Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? (27077 Views)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Acidosis(m): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vickii Ro: When u can show me where in d bible it is written that clapping originated from d church,den I cn stop dancing d above mentioned.
Who's d hypocrite here?..Me who's dancing to glorify my God or you who's busy condemning me..Matt 7;1 bro
I'd rada dance nd feel relaxed and revel in d fact dat I praised God 2 my hrt's content dan 2 hold myslef back all in d name of bin a christian.
My 5cents.
Dancing is not wrong...

but your dance steps means alot....
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by ajayikayod: 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: u mean the spirit of God is d one propelling people to dance Azonto and makosa in church? Why are people even lying against d spirit of God. Someone will still smoke in church and u will say it is the spirit of God moving him.

Bro, calm down.
Do u actually read my post, ur response showed dt u didnt read it or u r much in haste to respond. I quoted it again here
ajayikayod:

@Op, really i hav heard about those steps but cant actually identify them if i see someone doing it (i think i m too old school).

Firstly, i m wondering how u r able to identify those dances if u dont dance it or programmed it in u too. Dt means u dont just hear d names, u kno d steps by watching d movies etc? or mayb u dance them (whether in church or not).

Secondly, issues of shaking body in church can results into lots of arguments but in simple words; as worshipers of God, God doesnt see, look or grade our dance steps watever they are, God looks at d heart, d reverence in worship. Its a spirit filled worship dt God deserves and ds should flow from inside (inner man) outward not d other way, because thr (in d spirit) is d place of worship.

Firstly, i never refered to d Spirit of God, i wonder how u got dt. Man is a spirit, recreated man worship God in spirit, in truth, he rejoices in Christ without any confidence in d flesh or physical shape, or dance steps but his heart and spirit in worship.
U CAN ONLY WORSHIP GOD WITH UR HEART, every other avenue to/for worship (dancing, singing, jumping, giving, rolling, silence etc) is judged by d heart of d worshiper.

Secondly, we can create an environment mostly in church dt enable us 2easily align our being to absolute worship, such differing environments can raise debates but certainly clear in d scripture.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by creativemusic: 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
Acidosis:
Dancing is not wrong...

but your dance steps means alot....
I dance Azonto,Etighi,even Skelewu a lil bit of makosa bt with moderation cuz I dnt wnt 2 send across d wrong message,same goes fr most of my choir membas,but its wen u go abt it lyk u're in a club dat's wrong so d guy shudn't jst generalise lyk dat.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Elvishard(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
I NEVER KNEW THAT WENT THE MISSIONARIES CAME, THEY BROUGHT THE GOSPEL ALONG SIDE WITH DANCE STEPS. Bros I guess u dont know dat d dance u r calling Godly 2day were, Old skul Worldly dance.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vickii Ro:
I dance Azonto,Etighi,even Skelewu a lil bit of makosa bt with moderation cuz I dnt wnt 2 send across d wrong message,same goes fr most of my choir membas,but its wen u go abt it lyk u're in a club dat's wrong so d guy shudn't jst generalise lyk dat.
why dancing azonto, etighi, skelewu in the house of the lord undecided

Dance etighi for me and see how your bum bum will be bouncing and shaking cheesy, this will create a lust in men you might see it normal but you can't see the thought of a man.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by karpentar: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.
You will see young boys and girls rocking, dancing Azonto and makossa style.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.

The other thread was about women not covering hair in churches...now it's about dancing azonto and makossa in the church....with all these anomalies, must you go to church? God is everywhere and will accept praises from anywhere outside churches.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by MaziOmenuko: 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Wtf!!!
Mazi,so u sabi quote bible?....Jesus Navas of Jerusalem...ETT oooooo

You have kolo'd finish I swear.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Acidosis(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
Meanwhile,

Lucifer, before he was cast away from heaven used to be Heaven's number one arch angel in-charge of music... sad

The Bible described him such that his apparels produced different sounds of instruments...
(Book of Ezekiel I think)

Do not be deceived, the same Satan still has the power to decieve many and lure them to dance to his tune...
Btw, He won't stop you from going to church
He'll only give people reprobate minds to do s¡lly things in the name of the God they do not know...
grin

LOL.. some people they use Satan dey play sha...

Recently, I've sworn never to listen/watch/attend some Churches in this country..

There is this particular one I saw on tv where youths/choir were rehearsing Michael Jackson's dance steps
grin

I just wonder what came over them to do such s¡lly things...
The next sunday, Man of God would still mount the pulpit with suit & ipad to preach God's word immediately after Michael Jackson's ministration...

Are these people really intereted in the Jesus that died for us or some pente-fetish desires and lust?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Acidosis(m): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vickii Ro:

Now just imagine the time you spent listening and rehearsing these steps probably from Davido's songs and some other wordly videos...

I'm very sure your Choir members are not even born again.. (even your Pastor is not born again)
sorry to say...

I'm also sure your Choir members speak in tongues...
But have no atom of the Holy spirit..
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
Acidosis:

Now just imagine the time you spent listening and rehearsing these steps probably from Davido's songs and some other wordly videos...

I'm very sure your Choir members are not even born again.. (even your Pastor is not born again)
sorry to say...

I'm also sure your Choir members speak in tongues...
But have no atom of the Holy spirit..
Hey,I dint know u were God,to decide who's born again nd who's not.Thanx fr d memo,I'll make sure 2 run my list of "How to live a godly life" by u nxt tym,so I won't be found wanting.
I hiss in Esan
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by bigsheg(m): 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Chaleeee: What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?
Leave people to dance unto their god in the way best known to them!! And stop your attempted mind-control shait!!
Challe...u spoke my mnd...awesome comment u just made...Dont mind these Hypocrates and brood of vipers who dont see anyhng good in anything...
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dis argument jst reminded me of d reason y I stick to Romance nd Lit sectns
Well I'm outta here,I argue enof with d witnesses arnd here without adding Nairalanders 2 d list.
To each man his own.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by stekyskydon(f): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
op, pls tell me d kind of dance david danced to d extent dat he rmvd his cloth? Everytn is a matter of wat u blv in ok. If u dnt wana dance gud bt leave odas alone. Teamdancelykdaviddanced.com
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by gtkay(f): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
Acidosis: People dancing in churches with various forms of secular dance steps such as Makosa, azonto, ethigi, etc are spiritually empty..

They have no atom of Holy ghost in them and as a result they are all bound to perish with the Devil and his angels..

A man filled with the Holy spirit will never come so low to the point of listening to Davido's Skelewu let alone copy, practise and rehearse his dance steps...

Its one of such vain things Satan used to replaced the Holy spirit in the mind of so called Christians especially the youths..

For those talking about David's dance steps..
I believe something came upon him and he began to dance uncontrollably...
He didn't even know what he was doing... all I know is the Holy spirit was at work at that point..

Today, what do we see? Rather than allow the Holy spirit take over our totality and the worship... Christians and Choristers now listen to Davido's skelewu on Saturday and then on Sunday they go to Church to use the same steps...

The devil has already captured over 90% of today's youth with social media, worldy music & movies...

We are in a very fragile world..about to perish due to our f00lishness & fickle mindedness...

I may not be pure but that doesn't mean I dont know the truth..

What is worth saying is worth saying well...
Excuse me Mr'filled with the Holy ghost' man of God, ow did u get to knw or hear abt the dance skelewu?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Acidosis(m): 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Hey,I dint know u were God,to decide who's born again nd who's not.Thanx fr d memo,I'll make sure 2 run my list of "How to live a godly life" by u nxt tym,so I won't be found wanting.
I hiss in Esan

grin

Easy my Esan sister...
I'm not God

The truth will always remain the truth okay..

I still believe a genuinely born again Christian cannot speak in tongues on sunday and then on saturday sit down somewhere shaking heads and body to Davido or Wizkid...

Such things are abominable before the God we serve..

Lets not cover the truth with a veil of our own desires..

Btw, are you not the same Vicki with several se.xcapades on sexuality section? grin
And you say you're a chorister in the house of God? grin grin

Pls what is the name of your Church? grin

Sorry sist, I'm not trying to condemn you... but this is the position of the Church Jesus died for today.. cry

The world is doomed already!

I Hope Hell will be big enough to accomodate the entire world..
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Acidosis(m): 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
stekyskydon: op, pls tell me d kind of dance david danced to d extent dat he rmvd his cloth? Everytn is a matter of wat u blv in ok. If u dnt wana dance gud bt leave odas alone. Teamdancelykdaviddanced.com

we will never allow them burn in hell
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by ZaraSam: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
I agree such dances are worldly.
You can see that from the lyrics of the songs that introduce the dances.
Don't dance like that in church.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by gothrones(m): 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
Christianity and confusion. You guys argue about tithes. You argue about how to interpret scriptures. You argue about the Trinity. You argue about freewill. You argue about the role of women in the church. Now you are arguing about dancing. Why are Christians so divided?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
I wonder what spirit filled Acidiosis was lukin fr in d sexuality sectn.
Mayb u went dere 2 redeem lost souls lyk mine uh?
Spirit filled,yah ryt.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by ARareGem(f): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
A Christain should not dance se.xually stimulating or provocative dances in the church. Some people go way overboard.

You Spirit-filled mature Christain should be mindful of the babies in Christ present in church when you're dancing.

Be moderate.

That being said, there are sometimes when that thing will just enter your head. grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
David for bible wey dance troway him cloth abeg which kain spirit enter am sote him dance reach level wey be say na to commot cloth?I expect the op to call it wordly dance because why should he off his cloth when dancing,people go dey see him chest nah and that is a sin shebi?op ur point no make sense,and what is a dance that is not wordly?and tell me the kind of dance u dance in church?the holy ghost or biblical dance shey? angryDavid for bible wey dance troway him cloth abeg which kain spirit enter am sote him dance reach level wey be say na to commot cloth?I expect the op to call it wordly dance because why should he off his cloth when dancing,people go dey see him chest nah and that is a sin shebi?op ur point no make sense,and what is a dance that is not wordly?and tell me the kind of dance u dance in church?the holy ghost or biblical dance shey?

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
I tot etighi was a native dance,so dancing yoruba dance steps dat r mostly waist dance is also a sin?
Wow....I bet u think wearing trousers 2 church is also a sin uh?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
I neva claimed 2 be a tongue-speaking, spirit-filled,demon_chasing xtian,nd Acid, my "choir membas" dnt speak in tongues guess its bcuz we dance azonto nd etighi
*hmmmmm*...thinkiing abt it
And as fr me writing eroticas,lemme say I realised d errors of my ways nd cleaned up my act,so daz by d way.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by omoredia: 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ask your dying mother!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: so people are nt dancing in church b4 those satanic dance styles came? I dnt know hw people reason.
what makes those dances satanic?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
Abegi make I hia word mehn!

As I dey so, I dey Kirikata wella for church. Tell me, y I no go shake the goods baba God give me? Muscle pull catch my waist? Liv story abeg! U MUST shake dat booty in da name of ur creator. Go cele go talk this one and see if dem no go stone u with expired akpu.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
Idowuogbo: Abegi make I hia word mehn!

As I dey so, I dey Kirikata wella for church. Tell me, y I no go shake the goods baba God give me? Muscle pull catch my waist? Liv story abeg! U MUST shake dat booty in da name of ur creator. Go cele go talk this one and see if dem no go stone u with expired akpu.
idowu ogbo!!!!!!walahi ur case dey supreme court!!!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
mayten30: idowu ogbo!!!!!!walahi ur case dey supreme court!!!
Judge me NOT! angry tongue
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "Shame To You" - Pastor Blasts Members For 'giving God N100 As Offering' (video) / How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.