Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Your Motive For Paying Tithe - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Motive For Paying Tithe (10931 Views)

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / What Is Your Motive For Going To Church? / Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Candour(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
Msgamble: Indeed u're confused..d Deu verse u wrote neva say 'eat ur tithe urself' buh to bring ur tithe to 'place He chose to place His name' where if nt Lord temple/church..Yes i typed if ur pastor work buh i said gve ur tithe to other pastor who ministration fully(Num 18:12,Neh 13:12) or orphan n struggling christain(Act 11:29) nt keep it in ur pocket,

You're so much in love with the word 'confused' but I doubt you know what it means. You said if my pastor works I should give to another who needs or to orphans and other struggling Christian.

Is it that you were too confused to see this statement I made earlier?

@the bolded. Thank God for your understanding. Ensure you give to those who truly need it instead of somebody who already has an abundance of resources simply because he's called pastor. Christ treasures giving the least of his brethren than any other thing.

How many times do you give your tithe to a struggling Christian? Or is your pastor that you give it to numbered among the poor in your church?

Deut 14:22-23 that I quoted said you should eat your tithe in the place he chose. How many times do you eat your tithe in your church? I hope you won't display your confusion by equating it to spiritual food.

N.T n Apostle Paul support tithe(Heb 7:5, Luke 18:12, Rom 11:35)..

Heb 7:5 talks of Levites collecting tithes from israelites. Do you know who the Levites were? They were the singers, cleaners, record keepers etc in the temple and they are distinct from priests and have surely not been replaced by your pastors of today.

Luke 18:12
'I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.'

The above was spoken by an evil self righteous Pharisee, is he your role model? If he is your mentor, he sure isn't mine.

Rom 11:35
'Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?'

What has this verse above got to do with tithes? Do you want to magically conjure tithes into that verse? Or you didn't read your bible at all before quoting?

Be sure before giving references next time.

state govt a criminal org? Yet u pay tax for fear of nt going to prison buh nt tithe..thereby fulfiling ceaser's will buh nt God's.. u fear man pass God?

I'm a good citizen so I pay tax. I dont pay tax out of fear. Its an irresponsible citizen that does that. I am a member of the body of Christ so I give to the less endowed members of that body. Whether pastor or gateman. I support the gospel in whatever way possible. I don't belong to Judaism so I don't owe tithe, neither do I pay it.

I am a child of God. I don't live in fear of my God. He's my father and I have no reason to fear. Its only a slave that fears a householder. If you live in fear of God and devourer, its obvious you're an impostor and are not a child of the kingdom. See the verses below and upgrade

Rom 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2Tim 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Msgamble: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
Candour:

You're so much in love with the word 'confused' but I doubt you know what it means. You said if my pastor works I should give to another who needs or to orphans and other struggling Christian.

Is it that you were too confused to see this statement I made earlier?

How many times do you give your tithe to a struggling Christian? Or is your pastor that you give it to numbered among the poor in your church?

Deut 14:22-23 that I quoted said you should eat your tithe in the place he chose. How many times do you eat your tithe in your church? I hope you won't display your confusion by equating it to spiritual food.

Heb 7:5 talks of Levites collecting tithes from israelites. Do you know who the Levites were? They were the singers, cleaners, record keepers etc in the temple and they are distinct from priests and have surely not been replaced by your pastors of today.

Luke 18:12
'I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.'

The above was spoken by an evil self righteous Pharisee, is he your role model? If he is your mentor, he sure isn't mine.

Rom 11:35
'Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?'

What has this verse above got to do with tithes? Do you want to magically conjure tithes into that verse? Or you didn't read your bible at all before quoting?

Be sure before giving references next time.

I'm a good citizen so I pay tax. I dont pay tax out of fear. Its an irresponsible citizen that does that. I am a member of the body of Christ so I give to the less endowed members of that body. Whether pastor or gateman. I support the gospel in whatever way possible. I don't belong to Judaism so I don't owe tithe, neither do I pay it.

I am a child of God. I don't live in fear of my God. He's my father and I have no reason to fear. Its only a slave that fears a householder. If you live in fear of God and devourer, its obvious you're an impostor and are not a child of the kingdom. See the verses below and upgrade

Rom 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2Tim 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Yes, if ur Pastor works, buh there are numerous other Pastor who do ministration fully, who u can pay ur tithe to, poor ppl should b ur last resort (if there is no pastor in ur area) 'for paying tithe or it bcomes Alms' even levites were nt given land buh supported by other tribes thru tithe(Num 18:20, Deu 10:9)..Levite are distinct from Priest? I can't laff, Moses n Aaron are levites(kohath sons) check(Num 2:1-2, n vs 10), do u know Priesthood bcame hereditary for Aaron descendant in sinai @1440-BC (Exo 28:1) they are Sadducces during Christ tym..i pay tax cos am a responsible citizen? Govt u once called criminal org, Since paying tax make u good citizen nt paying tithe make u bad christain -simple logic?..u're nt bound by law? Then read Matt 5:17-20 n u're nt jew yet u read n pray Psalm everyday( is David nt Jew), who are u fooling
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by trustman: 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
Christians must learn to rightly divide the Word of Truth.
Animal sacrifices were AUTHORIZED [/b]in the Old Testament.
How many Christians today will say that it should still be practiced these days?
If the New Testament gives a CLEAR word on an issue is any Christian today at
liberty to cancel it or query it?

I made a post titled - [b]STILL ON TITHING, ETC: THE BOOK OF ACTS GAVE US THE SOLUTION

I recommend reading it.
A number of things need to be borne i mind in looking at the issue of
where Christians stand in relation to the Mosaic law or the Old Testament
in general. A few points:
1. The 21st century Christian is not the first set of the body of Christ.
2. Do we know more of the Christian way of life [/b]than the Apostles did?
3. Did the Apostles give us what we need for [b]the Christian way of life
?
4. What blueprint can we find in the epistles for the Christian way of life?
5. Where the epistles and the Apostles resolved an issue are we at liberty
to still say today that they did not do a good job at it?
6. What does it mean to be under a new Covenant?
7. Is God's system for the CHURCH the same as for Israel or other dispensations?
8. Is the Christian called upon to go back to any ritual or peculiar practice of the old covenant?
I think a sincere look at these few points above should help a DISCERNING believer know where he
should stand in relation to an issue such as tithing.
Heb. 8: 13a - "In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete".

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Candour(m): 5:55am On Nov 21, 2013
Msgamble: Yes, if ur Pastor works, buh there are numerous other Pastor who do ministration fully, who u can pay ur tithe to, poor ppl should b ur last resort (if there is no pastor in ur area) 'for paying tithe or it bcomes Alms' even levites were nt given land buh supported by other tribes thru tithe(Num 18:20, Deu 10:9)..Levite are distinct from Priest? I can't laff, Moses n Aaron are levites(kohath sons) check(Num 2:1-2, n vs 10), do u know Priesthood bcame hereditary for Aaron descendant in sinai @1440-BC (Exo 28:1) they are Sadducces during Christ tym..i pay tax cos am a responsible citizen? Govt u once called criminal org, Since paying tax make u good citizen nt paying tithe make u bad christain -simple logic?..u're nt bound by law? Then read Matt 5:17-20 n u're nt jew yet u read n pray Psalm everyday( is David nt Jew), who are u fooling

Its obvious you and I are singing from different hymn books with vastly different understanding of Christ and the life he died for us to live.

You believe you should pay tithe otherwise God will not bless you and you will spend the money on girls, movies, dstv, arsenal matches etc. You believe giving to the poor is the last resort if you have no pastor to give tithes to (all these can be deduced from your write ups here).

I believe I'm a Christian saved by grace and are not bound by any tithe laws. I believe God has already blessed me the day I became a believer and because he loved me so much to save me, I too will show love to my brethren particularly in supporting the needy among them, whether pastor or layman.

So go ahead with your tithing to your pastors while I continue with my own freewill giving as I see needs arise around me. Each to his own.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Msgamble: 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
@Candour, u're an example to every Christain, we had civil discussion with diff. views buh we 'disagree to agree' free of insult n abuse, infact i credit u..God bless u,bro

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by denzelpraiz(m): 9:03am On Nov 15, 2014
tithing is more than just giving your money ,it also is the attitude with which you give ,as long as you are not a tither dont expect the HEAVENS TO BE OPEN OVER YOU ,malachi 2 v 10,11,12 this is the only place is scriptures God said test me in this and see if.... as long as you dont tithe you open the door to devourers of sickness,and chaos
tithing is a spiritual law and is not declared by a pastor but by God himself
and it doenst have to do with only finances
you tithe the first part of your day in prayer ,the first part of your month and the rest
it is highly important you pay your tithes in honour to God ,if the man of God consumes the tithe let God handle him but you obey and watch God increase you.ive tested tithing and it does work ,God bless you all
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by PastorKun(m): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2014
denzelpraiz:
tithing is more than just giving your money ,it also is the attitude with which you give ,as long as you are not a tither dont expect the HEAVENS TO BE OPEN OVER YOU ,malachi 2 v 10,11,12 this is the only place is scriptures God said test me in this and see if.... as long as you dont tithe you open the door to devourers of sickness,and chaos
tithing is a spiritual law and is not declared by a pastor but by God himself
and it doenst have to do with only finances
you tithe the first part of your day in prayer ,the first part of your month and the rest
it is highly important you pay your tithes in honour to God ,if the man of God consumes the tithe let God handle him but you obey and watch God increase you.ive tested tithing and it does work ,God bless you all

Can you briefly tell us, (with scriptural backing) how God defines his tithes? In other wards kindly quote scriptures for us to show us what the tithe demanded by God consists of.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) / Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.