Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Your Motive For Paying Tithe - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Motive For Paying Tithe (10932 Views)

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / What Is Your Motive For Going To Church? / Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Msgamble: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
Clemzy16: I'm still a student and i don't fancy paying tithes. But if you check my life, i'm better than some people who do.
hw is ur lyf better? If u fail to deduct tithe from ur income 1-way or d other it will b deducted either by ur GF,bar or illness..bware, Abraham,David,Solomon etc all pays tithe even some convert in N.T gave their all(property n blongings) to Apostle for Evangelising(cos Apostle moves from one state to another), common u couldn't give 1/10th, i pity u
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Msgamble: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Clemzy16: I'm still a student and i don't fancy paying tithes. But if you check my life, i'm better than some people who do.
hw xactly is ur lyf better? If u fail to deduct tithe from ur income 1-way or d other it will b deducted either by ur GF,bar or illness..bware, Abraham,David,Solomon etc all pays tithe even some convert in N.T gave their all(property n blongings) to Apostle for Evangelising(cos Apostle moves from one state to another), common u couldn't give 1/10th, i pity u
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by sweetp(f): 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
even people who dont pay at all are giveing reasons.
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by InvertedHammer: 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
tpacalipse: I believed in it and I paid before. Then I stopped believing in it and refused to pay. Guess what? I have never seen any changes in anything. I progress gradually just as it used to be when I was paying. Though I still pay some kinds of money in church these days, even sometimes if what I pay is 10 percent of my income, I will never call it tithe.

As for the motive? Look at it this way; I attend my church every time I have to be there and these are the things I enjoy:
1. The church runs on generator for power all the times, and this cost money.
2. It costs money to get the church premises cleaned all the time.
3. It costs money to maintain a lot of gadgets in the church
4. It costs money to pay salaries to those who work at the church, e.g. the guy who plays the keyboard and the priests.
5. It costs money to do a little charity work.

These are my motives for paying some money at church.

Now, I do not see my God as a money doubler!

Wouldn't it be fair for pastors to state that they need money for all these things instead of
threatening the congregation with hell if they refuse to f.ck over their 10% to the leeches.

Yeah. As if the pastors hold the keys to heaven or hell. Pastors themselves are not even
guaranteed of going to heaven. How in the world do people believe these clowns?
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Sunbellar: 3:18am On Nov 11, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Wouldn't it be fair for pastors to state that they need money for all these things instead of
threatening the congregation with hell if they refuse to f.ck over their 10% to the leeches.

Yeah. As if the pastors hold the keys to heaven or hell. Pastors themselves are not even

Tithing should not be my force! After all Jesus didn't pay tithe to anybody. if it's that important, He would have shown us an example as he condescended to John the Baptist for baptism. Moreover, no apostle gave tithe or anybody in the new testament. Always give generously for God's work for God loves a cheerful giver.

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by ernestuc: 4:51am On Nov 11, 2013
Yea i do pay bt is been long
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 11, 2013
Candour:

Is this the same joe4christ grin

Thank God for you o and may he continually bless and enrich you as you serve him in true liberty of spirit and purpose.

God bless and keep you operating in the light of the truth of his word. Amen

Even me sef shock o.. thank God!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Candour(m): 5:13am On Nov 11, 2013
aManFromMars:

Even me sef shock o.. thank God!!!! grin grin grin

See brother Muskee thanking God with me o grin cheesy

The Lord is indeed good

Wish you the best bro

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by omonnakoda: 5:52am On Nov 11, 2013
J-fast:
When you pay your tithe it unlocks the gates of financial prosperity.
Does that mean that Dangote and Bill gates pay a lot of tithes. Or that the USA pays more tithes than Nigeria.
Financial prosperity has absolutely nothing to do with tithes. That quite frankly is SUPERSTITION nd that is why we remain VERY BACKWARD in Africa. Maybe there are spiritual benefits to paying tithes but certainly there is no FINANCIAL benefit. Rich people do NOT get rich by paying tithes.
They are Rational beings with Plans and discipline. Some are Christian,Muslim etc in Fact most rich people have no time for God or gods so getting rich has nothing to do with tithes.
Finally If there is a God blessing people then I can say with all confidence that God does NOT restrict his blessings to Christians or tithe payers.
The key to riches is Knowledge and Organization whether at the personal,corporate or National level.
Why is NNPC,PHCN former Nigeria airways failing Bad discipline and organization. China is doing very well and can truly be called a godless nation
Pay tithes if you must but it won't make you rich

Finally Tithes in the Bible was never about Cash or Money but Agricultural produce,(in fact cash was DISCOURAGED and only allowed for those who lived too far away) and it is a Jewish concept NOTHING to do with Christianity. The Malachi verse about robbing God is taken out of context. It was addressed not to those paying tithes but to priests who were stealing the tithes.

If you attend a church there is nothing wrong in supporting it financially. In fact you have a duty to do so. What is wrong is when the partor tells you GOD SAYS you should give HIM the pastor 10% of your earnings quoting spuriously from the bible.It is a lie and it is fraudulent
There are two forms of blackmail in Nigerian churches .The promise oof HEAVENLY FAVOURS and PROTECTION from IMAGINARY ENEMIES
It underlines our superstitious and lazy nature. Desiring to get rich by DIVINE GRACE or MIRACLES rather that planning.
In summary churches asking for tithes are scammers and thieves.

I would rather BURN the cash than give it to a pastor

3 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by omonnakoda: 6:06am On Nov 11, 2013
Msgamble: hw is ur lyf better? If u fail to deduct tithe from ur income 1-way or d other it will b deducted either by ur GF,bar or illness..bware, Abraham,David,Solomon etc all pays tithe even some convert in N.T gave their all(property n blongings) to Apostle for Evangelising(cos Apostle moves from one state to another), common u couldn't give 1/10th, i pity u
Abraham paid "TITHE" once in a very specific situation following a war
David and Solomon paid tithes to the JEWISH TEMPLE because they were JEWS under the law.
Under the Law Tithes were paid to Levites. It is important to understand Jewish law. Levites wer in essence part of the "GOVERNMENT" They were not allowed to own or share land like the other 11 tribes when they reached the promised land and they had DUTIES to the public

Today we are talking of paying tithes to people who are not Levites who OWN plenty of property. Christian pastor when it is convenient say they are no longer under THE LAW but remember THE LAW whe it comes to money. THIEVES!!

2 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by omonnakoda: 6:09am On Nov 11, 2013
2 Corinthians 9:7

7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

James 1:27

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

2 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by anonimi: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2013
omonnakoda:

James 1:27

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Thanks for the above passage, which I have added to my favourites list.
It is also noteworthy that James is the brother of Jesus.
Shalom!
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by ajayikayod: 8:50am On Nov 11, 2013
Msgamble: hw xactly is ur lyf better? If u fail to deduct tithe from ur income 1-way or d other it will b deducted either by ur GF,bar or illness..bware, Abraham,David,Solomon etc all pays tithe even some convert in N.T gave their all(property n blongings) to Apostle for Evangelising(cos Apostle moves from one state to another), common u couldn't give 1/10th, i pity u

This is heresy and witchcraft at its peak.

2 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 11, 2013
ajayikayod:

This is heresy and witchcraft at its peak.
And how is it heresy or witchcraft mr.ajayi.You either spend money on ur lust or you spend it to propagate God's kingdom.There is no 2 ways about it.The poster said it based on his understanding of present day realities.Let him be abeg.
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by lastmessenger: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2013
zidex: If you call ur self a true born again child of God living and being directed by de spirit of Christ in you, you won't be asking dis question. Well if you must know tithing is a commandment from God dat with blessings when you pay nd a cause when you don't pay. Tithe belongs to God. It is not urs nd so it is not a seed, offering, or free will donation. Mal.3:8-12 unequivocally stated dat if you don't pay tithe (1/10) of everythin you earn, you are a THIEF or even worse a ROBBER. Remenber all thieves nd robbers have there place in HELL? BE WARNED!! LET THAT HAVE EARS HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS SAYING. Finally it's ur choice to choose blessings or causes. God said "I have set before you this day Life and death, blessings and causes, but choose life so dat thou nd thy seed may live" GOD BLESS YOU ALL
what a thinking.you already know those that will go to hell.i hope you wont faint when you see us that dont believe in tithing walking in the streets of heaven.guy wake up.GOD wants cheerful givers and not fearful givers.
Check out the book on this site.if after reading the book and you choose to stick with your emotions,then am done with you.
www.tekoapublishing.com/books/tithing

2 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by lastmessenger: 9:56am On Nov 11, 2013
InvertedHammer:

i dont think you have to call people clowns just because you dont believe what they believe.everything other thing you wrote is seconded by me.tithing is for those that believe in Judaism and not for christains
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by ivycrest: 10:01am On Nov 11, 2013
Paying Tithe is God's commandment... Don't get it twisted.
even Man of God does.
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 11, 2013
lastmessenger:
tithing is for those that believe in Judaism and not for christains
Very funny and illogical.The Jesus Christ you worship, where did he emanate from
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Candour(m): 10:17am On Nov 11, 2013
Msgamble: hw xactly is ur lyf better? If u fail to deduct tithe from ur income 1-way or d other it will b deducted either by ur GF,bar or illness..bware, Abraham,David,Solomon etc all pays tithe even some convert in N.T gave their all(property n blongings) to Apostle for Evangelising(cos Apostle moves from one state to another), common u couldn't give 1/10th, i pity u

My bro, obviously these devourers you listed above dey fear people like me I believe for reasons below

I don't keep GF's; God blessed me with a very beautiful and intelligent wife who is like an angel

My wife is very fruitful in every sense of the word.

I don't fall sick despite the fact that I'm a field engineer unlike when I was tithing and working in the bank. Used to take painkillers practically everyday, malaria therapy practically every forthnite, Cattarh regularly. Now sound health is like an entitlement.

My colleague on the other hand who is a tither and 'seed sower' sleeps with call girls whenever we come to the field, suffers from high BP for which our company spends dearly to manage for him etc.

Even those disciples who gave all in acts suffered untold deprivations, hunger and persecution afterwards necessitating gentile Christians to make contributions for them. They gave out of love; not to chase 'devourers'

My bro, tithing has no effect on all those things you listed. Discipline will keep you away from womanising and favour of God keep you from lack.

God bless you

5 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by ajayikayod: 11:02am On Nov 11, 2013
Bidam: And how is it heresy or witchcraft mr.ajayi.You either spend money on ur lust or you spend it to propagate God's kingdom.There is no 2 ways about it.The poster said it based on his understanding of present day realities.Let him be abeg.

Bro, can u check wat he (Msgamble) wrote again as i quoted it below

Msgamble::
hw xactly is ur lyf better? If u fail to deduct tithe from ur income 1-way or d other it will b deducted either by ur GF,bar or illness..bware, Abraham,David,Solomon etc all pays tithe even some convert in N.T gave their all(property n blongings) to Apostle for Evangelising(cos Apostle moves from one state to another), common u couldn't give 1/10th, i pity u

Pls, i want u (@Bidam) to reply me. Are so saying u r in agreement wit wat he wrote? Dt ds is a present day reality of God's people?

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by mimicue(f): 11:18am On Nov 11, 2013
Paying tithing is a sacred privilege. When we pay tithing we show gratitude for all that God has given us and return to Him a portion of what we have received
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Candour(m): 11:21am On Nov 11, 2013
mimicue: Paying tithing is a sacred privilege. When we pay tithing we show gratitude for all that God has given us and return to Him a portion of what we have received

Dear sis, any bible verse to support the above assertion?

2 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 11, 2013
ajayikayod:

Pls, i want u (@Bidam) to reply me. Are so saying u r in agreement wit wat he wrote? Dt ds is a present day reality of God's people?

ajayikayod:

This shouldn't be an arguement thread as stipulated by the OP and you 're making it so,another disobedience of rules.

We can discuss it in so many of the tithe threads "your friends" have opened,posted and argued on.
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by omonnakoda: 11:34am On Nov 11, 2013
zidex: If you call ur self a true born again child of God living and being directed by de spirit of Christ in you, you won't be asking dis question. Well if you must know tithing is a commandment from God dat with blessings when you pay nd a cause when you don't pay. Tithe belongs to God. It is not urs nd so it is not a seed, offering, or free will donation. Mal.3:8-12 unequivocally stated dat if you don't pay tithe (1/10) of everythin you earn, you are a THIEF or even worse a ROBBER. Remenber all thieves nd robbers have there place in HELL? BE WARNED!! LET THAT HAVE EARS HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS SAYING. Finally it's ur choice to choose blessings or causes. God said "I have set before you this day Life and death, blessings and causes, but choose life so dat thou nd thy seed may live" GOD BLESS YOU ALL
But this is a misinterpretation at best or a BIG FAT LIE. MALACHI says no such thing and for you to come and say it says so UNEQUIVOCALLY is FUNNY.

Malachi is addressing the PRIESTS who were DIVERTING TITHES TO PERSONAL USE, STUDY THE BOOK WELL

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by mimicue(f): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2013
Candour:

Dear sis, any bible verse to support the above assertion?

Malachi 3:8-10 (blessings promised to those who pay tithe)
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by FMK(m): 11:42am On Nov 11, 2013
in OT the tithe idea from God appeared when they got out of the egypt and room to a new land. during the journey, the israel people had to worship and serve God and there was some task reserved only for some chosen persons and not doing other personal onr individual job, out of temple Job. those persons especially are from levi family there were musicians ancients etc... serving the temple, they have no time to exercise their personal job to earn their lives because they were chosen to the temple service, so God gave an order to all people to give the ten part of their revenue to support those people working in the temple. from their appeared the idea of tithe
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Candour(m): 11:44am On Nov 11, 2013
mimicue:

Malachi 3:8-10 (blessings promised to those who pay tithe)

But sis, see what you wrote earlier. Mal 3:8-10 says nothing about what you wrote below.

mimicue: Paying tithing is a sacred privilege. When we pay tithing we show gratitude for all that God has given us and return to Him a portion of what we have received

Kindly show any verse in scriptures that supports all you wrote in that quote.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by ajayikayod: 11:48am On Nov 11, 2013
Bidam:

This shouldn't be an arguement thread as stipulated by the OP and you 're making it so,another disobedience of rules.

We can discuss it in so many of the tithe threads "your friends" have opened,posted and argued on.

Ds is not an arguement clearly. I just want to to attest dt u support wat d Op said. I came out clearly dt it is heresy and witchcraft, wat is ur stand? When dt is clear, then i can know wat to do next.

On ur disobeying d rules! I think it ll b a great idea for u to become an Admin. At least u ll hav all privilegde to delete, block or ban me from NL but till then let d admins do thr work and correct, u enjoy being an ordinary member. Tanx.
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by omonnakoda: 11:51am On Nov 11, 2013
FMK: in OT the tithe idea from God appeared when they got out of the egypt and room to a new land. during the journey, the israel people had to worship and serve God and there was some task reserved only for some chosen persons and not doing other personal onr individual job, out of temple Job. those persons especially are from levi family there were musicians ancients etc... serving the temple, they have no time to exercise their personal job to earn their lives because they were chosen to the temple service, so God gave an order to all people to give the ten part of their revenue to support those people working in the temple. from their appeared the idea of tithe

God gave an order to ALL PEOPLE Really? Please share the scripture where God did this

Did God specify "REVENUE" or something else

Tithing clearly refers to agricultural produce whose purpose is for FEEDING the LEVITE priests and the POOR.
LEVITE Priests had no land and could not farm

Deutoronomy Chapter 14
27. And [as for] the Levite who is in your cities you shall not forsake him, for he has neither portion nor inheritance with you.
28. At the end of three years, you shall take out all the tithe of your crop in that year and place it in your cities.
29. And the Levite because he has no portion or inheritance with you and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are in your cities, will come and eat and be satisfied; so that the Lord, your God, will bless you in all the work of your hand that you will do

The key word is CROP not REVENUE. Soldiers,Srcibes and those that did not till the land did not pay
The purpose of tithes is clear. FEEDING those that could not feed themselves. NOT building Universities and buying JETS
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 11, 2013
ajayikayod:

Ds is not an arguement clearly. I just want to to attest dt u support wat d Op said. I came out clearly dt it is heresy and witchcraft, wat is ur stand? When dt is clear, then i can know wat to do next.

On ur disobeying d rules! I think it ll b a great idea for u to become an Admin. At least u ll hav all privilegde to delete, block or ban me from NL but till then let d admins do thr work and correct, u enjoy being an ordinary member. Tanx.
Am not the ones who made the rules.I can understand your sarcasm.But it is too bad,you and other posters did not post on the topic at hand. And i still maintain my stand on rules of the forum.Thanks.cheesy
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by ajayikayod: 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Bidam: Am not the ones who made the rules.I can understand your sarcasm.But it is too bad,you and other posters did not post on the topic at hand. And i still maintain my stand on rules of the forum.Thanks.cheesy

Why is it hard for u to hav a stand on sometin as critical as ds to Christian Faith? U r talking about rules rules. Do u preach such witchcraft doctrine too. Bro, i will b disappointed in u o.

I really want to kno ur stand witout assuming because i find it hard to believe u support such [size=14pt]simony[/size]
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by PastorKun(m): 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
Candour:

But sis, see what you wrote earlier. Mal 3:8-10 says nothing about what you wrote below.

Kindly show any verse in scriptures that supports all you wrote in that quote.

Thanks

And whilst she is at it, it would also be nice she shows us scriptures that defines the tithes required by God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) / Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.