Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators (10753 Views)

Economic Crisis: Five Banks’ Profit Drop By N54bn / Custom Boss Lifts Ban On Rice Import / Solar Power As A Solution To The Power Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by debosky(m): 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2008
@ luca

so he is doing us a favor by coming up with a ridiculous suggestion? Is that the best he can come up with? A ban on generators? There is no smart (no pun intended) alternative he could think of?

No one is blaming him for speaking up, but he is saying the WRONG THINGS - why not begin to put the pressure on Yar'adua and ask why nothing has happened with the power emergency? Why not focus on compelling Shell and the others to supply dry gas so that Ebgin and Geregu and Papalanto work efficiently? Why not advocate for plans that will SOLVE the problem instead of a tangential approach by banning generators? Why not use his influence to get other Senators on board and make demands from the government for action to begin?

Is it ONLY by taking away generators that you can get these rich folk to do anything? Wouldn't they have more money to spend on other things? Even rich men want more spending money, generator use is a hassle to EVERYBODY, even to those who can afford it.

Clothes were banned - a governor's wife imported the same and got away with it - they will STILL get away with it this time and it will not work. Siren use was banned, even Baales and Chiefs of towns with populations of 2000 still use them.

The best thing to do is to make reasonable, workable suggestions that will cause change - attack the real issue - building, maintenance and fueling of power infrastructure. Not to suggest something that cannot be enforced in any shape or guise on the rich, except for the poor artisans out there who will suffer when they can't pay the bribe.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by grafikdon: 3:32pm On Jul 16, 2008
@ Lucrabrasi, let's say you are not spraying air freshener on the 'Smart' fart, but you sure are telling us that the elephant that trampled our farm before our very eyes is just a cat fish. This is exactly what I think you're doing. . . grin
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by lucabrasi(m): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2008
bluehorizo:

1. Are you a politician? Even if you are,would you have suggested that generators should be banned even if the power sector is stable?

2. Which sane man will go for a generator if the power sector is stable?

3. Gani Fawehinmi would never have made that ridiculous suggestion. He is learned and not an Agbero Senator.

4. What has being a Senator or politician got to do with this issue? He made a ridiculous,senseless and the most stupid suggestion of the millennium and we are no fools or stupid to see what good can come out of such a suggestion. Let's call a spade a spade.
1)the question of baning or not generators wouldnt have come up then would it?and no im nt a politician

2)exactly neither will the senator make the statement if the power sector was stable

3)hmm i see,so its about him being an agbero senator rather than his actual statement

4)well i didnt get the last question but i have explained what i think the man meant in my other replies,and seeing it as a sensless,stupid and yada yada yada  yada yada, suggestion is entirely your opinion,im calling a spade a spade and i believe no pain no gain and we need everything that wil lput the power issue on the front burner and also propel a knock on effect from the influential suffering like the common man/woman and putting pressure on the powers that be
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by bluehorizo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2008
Luca don't worry when next you go to your hometown and their is no light pls don't turn on your genrator in solidarity with the most "sensible" Senator. Ohh ic, Senator Smart is from Osun State. Now i can sense some thing.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by aganiyyi(m): 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2008
I don't know why everything that is right, that we Nigerian go against, the issue is very important and we should not make any jest of it. I am very much in the support of ban on the use of GENERATORS in Nigeria, though I will want to say that the industrial generator should be allow before the realisation of our energy solution. Those in the business of generator should be give change to convert to energy generating companies.

I will also include that if the intellectuals in our financial institution are to support the struggle to find a solution to this energy crisis and use some of their redondant fund in this crusade we might be on the way to find solution to this problem.

Pls. make your contribution with a focus mind.

Abdul
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by babakuns: 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2008
ban all the authority idiots and thieves first, then ELECTRCITY(POWER)will be stable you can now ban the use of generators and their importations
THANKS cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by lucabrasi(m): 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2008
debosky:

@ luca

so he is doing us a favor by coming up with a ridiculous suggestion? Is that the best he can come up with? A ban on generators? There is no smart (no pun intended) alternative he could think of?

No one is blaming him for speaking up, but he is saying the WRONG THINGS - why not begin to put the pressure on Yar'adua and ask why nothing has happened with the power emergency? Why not focus on compelling Shell and the others to supply dry gas so that Ebgin and Geregu and Papalanto work efficiently? Why not advocate for plans that will SOLVE the problem instead of a tangential approach by banning generators? Why not use his influence to get other Senators on board and make demands from the government for action to begin?

well again its your opinion but i disagree,as for saying the wrong thing i disagree again,the man is not even involved in this discussion and i only read his statement and i totally get what he s saying,i have given the reasons continually why i think its not a wrong move

i wont for the sake of argument say that he is putting pressure on yar adua,but ill say that neither you or i know if he is putting pressure on yar adua,again what can a senator or even the whole senator do in influencing yar adua apart from talking ,remember its not part of their legislative duties,the power emergency is yar adua and his cabinet's responsibility and statements like this from smart is even digging it out back in the news,check the newspapers the past month and you ll realise the government has been steadily pushing it to the back burner,knowing nigeria thats where it ll be after all obj said all sorts without anything being done untill we learnt of the 16 billion scandal.

you are right but when there isnt enough pressure from multiple quarters like smart is advocating for,how will you make the government do so?remember smart's vote is just a single one in the upper house and do you really see him or even the whole of the legislative being able to wield that kind of power?
were they not their powerless when obj divided up  16 billion dollars?how many senators were brought to book for aiding and abetting?none because the presidency didnt need them for that,neither do they have any power to compell the president,even the budget imbroglio is still not fully sortd out with the ministers still raising memos for a supplementary budget which is like a single minister stepping to the whole senate tho he denied later,but thats to give n idea of the power the presidency wields
debosky:

@ luca

Is it ONLY by taking away generators that you can get these rich folk to do anything? Wouldn't they have more money to spend on other things? Even rich men want more spending money, generator use is a hassle to EVERYBODY, even to those who can afford it.

Clothes were banned - a governor's wife imported the same and got away with it - they will STILL get away with it this time and it will not work. Siren use was banned, even Baales and Chiefs of towns with populations of 2000 still use them.

The best thing to do is to make reasonable, workable suggestions that will cause change - attack the real issue - building, maintenance and fueling of power infrastructure. Not to suggest something that cannot be enforced in any shape or guise on the rich, except for the poor artisans out there who will suffer when they can't pay the bribe.
its not the only way to make the rich do something ,but other ways like dialogue,protest e.t.c has been tried and failed arent we all nigerians and witnessed it all?they will have money to spend on other things but the perculiar thing about the power issue is that once the rich start feeling the pinch,they will take it serious,it works everytime,everywhere and in any country, hmmm maybe you r on about the noisy generator a silent sound proof remote controlled generator wont affect the rich man using it trust me,i have seen it

that is why i said banning clothes,cars,and all that isnt something that will readily affect the rich as much,also,generators cant be smuggled and hidden like generators, mentaly picture a 25kva generator and its size and think of smuggling it into nigeria and then think of using it without people knowing, it wont be possib;e

both smart ,the other senators,he average nigerian and im guessing the most people on here know what the real issues are,the will to sort it out by the presidency is the problem,and rather than the influential being patriotic they dont seem to readily care because they have a sure alternative, i think you should google sound proof remote controlled generators and see how it works then you will appreciate that even if theres no nepa for 2million years,if you can afford it and the diesel to run it and especially if your benefiting from the chaos you wont care that much
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by lucabrasi(m): 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2008
bluehorizo:

Luca don't worry when next you go to your hometown and their is no light please don't turn on your genrator in solidarity with the most "sensible" Senator. Ohh ic, Senator Smart is from Osun State. Now i can sense some thing.
the man just made a suggestion o,no one in government is paying attention to it because it will be counter productive to them and their interests,besides even if they decide to take it on board of course they wont approve or promulgate it exactly word for word,there will be adjustments,im not saying he is the most sensible senator but that is the onley option we have heard from them,if another one of them comes out tmorrow and makes a more sensible statement,of course ill bin smart's suggestion,dont sense anything o,i dont know where he is from or who he is o,im only going by what i read on here and nowhere else
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by grafikdon: 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2008
A father gets his salary and pockets every penny, leaving his son to starve. When the child discovers the nutritious mud pie, he stops asking the father for food. . . all of a sudden this blockhead father decides to blockade his son's source of nutrition (mud pie) without any plan to put real food on the table. . .

There you have it.  tongue

Nigeria Jaga jaga. . .
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by f6(m): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2008
Guys, it's what we all wish for that the electricity sector stabilizes and power supply becomes constant, thats what we all want, if you get steady electricity supply, you not gona wana turn on the generators when you'v got LIGHT!! that would be in insane my brothers

Seriously, the whole idea of banning the use of generators shouldn't even arise in the first place, it's just completely pointless, it's not like we even manufacture them enough in nigeria to reach out to even the poor villages were there ain't even electric poles,

Don't forget, the industrial sector would still require the services of generators whether electricity is constant or not, to prevent there production processes from been disrupted atall, realistically, naija just needs to sort out the whole power sector first and when it becomes reliable, then we can start talking bout ways to tackle noise pollution and all, it's step by step , but banning the use of generators or importation, please just stop it man,
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Backslider(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2008
I support this Senator 1million percent

The middle and upper class dont care if Nigeria does not have one volt of electricity as Long

1) They have generators come into nigeria at cheap prices
2) They have Cheap fuel

The millions of the lower class can rot in darkness for all they care.

Some even say that if you solve the power crises how will alot of people that have ordered for generator and have generator in stock with with their stock.

Some argue over millions of generator owner will no longer need their generators where will they put thier generators.

Majority of us that write on Nairaland have means to get Gen set but we must look at the big picture.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by eudio(f): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2008
ban wetin? generator? abeg no make me laugh grin

dem succeed make i fly, no bi 4 naija?

take another gist
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by codedguy1(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2008
lucabrasi:

well again its your opinion but i disagree,as for saying the wrong thing i disagree again,the man is not even involved in this discussion and i only read his statement and i totally get what he s saying,i have given the reasons continually why i think its not a wrong move

i wont for the sake of argument say that he is putting pressure on yar adua,but ill say that neither you or i know if he is putting pressure on yar adua,again what can a senator or even the whole senator do in influencing yar adua apart from talking ,remember its not part of their legislative duties,the power emergency is yar adua and his cabinet's responsibility and statements like this from smart is even[b] digging it out back in the news[/b],check the newspapers the past month and you ll realise the government has been steadily pushing it to the back burner,knowing nigeria thats where it ll be after all obj said all sorts without anything being done untill we learnt of the 16 billion scandal.

you are right but when there isnt enough pressure from multiple quarters like smart is advocating for,how will you make the government do so?remember smart's vote is just a single one in the upper house and do you really see him or even the whole of the legislative being able to wield that kind of power?
were they not their powerless when obj divided up  16 billion dollars?how many senators were brought to book for aiding and abetting?none because the presidency didnt need them for that,neither do they have any power to compell the president,even the budget imbroglio is still not fully sortd out with the ministers still raising memos for a supplementary budget which is like a single minister stepping to the whole senate tho he denied later,but thats to give n idea of the power the presidency wieldsits not the only way to make the rich do something ,but other ways like dialogue,protest e.t.c has been tried and failed arent we all nigerians and witnessed it all?they will have money to spend on other things but the perculiar thing about the power issue is that once the rich start feeling the pinch,they will take it serious,it works everytime,everywhere and in any country, hmmm maybe you r on about the noisy generator a silent sound proof remote controlled generator wont affect the rich man using it trust me,i have seen it
that is why i said banning clothes,cars,and all that isnt something that will readily affect the rich as much,also,generators can't be smuggled and hidden like generators, mentaly picture a 25kva generator and its size and think of smuggling it into nigeria and then think of using it without people knowing, it wont be possib;e

both smart ,the other senators,he average nigerian and im guessing the most people on here know what the real issues are,the will to sort it out by the presidency is the problem,and rather than the influential being patriotic they don't seem to readily care because they have a sure alternative, i think you should google sound proof remote controlled generators and see how it works then you will appreciate that even if theres no nepa for 2million years,if you can afford it and the diesel to run it and especially if your benefiting from the chaos you wont care that much

!, its not only his opinion, look at the voting stats

2, Who is in this country doesn't know that the power problem is one of the main causes of hardship, he is not tellin us anything new or doing us a favour by digging it out back in the news

3, Let the govt both 'smart' and all of them pretend that they need some sort of pressure before they attend to the power issue. They dont need pressure to allocate allowances for their maintainance as senetors.

U never hear say a whole ship disappear, na generator u think say dem no fit smuggle. ma open ya eye well, na 9ja be dis o!

its avery stupid idea to want to ban generators, its the will power to act that is the problem not the banning of generators. if they have a will power to solve the power problem they will albeit, ignoring the use of generators.

He should desist from making such stupid suggestions as a senator. its obvious why we are where we are today with DISTINGUISHED SMART SENATORS LIKE THIS.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Elgaxton(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2008
very very very Idiotic I say,

Please ask the nator if has no generator,

Naija has no functioning steel company of theirs so

how do they intend to even make their own Gen,

so dem wan take compensate, abegi jo angry angry
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by ono(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2008
I seldom participate in this kind of discussions. Debosky knows that I'm for Niger Delta topics only any day. LOL!! But I decided I should chip in one or two things, seeing that the likes of honourable Jakumo, David, McKren, Richyblack, Otokx, and of course, the Odidigboigbo of Nairaland himself, Oga Seun has aired their views.

For me, the advise from Smart that generator use should be banned to drive home the emergency power woteva, is ill-timed. This is definitely not the time for that. Our policy ''formulators'' should realise that beyond the cosy, cool and comfortable abode of theirs in Abuja, there lies wastelands, shanties, slums and ghettos in other parts of Nigeria. Nigerians are suffering in their hundreds of thousand all over the country. These people should look at issues before coming out to show us how stupid they are.

Hopefully, when Afam power plant comes on line, we should be able to generate some ample power to meet the needs of the people, but I heard we might have to pay big time for the power coming from Afam. We will just wait until such a time that the project sees the light of the day.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by nipalm(m): 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2008
When there is constant Power supply, people will not need to buy generators or other sources of power; that is the first step the senator should be looking into if he really wants to make a difference or knows what he is talking about.

And as the saying goes " charity begins at home" he should ban the use of generators in his own home and government office to show his faith the Power sector.

My honest opinion? Nigeria has a veeeeeery long way to go before Power stability like we see in the Western World.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by f6(m): 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2008
@ Backslider

, And what is the big picture? have no genarators in nigeria, maite! You forget that thre are generators out ther for even poor people, you can still get generators for between 8 and 10grand in naija, I c a point in what you saying but people aint gon use generators when they've got light or would you have your generator working when you've got constant power from nepa, NO! period!!

Quit the idea man, It just doesn't make sense , coz i know that there are loadsa of poor people out ther, . who find solace with their running mini-generators, stopping mosquitoes atacking these poor people in huge numbers atleast with their energetically spinning ceiling fans, atlst for now,

When the power issue gets sorted out then we can think of banning generator, which might sound right if we are trying to curb noise pollution, banning it now,because we think only the rich can afford it wouldn't not help matters,
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by lucabrasi(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2008
coded guy:

!, its not only his opinion, look at the voting stats

2, Who is in this country doesn't know that the power problem is one of the main causes of hardship, he is not tellin us anything new or doing us a favour by digging it out back in the news

3, Let the govt both 'smart' and all of them pretend that they need some sort of pressure before they attend to the power issue. They don't need pressure to allocate allowances for their maintainance as senetors.

You never hear say a whole ship disappear, na generator u think say them no fit smuggle. ma open ya eye well, na Nigeria be this o!

its avery stupid idea to want to ban generators, its the will power to act that is the problem not the banning of generators. if they have a will power to solve the power problem they will albeit, ignoring the use of generators.

He should desist from making such stupid suggestions as a senator. its obvious why we are where we are today with DISTINGUISHED SMART SENATORS LIKE THIS.
i meant his own opinion is diffrent from mine not that he is the only one seeing as im not a mind reader to know other's opinions,i can only voice out mine and stand by it with reasons,
what voting stats in nigeria?show me the stats saying majority of nigerians disagree with the senator and ill shut my pie hole
2)yes he is doing the average nigerian justice by putting it out there in the news,go through the dailies of the past 2 months and you ll discover that the power crisis which is supposed to be the first priority has been deliberately over shadowed,its almost 2 months since the president made his big speech,and the interview where he was speaking about sorting the power problem,has anything being done since tht may?
3)exactly,that is why i appreciate the fact that the man is speaking out because it would have been far easier to collect his salary and entitlements and not say anything,the most the legislative arm can do is to speak to the presidency and nothing more thats why i gave the example of the legislative during the obj time,did obj need them to share out 16billion?they dont have that power over the presidency
4)i didnt say they cant smuggle generators,i said it wont be easy,at least it will be illegal and many rich people who dont want to be embarassed being caught out will put pressure on govt and even if they smuggle it in,they will see that kind of situation as needing an immediate solution and apply pressure accordingly
i disagree with you and thats your opinion,i think its a brilliant idea,if theres no will to do what is right from the people who should know better,then applying societal pressure by banning generators will make everybody face where the main problem lies i.e presidency rather than the average nigerian looking to all arms of government ,business men/jobbers e.t.c
so senator smart is the reason why we are where we are, lol how many senators and house of reps members have been caught with part of the 16billion grin
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by holyghost(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2008
all this grammer for double chief Smart Adeyemi,
haba i said the distingushed senator was dead drunk when he made that statement!
and i have apologised on his behalf over and over haba
if fact i need another glass of beer!
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 16, 2008
embarassedPersonaly, i think the barning of generators shuold start from himself, by not using generator in his own house. He should not just run his mouth.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by oghoiyeke: 7:57am On Jul 17, 2008
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A VERY GOOD IDEA IF ONLY THOSE PROPOSING THE SO BAN CAN CLOSE THEIR EYES AND WITHOUT AIR CONDITION  FOR ONE MINUTE. WELL IF THEY CAN NO PROBLEM[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Geezle(m): 9:03am On Jul 17, 2008
HE IS REALLY VERY SMART, from his name, HE FRIGGIN HAS MANY GENERATORS IN HIS ABUJA RESIDENCE, LAGOS RESIDENT AND IN HIS VILLAGE HOUSE, [flash=200,200]http://WHAT THE HELL?[/flash]
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by ozigbo(m): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2008
which way nigeria
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by djfiki: 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2008
A ban on generators is totally insane. when power is stable in the country, automatically ppl would stop using their generators. However they reserve the right to keep the generators for emergencies or whatever.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Gbosko: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2008
The inability of the Nigerian government to solve power problem for the past 30years is partly due to ineptitude and corruption. However, the bulk of the problem lies in the dark electricity politics being played by "principalities and powers" in the high places of Power in Nigeria. The senator Smart Adeyemi fully understands this. You guys on this forum may continue blowing hot and cold and go into seizures for all that you care about - without the removal of that cabal that had placed the Nigerian power sector in it's grip, Power efficiency in Nigeria will remain a mirage.
For this reason I fully agree with the Senator, Lucabresi and every other person supporting banning of generators. When you've declared a state of emergency, you must do things in a drastic manner. However, Gbosko Alhaji is now concerned about the life and property of this poor zealous Senator who had just disturbed the hornet's nest! embarassed
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by nipalm(m): 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2008
Let him go ahead with his proposed plans if he is a real man / leader.

QED.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by qimpex: 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2008
This is the greatest jok of the year, LOL!
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by faoni572(m): 9:48am On Jul 18, 2008
A father gets his salary and pockets every penny, leaving his son to starve. When the child discovers the nutritious mud pie, he stops asking the father for food. . . all of a sudden this blockhead father decides to blockade his son's source of nutrition (mud pie) without any plan to put real food on the table. . .

I like your illustration, it depicts what is actually happening.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by PiMpjUiCe1: 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2008
Truth ( I think) is, the ban on generators will defly send d generator cartel out of business and make every1 sit up. itd be inconvenient but itd defly lead us on the serious path to final solution. i suggesed this same ban on facebook group about nepa and some dudes said its madness. but please, lets not be selfish but think long term instead of our short term inconveniences. it will be crazy but it will surely mean gen importers will have no more hold on the country. they r dictatin d direction of d country whereas PHCN is dying,, if it happens d oda way round we will all benefit( thats if y'all pay ur bills anyways). pay as u go is best for ngerians as long as thy cant hack it. the pay as u go metr in a couple of people's houses that i know, has been hacked so now anoda loss for nepa. 9ja problems just coplex. we have too many mad men in this country than normal. the leaders are even btter than the so called followers,
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by dipotepede(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2008
I believe there are some points not aired on this forum:

1. Generators are powered by Oil products and its derivatives.

2. Most government big boys deal with Oil whether owning oil wells or marketing various oil products.

3. The influx of generators will increase the demand for oil products and hence increase the wealth profile of the Government Big Boys.

4. Most exclusive deals on generators importation in Nigeria is by Ibo merchants who are not politically inclined (at least in the national level); I doubt if they have such influence to affect power supply in Nigeria.

5. The government of the day comprise men and women of intellect and wisdom; they are not handicapped in any form.

What does all these points signify?

The debate about whether generator should be banned is a waste of your precious time.

Generators can never be banned!
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by columbus71(m): 2:16am On Jul 19, 2008
why una go waste una precious time, they read waiting them they talk!!! especially when em no make sense. Can you imagine they period they said they want to declare emergency in power sector, that was the time PHCN/NEPA decide to take our light for 3weeks and 2days. not that they decide to bring it back ohh but after much protest by the youth of stadium road in Benin.

that senator waitin he they use for him house!!! abi na that styl tem want take chope small?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Rhea(f): 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2008
I do have a feeling that the ones supporting this loony senator are Nigerians living overseas.
Nigerians enjoying the labour of their foreign host.

Nigerians who cannot afford to spend a decent week in their mother land.
These tokunboh Nigerians do not share the experiences of bonafide Nigerians resident in Nigeria, held hostage by a group of bandits who can afford to pay and shoot their way into political office;
the Nigerian who has to manufacture his own power yet pays his taxes to government.
The Nigerian who recruits and prescribes and pays for his own security yet pays his taxes.
The Nigerian who basically has to do everything for himself that a working government should do, except collecting taxes.

A ban on generators without a feasible substitute is simply aggravating the sufferings of the masses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can I Receive Money To My Naira Mastercard / What Profitable Business Can I Invest 3 Million Naira Into??? / Principle And Machine For Making Commercial Yogurt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.