Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (12937 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (Locked) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by skyone(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2008
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet
« #247 on: Yesterday at 12:46:40 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: skyone on Yesterday at 10:43:17 AM
(s)Go and check how G.O gain is position over this ministry before comparing him with the ecounter Samuel, Jesse and Eliab had with God.

(d)Have you checked Brother Paul's conversion story too? It makes for incredible reading so nothing special here. GO is going to the same heaven that has Lazarus the beggar. ENOUGH OF MAN WORSHIP!

You're just full of contracdiction with high  level of shallowness in your understanding. I really can't understand why you do run away from a particular debate before starting another one. Remember you were comparing Eliab and Pastor Adeboye now is Paul and G.O. The amazing thing here again,' is you finally admitted is going to Heaven ; come on are u ok?

[[b]color=#006600]Quote from: skyone on Yesterday at 10:43:17 AM
(S)Do you know where the ministry is heading to, i'm sure the answer you have is  .

(d)The ministry is not for man . . . we are called into the service of Christ as His vessels not to be Lords over the household of faith.[/color][/b]Fellow Nairaland i.e TayoD, MR Pataki, Fyneguy even Olabowale please there's no need to have a debate with this guy his post are completely off the key.

Quote from: skyone on Yesterday at 10:43:17 AM
About Jesus; i know enough that has opened my eyes and ears in order to make Heaven where He sitted on the Right side of Yaweh.

I very much doubt it. Saying is not the same as believing or acting.

I wanted to ask how old are you but i thought there's no need. David take it from me you've lost it. So you can now tell who believe and who doeasn't believe the word of God or believe in him, in fact you can continue posting there's really no point for a lion to be chasing after a rat. Take care but learn to deal with question's as they come and stop shying away from it.

Holy you're bound to enjoy the fullness of joy and blessings HE planned for us.

Are "blessings" only in terms of money, jets and cars? May God have mercy.
[b][/b]

David the contracditionist please explain to me what is meant by the fullness of JOY AND BLESSINGS. Once a gain you've lost it.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2008
lol

bangbang

I didnt need your username to identify your state of mind/orientation.

Let me help you: You are against the purchase of the jet out of envy.

You won't agree with me but that's the bitter truth.

You probably think or know, rightly so, that inspite of the rigors you went through in life to attain the not- so- satisfactory status you have, it would take you another millennium to acquire a jet in life.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by tpia: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2008
rev lanre:

angry angry angry i curse all of you insult the man of God , you are all playing with fire , God Of Elijah send Bear to Kill them , Amen sad

look at this one. smiley

@ fyneguy

the issue is clear - Poverty mentality. If Jesus became poor that I might be rich and I still clung on to poverty, then I had made Him suffer for nothing.

do you even understand what you're saying?

anyway, people need to cool tempers. I wonder if any of the pastors you're fighting holy war over, would fight for you in a similar situation. Like they even know your name or who you are. undecided  Rather than worship the pastor, better work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Isnt that what the bible says?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by BangBang2(m): 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2008
fyneguy:

lol

bangbang

I didnt need your username to identify your state of mind/orientation.

Let me help you: You are against the purchase of the jet out of envy.

You won't agree with me but that's the bitter truth.

You probably think or know, rightly so, that inspite of the rigors you went through in life to attain the not- so- satisfactory status you have, it would take you another millennium to acquire a jet in life.

u wont quit because you are a slave who has been brain-washed!i cant agree with you because you are mentally decapitated.i have not had to go through any rigours because i have been blessed!(Thank God for my life and my family)

u r ignorant and dat is why you would remain penniless because slowpoke's like you would approve a jet for a pastor while you trek up and down the streets of lagos in your tattered obiomah sandals
you are a fucking idiot and you would continue to be a slave
dont forget to pay your tithe tomorrow because the jet money wont be complete unless idiots like you continue to plunder the little you have just to satisfy a pastor!!
u live in squalor and your pastor lives in extravagance and opulence
you cant affford a plate of jollof rice and chicken and your pastor's dog eats salad!!
you mop about on okada and yet u support ur pastor having a ferrari

arnt u ashamed of yourself? think about your life? do u want to continue in abject penury?

i dont need a jet, i live a very comfortable life, i drive about in a new car and browse the net from the comfort of my home.

u waste ur little pennies in cybercafe, trek all over the place and u have never smelt the seat of a brand new car, so sit down, think and get real, u fool!!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2008
hehehehehehhe

bangbang

whatever makes you think I live in penury?

First, I dont attend Pastor Adeboye's church and I dont have to be a member to know the right thing.

May be I should let you know: how the offerings are spent does not necessarily determine the blessing of the givers!

It's the act of giving that provokes the blessing.

Again, a spiritual law would have been broken if your carnal mind had been able to handle the blessings associated with buying a jet for the cause of the gospel.

So you are just a proof of the foolishness of the worldly wisdom
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by software(m): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2008
@fyneguy

When i say "materialistic" i mean, It should not be added into the things of God, Jesus christ taught us simplicity, his was of life was simply and modest,

Pastor Adeboye cant be as busy like the way Jesus Chrsit used to be during his own ministry, Jesus christ had the greatest challenges yet he remained simple, he didnt command that a special offering be conducted for him to perhaps, buy a Flying Donkey, Jesus christ, never owned a Donkey not too talk of a horse of a boat, He was simply, when the time comes, things get fixed itself,

Papa Adeboye is a true man of God, If God orders him to go for a trip outside the country "I CAN BET IT WIT ANYBODY" nothing will delay him, there would be nothing like cancellation of flight, Lets have faith in our God, Lets believe in his promises for us, especially for those he called to serve him, A life like Jesus should be emulated.

But buying a jet for the work of God is simply bringing in materialism into the gospel and the work of God,
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by khufu: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2008
@ fyneguy
you need a psychiatric test. i could remember you are the same idiot who started the fake testimony thread. maybe daddy [b]GO[/b]at might be able to deliver you, ask him as you are one of his dogs. i wish you soonest recovery.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by sley4life(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2008
I have taken time to study comments made and im in support of Davidylan. This is the end time so such a statement are needed. Buy Private Jet if u like, Buy the universe if u want we shall meet in judgement day and encounter for the ordeal we encountered on Earth. You guys will be surprised with the caliber of people on the LEFT handside of God in the Judgement day,
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2008
Tpia,

What part of the quote do you think I dont understand? and what is your strange understanding of the quote?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by software(m): 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2008
Lets look at the way of life, one of the Richest men in the world, Warren buffet,

Warren Buffet, the second richest man who has donated $31 billion to charity. Here are some very interesting aspects of his life: 1) He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late! 2) He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.3)

He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid-town Omaha ,that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.4) He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.5) He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world's largest private jet company.6) His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies.

LETS EMULATE A LIFE LIKE THIS, God's plan is always the best, if there is a cencellation of Pastor Adeboye's flight, then its not the will of God for him to be there, thats it, GOd never fails, he is a faitufull God,
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2008
bangbang

lest I forget, that you have a brand new car or even 1000 houses is not the kind of zion prosperity we talk about. It's not in what you have to show for it but what you offer through God's investment in your life.

infact, that's a symptom of a poor spirit. the zion prosperity is in the nature of God which the new life in Christ offers. If you think all life offers to give is "i don't need a jet, i live a very comfortable life, i drive about in a new car and browse the net from the comfort of my home' then you are very very poor.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by software(m): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2008
sley4life:

I have taken time to study comments made and im in support of Davidylan. This is the end time so such a statement are needed. Buy Private Jet if u like, Buy the universe if u want we shall meet in judgement day and encounter for the ordeal we encountered on Earth. You guys will be surprised with the caliber of people on the LEFT handside of God in the Judgement day,

TRUE TALK oooooooooooooooooooooo,
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by sley4life(m): 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2008
I wish u guys know what is $20miillion? Its not 20million naira. I read comments of people saying why not enter a danfoe or bus instead of buying a car, The price of car varies. Its not much in terms of average earning to get a car. But do u know what 2.3Billion naira is to Nigeria. Even some countries budget isnt up to that. Why not get an Helicopter for 200million naira instead of Private Jet. Please all the Beggars in the street should rush to RCCG and ask for their own quota. I wish i will come to the place of worship and ask the GO for 1,000 naira cos im poor and dont have money and if he doesnt give me then i will finalise my comment
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nigeria17: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2008
First of all who told you people that pastor adeboye want to buy a jet. Do not believe everything you read in a newspaper. They are just trying to sell their own paper.

I am going to share this very private information of mine with you. I am nigerian like you know, but i just not listen to every nigerian pastor because i don't want to be mislead. I became a born again christain at 13 years. I rose to one of the administrator of one of the Redeemed church. And i would tell you their are 419 pastors even outside redeemed church. Some satan people have become pastor in churches worldwide. in all churches not only redeemed.

I honestly will tell you churches worldwide now are now be taken over by  419. And there is rivalry within churches. Look if this story is not true. I can boost that this information is coming from another Nigeria church to destroy the RCCG. churches in nigeria are now rival. And I think if this information is coming from as another nigeria churches, we all know that church. pastors do not have to perform miracle with actors, openning the eyes of the blind men who really can see. AND you do not need a jerry curl to be a pastor. just be yourself and be true to God.

i do not want to share my experience why i  left nigeria church,  may God help the nigeria. they need to come back to God. either redeemed, deeper life or others.

the little the upright have is more than the plenty of the evil men. I do not have to scam people out of their money, I can't not sleep in 2 room at once. It is only fool that  goes about killing himself after what  he would never use. I have taken nothing into this world, the day i leave this world. I am going with nothing. All this your properity pastor are trying to scam you.

that why I love White. they do not own much in life and really do not care. They enjoy their live here on earth , when it is time to go home, they go.

Musiwa

http://.com
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by software(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2008
LEts even look at it from another horizon. I'll like to ask, WITH THE LEVEL OF CHURCHES ALL OVER THE PLACE. IS  NIGERIA SAVED?

What are the men of God doing? are they busy with the work which God has sent them to do? or they are busy amassing funds to buy a jet?

why leave or travel out of the country, when ur own country is not yet saved? when Nigeria is still soaked in Corruptioin and so much of demonic activities?

A life like Jesus should be emulated, and the bible should be our starndard.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by tpia: 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2008
fyneguy: go back and reread your post. I'm not your pastor obviously, so you don't need to listen to any view contradicting your own juvenile one. undecided

Now, with all your shouting here, please show us your own jet which God gave you as a result of your great faith and understanding of the bible. undecided
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Kemjisuper(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2008
No comments! undecided
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2008
So we now see Pastor Adeboye as the GO of RCCG Nigeria only?

He should buy an helicopter because the church parishes are only in Nigeria?

At this juncture, I have to rest my case. There's no point making a liittle mind contain a bigger picture than it can contain
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2008
lol

Software,

living a simple life is as relative as the motive behind it. If I decided to live in a one room apartment, yet I stole money from govt coffers or the church's account n kept in a swiss account, have I lived a simple life? would the simple life take me to heaven? That simple life would ofcourse impress you and probably earn "a humble man of God" status from you.

The issue here is the motive behind what we do. why does he need a jet? may be you have to be in his shoes to see reasons.

who says one can not be busier than Jesus was? what was the population of the world in His days? Didnt He say greater things shall ye do? You think if anybody beat His record, He would get angry?

If only you knew the mind of God,
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2008
lol

so many laughable lines,

@Nigeria1

well if the story were to be true, would you come back here and say "Pastor Adeboye is no more with God?''

I almost found it difficult to believe you pastored a church in RCCG, but again, babes in christ may find their ways to lead sha.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2008
@tpia,

I said Jesus was made poor that I might be rich, so what is your contention bro?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by LadyJ1: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2008
wats d crime in buying a private jet

pple will always judge ,as if they themselves are perfect

all of u preaching charity,how much have u given out to the less priviledge

im very sure dat ur penny wont go out to the needy,nonsense
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nigeria17: 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2008
my brother fyneguy, I would assume you do not know me very well. Even in the redeemed they know me for my ability to speak my mind. I do not have to agree with church policy, the only thing i have to agree with is God's policy. They would all tell you  i really do sometime do not agree with some of the decision. It is not a sin to share a different opinion. I love Pastor Adeboye, but i do not have to agree with him, even his wife do not have to agree with him. If you notice sometime i would tell you i love president yar adua, but sometime i would disagree with his policy.  Like him using miltary option in the niger delta. Turai Yar adua does not have to agree with Shehu on all issue. I have to do what is inline with God policy my brother.

Redeemed may have the money to buy a private jet but like you all have said. they do not need it. The voice of men sometime is also the voice of God, what will not bring glory to GOD. we should not do.

Musiwa

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by software(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2008
fyneguy:

lol

Software,

living a simple life is as relative as the motive behind it. If I decided to live in a one room apartment, yet I stole money from govt coffers or the church's account n kept in a swiss account, have I lived a simple life? would the simple life take me to heaven? That simple life would ofcourse impress you and probably earn "a humble man of God" status from you.

The issue here is the motive behind what we do. why does he need a jet? may be you have to be in his shoes to see reasons.

who says one can not be busier than Jesus was? what was the population of the world in His days? Didnt He say greater things shall ye do?  You think if anybody beat His record, He would get angry?

If only you knew the mind of God,

firstly, who told you warren buffet stole money from the Govt coffers? Nobody will steal from the govt coffers or get money through and illegal way and live a simply life, It is never possible, If u know of any let me know, or is babangida living a simply life? Warren B way of life impresses me simply because, he lives a modest life, irrespective of how much he has,

If i am in the shoes of Pas Adeboye, i rather help other True churches of God, build structures. take care of the beggers, we still have beggers roaming all over the streets, so many ppl at the hospitals, lacking money to take care of themselves, the unemployed youths are there, Do u care to know the number of people who die daily as a result of inadequacy to get money for treatements in the hospital?

Talking about population of jesus while he was on earth, Listen bro, Jesus christ suffered during his ministry we all know it, He needed to be comforted, he needed a jet also, but yet, he was more concerned about the work of God, healing the sick e.t.c he was simply in all his doing, tell me which other ministry can supplant that of Jesus Christ?  Yet he was flesh and blood like we all. He suffered just because of us, yet people who are supposed to emulate him, say they need a jet. Jesus chrsit performed miracles even without been there physically,

Pas Adeboye is a respected man of God,  and i know God is using him alot, but am not OKAY with the idea of Buying a JET, Its would cause alot of mayhem to the gospel and the work of GOd.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2008
LadyJ,

my sister abeg no vex.

many are against it out of envy. Many wish Pastor Adeboye saw them in a vision and asked that the money be sent to them. The laughable underlining reasons are endless.

Let me add this: Pastor Adeboye wouldnt have decided to buy the jet, if it wasnt approved of God. I know why I said this. I dont attend his church but I have attended his programs many times at the university of Ibadan. He's not given to material things! and he's often weary of public opinions which I held against him.

So If he decided to buy a jet for obvious reasons, of which I dont need to be told, then it's approved of God.

God did not have to seek our opinions on it.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2008
@Khufu

lol

Just relax my good friend. May be your church should do more than its doing now to 'rescue' those of us that have been 'misled'. Abi dont you care to see us make heaven like you 'will'?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2008
Software,

First, I never used Buffet as a reference to make my point.

Second, I know many military guys, famous human right activists (one is even my client), politicians who live what you call simple lives yet have stolen, some are still stealing money. Sorry I wont mention names here.
What you need to know is that they do that for reputation sake. They have things kept away from public glare.

Now as regards the jet issue, you have refused to consider the motive behind it. Nothing is wrong with deploying resources to make your ministry's operations smoother. Your 'caring guy' suggestion that the money should have been used to cater for the less privileged is misplaced. RCCG is not going to abadon its charity obligations because of the jet.

If Jesus were to come in this age and He found the jet necessary to reach the world, He would get it.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by LadyJ1: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2008
fyneguy:

LadyJ,

my sister abeg no vex.

many are against it out of envy. Many wish Pastor Adeboye saw them in a vision and asked that the money be sent to them. The laughable underlining reasons are endless.

Let me add this: Pastor Adeboye wouldnt have decided to buy the jet, if it wasnt approved of God. I know why I said this. I don't attend his church but I have attended his programs many times at the university of Ibadan. He's not given to material things! and he's often weary of public opinions which I held against him.

So If he decided to buy a jet for obvious reasons, of which I don't need to be told, then it's approved of God.

God did not have to seek our opinions on it.

my brother i no vex jare,i just no dey like to stuck my nose for wetin no concern me

like u said,maybe its this same God that told him to buy this jet,afterall d same bible says that as the heaven is higher dan d earth,so r his ways higher dan ours,his tots are higher dan ours so why r we acting as if ,God can not tell him to buy d jet

i don't like condemning people or calling people names because i am not perfect,so all this ojukokoros should stop giving themselves head ache and calling the man a retard,or a fake man of God ,or watever,how do they know that hes fake?r they God?must dey now help God do his work?

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee make i hear word for all this jugdemental people,na so so so judging them know,instead of them to make better use of their head and try to make it in life,they r here killing themselves over one man

where is d proof that he's using d church's money to buy d jet?nonsense
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2008
Nigeria1,

You dont have to agree with the G.O. I have no problem with that.

Now you talked about not doing things that would not bring glory to God. wow, that's a good line but can you tell me, probably by making refs to the scripture, what yardsticks are used to know what brings glory to God. You may conclude by relating such to the jet matter.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nigeria17: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2008
I said I do not have to agree with church policy and not the GO
fyneguy, you said" your ministry's operations smoother. "  

Look the time is not right to buy a jet, most of the redeemed mission abroad have not paid off their mortgage, if you people have that much cash in nigeria, you can send them to those church abroad. I remember when we started a redemeed church over here more than a decade ago  myself , femi , olumiluwa sister and tiwa bear most of the cost. And i know it is still the same for many of their churches abroad. $20 million  can help some of their churches get a right footing.

Musiwa

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2008
Nigeria1

hmmm

I quite understand your concern however that's from a human point of view. Most of such advice disciples of Jesus gave sounded reasonable too but we both know Jesus acted otherwise.

Usually in church adminstration, especially pertaining to branches, the branches are mandated to operate with little or no dependence on the HQ. In fact the branches often are expected to remit 20% of their offering to the centre.

A branch that started off with mortgage should not necessarily wait for the centre to pay up. Overdependence on the centre often makes the branches sleep off.

In any case, such issues can still be handled by the centre, even with the acquisition of the jet.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nigeria17: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2008
Fyneguy no matter how you try, you are wasting your time. Stop talking about jet. From a human point of view, that is nonsense. who told you that Pastor Adeboye said God said he should buy a private jet now.

My brother. God vision is sometime not now now as men want. it may take time. I don't see how it would make their church operations smoother. Take this from me. Redeemed would in future have a plane. but it should not be a private jet for pastor adeboye. a plane  everybody  can use. Not for an individual. like i said God vision for my life is different from that of PAstor Adeboye.

God vision for my life is preparing the second coming of christ. It is to share the true word of God , not out of favour, and not to scam people for their money.  Look go and ask those who know me. I would prefer to die a poor man than die a rich man with so much sorrow. I do not scam people. and i do not do 419.  I wish them well. My boys need. 

Musiwa

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2024: This Year No Gree For Any Devil! / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.