Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Question - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question (7778 Views)

I Have A Confession To Make...no Insults Just Forgive / She Traded Insults With Her Boyfriend's Dad On Nairaland / I Love White Women And I'm Not Ashamed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question by Goldenboy842(m): 3:25am On Nov 19, 2013
joechima: I am a 29year old serving corps member batch A but still does not know how to approach and ask a lady out,presently asking a 18year old out and already feeling like a loser.pls what's the way out no insults pls
Take a little of Nigerian local gin.
Ur eyes becomes red
U no longer smile
U go to her n speak d shit in ur mide without stoping.
D next tyn she u, were z ur hus.
She start loving U die. Ok
Re: Question by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 19, 2013
baralatie: okay!i totaly see what u ar saying and where u ar coming 4rm.(u prefer her to av at least an educatn,experience & empowrmt b4 coming to choices lik dez)
understood!

Now this is where u women CONFUSE me!
are you saying at age 18yr a lady should not be intimately involved?

If it was my sister, then I would tell her to steer clear of a 29 year old corper and face her studies. She can find a nice teenage learner in school. A 29, he is bound to have old friends, old goals, and old opinions. She'll be young and want to go to movies, go out with her teenage friends, go to concerts, blast obnoxious pop music 24/7, and do other teenage things, things a nearly-30 corper has since outgrown.

1 Like

Re: Question by baralatie(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2013
ogugua88:

If it was my sister, then I would tell her to steer clear of a 29 year old corper and face her studies. She can find a nice teenage learner in school. A 29, he is bound to have old friends, old goals, and old opinions. She'll be young and want to go to movies, go out with her teenage friends, go to concerts, blast obnoxious pop music 24/7, and do other teenage things, things a nearly-30 corper has since outgrown.
gud!what will u do if this 18yr old girl u described above(aving a gr8 tim)met a 19yr old (graduat 4 covenant univ.) teen who proposed marriage to her and she is in luv wit him.wil u consent?
Re: Question by Yusphull(m): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2013
Tabh: Spineless old corper....just 18year old thing is giving you headache grin grin

Don't make jest of him joor.. You can be ur brothers keeper by giving him clue coz the guy is clueless... wink
Re: Question by Dubemkelly(m): 8:04am On Nov 19, 2013
U have low self esteem n 1st,I advise u make friends with them,be real n figure out d kinda woman u desire n if u discover dat,feel free to take d frndship 2 d next level. Some guys come like dat n its a gradual process 4 u to come out of ur comfort zone

1 Like

Re: Question by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2013
baralatie: gud!what will u do if this 18yr old girl u described above(aving a gr8 tim)met a 19yr old (graduat 4 covenant univ.) teen who proposed marriage to her and she is in luv wit him.wil u consent?

I'd advise her against it in all honesty. 18 is quite young for marriage. I'd like for her to finish school and get a job. Women that marry early tend to not finish their education, leading to unemployment, and they also have children earlier. More times than not, providing for children before the parents have reached 25 years of age is burdensome. No one would want that for their loved ones.

1 Like

Re: Question by baralatie(m): 9:26am On Nov 19, 2013
ogugua88:

I'd advise her against it in all honesty. 18 is quite young for marriage. I'd like for her to finish school and get a job. Women that marry early tend to not finish their education, leading to unemployment, and they also have children earlier. More times than not, providing for children before the parents have reached 25 years of age is burdensome. No one would want that for their loved ones.
u ar declaring at age 18 a woman cannot attain empowerment in terms of economic affluence & social priviledges!

What u ar also saying at age 18 a young girl is a the bottom of a womans' laddes of relevance.

I want to put u on a ladies hot seat.at what
age would u consider rit 4 a woman to get married alongside being economicaly empowerd
Re: Question by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 19, 2013
baralatie: u ar declaring at age 18 a woman cannot attain empowerment in terms of economic affluence & social priviledges!

What u ar also saying at age 18 a young girl is a the bottom of a womans' laddes of relevance.

I want to put u on a ladies hot seat.at what
age would u consider rit 4 a woman to get married alongside being economicaly empowerd

A woman should get married when she's ready. Women are ready to marry at different times; it depends on the person. So, there is no perfect or ideal age. However, statistics show that those who marry early are less successful than those who wait. They're more likely to be unemployed, more likely to not finish school, more likely to use federal assistance (depending on the country), and more likely to live in poverty/lower classes.

The likelihood of an 18 or 19-year-old being financially stable for marriage and starting a family is usually slim. There are people who marry young and do okay, but there are many who do it and suffer. So, young marriage isn't something I'd advise to a sibling or anyone else for that matter.
Re: Question by baralatie(m): 10:06am On Nov 19, 2013
ogugua88:

A woman should get married when she's ready. Women are ready to marry at different times; it depends on the person. So, there is no perfect or ideal age. However, statistics show that those who marry early are less successful than those who wait. They're more likely to be unemployed, more likely to not finish school, more likely to use federal assistance (depending on the country), and more likely to live in poverty/lower classes.

The likelihood of an 18 or 19-year-old being financially stable for marriage and starting a family is usually slim. There are people who marry young and do okay, but there are many who do it and suffer. So, young marriage isn't something I'd advise to a sibling or anyone else for that matter.
lolz!women are created wit gud sense of humor!
U cleverly avoided the ladies hot seat!
(wic means u thrown the tread back open)

ok!let me rephrase my question"do u think a girl child is entitled to graduate 4rn a univ. At age 18 and be employed witout social discrimination"
Re: Question by MrsChima(f): 10:08am On Nov 19, 2013
joechima: I am a 29year old serving corps member batch A but still does not know how to approach and ask a lady out,presently asking a 18year old out and already feeling like a loser.pls what's the way out no insults pls

You are sure....no insults?

Damn!
Re: Question by Agrika: 10:41am On Nov 19, 2013
Na ppl like u dey molest small babies cos u lack d courage to "toast" matured, over 18 babes..
Re: Question by joechima: 11:47am On Nov 19, 2013
Agrika: Na ppl like u dey molest small babies cos u lack d courage to "toast" matured, over 18 babes..
I am not and ll never be a child molester but all I am saying is that in all every area of my seems great but dealing with woman is a problem and I am seeking solutions.Even if I don't go after the girl in question,I need solutions."Advice no be curse abeg"
Re: Question by emekanairaland(m): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2013
ogugua88:

An 18-year-old is a teenage adult. How many teenagers are ready for relationships with adults?

Even though age is just a number, I see no reason as to why an adult would be chasing a teenager (unless he's like 22 and she's 18). If it was my sister, I would tell him to steer clear of the OP... and you. Maybe the age gap and the fact that he's old and she's fresh is the reason he's feeling somehow and running to Nairaland for advice.
will u agree to date him........? at least u b adult na
Re: Question by nkwachiabel(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
baralatie:
lolz!women are created wit gud sense of humor!
U cleverly avoided the ladies hot seat!
(wic means u thrown the tread back open)

ok!let me rephrase my question"do u think a girl child is entitled to graduate 4rn a univ. At age 18 and be employed witout social discrimination"
How is that even possible in the first place A graduate @ 18yrs?? So when did she start second skul, when did she finish that she'll graduate @ d age of 18?? That's nt possible. She can't even be employed in a job that's meant for B.sc Holders. Think of it
Re: Question by mcdokwe(m): 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2013
I will tell you one thing that has been very effective with me... even though girls like to be asked out, one who would eventually date you wouldn't to be asked out...they want to first notice things that are endearing about you, be pals with you then eventually lovers... so if there are gifts you have, you might want to use its instrumentality. one good thing about this is that you could get a dozen of them as friends and then choose whom to make your lover.... but I have to warn you, if indeed you are as endearing as I am wink some girls might automatically see you as their lovers even without you wanting or asking them out them and classify you a cheat for being friends with others
Re: Question by baralatie(m): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
nkwachiabel: How is that even possible in the first place A graduate @ 18yrs?? So when did she start second skul, when did she finish that she'll graduate @ d age of 18?? That's nt possible. She can't even be employed in a job that's meant for B.sc Holders. Think of it
let me give u a list of confirm teenage graduates:
uac housing estate (site engineer purchase and logistics-19yrs old femal grad covenant uriv)be4 she went 4 her n.y.sc.sch finishd 6 mnths ahead of tim
edward(veritas-21yrs 3rd oldest in clas of chem eng2010)
4 accounting student unilag & petrochem(on scholarship eng.
Uniife (computer scienc 18yr)
mrs(femal gov aspirant lagos graduat 18yrs wen she left univ abroad)

d list is growing ASUU or no ASUU.
Re: Question by lilboiblu: 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Bros ye,dis wan na deliverance case o..if u nor fit ask woman out...ask man na..no go grow liver.
Re: Question by baralatie(m): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
nkwachiabel: How is that even possible in the first place A graduate @ 18yrs?? So when did she start second skul, when did she finish that she'll graduate @ d age of 18?? That's nt possible. She can't even be employed in a job that's meant for B.sc Holders. Think of it
already by ur words u cannot and will not give oppurtunity!(but this ur view is a mans' view)

our commodore ogugua
" has not given her view
Re: Question by 4urMind: 5:46am On Nov 20, 2013
ogugua88:

in as much as I like to agree with u, I beg to disagree. u sound too bias in generating ur points pardon me. if I don't know better, I will say u av issues with teenage or teenagers.
I tried as much as I could to develop a logical premise for ur argument but I couldn't.

A woman should get married when she's ready. Women are ready to marry at different times; it depends on the person. So, there is no perfect or ideal age.

I absolutely agree with that.

However, statistics show that those who marry early are less successful than those who wait. They're more likely to be unemployed, more likely to not finish school, more likely to use federal assistance (depending on the country) , and more likely to live in poverty/lower classes.

I won't discredit that because there is no reference to the statistics u sited but because it is not a general case as u pointed out. and the word early can be relative.

my question to u;
- how many Nigeria women are "successful" b4 marriage?
- when do university degree become a sole determinant to becoming successful? (base on ur evaluation, u are referring to a degree)
- are u from Nigeria? I avn't heard of the federal assistance given to those who married early as a result become unsuccessful (bring ur argument home)
- is it possible for a 18years old lady to be "successful" and a 35years old lady not to be "successful"?
- should a lady not get married because she didn't go to school?

this make me to wonder which country u are from, u seem not to know that in Nigeria the husband pay the bills most times irrespective of the number of degrees the wife has.

your conclusion shows that u base ur whole claim on opinion rather than fact.

moreover, the guy In question didn't say he want to marry th3 girl. cut them a slack pls.
Re: Question by Ariyke: 12:56am On Nov 22, 2013
sagytarius™:
I'm reading. stop hitting the table angry
undecided
Re: Question by joechima: 8:26am On Dec 23, 2013
Thanks@ all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Real Cute And Cool Dudes I've Noticed On This Section / Please Help Me, How Can I Toast A Girl? / If Your Bea Dresses Like This To Greet Your Parent, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.