Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry (9454 Views)

Poll: Close down Nollywood?

No way: 54% (29 votes)
Scrap it: 45% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Kanto: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2008
NIGERIA HAS FAILED AS A NATION, SO WHY NOT  START WITH SCRAPPING NIGERIA?

No wonder they said the internet is full of garbage.

Millions of people enjoy nollywood movies, both in and outside nigeria. Common sense indicates that if you don't like something you simply avoid it, rather than seeking to impose your unprogressive, primitive and tribalistic will on others.   

But no not nigerians, as usual in their primitivity and blind tribalism we  have a load of anonymous internet charlattans who lack any simple common sense advocating that the private innitiatives of individuals that  have at least created thousands of jobs and put food on the tables of so many people in a land where there are no jobs should be scrapped.

If we have to follow the warped logic of the imbeciles here advocating the scrap of nollywood, then why not also scrap nigeria?

Afterall nigeria is technically a failed state, a disgrace of a nation that cannot even provide the basic amenities of life.
There is no electricity, no water, no roads, no hospitals, massive poverty, human corpses on the streets to name but a few so why not start with scrapping nigeria?

Wny not scrap nigerian customs?
why not scrap nigerian police?
why not scrap nepa?
why not scrap the states?
And finally why not scrap nigeria?

Afterall none of these including the banana nation is working!

I am waiting for an answer from the stupid, unprogressive, primitive, and tribal bigots that promote such a nonsensical logic of scrapping nollywood!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2008
someone sounds angry! cheesy
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Kanto: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2008
I have heard and read many whites and other races say the blackrace and Africa is totally useless, so if we have to follow the logic of the scrap nollywood crowd then why not scrap the whole of Africa?

Has the African continent not failed?

Indeed why not go a step further and even scrap the blackrace?

Aftfterall the blackrace has failed and contributes nothing to humanity.

Those who bring up the logic of scrapping nollywood should realise that such a logic also  applies to  their nation, continent and race that is associated with failure.

The stupidity, tribalism, and primitivity of nigerians and black africans as is being displayed by the scrap nollywood crowd is the reason nigeria, africa and the blackrace can never make any progress.  Continue pulling down the modest efforts of your own people while other races are encouraging theirs and making giant strides.

Shame on all of you morons! 

I am still waiting for their answers!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by iukpe: 1:30am On Sep 22, 2008
For your information Omotola Jolade Ekehinde earn N750,000 per movie and you can imagine how many movie she features ina month. Genevieve earns N1m per movie which is even more than the per annum salry of a banker that works from morning till night for solid 365days.

How much money is spent on these movies they make so much from? They r lucky to have the people who buy whatever movies they make.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Sisikill: 2:42am On Sep 22, 2008
Kanto:

NIGERIA HAS FAILED AS A NATION, SO WHY NOT  START WITH SCRAPPING NIGERIA?

No wonder they said the internet is full of garbage.

Millions of people enjoy nollywood movies, both in and outside nigeria. Common sense indicates that if you don't like something you simply avoid it, rather than seeking to impose your unprogressive, primitive and tribalistic will on others.   

But no not nigerians, as usual in their primitivity and blind tribalism we  have a load of anonymous internet charlattans who lack any simple common sense advocating that the private innitiatives of individuals that  have at least created thousands of jobs and put food on the tables of so many people in a land where there are no jobs should be scrapped.

If we have to follow the warped logic of the imbeciles here advocating the scrap of nollywood, then why not also scrap nigeria?

Afterall nigeria is technically a failed state, a disgrace of a nation that cannot even provide the basic amenities of life.
There is no electricity, no water, no roads, no hospitals, massive poverty, human corpses on the streets to name but a few so why not start with scrapping nigeria?

Wny not scrap nigerian customs?
why not scrap nigerian police?
why not scrap nepa?
why not scrap the states?
And finally why not scrap nigeria?

Afterall none of these including the banana nation is working!

I am waiting for an answer from the stupid, unprogressive, primitive, and tribal bigots that promote such a nonsensical logic of scrapping nollywood!

One at a time bro, one at a time! That's right, we believe in focusing our energy on ONE thing at a time, giving it all the best we can. Besides, we don't just wake up with an idea and go with it without doing any research, project analysis, development (pre and post) and all the other good stuff sorely lacking in the average Nollywood Movie. No Siree Bob! We look at it from every angle, every which way it can be looked it, we do this so we don't induce intense rage in people for its RIDICULOUSNESS, you know. . . the way most Nollywood movies do.

Sure it would be faster to do multiple things at the same time, giving each less than 1% but from past examples. . . and I mean NOLLYWOOD, we know that is NOT the best way to go about it. Yep, if takes us 5 YEARS to do the one scrapping before going to the next, that's what we will do. Why you ask? It's simple really. .  it is all about QUALITY not QUANTITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to attend to more pressing matters. . .

YOU - impose your unprogressive.
ME -  

YOU - primitive
ME -  Hey it's all good, we use MD - DOS Operating System computers, Nollywood uses IBSYS which explains a lot equation balance, no? Ahh, no fighting!! Let's hug it out bro,

Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 22, 2008
Scrap am!!

I'm so very disappointed at Nollywood for the pointless movies they're making nwadays.

Someone plzzzzzzzz tell me what is the point of BEYONCE AND Rhianna?
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Sisikill: 2:46am On Sep 22, 2008
iukpe:

For your information Omotola Jolade Ekehinde earn N750,000 per movie and you can imagine how many movie she features ina month. Genevieve earns N1m per movie which is even more than the per annum salry of a banker that works from morning till night for solid 365days.

How much money is spent on these movies they make so much from? They r lucky to have the people who buy whatever movies they make.

Banker toils all day, doing GOOD, SENSIBLE WORK and gets crap for payment and someone is paid N1m to do the opposite?? Chei! Life is so UNFAIR!!!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Sisikill: 2:49am On Sep 22, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Scrap am!!

I'm so very disappointed at Nollywood for the pointless movies they're making nwadays.

Someone plzzzzzzzz tell me what is the point of BEYONCE AND Rhianna?

Bwahahahahaha! RubyRenny don't let them catch you oh!

Don't you know Beyonce and Rhianna is soooooo PROGRESSIVE and MODERN!!!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by vescucci(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2008
Y'all are still at it I see. First someone said since Nollywood bother me must I bother it. In other words, I should not watch any garbage spewed from its incestual loins. Okay, fine and dandy. I accepted this logic. But after a while I changed my mind cuz nollywood does bother me even if I don't watch it. Every time a film is advertised on TV, I go peptic. It is deranging some of my family members. I have cousins who used to watch films like Finding Forrester and Jumanji now resort to, well, Rihanna versus Beyonce, is as good a guess as any. One of them recapped an episode of X-files I missed to me and I felt like I was watching it there and then. That was in 96 or thereabouts. Now, she can't properly follow what happens in Pokemon. Is that mental degradation or what? If I wanna watch an important football match and some crazy old woman comes, you'll have to switch to something 'closer to home'. There's a video club close to my crib; the deranged owner play films and turns up the volume to the highest so the whole neighbourhood can get a feel for what he's offering and disturbing my beauty sleep.

If this is not a good idea of disturbance then whatever that word connotes is lost on me.

While y'all are at it, scrap wack adverts that make me have nightmares. Instead of being informed of products, now I have blacklists of products. Like that Leonart or something (antimalaria drugs). It insults my intelligence!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Kanto: 4:00am On Sep 25, 2008
Stupid, primitive, black apes.

This is why your continent and useless country nigeria can never progress.

I asked why not scrap nigeria, and non of the idiots who suggested scrapping nollywood could
answer.

Continue pulling yourselves down when other races are progressing.

One day go be one day, either your useless blackrace will be wiped out (scrapped) or you will
be re-enslaved and sent back to the plantations.

Useless enemies of progress.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by shilling(f): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2008
Although the Nigerian Movie Industry has its faults, I don't think it should be scrapped because some of us still enjoy those movies despite the poor production quality and cheap scripts. It's pure entertainment, it should stay!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Ifygurl: 10:03am On Sep 30, 2008
I like Nigerian movies. wEll some i do. Nigerians needs to remeber, we ain't the oneswatching that movies, it's other Africans and Carribbeans. Nigerians didn't make nollywood the 3rd major movie industry inthe world. and who knows maybe with this new place they built the movies may get better. Who knows maybe the plots will get better.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Thirdborn: 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2008
I will like to say first, thanks to who ever started this, because its a place to start. Let those who know talk, those who don't know learn and those who want to learn ask. (mooretes thanks o').

First and foremost let's remember to call it "The Nigerian home video industry". Calling it "Movie industry" implies we can compare with movies from other parts of the world (Joke).

Let's call scrapping the "home video industry" the last solution, because there might be a glimmer of hope. I however implore my people to make some serious changes because without some changes we ain't going nowhere.

First admit that the Nigerian Home video crap crap crap is so terrible, whack, an apology, a disgrace, a sin, , whatever you want to call it. It has been called a lot of things but please never use the words good or ok to describe them. Another term i hate is "trying", (at least we are trying). Did your parents ever let you get off punishment when you came last or second to the last in class in primary school by just saying you were "trying"? NO, they beat the crap out of you till you did better or just plain croaked (RIP). If the Nigerian blah blah industry is not beaten into shape it just won't change.

Please no more "third largest in the world crap". Those who don't think should realize that we are the third highest producers of films, or should i say crap in the world. Did i hear you say you want backup info, ok, India(Bollywood) is the first producing over 2000 movies a movies a year that generate between 1.5 and 2 billion dollars, America (Hollywood) makes about 2000 films which generate over 9.8 billion dollars annually, Nigeria (Nollywood) makes almost 2000 movies a year which generate about 250 million dollars (according to reports received in the last 2 years). Then get this…Hong Kong/China is ranked fourth but generates over a almost 2 billion dollars. So how can Nigeria be the third “Largest movie industry”? “Nollywood” needs to stop twisting facts….in short lying to boost films. The first thing that needs to be done is to get able hands (talented writers, producers, cinematographers, etc.) or call them out. then we can build a “Movie Industry”.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Kanto: 12:27am On Oct 01, 2008
@thirdborn:

You are just another noisemaker. You have to first begin by flogging or scrapping your shamefully failed nigeria
before you can have the moral right to question the individual business innitiatives of others.

How many times do i need to remind you primitive apes that Nollywood is the private investment and innitiative of individuals.

Nobody stops you or any of the empty noisemakers out there from creating their own movie industries. If you think you can do better you can start by starting "thirdbornwood" so we can see how much better you can do.

Enough of all this noise by brain dead lazy cows. Those who think they can do better should just go and start their own movie industries, let us see how much better they can do, shikena.

The easiest thing in the world is to run down other peoples efforts, when those that are doing the running down are worthless clowns who cannot even put 2 and 2 together.

Little wonder other races call us black monkeys. Can we really blame them when all we do is drag each other down?

Go figure!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Thirdborn: 1:39am On Oct 01, 2008
Wow Kanto,
obviously you are an Idumota or Aba trader who produces some of the crap people call "Nigerian movies". Didn't mean to push your buttons (as a matter of fact i'm glad i did). Just know this, its becuase of responses like yours people call us black monkeys, cos you just behaved like one.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Sisikill: 5:08am On Oct 01, 2008
@ Thirdborn
Abeg don't waste you time exchangin words with a chicken with its head buried in the sand.

How anyone can wash that crap and say is good, is beyond me. I guess it is a testament to how he thinks. So why bother?
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by H2O2: 6:22am On Oct 01, 2008
Kanto:

@thirdborn:

You are just another noisemaker. You have to first begin by flogging or scrapping your shamefully failed nigeria
before you can have the moral right to question the individual business innitiatives of others.

How many times do i need to remind you primitive apes that Nollywood is the private investment and innitiative of individuals.

Nobody stops you or any of the empty noisemakers out there from creating their own movie industries. If you think you can do better you can start by starting "thirdbornwood" so we can see how much better you can do.

Enough of all this noise by brain dead lazy cows. Those who think they can do better should just go and start their own movie industries, let us see how much better they can do, shikena.

The easiest thing in the world is to run down other peoples efforts, when those that are doing the running down are worthless clowns who cannot even put 2 and 2 together.

Little wonder other races call us black monkeys. Can we really blame them when all we do is drag each other down?

Go figure!

Thanks! You actually make a lot of sense.
I'm a big movie critic myself, but you hit the nail on the head.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Sisikill: 8:13am On Oct 01, 2008
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by waterworks(f): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2008
first of let me just say its a shame we have no faith in our country.[/b]we hardly have anything the oil only God knows wer the money goes, we have no light, hardly eni water and one gud thing that we are known and respected world wide for we want to scrap it? i think we should be grateful fo the litlte good things we have no matter how bad.

Of course the story lines are ridiculous and the scripts are horrible at times. they drag a one part storyline into 4 parts, they [b]hardly edit
, dont even get me started with the costumes. in fact in short there is no attention to detail!
However there are still a few good movies that make u feel proud of your countrys effort. ie white waters, keeping faith, the gardner, violated, eagles bride, usofia in lndon, widow, games men play, take me to mama, need i go on?
we are a country with hardly any funding in our movie industry while battling piracy on the side and if u ask me ill say wer doing pretty well.
im over here and when i say im nigerian people alwys comment on our movies, ghanians, jamaicans, south africans, you name it.
I think we have potetntial bot we just need to give it a bit more effort. i mean why would you waste time, effort and money making a one part classic movie ull hardly get any profit on due to piracy when people are making all the profit on 5 part movies where the characters hairdos never change!!!??
secondly the producers need to screen the actors and make sure only GOOD ACTORS are in movies you can always see the difference when only good actors are starred in moveis: white waters and games men play

fellow nigerians, have faith!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Kanto: 9:16pm On Oct 01, 2008
@thirdborn:

Just listen to yourself, are you making any sense?

If you and your pack of detroyer wolves had any common sense, you would know that Nollywood is a young industry with the normal teething problems associated with any new venture, but bigoted tribal witches and enemies of progress like yourself would rather destroy what you cannot create.

Beyond the dirty internet noisemaking which has become the trademark of lowlifes like yourself, if you had any iota of seriousness, you would have started your own thirdbornwood movie industry to prove your point, but alas we are dealing with chicken brain cry babies who are good only in destroying the effort of others.

Your response has confirmed my suspicion that your problem is tribalism, but i have news for you, nollywood is here to stay, and millions of people around the world will continue to watch them, infact some sky cable channels have already opened that deal exclusively on nollywood movies.

While an enemy of progress, nonentity like yourself continues to bang your ugly jealous head on the wall, Nollywood stars are gaining recognition and fame around the world.

You are a frustrated witch that is not even qualified to wash the pant of any of the nollywood stars.

For all i care, you can blind your eyes or go and commit suicide, because there is absolutely nothing you can do about Nollywood, the only positive thing coming out of nigeria and the 3rd largest movie industry in the world.

To all the witches, wizards and enemies of progress out there, the grave is not yet full, suicide is your only solution because Nollywood is forever!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Kanto: 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2008
Untill any of you empty, noisemaking enemies of progress can prove that there is anything stopping you from producing your own "thirdbbornwood" or "sisikillwood" or "jukpewood" you should shut your dirty traps forever.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Ifygurl: 3:45am On Oct 02, 2008
Thirdborn is another hating Nigerian guy.

If you can do better, go and do better.I don't see Nollywood holding you back. I mean there are cameras everywhere, go do you own. And oga, if you know anything. I suggest LOOKING FOR THE INFORMATION ABOUT NOLLYWOOD ONLINE. Nigerians didn't say it was the third major movies in the world. The rest of the world said it. This is the reason some Nigerians get on my nerves , they criticize everything.
Abeg, CarryCamera go do YOUR OWN. and lets watch it and see if you can do any better, no one is holding you guys back.
You hate Nollywood but others like it. I've been to too many African hair store and regular store and they are always palying some Nigerian movie. I have had wayy to many of my Carribbean and even AA friends borrowing my movie and they watch it as if they in somekind of trance.
What is boring to you, maybe fun to others.

Just like waterworks said, Nigerian movies have its good and bad. I suggest watch Widow and if youthink that movie sucks, then child you don't know real movie.  Most nigerians movies sucks and the plot is basically the same thing. It's gotten worse. I mean when i was a child, Nollywood movies actually had good meaning, this new ones isstupid but they are trying.
If youthink they are not, Then BUY A CAMERA AND DO YOUR OWN, LETS SEE HOW GOOD YOUR MOVIES WILL COME OUT.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by grafikdon: 9:25am On Oct 02, 2008
Scrapping "Nollywood" (I really hate that name but I have no other option) is not the solution. More serious minded professionals should get involved and tilt the balance. That way the gatecrashers and meddlesome interlopers will be relegated to the background where they rightly belong. Sure the ''pure water'' film makers will continue to make their 7 day movies but Nigerians are not dumb, it will be very easy to ignore the crappy movies and embrace the reasonable movies. Naija people sabi better things even though they love to get them through awufu  grin grin I watch Nigerian films but I go to Naijarules for recommendations. So far I haven't seen one that will make my brain explode. . . grin

There are lots of good Nigerian movies out there (And I mean LOTS. . . plenty. . . Nyafu nyafu) but unfortunately, they get swallowed and overwhelmed by the numerous atrocious 3 day movies with the most horrendous production. I believe Kingsley Ogoro, Tade Ogidan, Izu Ojukwu are some of the few credible pros in the business. . . Tunde Kelani is up there too. I haven't seen his work but considering the magnitude of accolades he receives , I am convinced he's a 'top dog'.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by mooretes: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ kanto

i wonder what is eating u up, if you've got a problem with anything, go punch the wall or something. Nigeria a failed country? hmmm! well, your opinion. so as long as you bring your opinion forward and no one condemns it, you do not have the right to condemn other peoples opinions. Its a simple world. Give it a rest and stop exchanging banters here with people who have logical reasoning.

@Sisikill, walahi you are the bomb, abeg anytime u fit, PM me, i would love to know where you're at. U are one sister with good reasoning.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by mooretes: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ ruby pearl,

Beyonce and Rhianna be movie?

shior! typical waste of space and time of both producers and actors. How in Gods name will they make such a movie! You give it a name and the people who are meant to be playing this part are clueless about the lyrics they are singing, have well not too good singing voice, which to be honest they could have just used some voice enhancer or digitally done some recording and make them lip sync

then we get them dancing like, kai, they shld v learnt good steps or something. We've got good dancers and singers out there, y cant they use them?
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by mooretes: 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ thirdburn im not sure i got it right, no probs
at least people try to make a move
take care man!
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Thirdborn: 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2008
@mooretes, atleast you are doing something. Its always better than nothing
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Sisikill: 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2008
Good Grief! I don’t know if I should laugh or laugh some more at what I’m reading.

Let’s see if I get this straight. . .

Critiquing  Nollywood movies = Hating Nigeria
Critiquing Nollywood = Tribalism
Critiquing Nollywood = Jealousy
Critiquing Nollywood = Joblessness

Okay, laughing it is! Heaven help me! Can you get any more irrational? I don’t think so! No wonder it is all going to hell in a handbasket. Nollywood movie makers and their excuse makers need to wake up from the mediocrity slumber, grow a pair and stop whining like cry babies when people tell them the crappy movies the make are crappy.

Hollywood have their critics
Bollywood have their critics
Chinese Movie Industry have their critics
French Movie Industry have their critics
Croatian Movie Industry. . . albeit a small one because they don’t churn out movies every 30 seconds like a certain movie industry we are not allowed to critique, have their critics.

ALL are very successful production-wise unlike a certain crybaby movie industry we must not mention for fear we will be deafened with the noise of their cries. Instead of taking a page out of the other SUCCESFUL, LESS EMBARRASING Movie industries, they cuddle themselves, wiping their noses with their dirty hands, whining about hate, jealousy and tribalism.

As long as a certain apology of a movie industry continues to churn out nonsensical, incoherent, shoddy, bottom of the barrel, a 10 years old with a camera can do better than this, movies. There will always be critics. . .  deal with it!

Oh you are right about one thing. . . I am Jobless!! Do you know what that means?

I gots lots of tiiiiiime

Yeeeep! Time on my hands to do whatever. . . Like spend the day critiquing crappy, not much thought put into it movies made by so called movie makers who know nothing about the art of movie making and are only in it for money!

How do you like them apples cool
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Sisikill: 5:41pm On Oct 02, 2008
grafikdon:

Scrapping "Nollywood" (I really hate that name but I have no other option) is not the solution. More serious minded professionals should get involved and tilt the balance. That way the gatecrashers and meddlesome interlopers will be relegated to the background where they rightly belong. Sure the ''pure water'' film makers will continue to make their 7 day movies but Nigerians are not dumb, it will be very easy to ignore the crappy movies and embrace the reasonable movies. Naija people sabi better things even though they love to get them through awufu  grin grin I watch Nigerian films but I go to Naijarules for recommendations. So far I haven't seen one that will make my brain explode. . .  grin

There are lots of good Nigerian movies out there (And I mean LOTS. . . plenty. . . Nyafu nyafu) but unfortunately, they get swallowed and overwhelmed by the numerous atrocious 3 day movies with the most horrendous production. I believe Kingsley Ogoro, Tade Ogidan, Izu Ojukwu are some of the few credible pros in the business. . . Tunde Kelani is up there too. I haven't seen his work but considering the magnitude of accolades he receives , I am convinced he's a 'top dog'.

You know why you don't see their work littered all over the place like dog poop? Because they take their time, they don't wake up one morning with an idea and start shooting by noon and done in time for dinner.

mooretes:

@ kanto

i wonder what is eating u up, if you've got a problem with anything, go punch the wall or something. Nigeria a failed country? hmmm! well, your opinion. so as long as you bring your opinion forward and no one condemns it, you do not have the right to condemn other peoples opinions. Its a simple world. Give it a rest and stop exchanging banters here with people who have logical reasoning.

@Sisikill, walahi you are the bomb, abeg anytime u fit, PM me, i would love to know where you're at. U are one sister with good reasoning.

LMOA! I think we all the BOMB! Anyone who is not blinded by sentiments and can call a spade a spade is the BOMB in my book. Seriously, I can't believe these people oh. . . acting like we are just pulling things from thin air, when EVERYONE knows the movies are not that good. They want to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the bad things but forget they are leaving their yansh wide open. . . for worse.

Anytime my sister, I'll add you to my YIM.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Thirdborn: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2008
We have 2 major problems in Nigeria, 1 is illiteracy and the other is ignorance, a serious problem we have is when people possess both.

kanto and followers, i am surprised you can write cos you surely can't read, read first, think, then reply. simple, you know like a b c, I first said scrapping is a last solution, we can fix it, but if it’s filled with people like you, then no hope, lets kuku jail all nollywood people.

You keep saying nollywood is young, that it's a private investment of individuals, blah blah blah, What do you think the rest (Holly, Bolly and Honk kong) are, Government innitiatives? Get real and read. Oops too hard for you.

Let me remind all here that there can never be progress without criticiszm, don't condemn it, listen and use it where-ever a point is made. This is how steps are made to good things.

You say the world is watching nollywood? you need to expand your reading from "manuals of the third reich" by Hitler to more informative sources. Nollywood audiences abroad are made up of Nigerians(who just miss home) have you read some things the foreign world say about our films? We can't even screen movies during most film festivals cos the format we use is not good enough. If you pour pure spring water into a dirty plastic cup and pour tap water into a shiny glass cup, which one do you think a foreigner is going to accept for drinking? Presentation is essential. A terrible story in good format is more likely to get attention than a good story in terrible format. Get it?

Nigerians have been fed rubbish for so long that after a long time the rubbish starts to appeal to them and they forget that they deserve better. This applies to every aspect of our lives in this country (Governance and all). There is no harm in asking for better, the result is usually you actually get the better or best. The reason Nollywood cahnnels are springing up is cos many like you enjoy the crap they feed you. Newsflash! Many of us know we deserve better.

To educate you some more (cos i so hate stupidity) "Nollywood" as a name is young, the "Nigerian film Industry" is not, we made better movies in the seventies than we do today. We were the first to own a T.V station in " friggin" Africa for heaven's sake. Don't you think we should be on top of things? For your info nollywood is the "third largest producer of films" not "third largest movie industry". DUH!

So who is better now, people that want a film industry scrapped cos a few people make it  whack or lunatics who want a country scrapped cos a few people are not supposed to be in politics?

Wetin bring tribalism inside this matter? You don't even know where i'm from or maybe you need a dictionary to check words before you use them.
P.S. I am involved in the Nigerian entertainment industry (music and T.V.), I am here cos I care.
also like to add, i appreciate some peeps up in here, especially you sisikill.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by vescucci(m): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2008
I've given up on this thread. All I care for is my eyelid batter. I didn't know you did IMs. Add ur brother (that'll change soon) too sharp sharp. I hide no info, check the old profile. I hope you know who you are even though it's darn obvious with a certain post you just posted.
Re: Petition To Scrap The Nigerian Movie Industry by Emad(f): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2008
Sisikill:

my thoughts exactly!!

well i dont blame the poster, for his petition, but my problem is, there are so many of them in that thing now that if you scrap it,
there will be too many more bandits on the streets, and that won't help anybody down town grin
just keep them there, it spares the nation the trouble of dealing with higher levels of insecurity grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh In Soft Indecency Movie [pictures] / Nollywood Goes Gaga, Casts Naked Actress (photo) / Omotola: Nollywood Can "Compete" With Hollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.