Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,596 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:11 AM

@ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here (9867 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by lilkech(m): 10:06am On Nov 19, 2013
Hahaha, I'm telling you. From page 5 of this thread has just been pure comedy for me. I enjoy this conner guy very much. Bros, please are you a comedian in real life? Please protestants don't bash me oh, I have hands off from this thread for now. I'm just watching the drama and comedy from the sidelines

Hahahahahhhahh

1 Like

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2013
Ukuts gp: Mavister and co. We have to leave this people now to continue to wallow in their ignorance since they have resort to name calling and throwing of tantrums.
But my joy is that, they have been told to come out of their idolatry and pagan practices and serve God in spirit and in truth. A word is always enough for the wise. Let us leave them to their fate.
you have a point there bro. But av washed thier blood off my hands. So disheartning to see a multitude decieved .

1 Like

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by HolyHolla(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2013
mavister: u call them trash? Only unongu has been able to say some meaningful thing here. You all havent. Am still waiting though cheesy

Yeah, unongu, one of the enlightened Catholics on NL.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by POPEII: 11:35am On Nov 19, 2013
mavister: yes bro i completely agree with u on this. They are simply immature. If thier pope could agree that what they are doing is not bible based, i wonder what dis ones are arguing about. Are they now saying they know more than their 'infallible pope' .?? Ehn cheesy
so how does it concern? Why does it bother you ? Why do you take panadol for our headaches? Is it not what I have been saying from the beginning? We have our doctrines
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by SalC: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mehn see comedy!
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
unongu: It is not stated anywhere in the Bible that only adults should be baptized. Non-Catholics state that the act of baptism is a waste because the infant is not capable of knowing what is happening and has not yet received the Lord as their Savior. Let us take a look at the Jewish infants that were being circumcised. Did these infants know that at the moment they were being circumcised, they were making a covenant with God? There is no validity to the non-Catholic claim that only adults should be baptized. Apostle Paul shows us a parallel between circumcision and baptism in the book of Colossians 2:11-12, when he stated thus: “In whom also you are circumcised with circumcision not made by hand, in despoiling of the body of the flesh, but in the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, in whom also you are risen again by the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him up from the dead.”
There is baptism of adults in the New Testament because the converts then were grown adults. However, let us take some verses in the Bible that say otherwise:
Peter answered: "Each of you must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins may be forgiven. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise of God was made to you and your children, and to all those from afar whom our God may call." (Acts 2:38-39)

“Well, I have also baptized the Stephanas family…” (1Cor 1:16)

“After she had been baptized together with her household, she invited us to her house…” (Acts 16:15)

The above Bible passages point to the fact that, it is not just adults that require baptism; children, family and household were baptized by the Apostles in the beginning of the mission so, why should we do otherwise?

nice ones
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mrlouis: stop wasting time. Answer my questions. Besides was jesus a catholic? Why all this 'my church is the biggest'? Ok if it wil please u. My church is the smallest. You ok now?

abeg keep quiet if you dont have any reasonable question to ask even a small child knows Jesus was a Jew. Mtchew
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
mavister: thanks for attempting the questions. Let me clarify you
The Bible is absolutely clear that we are to worship God alone. The only instances of anyone other than God receiving worship in the Bible are false gods, which are Satan and his demons. All followers of the Lord God refuse worship. Peter and the apostles refused to be worshipped ( Acts 10:25-26; 14:13-14). The holy angels refuse to be worshipped ( Revelation 19:10; 22:9). The response is always the same, "Worship God!"
Roman Catholics attempt to "bypass" these clear Scriptural principles by claiming they do not “worship” Mary or saints, but rather that they only "venerate" Mary and the saints. Using a different word does not change the essence of what is being done. A definition of "venerate" is "to regard with respect or reverence." Nowhere in the Bible are we told to revere anyone but God alone. There is nothing wrong with respecting those faithful Christians who have gone before us (see Hebrews chapter 11). There is nothing wrong with honoring Mary as the earthly mother of Jesus. The Bible describes Mary as "highly favored" by God ( Luke 1:28). At the same time, there is no instruction in the Bible to revere those whom have gone to Heaven. We are to follow their example, yes, but worship, revere, or venerate, no!
When forced to admit that they do, in fact, worship Mary, Catholics will claim that they worship God through her, by praising the wonderful creation that God has made. Mary, in their minds, is the most beautiful and wonderful creation of God, and by praising her, they are praising her Creator. For Catholics, this is analogous to directing praise to an artist by praising his sculpture or painting. The problem with this is that God explicitly commands against worshipping Him through created things. We are not to bow down and worship anything in the form of heaven above or earth below ( Exodus 20:4-5). Romans 1:25could not be more clear, "They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator — who is forever praised. Amen." Yes, God has created wonderful and amazing things. Yes, Mary was a godly woman who is worthy of our respect. No, we absolutely are not to worship God "vicariously" by praising things (or people) He has created. Doing so is blatant idolatry.
The major way Catholics "venerate" Mary and the saints is by praying to them. As the following article demonstrates, prayer to anyone other than God alone is anti-Biblical – praying to saints and Mary. Whether Mary and/or the saints are prayed to, or whether they are petitioned for their prayers – neither practice is Biblical. Prayer is an act of worship. When we pray to God, we are admitting that we need His help. Directing our prayers to anyone other than God is robbing God of the glory that is His alone.
Another way Catholics "venerate" Mary and the saints is by creating statues and images of them. Many Catholics use images of Mary and/or the saints as "good luck charms." Any cursory reading of the Bible will reveal this practice as blatant idolatry ( Exodus 20:4-6; 1 Corinthians 12:1-2; 1 John 5:21). Rubbing rosary beads is idolatry. Lighting candles before a statue or portrayal of a saint is idolatry. Burying a Joseph statue in hopes of selling your home (and countless other Catholic practices) is idolatry.
The terminology is not the issue. Whether the practice is described as "worship" or "veneration," or any other term, the problem is the same. Any time we ascribe something that belongs to God, to someone else, it is idolatry. The Bible nowhere instructs us to revere, pray to, rely on, or "idolize" anyone other than God. We are to worship God alone. Glory, praise, and honor belong to God alone. Only God is worthy to "...receive glory and honor and power..." ( Revelation 4:11). God alone is worthy to receive our worship, adoration, and praise ( Nehemiah 9:6; Revelation 15:4).

i will make life more easier for you. You want answers shey? I dare you to meet a catholic priest and throw all your questions at him. Stop preaching what you dont know here.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by POPEII: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
Eberex:

abeg keep quiet if you dont have any reasonable question to ask even a small child knows Jesus was a Jew. Mtchew
however people should learn t make the difference between Jew the ethnic Group and jew the religion/religious group, I know two Catholic jew . so yes Jesus was jew his ethnic group but he was a Catholic a staunch one to say the least his religion
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: however people should learn t make the difference between Jew the ethnic Group and jew the religion/religious group, I know two Catholic jew . so yes Jesus was jew his ethnic group but he was a Catholic a staunch one to say the least his religion

are u saying he was a catholic?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ubenedictus(m): 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
Unongu, pope and eberex, this thread is meant to riddicle, take a bow. The questions will come up again and you'll have time to answer them. Don't waste ur time here. Move on.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by truthislight: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
mavister: since you clerverly avoided telling me your church history. Let me tell you a bit. Pls i dnt hate you oh.cheesy . Dont be so pathetic. The membership of this church is more than half of all that are identified as Christianity (over one billion people) but the majority of Catholics baptized into the denomination do not even regularly practice their religion. Additionally, many Catholics know little about their own beliefs or they ignore the doctrine. Many integrate it with native pagan religions.
This denomination teaches that you are saved by grace, faith and works of merit. God's grace is something you must earn by keeping the church sacraments, traditions and rituals and by doing good works. The priests of the church are successors of the apostles and have all of Christ's authority on earth. The priests are grace dispensers and the church is infallible . If you accumulate enough merit you will go to heaven. Otherwise you will have to go through the fires of purgatory or to hell. The writings of the church fathers and the traditions of the church have equal weight with the holy scriptures. The members of this church are in the process of being saved by their works of merit.
Problems:
Many of the church's traditions and practices are contrary to scripture proving that this church is far from being infallible. Satan with his wolves in sheep's clothing has infiltrated this church and corrupted it. The Catholic Church has become like the corrupted Judaism that Jesus condemned. It is largely a church of Pharisees and of blind ritual -- a church of idolatry, rote prayer, and traditions of men. To rid most of Christianity of apostasy in the Church we first would have to go to the root of apostasy and purge out most of the doctrines that have infiltrated the Catholic Church.

Hehehehehe.

This guy is maverical indeed.

@Mavister

are you a catholic or once a catholic ?

I will send this post as one of the best quote i have seen on NL.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by truthislight: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
mavister: A few of the many other heresies:
*.In much of the third worldCatholicism has been integrated with pagan witchcraftand no major correction is coming from Rome. Yet the Vatican rails against those who teach true Christianity to those doing such things.
*.The scapular is worn by some Catholics who believe that salvation can come from something they hang around their neck.
*.Expecting power by using Holy water, medals, holy pictures and objects blessed by a priest is simply belief in the occult. It simply is witchcraft.
*.Many Catholic churches allow gambling and drinking on the church premises to raise funds.
*.The Pope as the vicar of Christ is not scriptural and many Popes have been anti-Christ.Peter was not the first Pope. The first real Pope was Leo 1st about 400 years later.Peter was an apostle to the Jews. Paul was the apostle to the gentilesfrom which most post first century Christianity descended.
*.The former Pope called Moslems brothers, kissed the Koran and said that Moslems are on a path to God. He had a close friendshipwith the top leader of Eastern Pagan religion and said they were on the same path. He told Catholics that salvation of the earth comes through Mary. Further, hewarned Catholics about the dangers of Christian evangelicals that teach the Bible. He welcomed non believers in Christ as brothers but did not rescind the one hundred anathema's made by the Catholic Church against all Protestant believers. (In catholic theology the anathema's mean all Protestants will go to Hell. The anathema's came from a infallible papal decree so it can never be rescinded. Thus, the only hope of salvation for Protestants within the Catholic theology is for Protestants to return to the Catholic Church).This is not Christian leadership it is the type of anti-Christ leadership that Paul warned true Christians to beware ofbut this church wants to declare this Pope a saint. The present pope is apparently is no wiser about salvation theology he seems to think that all people of good will are saved and many religions like Islam worship the same God as Christians even though Islam doctrine says that God has no Son. Some Catholics are now calling him an anti-pope because some of his views conflict with the views of other infallible popes. Oh, the Joy of blind Religion!
*.The Catholic Church has a wretched history and continues countless heretical teachings. Read " The Women Rides the Beast"by Dave Huntfor detailed information on the history and practices of this church in apostasy.

ooooohhh!

Now i know why RCC members ran from this thread. Hehehehe. grin
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by POPEII: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: Unongu, pope and eberex, this thread is meant to riddicle, take a bow. The questions will come up again and you'll have time to answer them. Don't waste ur time here. Move on.
you are right. I'm out
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by POPEII: 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
Eberex:

are u saying he was a catholic?
yes
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 21, 2013
Conner44:

Oremi, it is SIMPLE

Read the first 3 books of the new testament with your brain being sober and you will use your eyes to read and your brain to understand the EXACT person JESUS handed over the CHURCH (in generality) over to

Shebi you said you are a jehovah witness or deeper life? Please remind me

You berra HOLD IT dia before I start with your own case

I am waiting oga...
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by amanda2013(f): 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ukuts gp: i dnt think u even know one bit of the catholic evil doctrine and u are here ranting. Just go and sleep peacefully.
here we go again!
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by italo: 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Y'all need to go and see JMAN05 unable to answer one single question in the thread he opened without my name.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 23, 2013
italo: Y'all need to go and see JMAN05 unable to answer one single question in the thread he opened without my name.

You all should go and see that he became dumb when he saw a logical reply from me only because I treated him the way he treated me.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 23, 2013
italo: Y'all need to go and see JMAN05 unable to answer one single question in the thread he opened without my name.

You all should go and see how he was speechless when he saw a logical reply to there heresy, only because I treated him as he treated me.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by italo: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
JMAN05:

You all should go and see how he was speechless when he saw a logical reply to there heresy, only because I treated him as he treated me.

Yes, yes. Y'all should go see and judge who is dodging questions on that thread.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by SalC: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2013
FUNNY FELLAS grin
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
italo:

Yes, yes. Y'all should go see and judge who is dodging questions on that thread.
yeah just like you answered the ones asked of you here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) / The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Famous Scientists Who Believed In God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.