Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? (27079 Views)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2013
When the spirit of t6e Lord is upon my soul, I will Dance MORE than David did!

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 9:58am On Nov 03, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: What is your definition of worldly dance? People ought to praise God the way they are led. Please read 2nd Samuel chapter 6 and study how David danced makossa, azonto and skelewu when the israelites returned to ark. He danced soteeee, him wife come abuse am. He ended up cursing the wife shaa.

2 Samual > 6.14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

2 Samual > 6.21 And David said unto Michal, It was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore will I play before the LORD.

Allow people to play before the Lord the way they please.

#Mr-over-righteous#
Was david dancing in the temple?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 10:04am On Nov 03, 2013
Why are christians using David as an excuse to dance in the church, I thought christianity is all about chris-like did Jesus dance in the temple. Later they(christians) will tell us the Old testament bible is old law that the New testament bible is their new covenants #confusedFellows

6 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by NaLaugh: 10:05am On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.
You will see young boys and girls rocking, dancing Azonto and makossa style.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.

MY GUY! grin no lie, you just look as the ikebe dey roll, just lock up. cheesy
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by emorse(m): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: Was david dancing in the temple?
So dancing in church is totally wrong. Right? undecided
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by mspee(f): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2013
And where was it written that azonto and makossa are worldly dances? undecided
Are the clothes you wear to church not worldly? undecided
Do you even do Godly things after sunday till the next sunday? undecided

My friend, go to church and worship God, face your front and dance your own. Stop standing and looking at people. undecided
When David danced, his kind of dance/dance steps were not specified. Could be skelewu/etighi, who knows? undecided

Well, as for me, I clap my hands and move my body from right to left. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by chocolateniara(f): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2013
so wat dance do u prefare we dance? huh, God said if my pple dont worship or praise me i will raise stones frm d ground 2 worship me. i will dance as david dance!.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 10:13am On Nov 03, 2013
emorse:
So dancing in church is totally wrong. Right? undecided
Dancing in church is wrong, you will not able to differentiate a church and a disco club grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by eluquenson(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2013
Church things noni grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by everyday: 10:15am On Nov 03, 2013
Its a new trend
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Sanguine(f): 10:16am On Nov 03, 2013
See this one! People dey dance Jeje, you standa dey look. grin. When preaching start now, na that time sleep go begin cash you. Mumu kill you! grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 10:16am On Nov 03, 2013
ms_pee: And where was it written that azonto and makossa are worldly dances? undecided
Are the clothes you wear to church not worldly? undecided
Do you even do Godly things after sunday till the next sunday? undecided

My friend, go to church and worship God, face your front and dance your own. Stop standing and looking at people. undecided
When David danced, his kind of dance/dance steps were not specified. Could be skelewu/etighi, who knows? undecided

Well, as for me, I clap my hands and move my body from right to left. grin
etighi/skelewu in church, etighi/skelewu in clubs grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by chux4liv(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2013
My take, every tribes have their dance steps, the Jews, brazillian, Igbo, Hausa, Spanish, Briton etc. Provided your native dance steps was not use to worhsip the devil or its origin is not of satanic worship or either in se.xual form. I feel you are permitted to show ur dancing skill to the lord. (Remember David dance almost unclad before the temple)
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2013
If you see how they shake bum bum in churches ehn grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by eluquenson(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: Why are christians using David as an excuse to dance in the church, I thought christianity is all about chris-like did Jesus dance in the temple. Later they(christians) will tell us the Old testament bible is old law that the New testament bible is their new covenants #confusedFellows

They are really confused & gone astray lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Edipee(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2013
I rather keep quiet in this dance Issue cos I don't know God's mind. David's wife rebuked her husband's dance in the Bible and God shut her womb . I dance decently in the house of God though.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2013
1 Corinthians 14:40: Let all things be done decently and in order.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Iceman296: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: Dancing in church is wrong, you will not able to differentiate a church and a disco club grin
Just imagine!
What is Your Definition of a Church??
So Long the Song in Question is giving Glory to God, I see No Reason why We shouldn't dance any Dance we Deem fit.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Chaleeee: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: so people are nt dancing in church b4 those satanic dance styles came? I dnt know hw people reason.

Your ignorance of your bible is unprecedented. Didn't your bible record that David danced naked? 2 Samuel 6:12
And god didn't send him to hell for it. You think he was just clapping? He was shaking his body with reckless abandon.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by khattab02: 10:34am On Nov 03, 2013
The other day, a Friend was describing how he and his uncle dance soteee head start to pain them, they came back with headache. I was like, is this the only thing u gained from the service?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by cold(m): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2013
It's just a dress rehearsal for what is to come. In heaven that is. For there'll be serious rocking and gyration with God in heaven. Or is that not the whole purpose of going to church,singing, dancing & speaking in tongues? Abeg free these people. Even God himself is a serious rocker..kai God you're a bahdt guys grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by kunlentin89(m): 10:48am On Nov 03, 2013
Is dere even anywhere in the bible that they made mention of christainity.... and wat church did jesus attended during his time
.... pls answer

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by eaxes: 10:50am On Nov 03, 2013
I think in the topic of dance Gods sees the heart. The question should ß wen u dance are u dancing to his glory or U̶̲̥̅̊ jst wan shack yansh or show skills?
Secondly etige,makossa etc are types of dance . For me they can ß danced in church. B4 xhristianity came yoruba,urhobo, isoko,igbo....... Traditional dances were danced in festivals, to idols etc but now people dance them in church so wats d problem wit dancing makossa and the rest? I†'s lyk saying christian hiphop,rock,jazz etc are wrong jst cos they were started by worldly musicians.
David danced almost to unclothedness Ãήϑ God say his heart. That is the most important thing. Forget the unclothedness cos i do not think david realised he was naked cos he was filled wit the spirit.
Another important thing sha is moderation. God says if something cos'es another to sin cut it off. All those gals dancing xtreme makossa in church shaking their bakassi lyk crazy cosing guys to get a hard on are in contempt in the site of God.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Sike(m): 10:52am On Nov 03, 2013
We're still in the world. So let 'em dance a Worldly dance.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Lagishan: 11:00am On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.
You will see young boys and girls rocking, dancing Azonto and makossa style.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.

So what is the name of your own dance steps? Where did it originate from? David didnt dance in a simple way and it was Godly. Azonto and Makossa are names given to body movement styles in the world so is many other activities within the church. The MOTIVE should be our concern, and since you cant determine this, concentrate in church and leave the rest to God to take care of.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 03, 2013
So azonto and skelewu dances are now the problem?
Just last week, I saw a girl grinding on a guy's..... during praise and worship lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 03, 2013
Thank God Say Na Only Skelewu I dey dance
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2013
Iceman296:
Just imagine!
What is Your Definition of a Church??
So Long the Song in Question is giving Glory to God, I see No Reason why We shouldn't dance any Dance we Deem fit.
Church is where people should worship God in decent manner not shaking bum bum and dancing makossa, azonto, skelewu.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tchigofigo(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2013
emmysenior: Silly thought.

If I'm not mistaking, such dances were not the reason why there's so much corruption in Nigeria.

They re not the reason why there's poverty in the land.

They re not the reason there's boko in the north and kidnapping in the south.

They re not criteria through which one can enter heaven.

As a matter of fact, it is good to dance anyhow for God than to do same for lucifer. e.g King David.

Such dances aren't the reason why we have bad roads, no pipe borne water, no steady electricity, no security etc in Nigeria.

And finally, psychology shows that dancing improves the state of the human minds by 35%.

Dance from ur heart, for it is good for ur health.

Good morning Nigeria!
realy? nobody has criticized dancing in church.,'moderately'.,bt u mustn't confuse worldliness 4 godliness..,bt because of d inability of pple 2 control dmslves, sm orthodox churches dn't encourage dancing..mind u, makossa invlves hips n ass wriggling n weda u like it or not, dat dance if capable of causing distraction..,n leading 1 to sin..rmber, Jesus said it's beta to tie a big stone arnd ur neck n get sunk in sea dn to mislead, prevent pple 4m making God's kingdom..,n u bringn all Nigeria's prblm into this is totally weird..dats a fallacy

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by donpeluchi(m): 11:10am On Nov 03, 2013
Because they have lost all sense of decency

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "Shame To You" - Pastor Blasts Members For 'giving God N100 As Offering' (video) / How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.