Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately (31269 Views)

FG Directs Depots To Sell Kerosene At N73.37k Per Litre / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Image123(m): 12:47am On Nov 29, 2013
This is serious. The fellows hailing the government here are either not students r do not know what they are doing as students. The ASUU people hold the lives of thousands of undergraduates, masters, phd students etc. Some of them are with your semester results ranging from current to past four semesters and even more. They know that they can well affrd to hold the government to ransom. They can always get another job. Meanwhile, they cannot be well replaced in six months. If anything, the students should be on ASUU's side in a way.
It should not be hard for the FG to sign an agreement formally r pay the lecturers compared to the national hazard of sacking and employing which is just not feasible. This is not rivers state politics, wike. No thinking person IN NIGERIA imagined that the ASUU would not be paid while they were n strike. It was always a win win for them. It is the government that ought to have foreseen this and acted earlier. Why didn't the so called 13 hour world recors meeting take place one week into the strike?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by imauri: 12:55am On Nov 29, 2013
sakaguchi:
And the question is, why should they be paid? Did they work?
i see you havent eaten the banana and ur lack of its nurishing values enables u display ur brazen foolishness and hopelessness ...... endeavour to kill yourself when they get paid... because they will. lol... i still firmly believe that ur head is no good on ur neck and should be gently placed in ur own ass.. i think thats where it belongs .....lol
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by superstar1(m): 2:02am On Nov 29, 2013
I
Image123: This is serious. The fellows hailing the government here are either not students r do not know what they are doing as students. The ASUU people hold the lives of thousands of undergraduates, masters, phd students etc. Some of them are with your semester results ranging from current to past four semesters and even more. They know that they can well affrd to hold the government to ransom. They can always get another job. Meanwhile, they cannot be well replaced in six months. If anything, the students should be on ASUU's side in a way.
It should not be hard for the FG to sign an agreement formally r pay the lecturers compared to the national hazard of sacking and employing which is just not feasible. This is not rivers state politics, wike. No thinking person IN NIGERIA imagined that the ASUU would not be paid while they were n strike. It was always a win win for them. It is the government that ought to have foreseen this and acted earlier. Why didn't the so called 13 hour world recors meeting take place one week into the strike?
Spare us those stories.

Where were you when molestation and blackmailing of female students is the order of the day on all campuses.

Where were you when they are always extorting money from students.

Tell us the meaningful research they have made in the last 10years.

They van eat the results they have with them who bloody cares again. They have it for the past 5months, did heaven fall. What is the assurance that the rats have not eaten the results where they kept it.

Nigerians should ask ASUU fundamentals questions on what are they doing on the rot in their association. They are bunch of molesters, extortionists without any moral justification to be holding FG into ransom.

ASUU should tell us, what will be the compensation for the students for the time they have lost.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Image123(m): 2:12am On Nov 29, 2013
superstar1: I
Spare us those stories.

Where were you when molestation and blackmailing of female students is the order of the day on all campuses.

Where were you when they are always extorting money from students.

Tell us the meaningful research they have made in the last 10years.

They van eat the results they have with them who bloody cares again. They have it for the past 5months, did heaven fall. What is the assurance that the rats have not eaten the results where they kept it.

Nigerians should ask ASUU fundamentals questions on what are they doing on the rot in their association. They are bunch of molesters, extortionists without any moral justification to be holding FG into ransom.

ASUU should tell us, what will be the compensation for the students for the time they have lost.

And you're 100% certain that all these problem will fly away once ASUU lecturers are sacked and new people recruited, right?
So, what's your solution for missin results? Some students(undergrad, M.Sc and phds) have nt seen their previous semesters and tests results, what hapens to them again?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by superstar1(m): 2:30am On Nov 29, 2013
Image123:

And you're 100% certain that all these problem will fly away once ASUU lecturers are sacked and new people recruited, right?
So, what's your solution for missin results? Some students(undergrad, M.Sc and phds) have nt seen their previous semesters and tests results, what hapens to them again?

I am.not in support of them being sacked but ASUU should be made to.answer those fundamental questions too.

They are not saints that they are trying to portray themselves to be.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by pcnwamadi(m): 2:40am On Nov 29, 2013
Demdem:

What will Jonathan do to them? Send them to jail?
from ur comments on NL topics I have come to d conclusion dat u ve absolutely notin upstairs.. wat does jail have to do here? Why are u so insensitive and lack common sense? If dey refuse to come to work, FG (dere employer) declares dere position vacant. Is it so hard for ur dull brains to comprehend? Jeeez. Dis guy will commit suicide one day wit d rate at which he is frustrated. My broda Jonathan didnt cause ur suffering, blame it on ur poor father. .wen his mates were hustling, were was he? Just like ur mates are hustling and making money, ur always here on NL typin absolute rubish. I pitty ur unborn children

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 5:15am On Nov 29, 2013
Lordsonempire:

If this is how u reason in real life then I pity ur generation. U don't even think of d students.

Why don't u share ur own reasoning and let's analyze ur acute stupidity?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by ba7man(m): 5:49am On Nov 29, 2013
Dealing with a stubborn body like ASSU requires wisdom not threats and orders.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by kenzspunpy(m): 6:00am On Nov 29, 2013
Demdem:

What will Jonathan do to them? Send them to jail?

You call the President of your country "Jonathan"? Even if he is weak and you don't like him, does it have to get to that? President of your country? And you want Nigeria to be a better place yet u can't show basic respect to constituted authorities? What is this nairaland turning into self? Obviously you don't respect your parents and you can never be a leader. I blame your parents for giving birth to you. Now I know why this country is in a mess; parents breeding vagabonds....

5 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by stevnwigw1: 6:21am On Nov 29, 2013
Image123:

no problem the new lecturers can give us a new exam but the most important thing is that this bunch of wicked men have been removed and replace with people who will likely learn from predisassors mistakes.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by fiizznation: 6:30am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by tomzman: 6:35am On Nov 29, 2013
Gbajabiamila1: There's no big deal housing N200 BILLION Naira in CBN pending when it'd be disbursed? #Economics. What type of agreement would you sign and say the AGF must sign too? They may evenwant Obama to sign too to show the Government's commitment... I laugh!
If this is coming from a youth, them I'm tempted to say that Nigeria has a poor future. A serious government would do anything it takes to prove it's seriousness. QED.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by tomzman: 6:37am On Nov 29, 2013
kalimera101:
U are only shaking your head. Sorry.
But please eh, head shaker, employ me, I refuse to work for u for say 5 months, then after I tell u pay me my 5 months salary. Please shake ur head that time too. No one is adding a sentimental bullshit to this particular ASUU demand. In fact I say the demand itself is a load of crap. So stop shaking ur head and think with it. This is an Open case of Blackmail. If it's still shaking, get a POP
Hey kid, lookup your dictionary for the meaning of the word 'strike' and read about the laws relating to it.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by tomzman: 6:52am On Nov 29, 2013
superstar1:

Getting paid for work not done is defrauding the nation. Where in the world is that done.

The code of conduct of civil service clearly states that no work no payment. If FG evoke it, it is within their right. You have the right to go.on strike and FG have the right to.stand by the policy.

If 13hours meeting they had with the president was just mere verbal talk without any recording or concrete agreement, it says a lot about the intelligence of our lecturers. How.will they be better than that, when r
Sleeping with girls in their offices and in hotels they forced the ladies to book for is what is in their heads.

Bunch of nonentities. The good ones had better fish out the bad ones.
You obviously have a lot of reading and research to do.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by tomzman: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2013
stevnwigw1: no problem the new lecturers can give us a new exam but the most important thing is that this bunch of wicked men have been removed and replace with people who will likely learn from predisassors mistakes.
It pains me that the level of idiocy among Nigerian youths is skyrocketing. This one is already daydreaming of having new lecturers and writing new exams grin
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by hydrazone: 7:37am On Nov 29, 2013
sakaguchi:
And thw question is, why should they be paid? Did they work?

if and when you eventually resume, are you going to continue from where you stopped before the strike or start a new session?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by superstar1(m): 7:57am On Nov 29, 2013
tomzman:
You obviously have a lot of reading and research to do.

Mr. Lecturer, tell your ASUU to answer the basic questions. You need 5months salary that you did not work for? Is that done any where in the world Mister Don?

How many female students have you victimised?
How many students have you extorted money from?
Which laudable or world recognised research have we seen from you?

They are already calculating 5 months salaries and the cars they will buy with it, whereas they did not enter the class once.

Bunch of online copy and paste lots.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by hillsate: 8:03am On Nov 29, 2013
Promhize:

Do you have comprehension issues, whose talking about compromising the future? If ASUU can be paid for the 5months they did not work, then we should be compensated too!

Watch your words if you wish to sleep well tonight.

Shallow Mind, did you go on strike that you should be compensated? Did anyone tell you to go home? Schools were not closed.
U berra grow up.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by kalimera101: 8:26am On Nov 29, 2013
tomzman:
Hey kid, lookup your dictionary for the meaning of the word 'strike' and read about the laws relating to it.
Well, Grand pa, u don't work, u don't get paid. The reasons why you went on strike can be resolved, but u don't get paid for not working period.
I forgot to add. I hope ur new salary will help u update the note u will use to teach ur students that was Compiled in 1989
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 8:33am On Nov 29, 2013
Akainzo:

Have you thought about the below stuff:
1. Who will conduct the interviews for the "new" lecturers?
2. Where will the "new" Professors spring from?
3. Who will now accredit the universities with "new" lecturers?
4. When there are no qualified lecturers, not staff members, would you have a university?
5. The "new" lecturers, are they going to be banned from joining ASUU?

This is the way of fools. Act first before thinking.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 8:35am On Nov 29, 2013
lymelyte:

So you are here again to spit out what your dead brain cells told you to abi?.. now I see,you are nothing but a shameless ape trying to justify your ignorance. I would ask how old you are, but I know you can't count that high.
I can see The only positive thing about you is your HIV status.If you really want to know about mistakes you should ask your parents.
I repeat,if you ever quote me again,i will deal with u personally.

Fool, what has this gat to do with Jonathan insincerity.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Tickytock(m): 8:53am On Nov 29, 2013
FG's aim now is to destabilize ASUU which dy ar likely going to achieve.ASUU shud knw beta n play deir cards well,deir union is alredi under threat.I see a court case coming up which the FG would use to deal with ASUU.ASUU NEC did nt give them lecturing jobs bt FG did.This would further weaken deir membership support of d strike wen sum lecturers decide to work due to the fact that they av nt been paid for months n d ASUU NEC wud nt pay them.One thing students shud knw is dat d FG is nt really bothered by d strike,cos dy av notin to loose,Students wud loose a lot so wud lecturers loose deir salaries.ASUU shud av taken d bow sum weeks ago wen d ovation was loudest.U can't fight d FG who has both d money,ur jobs n d court if u decide to run dere

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 29, 2013
hillsate:

Shallow Mind, did you go on strike that you should be compensated? Did anyone tell you to go home? Schools were not closed.
U berra grow up.

Don't you dare quote me again, good for nothing mo.ron.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by lymelyte(m): 8:58am On Nov 29, 2013
Ticky tock: FG's aim now is to destabilize ASUU which dy ar likely going to achieve.ASUU shud knw beta n play deir cards well,deir union is alredi under threat.I see a court case coming up which the FG would use to deal with ASUU.ASUU NEC did nt give them lecturing jobs bt FG did.This would further weaken deir membership support of d strike wen sum lecturers decide to work due to the fact that they av nt been paid for months n d ASUU NEC wud nt pay them.One thing students shud knw is dat d FG is nt really bothered by d strike,cos dy av notin to loose,Students wud loose a lot so wud lecturers loose deir salaries.ASUU shud av taken d bow sum weeks ago wen s ovation was loudest.U can't fight d FG who has both d money n ur jobs,who wud loose
So true
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Melakuchikala(f): 9:01am On Nov 29, 2013
fiizznation: see u guys shd beta stop dis nonsense.. Ohh so now u see insulting d president as a bad thing jst bcuz he is ur own? Mtscheew when u fooools were buzy calling the late yar'adua ( r.I.p) all sorts of names, and also the former president obj, u didn't see dat as insults? U lots shd beta take ur time here...

Rubbish, Jonathan is very dumb if he thinks using force to solve this ASUU issue ll get him somewhere.. Jonathan, jonadunce, jonagoat, Jonathan. All dis are his names. I want to see d pesin that ll come and hang me angry
. U still have no right to call ur leaders names. Even if everyone is doing it, must u and the rest insulting the president join them? Children of these days have a VERY long way to go. I don't seem to understand this generation.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2013
shikaan: u really embarrsed urself today o.. ur comment got very few likes.. wat r u, Faggie's son? ( i shuld call him ffffag.got) buh am better than u sorry.

Who is interested in ur miserable likes. Do u think am here to excites u? Nonsense.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2013
Pls those of you reffering to those in support of this action as ignorant,should convincingly defend these; why did ASUU not present all its requirements during their meeting with president? Why wait for 3 weeks after this meeting to present fresh demands? Why spend 2 weeks mourning a member, when such national issue is at stake? Is it that they feel no urgency to make a resolution? Pls if you can't give reasonable answers to these, then don't attack people who are voicing their opinion on an issue that would affect their lives. www.nairaland.com/1531025/why-should-ASUU-run-life

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2013
pcnwamadi:
from ur comments on NL topics I have come to d conclusion dat u ve absolutely notin upstairs.. wat does jail have to do here? Why are u so insensitive and lack common sense? If dey refuse to come to work, FG (dere employer) declares dere position vacant. Is it so hard for ur dull brains to comprehend? Jeeez. Dis guy will commit suicide one day wit d rate at which he is frustrated. My broda Jonathan didnt cause ur suffering, blame it on ur poor father. .wen his mates were hustling, were was he? Just like ur mates are hustling and making money, ur always here on NL typin absolute rubish. I pitty ur unborn children

Nddc contract seller, u aren't makung sense. Ur criminal activities have obviously affected ur reasoning. U are doomed no doubt.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2013
kenzspunpy:

You call the President of your country "Jonathan"? Even if he is weak and you don't like him, does it have to get to that? President of your country? And you want Nigeria to be a better place yet u can't show basic respect to constituted authorities? What is this nairaland turning into self? Obviously you don't respect your parents and you can never be a leader. I blame your parents for giving birth to you. Now I know why this country is in a mess; parents breeding vagabonds....

Now I know that ur parents are vagabonds. Thanks for sharing fool.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Iaz93: 9:22am On Nov 29, 2013
gringringrin
Y'all are very very very funny!

...Y'all think the lecturers won't resume? HUH? undecided

Just watch it!
Most lecturers are saying they are tired of the strike. Some have been without cash for the past 5 months. Do you think they'll still stay at home?

I bet, 90% of lecturers would resume. Nobody would put the well-being of his/her family on the line. You think being jobless is a small thing? Go and ask people that are unemployed.

My uncle suffered before he got a job as a lecturer in A.B.U. If he likes he shouldn't resume. gringrin He'll go back to the streets grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Mcbussy(m): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2013
Iaz93: gringringrin
Y'all are very very very funny!

...Y'all think the lecturers won't resume? HUH? undecided

Just watch it!
Most lecturers are saying they are tired of the strike. Some have been without cash for the past 5 months. Do you think they'll still stay at home?

I bet, 90% of lecturers would resume. Nobody would put the well-being of his/her family on the line. You think being jobless is a small thing? Go and ask people that are unemployed.

My uncle suffered before he got a job as a lecturer in A.B.U. If he likes he shouldn't resume. gringrin He'll go back to the streets grin

kikikikiki....dix guy funny o.Abeg help me beg ur uncle to choose his job o,d streets dey red grin
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Image123(m): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2013
superstar1:

I am.not in support of them being sacked but ASUU should be made to.answer those fundamental questions too.

They are not saints that they are trying to portray themselves to be.

Unfortunately, the ASUU have the FG firmly under their grip. The government should have known this and acted quickly. They are simply irreplaceable. It is better to meet these demands(which are not unreasonable BTW) and resume soonest. The use of force will mean that the students stay at home for at least six more months before new lecturers are employed, less competent hands would be employed, many lives' settings would be literally damaged, you can't rule out violence and injustice to follow nd the most to suffer will be innocents, foreigners may have to be employed to come lecture which is severl steps backward in the big picture, and the Nigerian system is such that allows all your complaints to repaeat itself with any set of people, victimisation and incompetence is ingrained in our society not just ASUU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

2019: Buhari Turns To Oyo In Move To Secure South-west Votes / John Ogunjobi Stabbed To Death In London. Photo / Yahaya Bello: I Will Defeat Atiku Before 2pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.