Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

@ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. (13121 Views)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 11, 2013
Emusan:

Infact Holyspirit can speak.
Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, [size=14pt]the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.[/size]

In this verse Holy spirit identified Itself as Jesus by saying "...the work whereunto I have called...."

It's Jesus who called Paul yet Holy spirit claimed to be the who called Paul.
gbam! Jw answer.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 10:56am On Nov 11, 2013
hisblud: If the jw see the Holy Spirit as an impersonal active force like sanddust, they cannot be Christians.
@ loveroftruth, are JW christians or non-christains? Yes or no, i dont need ur jextaposing and long incoherent post.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hi jman and loveroftruth, why no answer, na?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
hisblud: Hi jman and loveroftruth, why no answer, na?
It's a very simple question than many JW will refuse to answer straightaway. They will rather take you through long lecture instead of giving u a straight response.

Hisblud, u need ask urself if u r dealing with, or having Bible discussions with, a christian organization. This will form the next step u'll take in ur future discussion. My JW friend made me understand that they are not christians, or part of the christendom. So i need clarification from JMAN05 if he share similar opinion or belief.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
hisblud: Hi jman and loveroftruth, why no answer, na?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
^ that reminds me of a verse, if anyone does not have the Spirit of God, He is non of Christ [paraphrase]. If you regard the Rauch Ha Kodesh as a "thing", how would you value such a "thing", you would be ridiculing "it". [referring to Rauch Ha Kodesh as a "thing" or an "it", sends a kind of shiver of sorts thru me]
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
JMAN05:

chai, I will receive insult cos of being sincere!!! If I ask you, are you a catholic or a christian. what will you answer? assuming you are a catholic.

A Catholic can easily give you a simple answer without putting you through the torture of making you ask it 100 times more or subjecting you to long incoherent meaningless posts.

I am Catholic.

I am a Christian.

Simple as ABC.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
JMAN05:

go to google play and update ur intellectual apps. It is outdated. look up though.

God - the one greater than him, whom he serves. Does God have any? yes or no?

Another dubious 'meaninglessness.'

God has God. Yes.

As Spirit has Spirit.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
JMAN05:

Does it not show that God is greater than Him? cos I ve heard that anyone gave the almighty a revelation to go and give to somebody.

Yeah right...just like John the Baptist I the greatest but still human like the rest.

The Father is greater but still God like Jesus.

"I and the Father are one."

Is it Archangel Michael that is one with the Father?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
JMAN05:

what does it mean? immortal soul?

Why cant you just answer what the Jehovah's Witnesses say the soul is?

You look for the flimsiest excuses to avoid questions.

This one is talking about your current teaching and you're still afraid to answer.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
truthislight: Hehehe, very funny a place. grin

@Italo

I wish to show you something below, so, cool down and read it and see if there is anything you will take out of it from this Rev 22.

Rev 22:6-13 talked about Yahweh sending his angel, then from verse 16 and 17 talked about Jesus the root of Devid also sending his angel.

see:

"And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. " (Revelation 22:6-13).
..........:..........
That ^ is talking about Yahweh that sends His angel.

After Yahweh sends his Angel, then Jesus sends his angel in subsequent vers 16 below:

"I Jesus have sent mine angel
to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (Revelation 22:16-17).

The almighty is not of the root of David.

Yahweh is not a morning star.

"The lord God of the prophet" is Yahweh.

@Italo

did we learn anything there ?

Key questions:

1. Who is coming quickly in verse 12 & 20?

2. Compare Rev 22:6 And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place

With Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

And adjuge who is speaking.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
God--Is 44:6, 7: I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
7 Who is like me? Let them proclaim it,
let them declare and set it forth before me.

Jesus--Rev 1:17 I am the first and the last!

Italo-- SMH for JWs.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
Emusan:

See the English meaning of 'it'
pronoun
-The third-person singular personal pronoun used to refer to an inanimate object, to an inanimate thing with no or unknown sex or gender.
-The third-person singular personal pronoun used to refer to an animate entity of unknown gender.
[size=14pt]-Used to refer to oneself when identifying oneself, often on the phone, but not limited to this situation.[/size]
-The impersonal pronoun, used without referent as the subject of an impersonal verb or statement. (known as the dummy pronoun or weather it)
-The impersonal pronoun, used as a placeholder for a delayed subject, or less commonly, object. (known as the dummy pronoun)
obsolete relative That which; what.
noun (plural it)
-The person or people who chase and try to catch the other players in the playground game of tag.
(British) The game of tag itself.

So is Holy spirit a person or not?
@bold-It is very clear that these three persons are One.

out of context.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
italo: God--Is 44:6, 7: I am the first and I am the last;

Italo-- SMH for JWs.

"Out of context" too? grin
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Emusan:

See the English meaning of 'it'
pronoun
-The third-person singular personal pronoun used to refer to an inanimate object, to an inanimate thing with no or unknown sex or gender.
-The third-person singular personal pronoun used to refer to an animate entity of unknown gender.
[size=14pt]-Used to refer to oneself when identifying oneself, often on the phone, but not limited to this situation.[/size]
-The impersonal pronoun, used without referent as the subject of an impersonal verb or statement. (known as the dummy pronoun or weather it)
-The impersonal pronoun, used as a placeholder for a delayed subject, or less commonly, object. (known as the dummy pronoun)
obsolete relative That which; what.
noun (plural it)
-The person or people who chase and try to catch the other players in the playground game of tag.
(British) The game of tag itself.

So is Holy spirit a person or not?
@bold-It is very clear that these three persons are One.

out of context.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
hisblud: @jman good
Jehovah Witness Mistakes
1. in 1914 - wrong expectation of going to heaven and our understanding that the gentile times ended in was fulfilled.

2. in 1925 - thinking they enterred christ reign.

3. In 1975 - the number to receive heavenly hope should be decreasing not increasing, but the opposite has often been the case.

4. please kindly itemise the initial beliefs before you changed.
5. in 1942 ok

what do you subscribe to?

When you are serious, I will know.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
true2god:
@ loveroftruth, can an inactive force be lied to?

The holy spirit, according to JW, works like electric current, tornadoe, turbine wind, battery etc. So it's not animate but a force (or non living thing) God uses to carry out his actions.
From Act 5: 3-4, Peter asked Ananais and his wife y satan has filled their heart to LIE to the Holy Spirit. So my question now to you is this, if the Holy Spirit is a non-living thing, hw reasonable do u think it can be lied to. Can u lie to electric current, wind, battery etc?

I need u and JMAN05 help explain this verse. Can u lie to an active force?

Enjoy.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989271
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
[quote author=hisblud][/quote]

1. that place never said anything about will.

2. I dont know whether it is kjv that is confusing you or what. it is simply saying that what will be born after the holy spirit's empowerment is ..... what is to be born is not yet out so you can refer to it as a thing. I dont think you read that portion at all.

partly reads;

"...You know it, because it remains in you"

It didnt say, "You know him, because he remains with you". If it was a person, that description will be inappropriate.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
hisblud: beautiful. Jman over to you.

So you really think he has a point? let me pretend I didnt see this poor point until you repeat it again.

After checking and yet you dont see anything, then go back to primary school.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
hisblud: gbam! Jw answer.

enjoy

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
true2god: @ loveroftruth, are JW christians or non-christains? Yes or no, i dont need ur jextaposing and long incoherent post.

enjoy

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/are-jehovahs-witnesses-christians/
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
true2god: It's a very simple question than many JW will refuse to answer straightaway. They will rather take you through long lecture instead of giving u a straight response.

Hisblud, u need ask urself if u r dealing with, or having Bible discussions with, a christian organization. This will form the next step u'll take in ur future discussion. My JW friend made me understand that they are not christians, or part of the christendom. So i need clarification from JMAN05 if he share similar opinion or belief.

follow that link i gave above.

No Jehovah's witness told you that lie in bold. for more about JWs, visit www.jw.org.

Ya, we dont want to be included under christendom with many dicisions and sects that characterise it. True xtians, do not have divisions among them in beliefs or doctrine. that is why we want to stay alone. We believe we have that one true christian religion devoid of divisions. so we stay alone, avoid interfaith etc.

There is one christian faith not faiths. Eph 4:4-5. we do not agree that different contradictory sects in christendom can all be the true christians. so we exornerate ourselves.

I do not want to answer you cos it is insulting to ask such a question to those who believe that Jesus is now ruling as king. and the watchtower is tagged, ANNOUNCING JEHOVAH'S KINGDOM. And the first page inside it states about what the magazine champions, I quote in part, it promotes faith in Jesus Christ, who died so that we might gain everlasting life and who is now ruling as king of God's kingdom."

And we preach the goodnews house to house. who gave such commission? me and you, who should be asking who believe in Jesus and who do not?

that question is so insulting that i chose to ignore it. when i ignore your posts, think about what could have led to that before talking. I wont attain to any question that make no sense.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
italo:

Another dubious 'meaninglessness.'

God has God. Yes.

As Spirit has Spirit.

You ve not updated i see. so the almighty God has a God to whom He requests, serve/ worships and to who He refers to as "my God"?

Italo are you the one saying this?

oh! i see that your God must be inferior to my almighty Jehovah. Because Jehovah has no other God. He is the greatest to whom Jesus, being inferior to Him, refers to Him (Jehovah) as "my God". my God Jehovah cannot call anyone "My God". God forbid!!!!!

That is why your god is different from mine.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Yeah right...just like John the Baptist I the greatest but still human like the rest.

The Father is greater but still God like Jesus.

"I and the Father are one."

Is it Archangel Michael that is one with the Father?

Ya, but that is in righteousness. even if you use that, doesnt that at least show a difference? granted, we are all humans, however, John is greater in righteousness. in trinity, you immediately broke the rule as far as you recognise an iota of greatness over the other. but thanks for acknowledging that.

Now, the greaterness of God is not in that sense. True, God is a spirit and Jesus had the same nature. but the difference is, Jesus worshipped God as we do worship Him, but God almighty doesnt worship Jesus. He sends Jesus on errand and give him commandment, and Jesus stock to it, but Jesus cannot give his Father a commandment. God always give him power to this, authority for that, but he cant give God. Doesnt that show superiority?

Jesus doesnt know when the end will come, but God knows. If he is God, would he not have known?

"I and the father are one" is in unity, just like Paul said that he and apollos are one.

Look at what Jesus said:

John 14:28, 31 KJV
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.[31] But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Doesnt that showcase a superiority?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Why cant you just answer what the Jehovah's Witnesses say the soul is?

You look for the flimsiest excuses to avoid questions.

This one is talking about your current teaching and you're still afraid to answer.

I have already answered it ogaaaaaaa. you have to also think about how your own belief fit in. after all if you say I am wrong, you provide another logical leap.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 12, 2013
italo: God--Is 44:6, 7: I am the first and I am the last;

Italo-- SMH for JWs.

I ve shown the difference btw these two scriptures sir.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by truthislight: 1:22am On Nov 12, 2013
@Italo Italo

italo:

Key questions:

1. Who is coming quickly in verse 12 & 20?

If you had red that the "God of the prophet sends his angel in verse 6 and the bright norning star of the rooth of Devid sends his angel in verse 16, you would not be asking about who is coming in verses 12 and 20 as though they are talking about the same persons. Read it again, but well this time.

Meanwhile, what did you do below here?

What is this your scripture post saying ?

italo:

2. Compare Rev 22:6 And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of thespirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place

i cant reconcile with this your choice of Scripturs o!

Did your post present words that is not the truth ?

Again, what is the message you are passing ?

What i posted, was it not correct ?

Why is your bible referenc saying 'spirit ' instead of the God of the prophets ?

italo:

With Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

And adjuge who is speaking.

I cant see what you are trying to say up there.

Did you actually read my post at all so ? Did you not get the message of that post concerning that John 22

see it again here :

truthislight:

Rev 22:6-13 talked about Yahweh sending his angel, then from verse 16 and 17 talked about Jesus the root of Devid also sending his angel.

see:

"And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. " (Revelation 22:6-13).
..........:..........
That ^ is talking about Yahweh that sends His angel.

After Yahweh sends his Angel, then Jesus sends his angel in subsequent vers 16 below:

"I Jesus have sent mine angel
to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (Revelation 22:16-17).

The almighty is not of the root of David.

Yahweh is not a morning star.

"The lord God of the prophet" is Yahweh.

I dont know why your own verse 6 is suspect.

If we see the truth lets be bold enough to say this is the truth,

Well, enjoy.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 3:21am On Nov 12, 2013
truthislight: @Italo Italo

If you had red that the "God of the prophet sends his angel in verse 6 and the bright norning star of the rooth of Devid sends his angel in verse 16, you would not be asking about who is coming in verses 12 and 20 as though they are talking about the same persons. Read it again, but well this time.

Meanwhile, what did you do below here?

What is this your scripture post saying ?

i cant reconcile with this your choice of Scripturs o!

Did your post present words that is not the truth ?

Again, what is the message you are passing ?

What i posted, was it not correct ?

Why is your bible referenc saying 'spirit ' instead of the God of the prophets ?

I cant see what you are trying to say up there.

Did you actually read my post at all so ? Did you not get the message of that post concerning that John 22

see it again here :

I dont know why your own verse 6 is suspect.

If we see the truth lets be bold enough to say this is the truth,

Well, enjoy.

What I am saying is not that they arent different persons. We who say Jesus is God know that.

What I am saying is that they also the same person. Do you understand that?

That is why Jesus would speak as the Father so many times in scripture.

Look at the passage and tell me when Jesus started speaking. When, according to you, the Father started speaking in v6, John said "and he said to me," indicating either another speaker had taken over from the angel or the angel was giving another set of revelations.

When, according to you, Jesus entered the conversation v16, there is no such thing. John simply goes, "I Jesus." So did Jesus badge in on the Father? Of course not. It is the same person that has been speaking all along. That why he emphasizes it by saying the same things as the Father and as the son all over scripture. That's why I referenced Rev 22:6 and Rev 1:1. They are saying essentially the same thing and its Jesus speaking in Rev 1:1. Then look at the end when John says: "Amen, Lord Jesus, come quickly. Why doesnt he say that to the Father? In fact he did! Jesus is the same as the Father.

Just look at Rev 1:8 too. Jesus is the one making the revelation to John so who speaks in v8. If it is someone other than Jesus, John should have introduced him.

Lastly compare Is 44:6 with Rev 1:17.

What do you see?

(I dont know why your verse 6 is different too)
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 3:37am On Nov 12, 2013
JMAN05:

I ve shown the difference btw these two scriptures sir.

God--Is 44:6, 7: I am the first and I am the last;

I'm not blind.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 4:27am On Nov 12, 2013
Can a Jehovah's Witness please answer this question that Jehovah asks in NWT (Jehovah's Witnesses) Bible?

Isaiah 44:24: “I am Jehovah, who made everything.
I stretched out the heavens by myself,
And I spread out the earth.
Who was with me?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2013
JMAN05:

out of context.
Shed more light.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 7:52am On Nov 12, 2013
JMAN05:

Enjoy.

A watchtower online library is not a reliable source of biblical teachings. They have made wrong predictions and teachings which you also admit as an error on their part. So how will i learn from teachers who will always change their teachings tellin me the light is getting brighter. I need you close the watchtower magazine in your hand and open the Bible and tell me wat u undertan by Peter's statement in Acts 5:3-4.

Or are u also telling me that readin the Bible alone is dangeruos without reference to watchtower magazines or reasoning from the scripture?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / Terrified By Bats: Please Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.