Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? (27081 Views)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: guys dey look well well but not lustfuly except the guy na bad guy. Konji inside church? holy virgin mary! grin
Yearrite! U get room and parlour inside dia heart? Abegi!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by yetseyi(f): 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
We all know here that the World + mentioned is not the literal meaning nooow. And I just noticed that some people would not express their opinion without a twinge of polite insult. When we are told love not the world nor the things of this word , its that meaning I was referring to.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by AbuMikey(m): 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Temple of God o, Altar of God o! Imma JUpa JURU,JU everything JU-able. Na me say make Adamu go chop forbidden agbalumo? Cover ya eyes if u feeling funky Biko tongue

Oh Nooo!!!!

Aunty Idowu will not kill me with laughter oo gringringrin

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by divads(m): 11:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
Idowuogbo:
What's miZusing and christainz? Guy, u sef dey misuse English liberty.
lol.. Dnt run away 4rm d truth jhor.. Who'z talkn abt english here huh? Or z dat hw self z spelt too??

If i misuze Eng liberty, nobadi canes me *tongue out* bt if u misuze christianz liberty? HELL... DATZ Nat YOUR PORTION THO...
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
divads: lol.. Dnt run away 4rm d truth jhor.. Who'z talkn abt english here huh? Or z dat hw self z spelt too??

If i misuze Eng liberty, nobadi canes me *tongue out* bt if u misuze christianz liberty? HELL... DATZ Nat YOUR PORTION THO...
In pidgin? Yes! Olodo preacher tongue grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 11:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
yetseyi: We all know here that the World + mentioned is not the literal meaning nooow. And I just noticed that some people would not express their opinion without a twinge of polite insult. When we are told love not the world nor the things of this word , its that meaning I was referring to.
preach on sister smiley
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 11:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Yearrite! U get room and parlour inside dia heart? Abegi!
ID when you go come my own church na, I need more female choirs to shake their bum bum like there is no tomorrow grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: ID when you go come my own church na, I need more female choirs to shake their bum bum like there is no tomorrow grin

Go and book cultural dancers.

Liv mee angry
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by divads(m): 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In pidgin? Yes! Olodo preacher tongue grin
cheesy, it av not reached dx level nau..
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Oluwatola5(f): 11:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vanneni: You looked and looked untill her dance steps were begining to tempt you right? If you were focused on the reason(s) why you were at church, you wouldn't be concerened about such trivial things. If you don't like dancing in church, go to MFM or DCLM(deeper life). Thet don't dance there.
They dont dance in MFM? Are you for real? I guess you just posted that, you havent been to any before.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Oluwatola5(f): 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
Acidosis:

Hmmn....

MFM? Don't even go there oo cheesy

Infact, they have one of the best choristers in Nigeria..
Talented & Dedicated instrumentalists..

They sing well, and they dance well..
I was equally suprised when i saw it. So so untrue.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Msgamble: 12:11am On Nov 04, 2013
Some are even saying here that dancing in Church is wrong, are we to stand lyk 'electric pole' soberly during Praise n Worship(blieve me 30min is going to b lyk 30hrs) when even traditionalist knows d value of praising n dancing to their gods(u neva been to a sango or osun festival)..Aslong as i av my 2(hands n legs) n my ears function well, i'll use it to d praise n glorify of God
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Folksyharry(m): 12:25am On Nov 04, 2013
iamswizz: And what dance step do you rather they dance?

Because i know that no dance style originated from the church.

what you should be asking about is if Christ or the early Christians danced during worship. If you can find any evidence from the Bible then you can start talking about which dance step is proper. Please try also to find out when instrumental music was introduced into church worship.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 04, 2013
Oluwatola5: They dont dance in MFM? Are you for real? I guess you just posted that, you havent been to any before.
I've been to prayer city once and once to one of their local churches in my area. Maybe it's just those two that don't dance.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Drgemini1: 6:09am On Nov 04, 2013
Its nad abt d type of dancing dat matters. . .its d motive behind d dance.Dance unto d lord to glorify him.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 04, 2013
Ok,som1 don make reference 2 my statement on wearing trousers to church.
U knw,its really mindblowing dat any lady who wears trousers is on her way 2 hell.U knw dis is sad cuz d whole female population of America and host of oda countries r already in hell nao...Mtscheew
Na iim be say na only African women go full heaven oo
D tot
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 04, 2013
So I'm jst suposd 2 clap while in d mood fr dancing and clap harder wen d urge gets stronger?....
Hell No!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 6:39am On Nov 04, 2013
Must you dance in the chruch? Church should be a place where people should listen to sermons, glorify God and worship God(not by shaking bum bum or dancing azonto, makossa) Jesus didn't preach to his followers to shake bum bum while praising God, no where in the bible Jesus danced in the temple. Christianity has really turn to a joke religion with innovations. Only God can open their eyes.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by drealdoc89(m): 7:19am On Nov 04, 2013
Chaleeee: What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?
Leave people to dance unto their god in the way best known to them!! And stop your attempted mind-control shait!!
God bless u.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by drealdoc89(m): 7:19am On Nov 04, 2013
Chaleeee: What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?
Leave people to dance unto their god in the way best known to them!! And stop your attempted mind-control shait!!
God bless u
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by drealdoc89(m): 7:27am On Nov 04, 2013
Msgamble: Some are even saying here that dancing in Church is wrong, are we to stand lyk 'electric pole' soberly during Praise n Worship(blieve me 30min is going to b lyk 30hrs) when even traditionalist knows d value of praising n dancing to their gods(u neva been to a sango or osun festival)..Aslong as i av my 2(hands n legs) n my ears function well, i'll use it to d praise n glorify of God
u got me laughing@30mins is goin t b lyk 30hrs.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by drealdoc89(m): 7:40am On Nov 04, 2013
@all of u sayin dt d use of musical instrument is nt biblical,check out wat david did in 1sam6:5.
And also,sm1 did ask a question if Jesus did dance in d synagogue I cant give an answer to dt question cos dir ws no record of such in d bible. Buh i got a question for you,did Jesus use a mobile fone while on earth
Did Jesus wear suit to d synagogue
Did Jesus wear 'paul smith' to d synagogue
Even trousers
Am waitin for answers!!!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Vicjay1(m): 8:12am On Nov 04, 2013
dahmie2013: @OP, na wa 4 u o! So we suppose stand like one ookan abi, dey look like lucozade, wen rababa music is going on. Not even in my church were we have all d musical instruments u can think off, chaiiii! Op, just come 2 my church, u'll use ur hand 2 post a picture of urself dancing alingo in Church.

U need 2 see me rocking all dose steps, shaking wat my mama gave me 4 Jesus, as today was hossana service in my church. Na u no o OP! King David danced, d Bible didn't mentn d type of dance.
purely LFC (winners) member.double portion.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by adabeke12(f): 8:20am On Nov 04, 2013
Infomizer:

Please answer his questions. Don't dodge.

yes they were. i know for a fact dat some igbo ppl dance culturally in church and yes i mean bending over and shaking your bom bom. when the mind is corrupts it is corrupt.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:51am On Nov 04, 2013
adabeke12:

yes they were. i know for a fact dat some igbo ppl dance culturally in church and yes i mean bending over and shaking your bom bom. when the mind is corrupts it is corrupt.
Yes! Yes! Yes!!! U are talking da talk gal....
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Hero10001: 10:51am On Nov 04, 2013
emmysenior: Silly thought.

If I'm not mistaking, such dances were not the reason why there's so much corruption in Nigeria.

They re not the reason why there's poverty in the land.

They re not the reason there's boko in the north and kidnapping in the south.

They re not criteria through which one can enter heaven.

As a matter of fact, it is good to dance anyhow for God than to do same for lucifer. e.g King David.

Such dances aren't the reason why we have bad roads, no pipe borne water, no steady electricity, no security etc in Nigeria.

And finally, psychology shows that dancing improves the state of the human minds by 35%.

Dance from ur heart, for it is good for ur health.

Good morning Nigeria!
Dance is dance.
The best dance is Dancing to the rythym of your soul..
Be it Azonto, Etighi, Skelewu, gangnam or whatever..
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by knowledge4(m): 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dancing Makossa in church is an indication of the signs of the end time (Matthew 24:1-10) (2 Timothy 3:1-5)
Worldliness has crept into the church (James 4:4) (1 John 2:15-17) (2 Corinthians 6:14-18) (Romans 12:1-2)
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nd I'm still asking oooooo
"If Azonto nd co,aint allowed what kinda dance steps r allowed"?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
stekyskydon: op, pls tell me d kind of dance david danced to d extent dat he rmvd his cloth? Everytn is a matter of wat u blv in ok. If u dnt wana dance gud bt leave odas alone. Teamdancelykdaviddanced.com
did david danced makossa or Azonto?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
Acidosis:

grin

Easy my Esan sister...
I'm not God

The truth will always remain the truth okay..

I still believe a genuinely born again Christian cannot speak in tongues on sunday and then on saturday sit down somewhere shaking heads and body to Davido or Wizkid...

Such things are abominable before the God we serve..

Lets not cover the truth with a veil of our own desires..

Btw, are you not the same Vicki with several se.xcapades on sexuality section? grin
And you say you're a chorister in the house of God? grin grin

Pls what is the name of your Church? grin

Sorry sist, I'm not trying to condemn you... but this is the position of the Church Jesus died for today.. cry

The world is doomed already!

I Hope Hell will be big enough to accomodate the entire world..
what more can i say. Only d holy once will b saved.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
mayten30: David for bible wey dance troway him cloth abeg which kain spirit enter am sote him dance reach level wey be say na to commot cloth?I expect the op to call it wordly dance because why should he off his cloth when dancing,people go dey see him chest nah and that is a sin shebi?op ur point no make sense,and what is a dance that is not wordly?and tell me the kind of dance u dance in church?the holy ghost or biblical dance shey? angryDavid for bible wey dance troway him cloth abeg which kain spirit enter am sote him dance reach level wey be say na to commot cloth?I expect the op to call it wordly dance because why should he off his cloth when dancing,people go dey see him chest nah and that is a sin shebi?op ur point no make sense,and what is a dance that is not wordly?and tell me the kind of dance u dance in church?the holy ghost or biblical dance shey?
who told u David was totally unclad.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
tintingz: LOL, That's why david wife confronted him why he danced na;ked, but God was not pleased with her statement and cursed her. I think David danced na;ked for he was so happy the covenant box was brought back the spirit of joy was in him he didn't know what he was doing. ID will you dance na;ked in my church wink
so all d girls should dance naked then all boys too. I think God would like dat now? Ignorance is a disease.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "Shame To You" - Pastor Blasts Members For 'giving God N100 As Offering' (video) / How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.