Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,294 members, 7,954,169 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! (11695 Views)

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by mysticgal(f): 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
thank you deols you're my type. say no to abuse joor,nonsense bros angry
how shildren smiley @deols
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by deols(f): 1:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
mysticgal: thank you deols you're my type. say no to abuse joor,nonsense bros angry
how shildren smiley @deols

A big NO to abuse!!

Lol @Shildren . Ayam single.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 1:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
deols:
If she had slapped him, fine.
But she didn't.

so he should have waited for the first blood to be drawn before reacting? come on - the art of self defense doesn't work that way. she was confrontational & she was moving closer to the dude. was she going to hug him or land him a slap?

The op has laboured for him and his wife. She can get angry and make mistakes as a human being. That is not a reason for anybody to assault her.

she started the assault. raising her voice & waving a finger in someone's face is also an assault.

Cooking for them is not her responsibility but she did so anyway. And because she could not do what they wanted once, they became vindictive.

they had cooked the food when the OP went out. the OP was angry they didn't include her ration & she transferred the aggression to the brother in law.

Husband was simply angry that he could not eat beans early enough. No amount of disrespect from her should have warranted him beating her up. She is not even his wife and owes him NOTHIng. Not even the respect he is asking for. That, he needed to earn. And now he has shown himself to be not deserving of it.

husband had moved on from the initial incident. he was reading his book quietly when the OP accosted him & took the book from him.

As the op, I'd made him PAY in every way that I can. The last thing I will take from anyone is this kind of abuse.

hahahaha
in nigeria, the side with the money would win. it's their word against hers. the hubby has a witness, the OP doesn't. so how do you make him pay?
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Sissie(f): 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
Op, tell your sister and husband to leave your house, and stay away from them.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by deols(f): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2013

so he should have waited for the first blood to be drawn before reacting? come on - the art of self defense doesn't work that way. she was confrontational & she was moving closer to the dude. was she going to hug him or land him a slap?

What is the probability that she would have hit him?

she started the assault. raising her voice & waving a finger in someone's face is also an assault.

And you think it is the same as slapping her twice and removing his belt to beat her more?

they had cooked the food when the OP went out. the OP was angry they didn't include her ration & she transferred the aggression to the brother in law.

What about all the other things she had done for them. Taking care of the wife and their child? Should all of those not count? should they even have cooked without considering her? Both husband and wife appear to be bad people and deserve each other imo. There is nothing wrong with her being angry at the time. That is very normal.

husband had moved on from the initial incident. he was reading his book quietly when the OP accosted him & took the book from him.
It is her book though. And she has every right to it, however she wants it.

hahahaha
in nigeria, the side with the money would win. it's their word against hers. the hubby has a witness, the OP doesn't. so how do you make him pay?

And that is a good thing abi. At least she used a kettle on him. I hope he will have to nurse it for long or develop an hematoma as a result.

If he does not apologise, it is unforgivable.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sissie: Op, tell your sister and husband to leave your house, and stay away from them.

I think it's her parents house.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
deols:
What is the probability that she would have hit him?

she said it herself - she was "boiling" & she overreacted. at that point, she has lost control totally.

And you think it is the same as slapping her twice and removing his belt to beat her more?

that's just a ploy to make him look bad. learn to separate the wheat from the chaff. so he slapped her twice, waited for him to remove his belt & started hitting her & she stood there like a statue.

i have a dinosaur in dugbe market, you wanna buy?

What about all the other things she had done for them. Taking care of the wife and their child? Should all of those not count? should they even have cooked without considering her? Both husband and wife appear to be bad people and deserve each other imo. There is nothing wrong with her being angry at the time. That is very normal.

it's one thing to be angry, it's another thing to let the anger becloud one's senses to the extent of misbehaving & provoking others. she could have just walked away from the situation & break glass cups at the backyard to destress.

It is her book though. And she has every right to it, however she wants it.

including being disrespectful when she asked for it back? hahahaha. the dude didn't steal the book from her. he took permission before taking it from her - respect beget respect & i think women get shamelessly brazen when they confront men thinking a man is not supposed to hit them.

And that is a good thing abi. At least she used a kettle on him. I hope he will have to nurse it for long or develop an hematoma as a result.

both parties should lick their wounds & move on. women should never confront/provoke men into violence.

If he does not apologise, it is unforgivable.

goodluck on that.......
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by tbaba1234: 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
Maybe the younger brother is really young but if you are beating any of my sisters for any reason. I'd be smashing your head in... There is no excuse for this, walk away.. It is not even your house.

When my sister was about to get married, My dad warned her husband that if he ever hit her, he would come over and break his legs. grin . Those are the ones that are married o! Imagine hitting the one that is not even married to you.

There is more to this story but there is no excuse for this.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Sissie(f): 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
Phema:

I think it's her parents house.

If it's her parents house, she needs to avoid them.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Nutase: 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

cöck & bull story....
you did nothing at all, this enraged, psychopathic, brutish, flesh-eating brother in law just came from nowhere & started beating you for no reason. i would have joined them in beating you too if i were there.

grin grin grin
Welcome back coogar I've missed your poetic and descriptive responses on NL.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by uchetobi(f): 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

i don't support violence too but it's sometimes necessary. she provoked the bro-in-law & she was pointing finger at him. he was only defending himself - what's he meant to do? wait for her to strike the first blow?

Did a human being write this.? Na wa o! So its better he strikes the first blow so she doesnt?

Parents pls train your children well....that is all i will say

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by uchetobi(f): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
Violence is never NECCESSARY in any situation...

If my husband should raise his hands at my sister, its disrespectful to me, and my parents not just my sister REGARDLESS of the provocation

Worse case he says to me we should pack our bags and go and we do but to get physical? Hmm...that kind of man will get physical with me too if he is angry

@op...hope you and your mom has thrown them out? Let them go to their own house and fight box themselves to death there

Mschewww. Some men are just cowards...fullstop

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
uchetobi:
Did a human being write this.? Na wa o! So its better he strikes the first blow so she doesnt?

don't go about provoking people to hit you. even if you are in control of your anger, you cannot control the anger of the individual you are provoking. if she wasn't so confrontational, the matter would have been avoided.

Parents pls train your children well....that is all i will say

it's one thing to train & another for the kids to listen. i implore you practise what you preach. if you were trained well, you wouldn't have asked if a human being wrote a comment. who else could have written it? an alien or the louse entangled in your cornrow?

Nutase:

grin grin grin
Welcome back coogar I've missed your poetic and descriptive responses on NL.

how'dy? wink
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by luvablesam(m): 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
ohhhh,d guy shouldn't have slapped u or anything of such...he shld av reported u to his wife,since he was In ur family house. if ther was gonna be any slapping,it shld av been by ur Sister n not ur in law.

Am sure he slapped u cos he sees u as a younger sis dat needs correction( u stated yourself that you have known him over 10years).that not withstanding,he shouldn't av beat u up..

he shld av walked away when u were rude to him.

@OP for how long av u been pointing at him anytime he confronts u??
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
hahahaha... coogar
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by uchetobi(f): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
I am reacting to your 'necessary some times' because there is no time violence against a woman is necessary!

Anyways im not even bother trading words with you...your thinking mentality is already on full display for all to see...so carry on

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by deriod(m): 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
@op,is it your house or family house? why is your mum not reacting ,cos I know Nigerian parents are over protective of their children,what's your brother take on these,who owns the food?answer this questions we can take it up from there.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
uchetobi: I am reacting to your 'necessary some times' because there is no time violence against a woman is necessary!

this is the nonsense you people keep telling yourself. there's no time violence against women should be tolerated but women should be free to use violence against men? well done. the hypocrisy is complete 7.5 minutes later when these same women want sex equality.

naturally many men are very reluctant to hit a woman, even in self defence, because it is considered very unmanly. in fact, this is something that many violent women like the OP depend upon. they go ahead waving finger in a man's face cos they naturally expect the man not to react - after all, men are emotionless zombies, right?

Anyways im not even bother trading words with you...your thinking mentality is already on full display for all to see...so carry on

yes, we cannot trade words.....
you are intellectually out of my league on issues like this one. when it's about which part of chicken should be hacked or what brand of vegetable is the most delicious, i would be needing your expert advice.

pickabeau1: hahahaha... coogar

women who display aggression towards men stated that they expressed aggression toward their male partners in part because they wished to engage their partner's attention, particularly emotionally. also, assaultive women did not believe that their male victims would be seriously injured or would even retaliate. this is why you would see a tiny woman clutch at the shirt of a big man screaming "you must kill me today"
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
^^^ true... in some cases women always believe men will be chivalrous and let it slide but i still doubt it was so in this case

She is helping your wife with a new birth and you do that...
No gender has a monopoly of violence abd Violence is not the answer
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
Having an argument with coogar is like wishing for your brain cells to commit suicide. This guy is stubborn!!!
back to the topic, what the Op did was wrong and even she , knows it. Th truth is that in rage, common sense at time goes out the window. that being said, two wrongs don't make a right. she didn't even touch the in-law, so how is that self defence. if after slapping or hitting the in law, he beat her up, then that is self defence.
the in law is a shameless, immature tout and I pity the OP's sister. Violence is wrong, irrespective of what caused it!!
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by deols(f): 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
and op is 29 years old!! What kind of correction is that..

Op's mother is only acting like many in her generation would. She probably does not want the sis in law to be a cause of a problem in her sister's marriage.

@Op, you need to update us o. Is that excuse for a man still living in your house?

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
chaircover: coogar eku ishe o!
you seem to love trolling these days. Just let lleoba catch you there, I am sorry for you cool grin

trolling? should a man take the first blow before reacting? what if that first blow blinds him permanently?

steph7: Having an argument with coogar is like wishing for your brain cells to commit suicide. This guy is stubborn!!!
back to the topic, what the Op did was wrong and even she , knows it. Th truth is that in rage, common sense at time goes out the window. that being said, two wrongs don't make a right. she didn't even touch the in-law, so how is that self defence. if after slapping or hitting the in law, he beat her up, then that is self defence.
the in law is a shameless, immature tout and I pity the OP's sister. Violence is wrong, irrespective of what caused it!!

the OP initiated the violence - waving a finger in one's face & raising one's voice are all parts of violence. they don't have to be physical to qualify as violence. she started it, he ended it. grin
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
chaircover:

coogarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Pointing is now equal to blinding blow grin grin

Talk about drama LOL

You remind me of my male hairdresser. Always gesticulating wildly when he talks . . . drama incorporated grin grin grin

pointing & moving closer can only lead to one thing if she wasn't stopped in her tracks.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by pickabeau1: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

pointing & moving closer can only lead to one thing if she wasn't stopped on her tracks.

As u are talking... i just dey laff for hia

You talking to me
You talking to me

Pokes eye grin grin grin grin grin

But seriously now... violence is not justifiable in any event especially in this scenario
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by deols(f): 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

trolling? should a man take the first blow before reacting? what if that first blow blinds him permanently?

If this had happened in the US..would waving a finger have counted as violence?

This is one of the reasons Nigeria HAS to CHANGE.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by coogar: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
deols:
If this had happened in the US..would waving a finger have counted as violence?

This is one of the reasons Nigeria HAS to CHANGE.

yes - it would have been. issuing threats & being verbally abusive are parts of domestic violence. the hubby has a cooperative witness(his wife) so i am sure both of them would have slept in jail that night if they had both pressed charges.
Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by deols(f): 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

yes - it would have been. issuing threats & being verbally abusive are parts of domestic violence. the hubby has a cooperative witness(his wife) so i am sure both of them would have slept in jail that night if they had both pressed charges.

What in the Op says she issued threats??

You are trying by all means to justify what he did. She did not even say that she abused him.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2013

10 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! by netotse(m): 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
@thread
the BIL should not have laid his hand on OP, he has no right whatsoever.

that said, OP comes across as rude to me:

she told the sis she has started something and should be prepared to finish it, isn't that a petty statement?(we all make such statements, I know...doesn't make it right)

She said she didn't know when she started moving towards BIL, if that isn't a provocation, what is? everyone knows those rude girls that stand in your face and shout at you, what are they asking for? love and affection? (once again BIL was wrong to have slapped her).

OP wants us to tell her BIL was wrong and castigate him all the while ignoring the fact that she contributed her fair share to the whole scenario...rubbish and nonsense.

@OP
be the bigger person, apologize for the part you played in the mess(I did not say for being beaten) then stay away from them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? / Barely And Neatly Used Uk Baby Things. / Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.