Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators (10720 Views)

Economic Crisis: Five Banks’ Profit Drop By N54bn / Custom Boss Lifts Ban On Rice Import / Solar Power As A Solution To The Power Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by SENATORJD(m): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2008
nedra:

nigerian nepa will even off light on christmas day just imagne that kind of nonense. its so disheartening
even on Independence day
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by kaboninc(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2008
i think that the guys idea would work but the problem is with nigerians. Here most of us dont have faith in what we do at all. Lets just have a little faith in this program and for once lets trust the governmet, then will get there. Think positively.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2008
kaboninc:

i think that the guys idea would work but the problem is with nigerians. Here most of us don't have faith in what we do at all. Lets just have a little faith in this program and for once lets trust the governmet, then will get there. Think positively.

Explain the program please!
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Koboland(f): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2008
Nigerians are the Greatest Problem facing Nigeria!!

Can't people read b4 they post?

The proposed ban will be in effect once the Power Emergency had been implemented andd its effect seen

Any reasonable Man should conclude that if the Government is serious with the Emergency by 2 years we should have at least 80% looking up to 100,

Generators Adds a Lot Global warming,
Generators cause Sound/air pollution,

Generators lead to fuel scarcity

Generators were meant to be a temporary alternative when power fails

Whats an Optimistic Nigerian should argue then would be if Govt would be serious with the SOE!!!!

When i come here i see a lot of people who dont believe in Nigeria!!!!!, I never seen a country more hated by it Citizens, we are not the worst, We need prayers tooo coz everyone of us have shortcomings so dont expect too much from a mere mortal but God

Thats why sometimes i wonder if it is not best we divide this Country, so much hatred, so much bias,

How did you think America survived?

Banana was sold for $20 in 1948 in America now its less then $8

It takes Time, Give this Country and leaders a chance, Thats why the Bible talked so much of faith,
If you dont have faith in your country who will?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by klez(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2008
Oi! what do you mean think positively? Thinking positively in this country requires the death (or equivalent) of several I-feel-higher-than-the-president individuals. That's thinking positively. You cut off the head so the body doesn't die.(In this case the body can grow a new head).

About the gen issue, Esss said it all:

Esss:

If they want a productive ban, Let them ban generators in all federal parastatals and offices, starting with the presidential villa, gorvernment houses, Federal and states secretariats, Federal and states houses of assemblies, the judiciaries, e.t.c. Then they will sit up.

Why punish the people for the crime of the government.

That's what they should do. Make the suckers taste their own medicine.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by cold(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2008
@mosun,i concur,this is more or less much ado about nothin.Lets look at it this way,if there's petrol in the structured market the black marketers simply fizzle out.Same thing if there's stable power supply the generator dealers and their cohorts will run aground.u dont need to ban use of generators to improve electricity.What we need is commited leadership and not mere posturing and empty rhetoric.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by zheroes(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2008
the idiot making this proposal definitely has a 110KVA  generator(2 units) running in his apartment with a 5000 litres deisel tank and he's coming here to spew rubbish, do people have to stop eating before the govt knows we have to start planting more crops?

SEE THUGS REPRESENTING LEARNED FELLOWS SIMPLY BECAUSE WE ARE AFRAID TO DIE? and arent we actually dieing gradually?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Mustay(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2008
thank goodness the inverter business is booming - ban gen; open inverters! sad
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2008
Koboland:

Nigerians are the Greatest Problem facing Nigeria!!

Can't people read before they post?

The proposed ban will be in effect once the Power Emergency had been implemented andd its effect seen

Any reasonable Man should conclude that if the Government is serious with the Emergency by 2 years we should have at least 80% looking up to 100,

Generators Adds a Lot Global warming,
Generators cause Sound/air pollution,
Generators lead to fuel scarcity
Generators were meant to be a temporary alternative when power fails
I knew someone was going to try the global warming spin here. Generators lead to fuel scarcity? Generators cause Sound/air pollution,? Why are’t we banning cars as well?? Heck, why single out generators used in homes since company generators run up more pollution than home generators? Why Generators only on the list?

Koboland:

Whats an Optimistic Nigerian should argue then would be if Govt would be serious with the SOE!!!!
When i come here i see a lot of people who don't believe in Nigeria!!!!!, I never seen a country more hated by it Citizens, we are not the worst, We need prayers tooo because everyone of us have shortcomings so don't expect too much from a mere mortal but God

Thats why sometimes i wonder if it is not best we divide this Country, so much hatred, so much bias,

How did you think America survived?

Banana was sold for $20 in 1948 in America now its less then $8

It takes Time, Give this Country and leaders a chance, Thats why the Bible talked so much of faith,
If you don't have faith in your country who will?

I love the way these so called Optimists spin themselves into some corner, watching them wiggle their way out of such tight spots make my day.  Now Mr., you have it figured out. What in the Senators plan provides for my freedom to alternative form of electricity? Why should businesses have the ability to use generators while my right is taken away as a citizen of Nigeria?
Let us assume we can play your “It causes pollution” card here, my small generator does not produce as much pollution as that put out by the generator belonging to the bank next door, while should I be the one to take the hit in this case?

Oh yeah! Have you ever heard the phrase “Blind Faith”? Do you know what it means?? Do you think that your sort of faith here is not Blind Faith?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by kingud(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2008
Please house i think the senator is making sense, I seriously know that ban of generator in nigeria will seriously cause harm more than good but let us, just try take a step of faith and see what will happen, Do you guy's know that the Generator importers have a DEAL with power hoding companies?9(PHC) that made you and i not to have light? i seriously buy the ideal my senator is taking let us not descourage him but rather encourage him in fighting the fight because  he can not do it alone, please right now in my working place will have spend  nothing less than  200million naira in buying delsel pls lets encourage him if the state can do anyting to support the problem you and I is having in nigeria
okay bye , guys be cool we will make it
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by dre101(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2008
AM SO SURE I WILL NEVER CONCUR TO BAN OF GENERATOR,
THE "I BETTER PASS MY NEIGBOUR" I JUST BOUGHT, SOMEONE (GOVERNMENT) WILL TELL ME NOT TO USE IT LAI LAI grin grin IF THEY PROVIDE BASIC ELECTRICITY WHO WILL BUY GENERATOR?
THE GENERATOR IS EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE NOW, angry JUST IMAGINE

Esss:

If they want a productive ban, Let them ban generators in all federal parastatals and offices, starting with the presidential villa, gorvernment houses, Federal and states secretariats, Federal and states houses of assemblies, the judiciaries, e.t.c. Then they will sit up.
THANK YOU JARE ESSS cool

WE DONT HAVE GOOD AND COMMITTED LEADERS YET, OUR COUNTRY IS BLESSED, BUT OUR GOVERNMENT, ETHNIC LEADERS, COMMUNITY LEADERS , ARE CORRUPT.

PLEASE TELL THEM NOT TO TRY IT OOOO BECAUSE I WILL NOT LISTEN grin
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2008
kingud:

Please house i think the senator is making sense, I seriously know that ban of generator in nigeria will seriously cause harm more than good but let us, just try take a step of faith and see what will happen,
Wait a sec…. you know a ban will harm the country but you want to put on blinders here and take a leap off the cliff into stupidsville?? LMAO!!! Now that is BLIND FAITH!

kingud:

Do you guy's know that the Generator importers have a DEAL with power hoding companies?9(PHC)
that made you and i not to have light?

Oh, The generator importers as the evils ones that have refused the government developing the power sector in Nigeria? OH MY GOSH!!! So there are power HOLDING companies that stop government from doing its job, providing electricity to the people and so banning the people using generators is the solution? shocked

kingud:

i seriously buy the ideal my senator is taking let us not descourage him but rather encourage him in fighting the fight because he can not do it alone, please right now in my working place will have spend nothing less than 200million naira in buying delsel please lets encourage him if the state can do anyting to support the problem you and I is having in nigeria
okay bye , guys be cool we will make it

You spend 200million naira buying diesel when the same money could have easily bought your company a good wind turbine or solar panels and drastically reduced cost a long time ago?? ROFLMAO!!! Now this is the sort of company the government should go after to save diesel price, the environment and whatever else we can add to the list to penalize ‘em.

The Generator ban is not on companies but on the people who use generators in their homes so please, my brother, rethink these things. I BEG YOU ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD TO THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by SOJ(m): 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2008
hmm, having read all these posts my greatest fear is dat this so-called ban will only cause more harm than good. for one, it can never bring an immediate solution to Nigeria's power crisis cos it will take years to bring power to our homes; secondly, placing a ban will only favor importers and goods smugglers who will open up illegal routes to bring the gen into the country thus causing an hike in the prices of generators and other power products.
The bill will only be disastrous like other product bans; though i doubt if it will succed anyway,
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Ovamboland(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2008
What you are seeing is the hefty price a nation pays when it places charlatans and semi illiterates on the driving seat of it's destiny.

Quoting OBJ many of them (lawmakers) 'don't know their left from right'.

As someone said, all they want is a shift of who makes money from generator importation. The first step is to issue iport licence for generators to their cronies

@ Kobojunkie and others wink
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by debosky(m): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2008
Ban Ban Ban, they banned chicken, okirika and toothpicks, no comment

Thank God for Stella, na she save our countrywomen, if not OBJ for ban pancake grin grin grin

A Ban will never be feasible - you cannot prevent people from powering their homes when you have failed to provide alternatives to them. The man is highly unserious - he says that is when everyone will 'pray' for the success of the power emergency?? Are we supposed to pray for the success or turn off our generators when we can obviously see they are not needed because the emergency has succeeded? Na wa for Nigeria
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Mustay(m): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The Generator ban is not on companies but on the people who use generators in their homes so please, my brother, rethink these things. I BEG YOU ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD TO THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE.

lol
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by janami(f): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2008
well, maybe wot d guy is tryn to say is dt if we dnt have an alternative for power generation, we wont look at the issue of PHCN so nonchalantly. he has a point though, crazy as it sounds, just that no one wants to be subjected to any inconvenience that it would cause
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Mustay(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2008
The NEPA guys have said that to have regular supply, we need 3 years.

So, for 3 years we 'll wait for the ban ehn?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2008
janami:

well, maybe wot d guy is tryn to say is dt if we dnt have an alternative for power generation, we wont look at the issue of PHCN so nonchalantly. he has a point though, crazy as it sounds, just that no one wants to be subjected to any inconvenience that it would cause

I know you are an intelligent being so I will ask you to come down to the real world and try explain how this makes sense in this scenario.
Can’t you see when you are being deceived into signing for digging the hole deeper? Have the many bans of the past decades done you or anyone you know any good, I mean apart from fill up the pocket of the few rich who end up getting contracts and special licenses from it? How can taking away your generator, which you got, in the first place because Government did not do its job, help Government better work with PHCN?
What has these generators to do with PHCN and government at this point or any point? Can you explain how the generator in my backyard is stopping Government from fixing the power problem? HOW… HOW… HOW!!!!!

Even when there is regular supply (Lord knows if that will ever happen), why ban generators?
Apart from environmental reasons which this is clearly not the reason here, what other reason would the government have to ban people having alternative sources of energy? Is it to create a monopoly so we all depend 100% on government and pay what government wants whenever??

What about the people’s right to alternatives? Will there also be a ban on solar panels and windmills so government can finally figure out that it needs to deal with power?? Nigerians, come on, we are better than this. We deserve better. We are not monkeys. We are human beings and we deserve respect from these people. Can we please start voting with our heads and not with blinders on?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by lucabrasi(m): 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2008
You always try to create one of those so you can get away with silly reasoning. Lol

[b]i don't really need to because "the context"being the operative word here concerning what the senator said is self explanatory,if the man saying both the rich and poor should experience the same thing to make them aware of and take cogent steps to influence and push the power sector reforms is silly reasoning then i give up

For the UMPTEENTH time , what has what you think of my person and how much I travel to do with this?  What has the cost of tokunbo or Nigerian Used Generator to do with the ban? The rich need to be made to feel poor before Yar adua can fix electricity in Nigeria?? Did you think that one through?? Do you harbor some sort of detest for those who are richer than you are, or something?
[/color]

i don't think anything of your person one way or the other unless it bothers on your naive assumptions concerning the topic/discussion in question,the price of tokunbo or new generator has a whole lot to do because then you will understand that generators are exclusive preserves of the rich and priviledged and so is running it regularly, the rich have influence on politicians and people in government while some of them are in government,need i say more about how that ll influence a faster reform
habour some detestplease don't make me laugh,you don't know me as well or my background,so the fact that im saying the truth must make me some hater whose family are prolly living hand to mouth ,we have two 25kva generators in my house in naij and i can confidently consider myself priviledged and thats no lie,but i have a coscience and will always say the truth no matter what
[color=#006600]

What nations Power sector? The Power sector that has been deteriorating for so many years before people decided to turn to generators for power? Because of your issues with one particular importer of generators: generators which by the way, majority of Nigerians who are able to afford, willingly buy so they can get the electricity the government has failed for decades to provide them—you feel a ban is best way to harm him without considering that it harms even the poor in the same and also restricts the people and creates another monopoly in the process?

You don’t see how this move will force all to depend on the government in the end and if the government fails, they have practically no alternative if care is not taken? You do not see how small businesses (especially those that operate from homes) will be greatly affected as
[/color]

yes and why do you think it has been deteriorating??isnt it precisely because the rich have stable alternatives??
i don't have an issue with a particular importer,i have issues with firstly all importers of generators,and more issues with the ones that sabotage the power sector either directly or indirectly for their own selfish ends,yes and who are the ones buying them if not the rich?they don't feel the pinch so they wont tell their friends in high places to hurry the power reforms,

i see how it will force all to depend on government,but the answer to that is privatisation of the power sector once the government has done its part,and as for small businesses,read the article again,the man said small businesses migh still be allowed to continue

Do you realize that whenever you debate, you seem to have a need to throw someone under the bus just because?? So all the rich in that country are evil and need to be punished, even when the poor will be punished by the same, as long as you get the rich, it is fine by you?? And then in the next breath, the same you will declare the same rich are morally obligated to you. Do you think these things through?? In what context can a ban on generators will reasonable in this Nigeria?
We have had so many bans in that country, how much good can we claim has come from any of them? We still import food, cars, everything, even with all the many bans. All they have done is help shift contracts from one hand to another.

Did Ghana need to ban generators to get its power system working as it ought to? What stops the Nigerian government from actually developing electricity as it should and allowing the people to shift from generators to electricity as the right thing for their situation?  Will the same government have to ban Solar Panels, Wind Turbines and mills as well to FORCE people to depend on it?

Let me guess, you do not know that if that happens, the power companies will now have a monopoly on the electricity market and you will have no choice but to patronize them if you wanted electricity In that country?

Even if two years from now the government successfully deals with the power problem, why should the people not be allowed alternatives? If I want to continue powering my poor house with generator, and can afford it, why should I not be allowed to do so? And Please, do not come back with a new context linking this to the environment cause it is clear the man is not really concerned about such in his bid to ban generators.
[color=#006600]

throw someone under the bus?hell no,maybe thats your own perculiar slant on issues not mine,all the rich are not evil,but majority of the rich have either directly or indirectly been a part of the causal effects of the power decay,of course a lot of rich will be affected who are innocent but majority of them will sit up and start to talk to their influential friends who inturn will finally se it as a problem that needs solutions fast and not dilly dallying because its affecting them,as an aside,why do you think the government is not too keen on solving the teachers strike?if their families wernt attending private schools and universities will they still be deaf to these people's cries and demands??
i don't understand where moral obligation comes into this,but hopefully you will explain??

why the bans have not been working is because we have not had the political will to sort out the alternatives,who do you think benefit from all these bans if not the rich and eminent in the society,or are you privy to any incident where government contracts for textile reforms has been given to an average nigerian??
they banned foreign cars of a certain year so that their cronies can sell the brand new cars, i don't see america and britain banning cars of any year

they banned imported foods and drinks,have they empowered the farmers??rather than do that,the same cronies and rich people benefit from government policies like the 80billion naira appropriated for rice importation,fertilizer and cement rebate,who benefited if not the president's cronies??

thank GOD,you agree that the contracts shift from one hand to the other,its not shifting from under bridge to oshodi,its shifting from so called big men to so called big men.

ghana didnt,because ghananians are diffrent from nigerian rich people and the ones in government,the people should not be allowed alternatives because that is a dangerous niche that will leave room for underhand dealings by crooked business men who see it as an easy way of making money,and so will sabotage the power reforms to make more billions, what is the price they have to pay?having brand new silent remore controlled generators?
the poor and working class are already experiencing the generator ban in a way because they cannot afford it in the first place,so it will make little or no diffrence to them,the only people the ban will make any diffrence to are the rich who are not acustomed to it, if the power sector is put right fair enough they can lift the ban and if u still feel like buying a generator then good for you,as for monopoly why would the government monopolise the power sector when they have said it times without number even in government policies that it will be turned over to the private sector and rivate sector perticipation will be encouraged,same happened with the telecoms sector
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2008
I don't see anything wrong in such a ban, e.g. on Generators, It serves us right. Many of us may not know the exact reason why the Senate/Senator has decided to take such step. But I think it serves right.

Alot of our 'big' men are making money, i mean good money from the importation of these generators and at such, they wouldn't mind if the Power crisis lingers on for years. . . .I've always believed that to stop Power Crisis in Nigeria, Let importation of Generators be BANNED! Then shall we be able to face our power crisis perfectly, otherwise, zero solution.

If only we can go through some pains, then would we experience gain in Nigeria. It's just a matter of time, I believe.

I vote for this Ban.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by koko777(m): 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2008
I'm less concern about the Senator. To me he's an idle man begging for attention. Must they ban generator for the power generation to be functional? Ok Accepted, if  he's looking at it from that perspective, lets see the impact of government in fixing the power, say at 45%. Then people can start to take the bold steps to discourage the opportunist that are leveraging on the problems by importing Generator into the country. Nigeria is too big for any radical, irrational and unintellectual decisions when it comes to the isssue of national interest.
Nairaland pls lend me your ears, because i'm puzzled. IS THERE NO SOLUTION TO THIS ENDEMIC POWER PROBLEM IN NIGERIA?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by janami(f): 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2008
@kobojunkie
lol. i know the ban sounds crazy - is crazy. i am jst tryn to look at it from the man's angle but reading the responses, i can see that it cannot work, will never work.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2008
Uncle "Smart" Adeyemi shld pls live up to his first name.

I'm sure he doesnt want to go out of office as Senator Idiot Adeyemi
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by SENATORJD(m): 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2008
davidylan:

Uncle "Smart" Adeyemi shld please live up to his first name.

I'm sure he doesnt want to go out of office as Senator Idiot Adeyemi
hahahhhaa my ribs grin
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by edmondo(m): 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2008
if the ban will cut across everybody(rich and poor)and it wuld make the power sector to be effective and make electricity to be more stable,then the ban wuld be ok.because i tink the generator sellers are sabotaging the govt effort in stabilizing the power sector.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by savanaha: 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2008
I sense a Seun spirit in this banning of everything, "Nigerian the bannable." Anyhow on paper banning of generators looks good and to be honest I support it . . . on paper. However, I do not currently reside in Nigeria and knowing the potential corruptability of everything and anything in Nigeria this idea could be corrupted.
The main reason this banning of generators might be a good idea is that if more pressure is put on NEPA they will have to change. My theory might greatly flawed but. . .
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by alex406(m): 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2008
9ger is fading like new clothe.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by debosky(m): 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2008
You guys are really being ridiculous by supporting this ban. The truth is, even if electricity tariffs are QUADRUPLED from their current levels, the cost of paying for centrally generated electricity is STILL substantially CHEAPER than running generators.

The truth is, if the government can be serious and get its power emergency working, no one will need to be told before they switch off their generators - it simply makes far more economic sense to run on reliable PHCN (or whatever it is called) power than anything else.

Why must the 'rich' be made to stop being comfortable before the government can do its duty? The generator thing came in to fill the vacuum caused by government inefficiency - if the government sorts out itself and makes the power sector work properly, that productive energy and capital will be diverted into other sectors of the economy. There is absolutely no need and no justification of a ban on generators, except of course, for environmental reasons, and ONLY when there are clear benefits to be obtained over what would be the case if generators are run.

We have heard these stories of the generator operators sabotaging power, but I do not accept that - are they the ones bombing pipelines and causing the government's inability to finish building power plants?
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2008
edmondo:

if the ban will cut across everybody(rich and poor)and it wuld make the power sector to be effective and make electricity to be more stable,then the ban wuld be ok.because i think the generator sellers are sabotaging the govt effort in stabilizing the power sector.
same view here.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by codedguy1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 15, 2008
lucabrasi:

Did Ghana need to ban generators to get its power system working as it ought to? What stops the Nigerian government from actually developing electricity as it should and allowing the people to shift from generators to electricity as the right thing for their situation?  Will the same government have to ban Solar Panels, Wind Turbines and mills as well to FORCE people to depend on it?

Even if two years from now the government successfully deals with the power problem, why should the people not be allowed alternatives? If I want to continue powering my poor house with generator, and can afford it, why should I not be allowed to do so? And Please, do not come back with a new context linking this to the environment cause it is clear the man is not really concerned about such in his bid to ban generators.
[color=#006600][/color]
why the bans have not been working is because we have not had the political will to sort out the alternatives,who do you think benefit from all these bans if not the rich and eminent in the society,or are you privy to any incident where government contracts for textile reforms has been given to an average nigerian??
they banned foreign cars of a certain year so that their cronies can sell the brand new cars, i don't see america and britain banning cars of any year

they banned imported foods and drinks,have they empowered the farmers??rather than do that,the same cronies and rich people benefit from government policies like the 80billion naira appropriated for rice importation,fertilizer and cement rebate,who benefited if not the president's cronies??

thank GOD,you agree that the contracts shift from one hand to the other,its not shifting from under bridge to oshodi,its shifting from so called big men to so called big men.

i duff my hat!!!!!!

I dont know why we have to ban generators to realise we are in deep Electricity shit in this country. People will find a means to provide alternatives when a commodity is scarce, in this case Electicity.

If the govt manages to solve the electricity problem in the country, why will i need to get a generator, and if i dont need a gen, then the issue of banning generators will not arise, Know why? BECAUSE I HAVE CONSTANT ELECTRICITY PROVIDED BY THE GOVT OF WHICH I PAY FOR.

Another reason why the Banning does not make sense is IF THE GOVT CAN PROVIDE ELECTRICITY, THE BUSINESS OF IMPORTING GENERATORS BECOME UNATTRACTIVE. except you want to import what nobody will buy.

The senator should also propose banning the sinking of boreholes in houses and those guys that supply water in their carts with 25 littre kegs. That would also make Water works be more effective.
Re: Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators by SENATORJD(m): 4:42pm On Jul 15, 2008
edmondo:

if the ban will cut across everybody(rich and poor)and it wuld make the power sector to be effective and make electricity to be more stable,then the ban wuld be ok.because i think the generator sellers are sabotaging the govt effort in stabilizing the power sector.
and how? did they misappropriate the funds meant for the sector?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines / Opportunities In Foodstuff Export For Nigerians; Get Genuine Buyers Abroad / Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.