Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators (10755 Views)

Economic Crisis: Five Banks’ Profit Drop By N54bn / Custom Boss Lifts Ban On Rice Import / Solar Power As A Solution To The Power Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by grafikdon: 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2008
Slice it, dice it. . . heck put ogiri and ukpaka on it and it will remain what it is; a hunk of cow shit. . . that's what I call that 'Smart' idea. Naija go give person cardiac arrest on top of the already rampaging stomach ulcer. . . cry cry
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by lailai2(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2008
its actually a good ides if they really put it into effect

on the other hand,my generator is as silent as silence, loll
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by gongoaso1: 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2008
ok, double or triple chief smart, how about proposing a ban due to noise pollution from gen sets. taking it from that angle, I bet he'll recieve fewer bashings grin cheesy grin

nb
can someone find a way of making triple chief smart read this thread
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by dreday(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2008
I have only one word for the senator.
STUPID.

PHCN NEVER strikes them in their quarters and he wants other pple 2 suffer
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2008
If you grew up in Nigeria, you would remember that it was never always this way. Back when NEPA still meant something, you barely heard generator noises, not even from banks. But as Nepa deteriorated, people had to turn to alternatives and generator importers came to their rescue. Unless government is proposing replacing those generators with solar panels and quite machines for free, I am not sure he will have the ear of the Nigerian people(at least I hope not).
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by auntybinta: 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2008
I think it's sensible, because he's not saying cut everybody's gens right now. He's saying set a time(in 2 yrs), and get your NEPA working before then! Things that usually cause change sometimes sound outrageous.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2008
Ban generators, haba that bad, all this affect the common man at the end. think of the common man who relys regularly on Nepa, now has to use a generator, now a ban on generator wants to made. i bet he has a solar power system in his house for him to say something like that.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2008
smart idea senator but its unrealistic in noting the uniqueness of our situation
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by auntybinta: 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2008
I don't understand, "smart idea senator but its unrealistic in noting the uniqueness of our situation"
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by seyibrown(f): 11:52pm On Jul 15, 2008
Is this 'senator' from another planet?

How Nigerians go manage without generators?

The whole nation will come to a standstill!

Why doesn't he fix PHCN first and see if people will not stop using their generators. Does he think we really want the expense of fuel and generators in the first place?

How did people like this 'senator' get there in the first place? Common sense, the 'senator' no even get!

Can this 'senile senator' stay 24 hours without air conditioning? He wants to take standing and ceiling fans away from the poor people!
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by lucabrasi(m): 11:53pm On Jul 15, 2008
pc guru:

Ban generators, haba that bad, all this affect the common man at the end. think of the common man who relys regularly on Nepa, now has to use a generator, now a ban on generator wants to made. i bet he has a solar power system in his house for him to say something like that.
common now,which generator?how many poor nigerian can afford to use a generator in their residence?most of the average nigerian buy these small 10,000 naira generator and they only use it for business,anyone in nigeria that uses a generator in their residence are a cut above average,and if the rich dont feel it and know the poor man feels,then the power sector wont be an emergency in action but in name.
@topic
some ppl just talk or post comments for the sake of it and dont attach any reasoning to it,they keep on abusing the senator while some dont even understand either head nor tail of what the man said but because he s a senator then he s automatically a thief and talking thrash,no wonder nigeria is still backward,we dont want to suffer the side effects but we want to have 24hrs electricity overnight,we dont want to protest for our right and we are ok with collecting money from politicians yet we complain about bad governance,if people disagree with senator smart,he will still go back to his beautiful house in abuja,make his millions and buy the best generator  so the power situation is not affecting him at all
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by BluMalam(m): 12:55am On Jul 16, 2008
No pain, No gain

If these are the words of it's citizens, Nigeria is a failed state

Why not try to be positive in thought, this Senator, so far, is the only person that has proposed a plan of action 4 d proposed "state of emergency" in the power sector. He could as well be indifferent and enjoy his heavy duty generator with diesel paid by d government, or hop on the next flight to his Chateau in France.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Kriskento(m): 1:15am On Jul 16, 2008
i pity those that are in support of the ban on Generators.   We go really suffer die.  do u know how many people and companies that depend largely on generators?  picture this---  CyberCafes cant operate. restaurants operate, cold rooms cant operate, barbers cant operate, business centres cant operate, welders cant operate, telecommunication companies sef no go operate. that means no calls, no communication. even hospitals and gas stations cant operate. these are the few i can mention.  total black out.  high death rate and gross sickness.  mosquito go kill every body.  Men that will be the end of the world for nigerians. so who ever thought of that should just keep it to himself.  because me i no dey. i go just run go ghana or benin.  rubbish.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Jul 16, 2008
Kriskento:

i pity those that are in support of the ban on Generators.   We go really suffer die.  do u know how many people and companies that depend largely on generators?  picture this---  CyberCafes can't operate. restaurants operate, cold rooms can't operate, barbers can't operate, business centres can't operate, welders can't operate, telecommunication companies sef no go operate. that means no calls, no communication. even hospitals and gas stations can't operate. these are the few i can mention.  total black out.  high death rate and gross sickness.  mosquito go kill every body.  Men that will be the end of the world for nigerians. so who ever thought of that should just keep it to himself.  because me i no dey. i go just run go ghana or benin.  rubbish.

I think this thread practically paints a good picture of why Nigeria continues to remain on the same path as it has for years. We have those who choose to see this as is. And then we have those who are willing to INSERT ANY EXCUSE they can into what the man said, to produce a better picture for them to swallow and essentially sell to those who they tag as not being "POSITIVE" enough. It sort of explains the reason why we keep going around in circles; why we continue to be treated like stupid animals, and why change may be a long ways away.

I say their voting rights be revoked until they are proven mentally capable of processing information as is. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Ovamboland(m): 3:27am On Jul 16, 2008
In addition, without deep thinking or aota of proof, we have helped goverment to repeat the mantra of big men sabotaging the power sector which is obviously an illegal thing.

But am not aware the goverment has arrested any big man involved in this dastardly act inspite of the fact they control SSS ( abi make we disband them), police, DMI, Roger's hit squad etc yet no big time generator importer cum PHCN installations saboteur has been fingered, investigated, accused or arrested not to talk of prosecuted.

Are you sure goverment is not selling us 'dodo' abi 'dun-dun' for their ineptitude or inability to see the linkage in efficient power supply to economic recovery and growth.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 16, 2008
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators
« #140 on: Today at 01:15:46 AM »

i pity those that are in support of the ban on Generators. We go really suffer die.
i surely wont suffer with you.already i 've bought mea lot of candles for the darker days.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by grafikdon: 4:27am On Jul 16, 2008
Lucabrassi, u sure say this man no be your uncle/brother/insert appropriate relative. . . because the way you are spraying air freshener in a room polluted by his fart, telling us that if we take our hands off our noses, we'll smell the aromatic air freshener instead of the putrid fart. . .  but we know better than that because that 'Smart' fart is just one sniff, seven die. . . grin grin  I mean this ban issue is ridiculous. . . even a delirious mind is incapable of conjuring such morbid  concept. Why are we discussing this nonsense? The word 'ban' should not be anywhere near the list of solutions to our power crisis.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by debosky(m): 4:36am On Jul 16, 2008
lucabrasi:

some people just talk or post comments for the sake of it and don't attach any reasoning to it,they keep on abusing the senator while some don't even understand either head nor tail of what the man said but because he s a senator then he s automatically a thief and talking thrash,no wonder nigeria is still backward,we don't want to suffer the side effects but we want to have 24hrs electricity overnight,we don't want to protest for our right and we are ok with collecting money from politicians yet we complain about bad governance,if people disagree with senator smart,he will still go back to his beautiful house in abuja,make his millions and buy the best generator so the power situation is not affecting him at all

you said it all; that is why he will make such a stupid statment that banning generators will make us 'pray' that the emergency works. If he was on Yar'adua's case looking at why gas pipelines have not been built or forcing the ministry of power to build power plants, then I would feel he cares. Its just like the idiotic suggestion by a former transport minister that bicycles were the solution to transportation problems. Stupid and poorly thought out suggestions.

Go and deal with the real power situation rather than chasing generators. Side effects my foot - what are we suffering today with people spending their hard earned income servicing generators so they can have some semblance of normalcy? Overhead effects?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 16, 2008
@ debosky. taking it personal?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 16, 2008
One of the many foolish and shameless Nigerians on the loose. grin
Smart my foot.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 4:55am On Jul 16, 2008
think he's gotten the publicity he badly needed.his profile was on the downward spiral
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by grafikdon: 5:14am On Jul 16, 2008
The 18 people who voted for the ban on this thread deserve to be tied to banana tree and butt flogged with bulala dipped in a bowl of red hot chilli pepper. . . this so painful, some people honestly believe there is SOMETHING worthy in this situation  cry cry cry
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Jul 16, 2008
Even scarrier is the thought that these same people get to vote in the next election. LMAO!!! Most of us will walk away wondering how come we keep getting the same old people without realizing that the people that keep bringing them back are right there in our midst. ROLFMAO!!!

There are some in here who already believe Yar adua needs and deserves a second term in office and are ready to vote to have that happen. ROFLMAO!!!

Are we absolutely sure that elections are not free and fair in Nigeria?? Cause the more I think of it, the more I am convinced that those "phantom" votes may be real; actual votes by Nigerians out there who are convinced these men mean well.  ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by RichyBlacK(m): 6:13am On Jul 16, 2008
If dem ban generator, nothing go happen!

Nigerians are notoriously timid (inside Nigeria - dem power plenty for yonda) and would do nothing if generators are banned.

NEPA take light for months but dem still dey pay bill to the idiotic NEPA.

Abami Eda don talk am finish - "Suffering and Smiling".
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by dgr8truth(m): 6:26am On Jul 16, 2008
I begin to wonder why some Nigerians don't have faith that this will help the power sector of this country. There is nothing wrong in trying. It's true some many things have been banned in the past which offer no succour for the poor man except for the rich but that doesn't mean we should not keep on trying when the right people are there. let just this ban a try, it will help alto. I think it raise the our consciousness to the present realization that we can afford power in this country and something drastically should be done to put this devil behind us.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by SkyBlue1: 6:30am On Jul 16, 2008
dgr8truth:

I begin to wonder why some Nigerians don't have faith that this will help the power sector of this country. There is nothing wrong in trying. It's true some many things have been banned in the past which offer no succour for the poor man except for the rich but that doesn't mean we should not keep on trying when the right people are there. let just this ban a try, it will help alto. I think it raise the our consciousness to the present realization that we can afford power in this country and something drastically should be done to put this devil behind us.
LOL, exactly how would this help cause i still fail to see this? Abeg, i don't have the energy for this so early in the morning.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by jerky1805: 7:34am On Jul 16, 2008
The real question is this-
Does the country need a ban on Alternative Power Supply before the Country Resolves the embarrasing state of PHCN?,
Ban MTN, Celtel,Glo and Co then Becos NITEL is moribund
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by oolumide: 8:45am On Jul 16, 2008
How does this statement make sense. The senator is just an inch from going bananas. What is the relationship between Yah adua willingness and ability to carry out his promise to declare emergency in the energy sector and generator importation. Will the cabal hold to his throat with knife so as not to perform. How can someone say it is only the rich that make use of generator in Nigeria. Cant you see that from Barbers to washerman they all by generator popularly called " I pass my neighbour". What will happen to all business concern for the next few years that the government so called emergency declaration will work out. Nigerian Govt likes the easy way out of problems, in Egypt when Caterpillar could not sell its generator because there is constant power supply, the Almonsor group found solace in Nigeria and bought heavily into tractor and equipment. It is a natural order if there is no need there wouldn't be demand. So eliminate need through power supply and demand will crash thereby making the venture a needless one.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by oolumide: 8:55am On Jul 16, 2008
I think this thread practically paints a good picture of why Nigeria continues to remain on the same path as it has for years. We have those who choose to see this as is. And then we have those who are willing to INSERT ANY EXCUSE they can into what the man said, to produce a better picture for them to swallow and essentially sell to those who they tag as not being "POSITIVE" enough. It sort of explains the reason why we keep going around in circles; why we continue to be treated like stupid animals, and why change may be a long ways away.

Above writer is just ranting, you are running away from reality by not checking out far reaching effect of banning generator in our economy, it seems you are not aware that Nigerian economy largely depend on individual self generation of power. After the ban and you get to a bank you cant make withdrawals your eyes will become clear to reality.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by faoni572(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2008
@Kobojunkie
What I mean is that the ban can work for other country but not nigeria

Any reasonable Man should conclude that if the Government is serious with the Emergency by 2 years we should have at least 80% looking up to 100
Have they ever been serious before?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 16, 2008
hmmm

all these nigerians supporting the ban - are you saying that the only place where people should post to nairaland from is the office?(no where else will have access to 'non industrailized' power). are you ready to embrace darkness and heat, spoiled food, and reading by candlelight as your sole form of entertainment?

do you have any idea how many busineses will collapse if this rdidiculos, stupid, dumb, retarded idea by a fool who would be a dog catcher or janitor in a civilised society has put forth?

cyber cafes, barbershops, mamputs, small offices, pure water businesses, hospitals

90% of us are working at 20% efficiency because of PHCN. i make a commitment to do my laundry, ironing, and a private practice job over the weekend - and theres only light for 2 hours out of 48. that was my life before i bought a generator. imagine jumping up at 1am when PHCN releases power , to fill up the washing machine, pour in the detergent, dump the clothes, only to have PHXN withol the power 3 minutes later angry

anyway , i said it  once a long time ago - for nigeria to truly work - we need a bill in which no serving official has access to foreign/private  medical care, generators, private schools for his children, or convoys. unless the retarded self styled emperors  in public office are made to experience the same things as the average citizen, they will continue to prance in public without their clothes
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by outlaws(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2008
cool

Most Nigerian politicians are stupid. I am guessing that they have solved all the problems in Nigeria to talk about some stupid shit like generators.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Profitable Business Can I Invest 3 Million Naira Into??? / Principle And Machine For Making Commercial Yogurt / Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.