Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,499 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

My Book Of Rants! - Literature (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Book Of Rants! (78749 Views)

Collection Of My Rants / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! / My Book Of Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Book Of Rants! by kay9(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
@V: of course he has a point! What do you think i am, dumb? angry I just don't agree with him is all.

netotse:

@Kay
God must really love you, mopols are far from sane o, so messing with them is not pure, your lucky you didn't push them back, the wahala you woulda entered wont have part 2. . .

. . .plus they have no rant thread to go to. . .lol

Thanks for the advice, but the truth is i'm a likkle unhinged too myself. Heard it from parents, friends, collegues - even enemies have promised me retribution in the form of an unexpected police brouhaha.  But one thing has always been my driving force: The man died in him who keeps silent in the face of oppression (- George Mangakis)

Now don't get me wrong Neto; i admit it was pretty petty picking a case with those mopol officers over something that wasn't even my business - that's why i was glad when it was over. And yes, talking back at mopols is about the most risky thing a person can do in Nigeria. But to suggest that one shouldn't mess with them cos they're insane - now that to me is as bad as condoning their unlawful actions (how else are they gonna know they are wrong if no one is bold enough to tell them otherwise??).

The Nigerian policeman has a lot of things to deal with. Agreed, but does that IN ANY WAY justify taking it out on the ordinary citizen? Lets be sincere, the typical "mmofo" abuses your right because he can do it, and you can't do jack s.H!t about it; it has little to do with his bad work conditions. Shrinks all over the world will tell you that the ONLY way to handle a bully is to stand up to him; you might go home with a broken nose, but you can be assured he's not gonna be bothering you much anymore.

Nigerian mopols aren't primary school bullies; they are grown men toting around AK-47s, each with a screw or two loose in his head. So what it boils down to is this: You can pick courage and tell them they are wrong, and either smile away triumphant, or take a bullet in the tommy and die (i ain't kidding). OR you can meekly keep quiet and be treated like a 2nd class human being. The choice is yours; but i'll be damned if i'm going to let the man in me die.

One last thing; we all wish SOMEONE will make these mopols stop maltreating citizens and respect their rights. Now, go back and ask yourself: WHO IS "SOMEONE"?  wink
Re: My Book Of Rants! by netotse(m): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
kay9:

@V: of course he has a point! What do you think i am, dumb? angry I just don't agree with him is all.

Thanks for the advice, but the truth is i'm a likkle unhinged too myself. Heard it from parents, friends, collegues - even enemies have promised me retribution in the form of an unexpected police brouhaha.  But one thing has always been my driving force: The man died in him who keeps silent in the face of oppression (- George Mangakis)

Now don't get me wrong Neto; i admit it was pretty petty picking a case with those mopol officers over something that wasn't even my business - that's why i was glad when it was over. And yes, talking back at mopols is about the most risky thing a person can do in Nigeria. But to suggest that one shouldn't mess with them cos they're insane - now that to me is as bad as condoning their unlawful actions (how else are they gonna know they are wrong if no one is bold enough to tell them otherwise??).

The Nigerian policeman has a lot of things to deal with. Agreed, but does that IN ANY WAY justify taking it out on the ordinary citizen? Lets be sincere, the typical "mmofo" abuses your right because he can do it, and you can't do jack s.H!t about it; it has little to do with his bad work conditions. Shrinks all over the world will tell you that the ONLY way to handle a bully is to stand up to him; you might go home with a broken nose, but you can be assured he's not gonna be bothering you much anymore.

Nigerian mopols aren't primary school bullies; they are grown men toting around AK-47s, each with a screw or two loose in his head. So what it boils down to is this: You can pick courage and tell them they are wrong, and either smile away triumphant, or take a bullet in the tommy and die (i ain't kidding). OR you can meekly keep quiet and be treated like a 2nd class human being. The choice is yours; but i'll be damned if i'm going to let the man in me die.

One last thing; we all wish SOMEONE will make these mopols stop maltreating citizens and respect their rights. Now, go back and ask yourself: WHO IS "SOMEONE"?  wink

@kay
we're all diff sha. . .i guess i just have a thing for 'underdogs', i know how to handle policemen. . .lol(cant remember the last time i 'rogered'). . .truth is they are human beings jst like you, and they've had a rough deal, imagine being paid peanuts and expected to run towards gunfire, and it's not even as if the people you're supposed to protect appreciate it sef, (when last did you say anything nice about the NPF?) the same pple(us) routinely curse and insult them(sometimes even to their faces) and you now expect them to like you?imagine if doctors were cursed as much, or nurses, how would their bedside manner be?

we nigerians are quick to abuse the police but if there is a call for recruitment how many of us will answer? we're leaving jobs as important as that to illiterates and 'ne'er do wells', so what's happening now is simply sowing what we have reaped.(i know cos i considered joining the police, but my liver no complete. . .lol)

it's simple logic, if you treat me well, i'm more likely to respond humanely, but if i know you're likely to curse me the moment you leave my presence(and u were prolly cursing me before) why on earth should i treat you like a human being? na me be Jesus? who is on their side sef? not us(the public) and def not the criminals, so they have no support system cos even their bosses dont give a shit. . .we've made them AK47-carrying maniacs.

Dont get me wrong, there are times when what you did would be the right thing to do, if you disrespect me, imma put you in your place nicely(no time!). But stereotyping all policemen doesnt make sense, what if the guy your being rude to is one of the goodguys?(and there are good guys in the NPF), we're more likely to hear bad news about them than we are to hear about the good things they've done.

that said. . .i totally acknowledge that 90% of the NPF is going to hell grin

if you're up for some reading, here are two articles written by nigerians on the NPF that tell the story different from what we're used to.
this and this one too

@er'one
sorry for the long post,only two organizations can make me go off like this PHCN and NPF,
Re: My Book Of Rants! by kay9(m): 8:57pm On Mar 23, 2010
@neto: u talk so convincingly i'm having a hard time disagreeing with u. Lemme sleep on this 2nyt, hmm; i'll giv an answer 2mrrw. Those 2 links are quite thought-provoking . . . .
Re: My Book Of Rants! by netotse(m): 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
caveat:
there are some really terrible people in the Nigeria police force(like the ones you saw maltreating ppl the other time). . .and i believe they are the scum of the earth.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by vescucci(m): 12:41am On Mar 24, 2010
Maybe you both should write books
Re: My Book Of Rants! by sino(m): 8:14am On Mar 24, 2010
^^^ gbam v, i second u Lol.
Guyz! Whazup, long time no see.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by kay9(m): 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2010
vescucci:

Maybe you both should write books

Naaaaaaa!! Don't know about neto, but i know that that would require me abandoning my Gulder extra lager - and that is just unacceptable!!!!  grin grin

@sino: whatagwan dude? u been scarce.

Which reminds me, where da bligging blue blazes is Blazeman?? angry angry angry
Re: My Book Of Rants! by bluespice(f): 11:36pm On Mar 24, 2010
kay9:

Naaaaaaa!! Don't know about neto, but i know that that would require me abandoning my Gulder extra lager - and that is just unacceptable!!!!  grin grin

@sino: whatagwan dude? u been scarce.

Which reminds me, where da bligging blue blazes is Blazeman?? angry angry angry
prolly pinning for some lost love
Re: My Book Of Rants! by netotse(m): 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2010
you're such a retard. . .

just admit you're wrong and then jejely go and drown yourself. . .

WTF do you know about anything?

I wish i could smack you though the computer screen. . .silly twit!

thats why naija is so messed up, pple like you dont know when to back the hell up!
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2010
Hello ranters can i remember all the names? (Blaze,V,blue,Kill,netoste,Kay9 etc) cheesy

Playing on my intelligence abi? Hmm I am setting the trap and praying you fall into it then you will discover the mouth can really gush out foul water. I'll wait like a lion observing it's prey and tear you to shreds before you realize what hit you cheesy Now I understand why hunters love to hunt. With an evil grin I spin the web that'll trap you and plan the least efficient way too butcher you(so your demise will take time). Playing with my intelligence with english abi? Just wait you dim-witted fool with an over inflated ego.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by kay9(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
See, i want to rant, i really do. But i ain't got s.h!t to rant about. Now, neto n EjaD, u 2 just came in here n yelled n dissd WITHOUT EVEN TELLING US WHO U RANTING AT!! Nawa o, me too i wan follow rant naw, haba.
See, kay9 is jumping n gingering over here; just tell me who the e-diotic bownzle is and what he/she/they did - then sit back and watch me and Sisi (and Blaze, if he hasn't taken permanent residence in Bermuda) take 'em to smithereens. And V, too, when he isn't bemoaning the fate of humanity grin
Re: My Book Of Rants! by bluespice(f): 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2010
i take offence to the fact that my name wasn't mentioned
i mean what the actual flipping flying phuck? angry
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 12:52pm On Mar 26, 2010
kay9:

See, i want to rant, i really do. But i ain't got s.h!t to rant about. Now, neto n EjaD, u 2 just came in here n yelled n dissd WITHOUT EVEN TELLING US WHO U RANTING AT!! Nawa o, me too i wan follow rant naw, haba.
See, kay9 is jumping n gingering over here; just tell me who the e-diotic bownzle is and what he/she/they did - then sit back and watch me and Sisi (and Blaze, if he hasn't taken permanent residence in Bermuda) take 'em to smithereens. And V, too, when he isn't bemoaning the fate of humanity grin
grin Was ranting about one dude who thinks he can use english to confuse me angry He ain't straight. One minute we're talking fine,the next he's all lust and flattery and before I can clarify he reverts angry I honestly dislike when people aren't being straight. If you're a randy fool then be one and be known as that at least someone will respect the randy fool for being himself. Don't play lusty maggot and holy saint at the same time. You have no idea how that upsets me angry

So Kay9,blue,kill over to ya cheesy unless you think the crime isn't worth it angry
Re: My Book Of Rants! by kay9(m): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
bluespice:

i take offence to the fact that my name wasn't mentioned
i mean what the actual flipping flying phuck? angry

Ahhhh!! How did i do that? The Queen of Rantland herself, and the 2009 Lit-NL poster of the year! Babe-Blu, no mind me, na over-gingering cos am grin

EjaD, stop talking to crazy psychos like that. When an e-diot isn't bold enough to admit that he's an e-diot, then he must be an e-diot on a loooooooong ting!
Re: My Book Of Rants! by ariblaze(m): 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2010
its been a bit peeps
i have been really out of it
lost in my mind
and no matter how i tried
i couldnt break free
not sure i have yet
a few words below to capture the essence of my phase

lost in my mind

dazed like in a trance

over and over its darkness i see

plunging into walls of endless cycle

i want to break free, yet rooted i remain

spring forth shoots of misery

i feel like a mess

but not like in chess

my fears rear their heads

whilst my insecurities start to press

leaving me confused and depressed

i feel like shouting in distress

but all my lamentations fail to impress.

its in this state i find myself

writing a hate mail to self

i feel as tall as an elf

all in my bid to reach out for help.

its a sad world

but its a sadder phase of life for me cry

i want out
Re: My Book Of Rants! by bluespice(f): 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2010
i hate how you've beat me at my game of manipulation
i used to be so good at keeping my emotions in check, now i'm a blundering fool, foaming at the mouth with every descending wave of indescribable emotions.
i really wanna forget you, alas you've found a way to fashion yourself a place right under my skin, i can't even get to you, i wouldnt mind the pain, but can you please leave my consciousness?
can you stop hunting every waking hour of mine?
can you simply unexist?
Re: My Book Of Rants! by ariblaze(m): 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
lol. . . .spicy

i think i know how you feel
Re: My Book Of Rants! by vescucci(m): 10:29am On Mar 29, 2010
I think you don't
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 11:50am On Mar 29, 2010
At first I thought you were God sent to bring sanity to the chaos reigning in the office. Now I see you're a green snake. Wipe that smile off your face before I do it for you. Blithering eediot who doesn't understand the importance of family. I mean what sense does it make to remain in the office till 7/8/9pm doing nothing? To be busy looking busy is annoying after a long hard day. And you call it sacrifice? I mean, come on!!! Do you really want to be surrounded by a bunch of angry people thinking evil things to do to you once it's past 6pm. My fave daydream is how to disfigure your face permanently. HOW DARE YOU CALL A MEETING FOR SUNDAY? angry angry There's Monday to Saturday for chrissake. I'm not even ranting properly. maybe cos I'm bone tired. Need to rest and think of better ways to cuss this new tyrant.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by ariblaze(m): 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2010
@Ejadamen

you may need to see either me or kay9 for the recipe to rid ya of that rash
Re: My Book Of Rants! by firestar(f): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2010
I tried. I really have tried. At wit's end so I'm staying clear out of your hair.
*Snorts*
Please. Leave. Now.
. . . I might regret this later, and I will hurt you with barbed wired retorts if you don't leave me, and you KNOW it. Just, go okay. Too incensed, I need to breathe: 1. . .
2. . .
3. . .

*Glares*
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2010
ariblaze:

@Ejadamen

you may need to see either me or kay9 for the recipe to rid ya of that rash
cheesy kay9,blaze, recipe pls
Re: My Book Of Rants! by ravenzord(m): 5:43am On Mar 30, 2010
I really hate it when this pseudo-evangelists wake me up with their loudspeakers at 5 am,can't they preach at more humane hours,when their preachees will actually be in the mood to listen. I travel East to avoid muezzins only to meet Igbo Aladuras, mcheew
angry. If I had a gun I'd shoot this eediot. . .at least he'd go to heaven so I'd be doing him a favor.

@ Ejad: I see you reside in Enugu, 042 kwenu!
Re: My Book Of Rants! by tubabie(f): 7:12am On Mar 30, 2010
^^^Hehehehe@ muezzins and igbo aladura
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2010
ravenzord:

I really hate it when this pseudo-evangelists wake me up with their loudspeakers at 5 am,can't they preach at more humane hours,when their preachees will actually be in the mood to listen. I travel East to avoid muezzins only to meet Igbo Aladuras, mcheew
angry. If I had a gun I'd shoot this eediot. . .at least he'd go to heaven so I'd be doing him a favor.
grin grin
ravenzord:

@ Ejad: I see you reside in Enugu, 042 kwenu!
No idea what that means but I guess it's a greeting? undecided Kwenu to you too.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by ravenzord(m): 11:45pm On Mar 30, 2010
^^ Are you serious? Hehe, all you these ajebutters self. How long have you been resident in the coal city? 042's d phone code for Enugu, hence folks who live there are called Nwa 042s.

@ Tubabie and the other mad people who patronize this thread: Kwenu to y'all, longest.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 11:21am On Mar 31, 2010
ravenzord:

^^ Are you serious? Hehe, all you these ajebutters self. How long have you been resident in the coal city? 042's d phone code for Enugu, hence folks who live there are called Nwa 042s.
You assume I am Igbo. Been in Enugu less than 6 months.

@ Topic, blaze, Kay9 where are my recipes? angry
Re: My Book Of Rants! by ariblaze(m): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
saw this and well . . . . i am sharing

A while ago, my Dad met a stranger who was new to our small town. From the beginning, Dad was fascinated with this enchanting newcomer and soon invited him to live with our family. The stranger was quickly accepted and was around from then on.

As I grew up, I never questioned his place in my family. In my young mind, he had a special niche. My parents were complementary instructors: Mom taught me good from evil, and Dad taught me to obey. But the stranger, he was our storyteller. He would keep us spellbound for hours on end with adventures, mysteries and comedies.

If I wanted to know anything about politics, history or science, he always knew the answers about the past, understood the present and even seemed able to predict the future! He took my family to the first major league ball game. He made me laugh, and he made me cry. The stranger never stopped talking, but Dad didn't seem to mind.

Sometimes, Mom would get up quietly while the rest of us were shushing each other to listen to what he had to say, and she would go to the kitchen for peace and quiet. (I wonder now if she ever prayed for the stranger to leave.)

Dad ruled our household with certain moral convictions, but the stranger never felt obligated to honor them. Profanity, for example, was not allowed in our home, Not from us, our friends or any visitors. Our longtime visitor, however, got away with four-letter words that burned my ears and made my dad squirm and my mother blush. My Dad didn't permit the liberal use of alcohol. But the stranger encouraged us to try it on a regular basis. He made cigarettes look cool, cigars manly and pipes distinguished.

He talked freely (much too freely!) about sex. His comments were sometimes blatant, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing.

I now know that my early concepts about relationships were influenced strongly by the stranger. Time after time, he opposed the values of my parents, yet he was seldom rebuked, And NEVER asked to leave.

More than fifty years have passed since the stranger moved in with our family. He has blended right in and is not nearly as fascinating as he was at first. Still, if you could walk into my parents' den today, you would still find him sitting over in his corner, waiting for someone to listen to him talk and watch him draw his pictures.

His name?

We just call him 'TV.'

(Note: This should be required reading for every household!)

He has a wife now, We call her 'Computer.'

Their first child is "Cell Phone".

Second child "I Pod"
Re: My Book Of Rants! by bluespice(f): 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
ariblaze:

A while ago, my Dad met a stranger who was new to our small town. From the beginning, Dad was fascinated with this enchanting newcomer and soon invited him to live with our family. The stranger was quickly accepted and was around from then on.

As I grew up, I never questioned his place in my family. In my young mind, he had a special niche. My parents were complementary instructors: Mom taught me good from evil, and Dad taught me to obey. But the stranger, he was our storyteller. He would keep us spellbound for hours on end with adventures, mysteries and comedies.

If I wanted to know anything about politics, history or science, he always knew the answers about the past, understood the present and even seemed able to predict the future! He took my family to the first major league ball game. He made me laugh, and he made me cry. The stranger never stopped talking, but Dad didn't seem to mind.

Sometimes, Mom would get up quietly while the rest of us were shushing each other to listen to what he had to say, and she would go to the kitchen for peace and quiet. (I wonder now if she ever prayed for the stranger to leave.)

Dad ruled our household with certain moral convictions, but the stranger never felt obligated to honor them. Profanity, for example, was not allowed in our home, Not from us, our friends or any visitors. Our longtime visitor, however, got away with four-letter words that burned my ears and made my dad squirm and my mother blush. My Dad didn't permit the liberal use of alcohol. But the stranger encouraged us to try it on a regular basis. He made cigarettes look cool, cigars manly and pipes distinguished.

He talked freely (much too freely!) about intimacy. His comments were sometimes blatant, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing.

I now know that my early concepts about relationships were influenced strongly by the stranger. Time after time, he opposed the values of my parents, yet he was seldom rebuked, And NEVER asked to leave.

More than fifty years have passed since the stranger moved in with our family. He has blended right in and is not nearly as fascinating as he was at first. Still, if you could walk into my parents' den today, you would still find him sitting over in his corner, waiting for someone to listen to him talk and watch him draw his pictures.

His name?

We just call him 'TV.'

Second child "I Pod"
cheesy sad
Re: My Book Of Rants! by netotse(m): 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
ariblaze:

He talked freely (much too freely!) about intimacy. His comments were sometimes blatant, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing.

His name?

We just call him 'TV.'

Second child "I Pod"

i dont do business with your stranger, but i'm having an affair with his wife and his first child's my booty call, i pick her up when i need to get my rocks off!

@ejadamen
i'm guessing u're edo abi?
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2010
netotse:

@ejadamen
Is it that obvious? grin

@ Topic,
Afraid to take a leap into the unknown but it's the only way I'll ever know if I can do it or not. Sigh! I know you can never predict what will be a success or failure but girl buckle up and face the challenge!! I'm tired of your endless pondering and melancholy way of seeing the negatives instead of the positives. There's light in the plan somewhere. You continue like this and you'll crash before you take off. Make a plan not half a plan and leap baby. There's money to be made.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2010
netotse:

@ejadamen
Is it that obvious? grin

@ Topic,
Afraid to take a leap into the unknown but it's the only way I'll ever know if I can do it or not. Sigh! I know you can never predict what will be a success or failure but girl buckle up and face the challenge!! I'm tired of your endless pondering and melancholy way of seeing the negatives instead of the positives. There's light in the plan somewhere. You continue like this and you'll crash before you take off. Make a plan not half a plan and leap baby. There's money to be made.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (70) (Reply)

INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / Without Promises... / Fighting Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.