Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:43 PM

N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (37334 Views)

20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person / Received An Unknown Credit Alert! / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 03, 2013
OP which level now, u know what a smart nigerian like you can do, u con dey make our mouth water for nothing for here..abeg do wetin u like with d money and Bleep off from here.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by betfair(m): 5:03am On Nov 03, 2013
Make sure you speak with your bank concerning it... especially with your bank manager. THEY will investigate by checking the branch from which that payment was made, and even call the depositor, but where they cannot contact the person and it's obvoiusly not a mistake from the branch, then you can use the money.

When using the money, i don't me you finish it. What you do with such money is to invest it into any business that at any time in future you are called upon for the money, you can actually provide the money back and even more.

2 Likes

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by brabus(m): 5:04am On Nov 03, 2013
Eyop: I will advice you go to your bank and lodge the complain atleast from there they will be able to trace where the money came from(it may have been a wrong posting). Don't be in a hurry to spend someone's money because if you do,you will pay back big time.

Lie! @OP, spend the money. Nothing will happen. Talking from experience
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by emmabest2000(m): 5:09am On Nov 03, 2013
iluvweed: See this man saaa! FOR THIS HARD TIME WEY MONEY NO DEY

You are in the north and the money came in from lagos

Da Bleep you waiting for

Man clear your account and close the bank account ASAP!...Just open another account with another bank and dont deposit the money inside the new one....Just Invest right away so Once the owner comes someday he will be glad to see what you've done with the money...

GOD HAS GIVE YOU A LOAN !!! USE IT WELL!
EASY COME EASY GO grin
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by ochallo: 5:20am On Nov 03, 2013
I am alarmed at how stupid and greedy nigerians are, just like their political leaders. @ poster, that money was mistakenly posted into your account which was meant to be posted into another account, eventually someone would ask for it, a cashier made the mistake or the account number was wrong, eventually the person who has the money would go to the bank make a lot of trouble then, they would trace the account and send a message to your branch, they may never find you but someone else would have to pay for that money. It was not just created by magic, it is someone;s money and someone would eventually pay for it. If you intend to run your life on money that doesn't belong to you , then be ready for what ever comes your way.

3 Likes

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by egoldman(m): 5:44am On Nov 03, 2013
Most of the advice here is for the guy to spend the money , and we keep saying our leaders are crooks , do we really have hope for the this country again ?
OP for your information , spending that money will land you in jail faster than you may think , in your profile with the bank must have been your address and contact number , details of your next of kin must have been there also .
Now think of a scenario where the bank pass this infor to the EFCC to investigate and you will understand the kind of heat you will face .

3 Likes

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 03, 2013
dryakson: I know Many Will never belive it but it is true.
I share with you guys because I need advise badly.
I hate something like Yahoo of a thing
=) nice 1
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by DeGrace01(m): 5:53am On Nov 03, 2013
OP if this is real pls go to the bank and complain, try to see how to get to the owner. Is not a blessing at all your blessing is on the way if you return it to the rightful owner.
tnks and never u listen to those u advise u to keep the money.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by sweetflame(m): 5:56am On Nov 03, 2013
Simple! Goto the bank n tell them what's on ground! What's confusing there , maybe you're confused cus u want the money so you're hiding it! ,HONESTY pays oooo!
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by tope3x(m): 6:02am On Nov 03, 2013
it's real,anytime I travelled to naija,I see strange amount of money in my account...more than what I should see...I ones saw 580k in my account last year,it's just the truth. ...op I believe you

2 Likes

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by diehard1: 6:20am On Nov 03, 2013
Very simple, don't spend the money. Someone made a mistake somewhere. You could report to the bank that u need the contact of who paid the money to your account. Hope they will be able to find that. You don't want to see your pictures on the pages of newspaper for fraud. Even if you close the account, your picture and financial history will still be in the bank. Be wise
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by tope3x(m): 6:21am On Nov 03, 2013
bro u too wise. ..I have met such transactions in my account before and have never hesitated to withdrawn it and nothing fit happen....This is some kind of money stolen within the bank itself. ...so everyone is a thief...return ko returner ni
yusufogrin: ok. . .follow my brainstep
1.the person walked into a bank with 800k

2.he or she picked up a deposit slip

3.he filled up the blank spaces on d slip e.g with ur account number and ur real name

4.he also filled his name and phone number on d list

5.the banker or wateva collected d slip from the payee and verify both the reciever's account number and account name

6.after verification,he transfered the money to ur account

now are u guy pondering what am pondering

bank wil neva forward a transaction if the account name and number doesnt match

how did d payee get ur real account number and name

so therefore. . . Itz d work of d manager or a staff at the bank

they wil keep d money in ur account so as to avoid traces

if u dont withdraw it within dis short range of time. . .the money wil dissapear. . .trust me on dat
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by alexvatt(m): 6:22am On Nov 03, 2013
For advice, contact me on vattvatt@nokiamail.com
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 03, 2013
how then can Nigeria ever be better when all we all thing is how to defraud another? the comments on this thread are a reflection of everything wrong with Nigeria.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Lanruze: 6:51am On Nov 03, 2013
;DDear OP, I would love to ask you firstly if it was an electronic transfer of Cash deposit into your account ? In any case it would still be traced to you cos it was a mistake. I work in a Bank and something similar happened to one of my customer's with the same amount as yours N800K. The Bank teller used the account name which was "SHEKINAH NUR.& PRI SCHL" to search for the account no and found the name on the computer and posted into the above mentioned account,that was in Enugu. After a week "SHEKINAH NUR.& PRI SCHL"proprietor came to complain that he didn't get any transaction alert when the account was checked to confirm there was no such lodgment. After confirmation, It was discovered that the money was mistakenly lodged into another"SHEKINAH NUR.& PRI SCHL" with the same" account name in Ekiti. This was after 2weeks of the mistake !!! Imagine what the other man whose account was mistakenly credited did with the money ? He used it complete his Primary School Building which was uncompleted for 4years grin . Bro, The man paid the money back and looked stupid in the eyes of his Bankers. Can anybody in present day Nigeria make such a mistake? Don't spend that money is an advise I'll give you cos the owner will discover soon. "Despise the free launch"
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by osram(m): 6:54am On Nov 03, 2013
Dat your own share of d national cake...enjoy
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by boonbiti: 6:55am On Nov 03, 2013
My dear,do not make the mistake of borrowing from ur future,and in paying back,u'l pay in tripple fold with pains.my candid advise is for u to complain to your bank.they will alert who did the wrong posting to correct it.takia

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by femi9naija(m): 6:57am On Nov 03, 2013
it's a tempting time for u. but honestly speaking, talk to ur bank. u will surely be rewarded one day. Take that from me.
don't be like a friend who had d same 'luck', spent it, bank got him and became difficult to pay back. such money is easy to spend but difficult to pay back.
we complain about bad leadership, Corruption etc, going by some comments on here, Nigeria will be worse off by these future leaders. SMH
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by 49cents(m): 7:09am On Nov 03, 2013
This is not the blassing of God anything!!!
God will NEVER give you money in this manner!!!

It is a test that God allows for you to pass through.......

Like someone said check the email alert for details of the tranxaction and write to the approriate quarters at CBN

Relax and enjoy the blessings God has already given you!!!

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by cnsprince(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2013
Please report to your bank first. If you touch a dime, you will have yourself to blame at last. Besides, you will be displaying unprecedented patriotism if you make that official report.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by kabayomi(m): 7:17am On Nov 03, 2013
Okay you have been given tons of advice and you have just two options

1. Enjoy what is not yours and face the consequences later.

2. Be like that boy who wanted to withdraw his last #500 only to discover that 5M had been in his account for over 3 month.. He was rewarded even by the church, bank and media.

What will you do? ? ?

PS: If you are thinking it might be a fraud why not call the customer care line or email them..

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by ndbaba(m): 7:27am On Nov 03, 2013
someone jst said a bank cannot post money without first verifying d acct no and name. While dis is through sometyms d telles can make a mistake while typing d acct no and d money wil b posted into a wrong acct so at d end of d day d teller would stil balance but eventualy d person dat paid in d money wil come 2 d branch 2 complain dat d money he sent did nt go 2 d reciever. His acct wil b cald up and they wil discover d error d teller's name wil b there 2. D wrong acct wil b calld up and if d money is no longer there, d bank wil refund d money, d teller wil b arrestd, his acct wiped clean til he pays back d bank then fired. So my advise is move d fund 2 anoda bank first then go to ur bank ask for d head of operations and ask 2 see d deposit slip wit which d transaction was then u can verify for urself if it was a mistake or nt
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Candour(m): 7:28am On Nov 03, 2013
ochallo: I am alarmed at how stupid and greedy nigerians are, just like their political leaders. @ poster, that money was mistakenly posted into your account which was meant to be posted into another account, eventually someone would ask for it, a cashier made the mistake or the account number was wrong, eventually the person who has the money would go to the bank make a lot of trouble then, they would trace the account and send a message to your branch, they may never find you but someone else would have to pay for that money. It was not just created by magic, it is someone;s money and someone would eventually pay for it. If you intend to run your life on money that doesn't belong to you , then be ready for what ever comes your way.

God bless you for this post.

Today is sunday and i'm sure plenty of my comrades advising the OP to spend money that doesn't belong to him will be lifting 'holy hands' in church this morning. This kind of scenario is why i believe we deserve the evil and corrupt leaders we get because they were once like us; unable to be honest about simple things. After they finish destroying the country, they join us in our religious centers to pray for God to come and fix the problem we all jointly created.

Nothing do us jare. Let us all carry go after all God is always there to repair the damage we willfully cause. Nonsense and ingredient angry

@OP, Abeg go and complain at the bank first thing on monday morning o. One poor teller in that bank will pay that money and lose his or her job if you dont. It's purely error posting and banks show no mercy on issues like this. Pls have pity and dont help destroy the career of your fellow Nigerian. For you to speak up even shows you have some honesty in you so pls go the full length and make an official report.

May God almighty bless you plenty.

1 Like

Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Youngzedd(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2013
@OP

Making use of that money which is not yours is criminal act.
Do to others what you will like others to do for you.

If you dare spend the money, it's a promise you pay it through your anus.

Report the case to the bank that transfered the money into your account as soon as possible, because the owners must surely come looking for it.

Be careful, use your tongue to count your teeths. This is not 18 century.

Happy Sunday.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Youngzedd(m): 7:32am On Nov 03, 2013
Why do NL first page always have a lot of silly comments.

The 1st page of this thread is filled with criminal thoughts.

Just look at the way Nigerians think, you want a corrupt free government but within you you're corrupt.
Everybody is hammering the word corruption.
If we Nigerians want a corrupt free government, it begins with us.

Damn yit!!

Am so disappointed with the comments I'm seeing here.

Advising your fellow country man to spend what isn't his.

No offence pls.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Yazmin: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2013
yusufogrin: ok. . .follow my brainstep
1.the person walked into a bank with 800k

2.he or she picked up a deposit slip

3.he filled up the blank spaces on d slip e.g with ur account number and ur real name

4.he also filled his name and phone number on d list

5.the banker or wateva collected d slip from the payee and verify both the reciever's account number and account name

6.after verification,he transfered the money to ur account

now are u guy pondering what am pondering

bank wil neva forward a transaction if the account name and number doesnt match

how did d payee get ur real account number and name

so therefore. . . Itz d work of d manager or a staff at the bank

they wil keep d money in ur account so as to avoid traces

if u dont withdraw it within dis short range of time. . .the money wil dissapear. . .trust me on dat

Hmmmmm dis guy above thinks he sounds smart, but on the contrary.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
This is the most common and sincere error in bank transactions..
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by meforyou1(m): 7:49am On Nov 03, 2013
It's fraud to withdraw money that is not yours. You should better report the matter to your bank now and save yourself a lot of stress. The bank will eventually find out soon sef
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by christopherck: 7:52am On Nov 03, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
My friend honestly I will advice you to report to the bank, this also happen to a friend of my he got an alert and went ahead to use the money after some months the bank got his information and made him to pay he was even arrested for not comming forward to report in the first place
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Nonywendy(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2013
dryakson: It sounds silly but belive me or not it is PURELY real. I receive credit alert about a week now notifying me of 800,000 naira into my bank account from an unknown person, I was extremely surprised I even thought is 800 naira until I refresh my eyes and saw 800,000.
I quickly login my mobile money app to see my balance and the money was there.
I called the callable to if anyone sent money to me but non, though I didn't tell then about the 800,000 I asked tactically and uptil now nobody knows about the money.
My fellow nairalanders please advise me before you people hear story that touch.

Should I go and withdraw the money?

Should I wait like months or even year?

If it happens to be the bank mistake, will they hold me responsible after I spent the money?

Please advise me on what to do.
Thanks
dnt spend d money, its an error posting. Dnt eat u dnt knw of, God wil surely bless u if u inform d bank of d error.
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Youngzedd(m): 7:55am On Nov 03, 2013
Candour:

God bless you for this post.

Today is sunday and i'm sure plenty of my comrades advising the OP to spend money that doesn't belong to him will be lifting 'holy hands' in church this morning. This kind of scenario is why i believe we deserve the evil and corrupt leaders we get because they were once like us; unable to be honest about simple things. After they finish destroying the country, they join us in our religious centers to pray for God to come and fix the problem we all jointly created.

Nothing do us jare. Let us all carry go after all God is always there to repair the damage we willfully cause. Nonsense and ingredient angry

@OP, Abeg go and complain at the bank first thing on monday morning o. One poor teller in that bank will pay that money and lose his or her job if you dont. It's purely error posting and banks show no mercy on issues like this. Pls have pity and dont help destroy the career of your fellow Nigerian. For you to speak up even shows you have some honesty in you so pls go the full length and make an official report.

May God almighty bless you plenty.

+1000

Don't mind them, Jonathan is corrupt and they are corrupt free.
Just because of only 800,000 this guy want to commit silly act which must surely hunt him. Common 800k OK Ooo.

This thread shows us how corrupt we all are.

Let me see any of you that will open your mouth and condemn Mr President or Oduah that He/She is corrupt.

This is why I don't pray for Nigeria because we are the cause of our problems.

I will be the last person to pray for this country, until we all change our criminal minds.

Some of them are inside the church now, doing holy holy. Who dey wan deceive I no no.
Praying for our country Nigeria is a waste of time period.

Am very annoyed with the advise I'm seeing here.

#Anger
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by Youngzedd(m): 8:01am On Nov 03, 2013
christopherck: [color=#006600][/color]
My friend honestly I will advice you to report to the bank, this also happen to a friend of my he got an alert and went ahead to use the money after some months the bank got his information and made him to pay he was even arrested for not comming forward to report in the first place

Just leave him, it's a must He will pay through the anus.

A word is enough for ............
Re: N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice by pareto(m): 8:04am On Nov 03, 2013
Go to the bank that they should help you check the depositor. If not that Branch, let them get in touch with the branch where the payment is made. Two things must have happened.1, a wrong posting 2, fraud. But if it were to be fraud, it must have been withdrawn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay / Moment Market Women Tackled Colleague For Selling Garri At A Cheaper Price (Vid) / (HOT) How to Make MONEY the way BANKS do using VTU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.