Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? (27083 Views)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: what more can i say. Only d holy once will b saved.
Yaaaah
*fervently nodding my head*
Tho I'm still waiting fr d ansa 2 my questn ooo
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Yaaaah
*fervently nodding my head*
Tho I'm still waiting fr d ansa 2 my questn ooo
vicki stop all this. You know what is good and what is bad. Aren't you?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: vicki stop all this. You know what is good and what is bad. Aren't you?
Ok jokes apart nw,what am I suposed 2 do aprt frm clapping.Ok I dance dese dances bt I dnt shake anythng nw,and besides what I wear 2 church wnt let anythng shake sef.So?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Ok jokes apart nw,what am I suposed 2 do aprt frm clapping.Ok I dance dese dances bt I dnt shake anythng nw,and besides what I wear 2 church wnt let anythng shake sef.So?
Wetin u dey wear go church? Bandage?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
Vickii Ro:
hw do u use to dance b4 those dances came? What do u wear to church?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Donyswit(m): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
A great topic I must say, But here is my take on it.
Let's quickly take a clue from the Bible, in 2Sam 6vs20

Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!

I'm not sure if David was dancing Makosa, Etigi, Skelewu, Garala, But what ever dance that made him go unclad without realizing it was sure not a dance of a gentle man.

Let's take a look at David's defence on the accusation made by his wife, this is clearly noted in 2Sam 6vs21

And David said unto Michal, It was before the Lord, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel: therefore will I play before the Lord.

My phrase of interest here is "it was before the lord" these dance steps were not done in a club, But before the lord, the intent of the dancer is what matters at this point, if the best dance step I've got is Azonto, y can't I use it to the glory of God, as long as It's coming from my heart n my intent is right, I'm sure God will appreciate it.

Finally, It's very important we be careful on How we criticize people dancing in the church, Let God be the ultimate George, you don't have to help him, he delivers judgement at his own time less we suffer unbearable consequences of our own ignorance, this was the fate of David's wife for unjustly criticizing his dance.

2 Samuel 6:23 KJV
Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

Enough said already, Please Let God b the judge

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: vicki stop all this. You know what is good and what is bad. Aren't you?
Ok I wear penciled skirts nd sleeves to church,notin seductive.
B4 Azonot nd d rest,we used to dance Yahooze,and alanta nd even b4 dat, makosa nd Odas.so u see what I'm tryna say here,oda dance steps r nt dere,@ least nt ones I wud want to do.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
Donyswit: A great topic I must say, But here is my take on it.
Let's quickly take a clue from the Bible, in 2Sam 6vs20

Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!

I'm not sure if David was dancing Makosa, Etigi, Skelewu, Garala, But what ever dance that made him go unclad without realizing it was sure not a dance of a gentle man.

Let's take a look at David's defence on the accusation made by his wife, this is clearly noted in 2Sam 6vs21

And David said unto Michal, It was before the Lord, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel: therefore will I play before the Lord.

My phrase of interest here is "it was before the lord" these dance steps were not done in a club, But before the lord, the intent of the dancer is what matters at this point, if the best dance step I've got is Azonto, y can't I use it to the glory of God, as long as It's coming from my heart n my intent is right, I'm sure God will appreciate it.

Finally, It's very important we be careful on How we criticize people dancing in the church, Let God be the ultimate George, you don't have to help him, he delivers judgement at his own time less we suffer unbearable consequences of our own ignorance, this was the fate of David's wife for unjustly criticizing his dance.

2 Samuel 6:23 KJV
Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

Enough said already, Please Let God b the judge

so we should go and dance naked in church then. No problem, we are rejoicing in God's house.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Ok I wear penciled skirts nd sleeves to church,notin seductive.
B4 Azonot nd d rest,we used to dance Yahooze,and alanta nd even b4 dat, makosa nd Odas.so u see what I'm tryna say here,oda dance steps r nt dere,@ least nt ones I wud want to do.
let me say in year 1996, hw do u use to dance in church. I believe there was no yahooze then
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: let me say in year 1996, hw do u use to dance in church. I believe there was no yahooze then
We had galala and Swor grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Donyswit(m): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: so we should go and dance naked in church then. No problem, we are rejoicing in God's house.

You got me wrong on that, I didn't suggest you dance unclad, my point is your dance step doesn't Really matter as long as It's from your heart And your motive is right.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by druid06(m): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
Idowuogbo:
We had galala and Swor grin

GalalA and swor was early 2010 I think. During Sunday masses year 1996 and the years before, traditional dances were favored as church dances.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts,I'd jst answered u,cuz in 1996,I ws stil a kid
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts,Badosky jst answered u,cuz in 1996,I ws stil a kid
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
druid06:

GalalA and swor was early 2010 I think. During Sunday masses year 1996 and the years before, traditional dances were favored as church dances.
Swor and galala 2010? Oh my!!! U no nada.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
Vickii Ro: Ukuts,Badosky jst answered u,cuz in 1996,I ws stil a kid
Awww.... grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by pickabeau1: 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Idowuogbo:

Na daddy showkey n denge pose dey for 96..

Matt Melon did not come out till 98

iriwoooooo lala la lo
no no no no

I am standing on ur window

im a danfo driver swo
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by druid06(m): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
Idowuogbo:

Sorry typo. My auto correct is enabled. I meant to say 2001.

Daddy showkey, babafryo, daddy fresh a d father-u turn all has their sunny days between the year 1999 to 2001.

1996 and the precedent years was rules by blackie, Daniel Wilson, Raggamurphy and so many others I can't picture their names.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: who told u David was totally unclad.
where did I say david was totally unclad?eye dey pain u?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
pickabeau1:

Na daddy showkey n denge pose dey for 96..

Matt Melon did not come out till 98

iriwoooooo lala la lo
no no no no

I am standing on ur window

im a danfo driver swo

True... I'm mixing them up.

My bad! embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
druid06:

Sorry typo. My auto correct is enabled. I meant to say 2001.

Daddy showkey, babafryo, daddy fresh a d father-u turn all has their sunny days between the year 1999 to 2001.

1996 and the precedent years was rules by blackie, Daniel Wilson, Raggamurphy and so many others I can't picture their names.
Yep! *nods* u know d deal.

Bck den,I use to moon-walk in church. U remember cleopatra? D One hand on d floor twist 'n' roll dance?. grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by druid06(m): 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
Idowuogbo:

Bck den,I use to moon-walk in church. U remember cleopatra? D One hand on d floor twist 'n' roll dance?. grin

You mean Patra?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by druid06(m): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Idowuogbo:

You do the bold in church? What?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
druid06:

You mean Patra?
Yep! Patra, Cleopatra, same same.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
druid06: [/b]

You do the bold in church? What?
Lolzz... Gospel music can drive u insane trust me grin grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by wonlasewonimi: 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
You never see pastor's wife twerking?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by druid06(m): 3:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lolzz... Gospel music can drive u insane trust me grin grin

Tell me you're joking. I still don't believe you. I can imagine what would be going on through the members thoughts about your provocative dance. Lol
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
wonlasewonimi: You never see pastor's wife twerking?
Tell dem o! I go one church anniversary for south south last year, come see pastor wife dey Harlem shake everything.I no blame am sha, d guy on drums wan craze me sef. grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
druid06:

Tell me you're joking. I still don't believe you. I can imagine what would be going on through the members thoughts about your provocative dance. Lol
D members lurrrrrrrrve my dance steps. Infact, dem promote me as head of usher. U know when u dance well well, d offering basket dey full well well. grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by druid06(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
Idowuogbo:
D members lurrrrrrrrve my dance steps. Infact, dem promote me as head of usher. U know when u dance well well, d offering basket dey full well well. grin

Ha. I for like dey there. Me self I like better thing. I'm sure the people who were cheering were men. Na God go save person. grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
druid06:

Ha. I for like dey there. Me self I like better thing. I'm sure the people who were cheering were men. Na God go save person. grin
Lolz... If u miss ur blessing, don't blame me o! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by pickabeau1: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
who remembers flex?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "Shame To You" - Pastor Blasts Members For 'giving God N100 As Offering' (video) / How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.