Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

@ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. (13122 Views)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 10:22am On Nov 09, 2013
try69:

*I teach something(A) today

After a while,

*i found A to be misleading, wrong (you say mistake) and change my stance to B

After a while yet again

*i go back to A(I earlier adjudged mistake) citing B to be a mistake

Round-robin grin

When the same mistakes are repeated, it's called confusion.

Which kind clearer light grin light doesn't get clear by the day, light shines every other day grin

You are just a hypocrite !

Catholic church collected and demanded for tithe befor, does that mean that tithing is for christians ?
Is it then a bad thing for those that once preached tithing to change and stop preaching it ? Your answer please.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 10:27am On Nov 09, 2013
i think am Getting sick with with christian propaganda.

If atheist or such kind people are to be doing such, it will not have been surprising.

But christians doing such Na wa !

Will Jesus be doing such ?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Yooguyz: 11:16am On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth:

you and our Watchtower organization are bigger hypocrites. Criticizing other christian groups for the same thing we are guilty of.

Is it then a bad thing for those that once preached tithing to change and stop preaching it ? Your answer please.

No it's not a bad thing. Whats bad is when you use deceptive means to cover your past mistakes.
If the FDS had openly admitted that many doctrines the past were errors, it would have been a different matter. But instead what did they say- " the light gets brighter ".
Honesty and sincerety makes the difference bro.

1 Like

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 09, 2013
true2god: U r one of the few honest JWs i have seen recently. Of course we human can make mistakes, but its another thing to admit the error and learn frm it.

Ok my question to u is, since most of the years fixed (1925, 1935---berth sarim, 1975---armageddon, 1984---forever will shall live on paradise earth, where it was taught that generation that experience WW1 will not die before armagedon) earlier by the JW had been admitted as mistakes (dnt wanna use error), dont u think that their 1914 is also a mistake that JW dnt wanna jettison.

Note that for all those years i listed, JWs admitted they make mistakes and are not perfect (note that WTS never still admitted that they make any mistake, but members admit). So my question to u is this, since the watchtower society (WTS) used a special calculation (only knwn to dem) to arrive at 1925, 1935, 1975 and 1984 (1914+'70) and all these years were confirmed false given their escatholigical teachings, dont u think that 1914 is also false? If 1914 is also false (as 99% of xtains belief), y is WTS still holdin unto it as an official year of christ's invisible presence (tho' the Bible didnt not teach any invisible presence)?

Pls clarify.

ok sir. i will address later. am in the preaching work now.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Yooguyz: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
JMAN05:

ok sir. i will address later. am in the preaching work now.

guy no go ask question wey go make them hold judicial meeting for your head oh!
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by try69: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth:

Catholic church collected and demanded for tithe befor, does that mean that tithing is for christians ?

When you hear things, ask questions to garner in-depth knowledge.

I talked about catastrophic doctrines, right?
I talked about back and forth doctrines, right?

Maybe you have not gotten the context. You can go back and re-read if you wish, this time carefully.

First of, hope you can differentiate between and know the meaning of these words "DOCTRINES" $ "OBLIGATIONS". ?

If yes, then see the catholic stand on tithes;

Although the Church teaches that offering some form of material support to the Church is obligatory for all Catholic adults who are able to do so, it doesn't specify what percent of one's income should be given. Remember, tithing was an Old Testament obligation that was incumbent on the Jews under the Law of Moses. Christians are dispensed from the obligation of tithing ten percent of their incomes, but not from the obligation to help the Church.

The key to understanding how God wants us to give to the Church is found in 1 Corinthians 16:2, "On the first day of the week [Sunday] each of you should set aside whatever he can afford," and in 2 Corinthians 9:5-8,

So I thought it necessary to encourage the brothers to go on ahead to you and arrange in advance for your promised gift [donation], so that in this way it might be ready as a bountiful gift and not as an exaction. Consider this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each must do as already determined without sadness or compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. Moreover, God is able to make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things, always having all you need, you may have an abundance for every good work.

To paraphrase: God doesn't demand a fixed amount of money from us; he wants us to give from the heart. If people are forced by their church to give a certain percent of their income, that's extortion. If they give freely and cheerfully the amount they are able, that's a gift.

http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/what-is-the-churchs-position-on-tithing

And peharps you want to know how tithes was introduced into the church as she was expanding NOT as a doctrine but as an OBLIGATION OF CONSCIENCE for church expansion.

Oya begin read

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14741b.htm

Do you see similarities with what my points up there are?
Did you notice any back and forth grin movement even if you want to claim it was doctrinal?
Even if some catholics pay tithes once, no catastrophic (malachi) doctrine was attached to it. It was for those who could afford it. Talking about catastrophic teaching grin , maybe na because you no dey alive when russell and co predict the end of the world, you for vex pass me. grin

B/w before you call me hypocrite, first call JMAN05 twice, catholics never attack people's belief system..JMAN05 was busy attacking catholic belief before the OP decided to open this thread so he too can defend their doctrines.. Did you notice his moniker on the topic?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by try69: 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
To understand the bible in "context" and not just literally, one needs to study a little bit of history (languages, cultures, norms) of the times before, during and after christ.

Scripture which my dear friend claimed JW's understanding and interpretation of is not inspired, makes me wonder and I asked a question he has refused to answer- how do JW's believe the interpretation of scripture is achieved? This forms a great debate between early theologians of the catholic and orthodox churches till date..(I can only deduce mathematics from the failed russell and co end time prophecy)

JW end time prediction could have failed from the fact that the use of timing in the bible could peharps be figurative.

When you create doctrines out of parts of scriptures, you should first of ask yourself if it does not disaffirm the fundamentals of the christian faith.

Literal interpretation and disaffirmation in interpretation of the fundamentals of christ-likeness in scriptural understanding is the sole reason why history(culture, norms, traditions, languages e.t.c) can never be exempted from context in scriptural discernment.

Literal interpretation examples are so numerous, from pluck out your eye if it cause you to sin to it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.. are clear cases to suggest the depth unto which some other parts of scripture should be acclaimed "figurative".

Now how do you disaffirm the fundamentals of christ-likeness (christianity i.e like christ)?

Remember the story of the adoultrous woman? He who is without sin should cast the first stone? Or the parable of the lost sheep? The parable of the prodigal son? All these center on how christ would treat a sinner, and now if I say i want to be christ-like, do I cross to the other side of the road when i see the brother I have judged(even if judgement is for God) a sinner?
Or speak not to him even while I accept him in my midst(like the pharisees)? Did christ eat with the tax collectors(sinners) or not?

I once read a story by a man God delivered from the organization called Jw and almost cried. How he was not allowed to speak to his own daughter because she fornicated.. Thank God he is delivered of the bondage called JW.

When I said bla bla bla..it was actually meant to avoid such epistles because the false prophecies of your founding fathers are proof that they would have come up with fascinating and conflicting doctrines which of course is of a confusing spirit.

Have you asked yourself why the whole of christianity is not with the JWs? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth:

You can say that again.

Those that copy falsehood from disfellowship Jw to post here are the honest ones abi ?

It is Italo that is honest abi ?

This your statement here is the honest one abi ?

You that is honest, was Jesus words not "day and Hour" ? Answer and shame the father of lies and proove you have not been deceived by him. Am waiting for you to show that Jesus words was not "Day and Hour", if you dont, we then Know the liars.

Am waiting.

I have been quoting a lot from JW publications.

If what I'm saying is false, it means your organization is lying in its publications.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth: i think am Getting sick with with christian propaganda.

If atheist or such kind people are to be doing such, it will not have been surprising.

But christians doing such Na wa !

Will Jesus be doing such ?

Are you saying Jesus didn't speak out against false prophets like you?

He did!
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
try69: To understand the bible in "context" and not just literally, one needs to study a little bit of history (languages, cultures, norms) of the times before, during and after christ.

Scripture which my dear friend claimed JW's understanding and interpretation of is not inspired, makes me wonder and I asked a question he has refused to answer- how do JW's believe the interpretation of scripture is achieved? This forms a great debate between early theologians of the catholic and orthodox churches till date..(I can only deduce mathematics from the failed russell and co end time prophecy)

JW end time prediction could have failed from the fact that the use of timing in the bible could peharps be figurative.

When you create doctrines out of parts of scriptures, you should first of ask yourself if it does not disaffirm the fundamentals of the christian faith.

Literal interpretation and disaffirmation in interpretation of the fundamentals of christ-likeness in scriptural understanding is the sole reason why history(culture, norms, traditions, languages e.t.c) can never be exempted from context in scriptural discernment.

Literal interpretation examples are so numerous, from pluck out your eye if it cause you to sin to it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.. are clear cases to suggest the depth unto which some other parts of scripture should be acclaimed "figurative".

Now how do you disaffirm the fundamentals of christ-likeness (christianity i.e like christ)?

Remember the story of the adoultrous woman? He who is without sin should cast the first stone? Or the parable of the lost sheep? The parable of the prodigal son? All these center on how christ would treat a sinner, and now if I say i want to be christ-like, do I cross to the other side of the road when i see the brother I have judged(even if judgement is for God) a sinner?
Or speak not to him even while I accept him in my midst(like the pharisees)? Did christ eat with the tax collectors(sinners) or not?

I once read a story by a man God delivered from the organization called Jw and almost cried. How he was not allowed to speak to his own daughter because she fornicated.. Thank God he is delivered of the bondage called JW.

When I said bla bla bla..it was actually meant to avoid such epistles because the false prophecies of your founding fathers are proof that they would have come up with fascinating and conflicting doctrines which of course is of a confusing spirit.

Have you asked yourself why the whole of christianity is not with the JWs? Your guess is as good as mine.

Abeg shift ! Make you no rob me shite.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
italo:

Are you saying Jesus didn't speak out against false prophets like you?

He did!

I see, maybe that is why you could not defend Doctrinal issues biblically.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by try69: 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth:

Abeg shift ! Make you no rob me shite.

I expected this.. grin

1 Like

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yooguyz:

One of the most misleading statements in Watchtower publications is that they accurately foretold 1914 to be
the "start" of the conclusion of this system of things. In reality,
1914 was predicted to be the "end" of the system of things, the conclusion of Armageddon and
the start of the earthly paradise.

i have the watchtower quotes to prove them below
am interested, will be receiving sum jw guys, will like to try them on that and see how they answer.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
hisblud: am interested, will be receiving sum jw guys, will like to try them on that and see how they answer.

You are doing the wisest thing, comfirming/hearing from both parties is always the course of wisdom not taking propaganda to the bank.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth:

can you show evidence from a PDF document that some of those dates relates to Jw for a start ?

Why not add 2000 ?

What has those to do with "day and hour" ?

If Jw show you any info, do you ever care to ask them to verify it to you ?

Oh! You will not, since your love for the scriptures are not strong enough.

Still, it is a shame that none of you can take up a Jw on their doctrin as it were, hence the propaganda.

Be a man and introduce a topic on any of what the Jw preach from house to house like the ones i posted up there and see how the bible will show you how off from the scriptures you are and hence, believing in falsehood.

The most honest and scincere bible students are the ones constantly ensuring that they align themselves with what the bible says.

What loyal set of people they are, that they dont let pride to cloud their bible beliefs and study.
If u called those years i quoted a propaganda then u r 419 in the making (or a new member who knws little about ur org), cos all those years are perfectly quoted in ur WT edition.
Ur 1984 edition which says 'forever men shall live in paradise earth' (my quote of the title might not be completely right) clearly teaches that the generation that experinced 1914 world war will not die off before armagadon! If u need a copy of that edition go check ur 1984 watchtower compedium or as one of ur elders, he might help.

U can as well google the topic frm ur official website u might see the teaching.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth:

can you show evidence from a PDF document that some of those dates relates to Jw for a start ?

Why not add 2000 ?

What has those to do with "day and hour" ?

If Jw show you any info, do you ever care to ask them to verify it to you ?

Oh! You will not, since your love for the scriptures are not strong enough.

Still, it is a shame that none of you can take up a Jw on their doctrin as it were, hence the propaganda.

Be a man and introduce a topic on any of what the Jw preach from house to house like the ones i posted up there and see how the bible will show you how off from the scriptures you are and hence, believing in falsehood.

The most honest and scincere bible students are the ones constantly ensuring that they align themselves with what the bible says.

What loyal set of people they are, that they dont let pride to cloud their bible beliefs and study.
If u called those years i quoted a propaganda then u r 419 in the making (or a new member who knws little about ur org), cos all those years are perfectly quoted in ur WT edition.
Ur 1984 edition which says 'forever men shall live in paradise earth' (my quote of the title might not be completely right) clearly teaches that the generation that experinced 1914 world war will not die off before armagadon! If u need a copy of that edition go check ur 1984 watchtower compedium or as one of ur elders, he might help.

U can as well google the topic frm ur official website u might see the teaching.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth: i think am Getting sick with with christian propaganda.
Are u a christian or a Jehovah's witness?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Yooguyz: 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
hisblud: am interested, will be receiving sum jw guys, will like to try them on that and see how they answer.
here you go brotherly

What the Watchtower said prior to 1914

"The year A.D. 1878 … clearly marks the time for the actual assuming of power as King of kings, by our present, spiritual,
invisible Lord
- …" The Time is At Hand (1911 ed) p.239

"But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble. Zion's Watch Tower 1894 Jul 15 p.226

What the Watchtower claims it said prior to 1914

"The Watchtower has
consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom
power began in 1914."

Watchtower 1993 Jan 15 p.5

"Jehovah's witnesses pointed to the year 1914, decades in advance, as marking the start of
"the conclusion of the system of things." Awake! 1973 Jan 22 p.8

loveroftruth were are you?!
Come and defend them.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by woky: 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth:

You can say that again.

Those that copy falsehood from disfellowship Jw to post here are the honest ones abi ?

It is Italo that is honest abi ?

This your statement here is the honest one abi ?

You that is honest, was Jesus words not "day and Hour" ? Answer and shame the father of lies and proove you have not been deceived by him. Am waiting for you to show that Jesus words was not "Day and Hour", if you dont, we then Know the liars.

Am waiting.
mitcheeeeeeeew!
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
JMAN05:

1. we do not hold to all those teachings you stated. I dont even know where to start and where to end. ok, you can tell me the one you need our current position on.

2. we thought that the number will be complete in 1935. but after that year, some new people began to declare that the spirit bear them witness to be in heaven. You cant tell them no, neither can you say yes.
Why then do you condemn us when the Spirit bears us witness that the Catholic faith is the fullness of truth?

Besides, give me your official teaching on this 1935 issue with evidence.
JMAN05: It is also noteworthy that some of these people could be those who came from churhes into the truth. Some of them do change the heavenly thought with time cos in there church they cant reconcile the idea that a righteous person will be here on earth. but after getting the accurate knowledge that those who will be on earth are still righteous ones, they change their thinking.
So what actually happened? Did they change God's mind and make him offer more vacancies in heaven or did God change their minds and make them know that heaven is filled up?

Official teaching with evidence please.
JMAN05: The fact is that you can never say with certainty the number that has been anointed to be in heaven. You can do that to some, but not all. that is our position. that is why i ignored that one. it is still among the past i ve been talking about.

Please provide evidence that this is your official position. Thank you. One cant just take the words of your mouth to mean anything. You have been trained to tell lies. One has to handle slippery snakes like you firmly.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Yooguyz: 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth: Still, it is a shame that none
of you can take up a Jw on their doctrin as it were, hence the propaganda.

dude you are a clown!
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
italo: You have been trained to tell lies. One has to handle slippery snakes like you firmly.
U r right. I ask 'loverofthruth' to tell me if he's a JW or a christian. This will guide in future engagement.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
@JWs,

If the soul is the body, why does Jesus make a distinction between the body and the soul in Mt 10:28?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
Jesus Christ is referred to as "Mighty God" in Isa 9:6 ("For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us ... And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God ..."wink. Jehovah is referred to as "Mighty God" in Isa 10:20-21. Yet, there is only one God (1Cor 8:4, Isa 43:10, 44:6)?

Why then do you say Jesus is not God?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
@JWs

In Rev 22:12-13, Jesus Christ, the one who is "coming quickly", says of himself, " I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end". In Rev 1:17-18, Jesus, the one who "became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever", refers to himself as the first and the last. Rev 21:6, in speaking of God, says, "...I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end ...". God is also referred to as the "first" and the "last" in Isa 44:6 and Isa 48:12.

Why do you say Jesus is not God since by definition of these words there can only be one first and one last?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ JWs, do you still teach that Jesus Christ is the Archangel Michael?

What is your current teaching...and please provide evidence.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by truthislight: 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
italo: @JWs,

If the soul is the body, why does Jesus make a distinction between the body and the soul in Mt 10:28?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by truthislight: 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
italo: Jesus Christ is referred to as "Mighty God" in Isa 9:6 ("For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us ... And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God ..."wink. Jehovah is referred to as "Mighty God" in Isa 10:20-21. Yet, there is only one God (1Cor 8:4, Isa 43:10, 44:6)?

Why then do you say Jesus is not God?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by truthislight: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
italo: @JWs

In Rev 22:12-13, Jesus Christ, the one who is "coming quickly", says of himself, " I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end". In Rev 1:17-18, Jesus, the one who "became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever", refers to himself as the first and the last. Rev 21:6, in speaking of God, says, "...I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end ...". God is also referred to as the "first" and the "last" in Isa 44:6 and Isa 48:12.

Why do you say Jesus is not God since by definition of these words there can only be one first and one last?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by truthislight: 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
italo: @ JWs, do you still teach that Jesus Christ is the Archangel Michael?

What is your current teaching...and please provide evidence.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by truthislight: 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hehehehe..

@Italo

i like the boldness above, atleast you came out confidently to post those doctrinal differences on this thread, i will call those the essence tthat should and can determined this :

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4).
==========================================

Good Job.

I am interested, however, i await Jman that you had called out to address those first.

Peace.

Watching.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
true2god: U r one of the few honest JWs i have seen recently. Of course we human can make mistakes, but its another thing to admit the error and learn frm it.

Ok my question to u is, since most of the years fixed (1925, 1935---berth sarim, 1975---armageddon, 1984---forever will shall live on paradise earth, where it was taught that generation that experience WW1 will not die before armagedon) earlier by the JW had been admitted as mistakes (dnt wanna use error), dont u think that their 1914 is also a mistake that JW dnt wanna jettison.

No. The interpretation of 1914 as the fulfilment of the end of the gentile times fulfilled in that year. The calculation is above. What felled is the expectation that they will reveive there heavenly reward that year.

They believed that 1914 bring about a great change in world events, but they never knew for sure how it will be. It is after there time that was realized that it marked the start of christ's presence. This was never changed. It even appeared in news papers as a true story in that year. (The New York World of Aug. 30, 1914 page 4) because we stated that that year will make a drastic turn in world's condition.

Note that for all those years i listed, JWs admitted they make mistakes and are not perfect (note that WTS never still admitted that they make any mistake, but members admit). So my question to u is this, since the watchtower society (WTS) used a special calculation (only knwn to dem) to arrive at 1925, 1935, 1975 and 1984 (1914+'70) and all these years were confirmed false given their escatholigical teachings, dont u think that 1914 is also false? If 1914 is also false (as 99% of xtains belief), y is WTS still holdin unto it as an official year of christ's invisible presence (tho' the Bible didnt not teach any invisible presence)?

Pls clarify.

The bold. They do admit it. Read g95 6/22 page 8, 9.

In 1975 they cant be said to have made any dogmatic statement. People just misunderstood their writings. After their calculation of the 6000 yrs of human existence, they emphatically stated that this chronology cant be use to predict the millenial reign of christ cos of unknown dates. But people didnt were so zealous to see the world's end.

In 1984, I didnt get any document in that about the generation. But that prophesy must surely fulfill. It is found at Matt. 24:34.

From your view, which generation do you think Jesus was talking about?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / Terrified By Bats: Please Advice Me / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.