and network was bad then and if not,I should have but I later got to check my account some minutes later and got to observe that the money has dissappeared away from my account leaving behind my N4,000 plus.
I know of a friend that got alert of N50,000 into his account,he went to complain but the bank told him that he his the owner of the money and the guy spent the money without having any issue up till today close to a year now but at least,he has lodged in the complain even if any issue will arise later.

My piece of advice for you as a patriotic Nigerian is to go to your bank's branch to let them know.
In addition to that,play safe and be wise.

2 Likes

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by slex(m): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
bros dont worry the senders of the money will come and tell you its them and latert give you your share while you will keep the money till when they need it

q.e.d

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by janco: 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
[b][/b]what is mistakenly sent, should be honourably returned.
If it was you that mistakenly transfered 800k to a wrong account and the person refused to refund it, how would you feel?

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
like stella, do what is needfull.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by butday(m): 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
Dats wot all dis kidnappers do nw oo. Dey deposits money in2 unknwn persns acct. A frnd of mine is in jail nw kos his number was sent to d family of som1 da was kidnapped... So my advise,cast ur mind back,do u giv ur acct details out recently Any1 u gav it to mayb a kidnapper da wana implicate u jst lyk ma frnd. So da money shuld wait fr period or better stil,transfr it to anoda branch and mayb chnge environment kos dos da sent d money in2 ur acct rr watching yu.

Uw
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Godson201333(m): 11:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
This guy no smart at alll...Maybe you dont normally pray for uncommon favor
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Ediskcab(m): 11:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
it must av bn a postin error by a teller. Pls dnt spend dat money it'll defin8ly end dat teller's banking career. Worst still he/she might even b an outsourced staff. Imagine d teller was ur close relative
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Deschil: 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sometimes bankers when they are personally engaged in fraud do this; they'll remove it later. Sometimes too its used for money laundering-they "mistakenly" lodge huge sums of money into random almost inactive accounts, when the heat is off they withdraw it; if you use it the criminal will know you did but won't be able to protest. Do not touch it however-notify the bank so you will not partake in the consequences of evil.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Rexsul: 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
*draw him back* yaksn na u?.....oboy u don hammer b dat o.....abeg no 4gt ur loyal boy Rex o *winks*
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by deltateam: 12:12am On Nov 03, 2013
GBONGBOCLAAT! grin Badt boi

AMADU77: we donno anytin abt ur life n people u may do business wt

- u cant run away from bank cs they have ur documents so dont run away wt money , cs if this is a bank mistake ull surely pay, n if u spend it ull have problem
- it can be some fraud or illegal activity, so bro save urself headache n report the bank n wait maybe the sender will contact u later

money cant come from ghosts , ther's no such thing as " unknown sender " every transaction can be tracked

its just 800k dotn enter wahala for it, no matter how poor u r or u r not

if it was 800M wink than farewell naija grin Jamaica here we comes grin

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Rejoice5000(f): 12:22am On Nov 03, 2013
Liar go ad hide joor
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by adewasco2k(m): 12:44am On Nov 03, 2013
I know how tempting it can get....the more you ponder on the matter the more likely you are going to do the wrong thing by trying to get smart around it, please dont even think twice, 8AM on monday you should be at your bank's gate to lodge a complain, if you spend that money believe me you will pay for it now or later and now just 800k but something worth more.
#TalkIsCheap but i think i will do just what seems right #returnIt
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by freakyhat: 12:51am On Nov 03, 2013
tell me u didnt know u can visit or call the bank to know the depositor . . .

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 03, 2013
dont even touch it bro.
dont even leave it there, just visit ur bank and notify them.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by tundebj(m): 1:39am On Nov 03, 2013
Eyop: I will advice you go to your bank and lodge the complain atleast from there they will be able to trace where the money came from(it may have been a wrong posting). Don't be in a hurry to spend someone's money because if you do,you will pay back big time.
dis is a better choice
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by adorable29(f): 2:34am On Nov 03, 2013
martin92: My dear. Withdraw the money and if the bank later calls u dat it was a mistake, sue the bank to court...trust me it is ur legal rite and the court wil surely make sure dat the bank wil pay u a huge sum of money 4 causing an embarassment 2 u
hahaha! Embarrassed you with #800,000! Na wa O.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Afolayan123: 2:49am On Nov 03, 2013
@op,what goes around comes around,fear GOD,it's very simple walk into the bank,lodge ur complain if it's a wrong post.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 03, 2013
Truckpusher: THIEF sad

lol
Baba eh..
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 03, 2013
Wizpa :
Alas I found you... See... Oga... I was the one dat paid the money mistakenly into your account... Pls kindly send d money back to me. Inshort take 10k for opening up and send the remaining 790k.. U r a Goood citizen of diz country Nwagwor Johnson Stephen. Access bank 0013873349.. God bless you

how can you stoop this low and make a mess of yourself on the internet? But seriously you really think he would send the money even IF its yours?
Anambrarians are too smart for this are you from Ebonyi?
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by aggiel: 3:34am On Nov 03, 2013
Exactly u made the right point, so many of these bankers are dubious, they look for inactive accounts with large sums of money that has gone into dormant for long period of time, like 2yrs, they presume the owner must have died, especially when the check the acc. details and notice its an aged person. Now they transfer bits of the money to unknown pple's account with the intention to debit the acc. later within 24hrs and re-post the money to their own/family member acc. Now sometimes, they miss some of the accounts they transferred the stolen money to , so I guess that's why the money is still in the OP account till now, OP if they didn't debit your acc. within 48hrs, they won't again, ask me why?
It is a fraudulent transactions, they don't wanna be caught, and even if u go to lodge a complaint in ur bank they won't even listen/take action,cos they know the implications. Someone I know was also credited with 475k last year, he left it for 8days, and when it wasn't debited he removed the cash.
Some of these banks are fond of putting old pple's account with considerable sums into dormant. Within a space of 6months, my old papi's account was put into dormant 3 times, the most annoying was after re-activating it and paying in, they reversed it back to dormant after 4days. I don't know, but that's their latest tactics, praying that those aged pple's account holders would pass away, their account still dormant.

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by mathskill: 4:19am On Nov 03, 2013
dryakson: I know Many Will never belive it but it is true.
I share with you guys because I need advise badly.
I hate something like Yahoo of a thing
I was a banker so i can claim to be in a knowledgeable position to know what happened. It is simply a case of wrong capture/posting by a bank teller/cashier into your account. This could arise either because the depositor made a mistake and instead wrote your account number on the teller or the bank officer erroneously posted the wrong account number which happened to be yours. There are checks and balances in banks to mitigate this problems such as the daily call over of vouchers to printed entry into accounts. So i will be surprised if they havent figured out by now. To be on the safe side it is better to report to your bankers and inform them.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by linearity: 4:25am On Nov 03, 2013
OP, something is not right here....in this day and age of CBN's policy of 'know your customers', it is nearly impossible for a bank transaction to occur when the other party is 'unknown'.

I have done many online banking transfers within Nigeria and many physical deposits, in each case the identity of the person making the transaction is known. Ordinary, I will call you bluff and say you are lying your ass off.

If on a slim chance, you are telling the truth...then it could be as a result of bank error or someone that knows the in-and out of the bank trying to shuffle money fraudulently around and they are using your account as a pass through in order to cover their tracks or confuse whoever will want to trace the money in the future should they be busted.

It is really difficult to give you a sound advice here....if you leave the money there for weeks or months...and the person eventually show up, you would have paid some VAT and Commission and when they withdraw their N800K, you will be left holding the bags. If you remove the money and spend it, you might be prosecuted for theft, unless the money have been there for a considerable amount of time that is can be considered abandoned.....If you try to withdraw and transfer it to another bank account or to invest it, you never know if it is a trap and you might be lead out of the banking hall in handcuffs....if you report it to the bank manager, he might cash in on it and siphon the money out.......

If I were you, I will open a savings account (if I do not already have one) with the bank and transfer the money into that saving account and leave it there to collect interest over at least one year. Even by 9ja legal standard, 12 months is enough time to consider a property abandoned....you can look up the law to determine the exacting timing...
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by leeland(m): 4:34am On Nov 03, 2013
Please don't spend the money,wait till 6mths,and if the money is still there,you can spend it.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Mustay(m): 4:39am On Nov 03, 2013
Someone or some people are trying to use the OP as an accessory to money laundering if this wasn't a mistake. The OP wants to fall maga. Like someone said here, to chop the money sweet for belle, to vomit am for EFCC office no go sweet o. There's no need beating about the bush here - what's not yours ain't yours!!!

If on a slim chance, you are telling the truth...then it could be as a result of bank error or someone that knows the in-and out of the bank trying to shuffle money fraudulently around and they are using your account as a pass through in order to cover their tracks or confuse whoever will want to trace the money in the future should they be busted.

Touche ^^^ With all the stringent financial regulations in Nigeria, it's just a case of looking for a scapegoat here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto / Nigerian Customs Blacklists GTB, Fidelity, Diamond Banks / Nairalander And Twin Brother Swags At Onitsha Mall- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.