Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (36705 Views)

20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person / Received An Unknown Credit Alert! / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by olatunji71: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Be very careful in d way you handle this issue. It must have been a wrong posting from d bank. Endeavour to make proper investigation before touching it
Becks if u don't, it might put u in hot waters. I once had a friend(my his soul R.I.P) whom was sent to his early grave thru d same means. 2m was wrongly posted
into his acc. and he went ahead to spend it only for d bank to come back and asked for him to pay back with so much interest accruing overtime. D interest even
SUPERSEDE d actual amount 3 times over. He eventually died in d course of repaying back d said amount.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Any money depisited into your personal account is yours, since you're not responsible for the mistake.
BTW, I don't think it was a mistake. Names and account number are confirmed before posting. It's almost impossible.
Most bankers are thieves, tell them about it and they'll move the money to their personal account.
I don't have to tell you my experiences with bankers, but I can assure you, that's what will happen if you open up to them.
If you really want to return the money, just wait until you're called upon. And it may never happen.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by fankasibe: 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
<<singing>>
some have food they can not eat, some can eat but there is no food.....

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by fankasibe: 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
olatunji71: Be very careful in d way you handle this issue. It must have been a wrong posting from d bank. Endeavour to make proper investigation before touching it
Becks if u don't, it might put u in hot waters. I once had a friend(my his soul R.I.P) whom was sent to his early grave thru d same means. 2m was wrongly posted
into his acc. and he went ahead to spend it only for d bank to come back and asked for him to pay back with so much interest accruing overtime. D interest even
SUPERSEDE d actual amount 3 times over. He eventually died in d course of repaying back d said amount.
sorry to say, your friend has no sense of financial law and that was why he was cheated.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by fankasibe: 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
Britishmicky: Inform d bank about d money da may offer u sometin better as a good citizen
did i hear u say 'good citizen'? That is like saying u prefer maiduguri to Abuja.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
Eyop: We agree that some of the bankers are corporate hieves but why advice the guy the wrong way? If he complains at the bank about the money in his account it will be better for him because he has made it officially known to them. I am not talking of discussing it with the customer care unit but rather with the Branch manager that handles the affairs of the branch. Advising him to invest that money is bad because business is unpredictable and what if he invest the money and something goes bad along the line and the owner comes back for his money will you now be providing money for him to repay back?
if he reports to the bank, they would make him go through terrifying investigations. A similar situation happened to my friend. She wanted to be a good nigerian so she reported to the bank. She was interogated like a criminal suspect and her account was blocked. She was made to be coming to the bank every three days for a month to give reports and fill countless of forms. After the whole experience, she regretted ever reporting to the stupid bank. She didnt even get a 'THANK YOU'
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by ronnietilo: 1:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
dryakson: It sounds silly but belive me or not it is PURELY real. I receive credit alert about a week now notifying me of 800,000 naira into my bank account from an unknown person, I was extremely surprised I even thought is 800 naira until I refresh my eyes and saw 800,000.
I quickly login my mobile money app to see my balance and the money was there.
I called the callable to if anyone sent money to me but non, though I didn't tell then about the 800,000 I asked tactically and uptil now nobody knows about the money.
My fellow nairalanders please advise me before you people hear story that touch.

Should I go and withdraw the money?

Should I wait like months or even year?

If it happens to be the bank mistake, will they hold me responsible after I spent the money?

Please advise me on what to do.
Thanks

Fix the money and collect interest for 6 - 12 months.. if the owner/bank requests for it fine . otherwise the money is Manna..
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Eyop: 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
It happened to your friend and not you so don't conclude that the same thing your friend passed through will happen to this man. You don't know the circumstances that surrounded that of your friend. Why on earth will they interrogate him like a criminal? If they decide to block the account after the whole investigation,good and fine but let him do the right thing.
marvis5077: if he reports to the bank, they would make him go through terrifying investigations. A similar situation happened to my friend. She wanted to be a good nigerian so she reported to the bank. She was interogated like a criminal suspect and her account was blocked. She was made to be coming to the bank every three days for a month to give reports and fill countless of forms. After the whole experience, she regretted ever reporting to the stupid bank. She didnt even get a 'THANK YOU'

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by akinladejo: 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pls I beg u in d name of d living God to go to d bank and tell them. It was a wrong posting and somebody is definately going to pay for that if u spend d money.pls go to d bank and complain.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by chukel(m): 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
dryakson: It sounds silly but belive me or not it is PURELY real. I receive credit alert about a week now notifying me of 800,000 naira into my bank account from an unknown person, I was extremely surprised I even thought is 800 naira until I refresh my eyes and saw 800,000.
I called the callable to if anyone sent money to me but non, though I didn't tell then about the 800,000 I asked tactically and uptil now nobody knows about the money.
My fellow nairalanders please advise me before you people hear story that touch.

If it happens to be the bank mistake, will they hold me responsible after I spent the money?

Thanks
The money was not paid into ur account mistakenly. The person who did dat transaction kns ur name nd account number . U may be lucky. Dia was a time EFCC was afte a certain well known politician in rivers state who is nw based in abuja, he asked his bank to diverge his money into ppls accounts to reduce suspicion. It may have happened to u. But my advice is- go see the bank manager of the issuing bank
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by rahjan: 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
little wonder Nigeria is this bad. i am really dissappointed to read the comments of our tommorrow leaders. @ OP, are u expecting such an amount

of money? If not, why are you even contemplating the withdrawal of the money? Dont make any mistakes, if the money is not yours then its not

yours leave it there. eventually the error will be detected. The bank never loses; they will always try to recover the money from you and if they

fail, the employee who made the error will be made to pay. These days most of those people who put on suits at the counters are contract staff

whose salary most likely is not up to 70k a month. put your self in such a persons shoes and withdraw the money if your conscience is okay with

it.

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by oduz: 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2013

Thanks

Report to your Bank Manager, accompanied by Journalists & become a Hero

[size=18pt]Touch it & u may END UP IN JAIL[/size]

IF u Finally get there, u will notice a lot of writings on the wall

Be Gracious enough to quote this WARNING on the wall, to warn others

If in doubt seek Legal Advice

Or go to First Bank HQ, ask of what happened to a customer who mistakenly saw the balance of another customer of same name on ATM & spent it, they may be kind enough to give u his cell address

Those who are now 'Approving' that u should do the 'needful' will not be there when your picture appear in the newspapers for the Wrong things & some innocent members of your family are holding Tearful get-togethers, God Forbid

Best Wishes cool

2 Likes

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by herquleez(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Oro pesi je
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by LEXYCOM: 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
I beg remind me the film dis happen.....
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by maxman10(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
My heart bleeds, tears roll down my eyes as I see pple desperate for evil. Whr went all d love, d values of doing wht is rite, b4 man if nt God. Very pathetic dt majority f d early posters r wicked nd dnt like u atall @ OP talk more of sharn any love wth u, no wondr Nigeria is dis way, godliness hs gone wth d wind...

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
pls do not spend the money. do the right thing. inform ur bank of d mistake.

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by viexcey(f): 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
It could be wrong posting, just inform your bank should incase any issue comes up. That's the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by blackky100(m): 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
This is obviously a wrong posting. Check the narration you will be able to know if it is internet banking transfer or mobile banking or RTGS or NEFT or posting by individual.

Don't listen to those telling you to spend it, the money might be tempting but what happens to yours conscience after the money is spent. Each time someone calls you from unknown number your heat begins to beat. Is that worth the stress? My answer is no.

Remember the bank have your complete details including your photo and home address.

During call-over or reconciliation the bank will call for the money. It might not be today but if the bank have good internal control system the money will be detected by tomorrow Monday. They will reverse it without contacting you but during reversal and account is not funded I sure you they will call you to fund the account to enable them reverse but where you can't fund then wahala for you.

Please don't spend the money.

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Abojupupa: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
For Nigeria to be great, all of us have a role to play. Report the mistake to the bank and be counted among the good ones in Nigeria. Put yourself in the shoes of the one (teller or depositor) who made the mistake. Your honour is at stake here.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hey buddy it once happen to my brother, he withdrew it immediately and when they called the next day, he said he was expecting some money and immediately he got the alert he had used it but he promised to pay after a month which he did since he used the money for business...
He was on his right cus that was his account and he never hacked into the bank.lol but if he did not return it idk what would have happened but i am sure they will beg cus they were begging him ni before he promised...
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by ixora3(f): 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
@OP..that money was actually someones mistake..money dosnt enta any1 account..mayb an error or ommission of a digit andd ur account number pops out and the teller credits ur account..Mayb the depositor has not realised the money has not reached the account..if he does he would definitely go to the bank and the teller might be sacked and his superrvisor but trust me they would find out the account. The money wascredited into and trace you with your account opening package..remember u got a whole lot of informations even ur nxt of kin...I. Would advise u go to any branch and ask of the operations head and talk 2 him...Remember u neva make a fortune out of such wealth..God be with u Bro...Be guided accordingly
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by SuyaEater(m): 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
Withdraw it ...and close that account and deposit it in a new account ... grin grin
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by lharstborn(m): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
Do the "needful"
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by andyanders: 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
I bet you by tomorrow, almost all the banks in Nigeria will advise all their branches to check all credit or debit of N800,000 posted within the last one week.

Already most bankers here in nairaland should by tomorrow morning contact all headquarters to check posting in the amount of N800,000.00.

If it is First Bank, they will check all credit of N800,000 made within the last one week.

So, Op, NEVER touch the amount and better go to your bank because you have already opened up and we all thank you for bringing this issue out. Your own money will be coming when you work hard for it. Any attempt to tamper with it, will send you to Kirikiri.

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 04, 2013
jerrymania: Thank God you have spoken at Last. Its mine, i sent it to a wrong account number.. Thank God ohhhhhhh. Please p.m me so i tell you how to snd it bck to me
lwtmb grin. grin
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by mavinc4u(f): 1:12am On Nov 04, 2013
op please return the money. there is a blessing in disguise that awaits you but devil is trying to block that for you. think out of the box.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 04, 2013
cheee!
See hungry nigerians,everybody wants to spend money he didnt work for. Oshofree go kill una.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2013
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 04, 2013
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Vikktorr(m): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Please go to your bank and report the case. Thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto / Nigerian Customs Blacklists GTB, Fidelity, Diamond Banks / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today (throwback Vs Now Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.