Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? (27076 Views)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by JingoOAU(m): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2013
in my own opinion, I think the question have not been answered.

The holy spirit can never lead you to dance skelewu, makossa or alanta...never.

People dance all these things in church because they have been watching and listening to these dancing steps. There is no way someone can just wake up and start dancing all these dancing steps without first watching the dancing steps from the TV or your friends. Holy spirit can not tell you to start raising ur hands up and down, seperating ur legs and dancing forth and back all in the name of makossa.....dat would be blasphemy.

How many christian nairalanders have xtian albums in their houses? I bet you, most nairalanders listens to hip hop and dats where dey copy all these dancing steps from.

However, I wouldn't condone the act of standing and clapping aLl in the name of dancing....so dulling.

Dance the way ur spirit tells u and make sure its moderated

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by lomprico(m): 11:19am On Nov 03, 2013
Op u r a big hypocrite! Is it because those dance moves have names? Many pastors dance our traditional dance steps in pulpits abi? mind u those dance moves were used by our forefathers when praising or celebrating their gods, even till date traditional worshippers hit such dance moves. So there is nothing wrong in dancing for your God the way u like. God looks at ur heart not ur dance moves!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by lomprico(m): 11:30am On Nov 03, 2013
eaxes: I think in the topic of dance Gods sees the heart. The question should ß wen u dance are u dancing to his glory or U̶̲̥̅̊ jst wan shack yansh or show skills?
Secondly etige,makossa etc are types of dance . For me they can ß danced in church. B4 xhristianity came yoruba,urhobo, isoko,igbo....... Traditional dances were danced in festivals, to idols etc but now people dance them in church so wats d problem wit dancing makossa and the rest? I†'s lyk saying christian hiphop,rock,jazz etc are wrong jst cos they were started by worldly musicians.
David danced almost to unclothedness Ãήϑ God say his heart. That is the most important thing. Forget the unclothedness cos i do not think david realised he was naked cos he was filled wit the spirit.
Another important thing sha is moderation. God says if something cos'es another to sin cut it off. All those gals dancing xtreme makossa in church shaking their bakassi lyk crazy cosing guys to get a hard on are in contempt in the site of God.
You just contradicted urself. Wat if those gals r filled with d spirit?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:30am On Nov 03, 2013
Some people think that church is a club or their father's parlour. I pity them. Why should i copy a dance from the world?

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by shamson: 11:33am On Nov 03, 2013
ms_pee: And where was it written that azonto and makossa are worldly dances? undecided
Are the clothes you wear to church not worldly? undecided
Do you even do Godly things after sunday till the next sunday? undecided

My friend, go to church and worship God, face your front and dance your own. Stop standing and looking at people. undecided
When David danced, his kind of dance/dance steps were not specified. Could be skelewu/etighi, who knows? undecided

Well, as for me, I clap my hands and move my body from right to left. grin

Reason for dancing in the house of the lord is because David did.

Follow the law of Moses, they will say is old testament.

But, did Jesus use musical instrument to preach or spread the message?

Is these Christainity of Paul or Jesus the son of mary.

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks
(i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from
the Path of God without knowledge, and takes
it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur'an)
by way of mockery. For such there will be a
humiliating torment (in the Hell-Fire). grin[/quote]
grin[/quote] grin[/quote]

So which of the god(s) are you clapping for
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2013
lomprico:
You just contradicted urself. Wat if those gals r filled with d spirit?
So holyspirit will make girls shake their bum bum in the house of God? Na waao grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by oluwaisaac(m): 11:43am On Nov 03, 2013
OP...the world cannot but criticise your post....because what you are saying is not of this world, as Christ forewarned. It's clear that the Azonto dancers are not born again, they are only playing religion. If it is the same heaven Paul preached on, and other saints alike, that they're hoping for, they are deluded and will be shocked, except they be converted!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 03, 2013
15. And Let the peace of christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called one body. And be thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly. Teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
17. And whatever you do, in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father through Him. COLOSSIANS 3:15-17
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by dahmie2013: 11:50am On Nov 03, 2013
@OP, na wa 4 u o! So we suppose stand like one ookan abi, dey look like lucozade, wen rababa music is going on. Not even in my church were we have all d musical instruments u can think off, chaiiii! Op, just come 2 my church, u'll use ur hand 2 post a picture of urself dancing alingo in Church.

U need 2 see me rocking all dose steps, shaking wat my mama gave me 4 Jesus, as today was hossana service in my church. Na u no o OP! King David danced, d Bible didn't mentn d type of dance.

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by shamson: 11:52am On Nov 03, 2013
y2k62: And Let the peace of christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called one body. And be thankful.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly. Teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Biblical quote or what grin grin grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by glasmirow(m): 11:55am On Nov 03, 2013
Abeg make una dance shake una bombom dance in the name of the Lord
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 03, 2013
If i don't dance skelewu or azonto in church my sunday neva complete,dem no write am 4 d entrance of my church sey make person no dance skelewu,morever i wud praise my God anyaw i want!!itz obvious op is jst a saddist dat goes 2 church jst 4 going sake!!!abeg if u get body wey stiff,go apply oil!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by shamson: 11:59am On Nov 03, 2013
y2k62: 15. And Let the peace of christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called one body. And be thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly. Teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
17. And whatever you do, in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father through Him. COLOSSIANS 3:15-17
( ( 17. And whatever you do, in the name of the
Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father
through Him. COLOSSIANS 3:15-17 ) ).Jesus didn't said these, I'm sure you understand the composition of this sentences.I only hope saint Paul will be at hand to tell god why be made these your ways.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by verasmart(f): 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
don't judge, David did more than those
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by KingsleyCEO: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Mr poster, you're saying you don't like those dance, you're very correct because you really don't have to like them since they are not dancing for you! Let God do the liking and others. As for me anything goes my dear.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
All those myopic and blind folks here will be typing trash. Tell me, if Jesus christ is to dance now will he be dancing Azonto and makossa? Imagine Jesus dancing Azonto, makossa and even skeluwa or what have you. Hw will it look?
Abeg make i continue to fry my idodo jor. I neva eat since morning.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by deor03(m): 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
But how does a born again Christian recognise and differentiate between etigi, skelewu, makosa, Azonto?

Somebody has been watching, worldly musicals o grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by beautyBrains(f): 12:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
I can't stop laughing right now. So u dance godly dance in church, then dance wordly dance outside, who are you kidding? Why live double lives? If u want to live by the laws then don't dance azonto or skelewe at all.. If u can't do it in church you shouldn't do it anywhere. Cuz God is everywhere, and he is interested in your heart.. Let your conscience tell you how to dance.. And who are you to judge? If you were dancing for the Lord, you will be dancing your dance and not watching people dance. Don't let religion kill you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Iruolycious(f): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: Was david dancing in the temple?
and that means it's a sin 2 Dance in church? So, where is d Temple now? The church building or the people?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by chezholy(m): 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
Rubbish post, are u d 1 2 tell me what 2 dance.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Vickfrank62(m): 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
embarassed
Ukuts gp: skelewu too? Amazing.
People can dance in church but it should nt be d worldly type.
imagine z sad

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by khattab02: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
Harbosede02: If i don't dance skelewu or azonto in church my sunday neva complete,dem no write am 4 d entrance of my church sey make person no dance skelewu,morever i wud praise my God anyaw i want!!itz obvious op is jst a saddist dat goes 2 church jst 4 going sake!!!abeg if u get body wey stiff,go apply oil!
According to you they have to write no skelewu? Hmmm.. Ok ooo.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
deor03: But how does a born again Christian recognise and differentiate between etigi, skelewu, makosa, Azonto?

Somebody has been watching, worldly musicals o grin
Let the Holy spirit guide you in worship.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by aadejesu: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dancing is shaking your body, praising God with your body, we can see from the scriptures that David danced to the Lord with all his strength. And in the presence of God there is liberty, not liberty to sin or to engage in ungodly excesses, but to be everything and do everything for God's glory including dancing with all your might in the spirit, rejoicing, shouting. Don't let's be stiff and be in bondage to ourselves and to our brethren, there is liberty in the presence of God. Amennnnn.!!! Dance which ever dance you know to dance all for the glory of God, and if anyone condemn you, such is the Devils assistant because we know that he (the devil) is the accuser of the brethren.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
brianromel: I believe there was a verse in the bible where King David gave praise to the extent, he over rocked it and started dancing naked.

What if that were to happen in church, today. What would they say on Nairaland

I learnt that the unclad does not mean real unclothedness. The Israelites considered a person whose robes didnt cover his legs as unclad, cos its always dirty.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by lolade123: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
cold: It's just a dress rehearsal for what is to come. In heaven that is. For there'll be serious rocking and gyration with God in heaven. Or is that not the whole purpose of going to church,singing, dancing & speaking in tongues? Abeg free these people. Even God himself is a serious rocker..kai God you're a bahdt guys grin
Pls respect and fear God
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by lomprico(m): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: So holyspirit will make girls shake their bum bum in the house of God? Na waao grin
No b d same spirit make David dance NAKED for bible? And don't forget his wife rebuked him for dat n God punished her.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by khattab02: 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
If these are the dances in clubs and whatever, will it be right to use those dances in the house of God as praising him?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by victorazy(m): 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
END TIME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "Shame To You" - Pastor Blasts Members For 'giving God N100 As Offering' (video) / How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.