Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately (31247 Views)

FG Directs Depots To Sell Kerosene At N73.37k Per Litre / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
excell12go:

If JONATHAN is really serious with these promises of his, why is he finding it difficult to put it in writing with his signature and official stamp
So you want ASUU to call off now and go on strike again next year if He(Jonathan) fails to honour his 'air promises' abi?
Thats just the problem, ASUU says they ll end the strike as soon as the govt puts it down on paper. This shows that the govt is not sincere, if you can make a promise then signing your pledge shouldn't be an issue.
As for sacking all lecturers it is just like sacking all military men or all civil servants. They are just joking.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Idokosolomon(m): 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
ASUU should pls have a rethink over this matter becos it is the Nigeria students that is suffering it.Note,President,senators,ministers nd cos childern ar not in the public Universities.Some privat Universities ar supporting federal government nd some lecturers has join privat University.Now it is time for other lecturers to think wise.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Youngzedd:

Can you stop using that Jonathan, for crying out loud He is number one citizen of this country and He deserve some respect.

An insincere leader deserves to be stoned.

3 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by taharqa: 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tadon200: if any student should support FG that person is daft. After jona met with ASUU and thrashed the whole issue out ,they went back did their meeting and presented their demand ,why can't he sign it and put it in paper.
You don't expect ASUU to take his word for it and still go back to this same problem next year.
FG CAN NOT BE TRUSTED.
Who told you it has not been 'signed'?? The Agreement reached with d President has already been sent, and signd by d Permanent Secretary, Min of Education. ASUU is howeva just insisting that it shld be signd by d Attorney-General of d Federation. I read this in one of d Papers this morning. OR wait, you are want/expected d President himself to sign an agreement?.... I am not even sure they are signing another MOU altogether; the problem is that ASUU is astonishingly hoarding Info on d process, such that most people don't even know what they want again. Their NEC meeting in Kano for instance, was held under an ultra-secret place and environment, such that NO single Newspaper still know what reali went on in that meeting, except from crumbs of Info from 'Anonymous Sources'!! Want is ASUU reali up to? Want do they reali want, now ie what are their current demands? Why all d Secrecy and Shenanigans??

4 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Law-confessor:

No offence pls, but i still put it to u dat ur so called holding accountable speech is hatred beclouded sweetie.

I think u are confused. No offence.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by LMAyedun(m): 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
nuclearboy: Sign a document that you will give them 220B annually for 5 years - finish!

Its what you have promised! So why don't you want to sign it?
Hmmmm!!! What a Country we live in
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Mcbussy(m): 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
seunmsg: I support the decision of the federal government. It is high time someone calls off ASUU's bluff. How can they seat at home for 5 months and expect government to pay them all the salary arrears as a condition for resuming? ASUU can't eat their cake and still have it. If they refuse to resume, their positions should be declared vacant and young graduates who are unemployed should be recruited to take over as lecturers. Enough of mortgaging the future of Nigerian students on the altar of greedy and selfish allowances.

then at d end of d day,nigeria would produce more fresh graduates dat cant define what they'd studied for 4/5 years right?...i'm sure ur an undergraduate too and i believe u must av heard about d word "staffing".....maybe goodluck would just pack the rusty graduates walking by d road and declare dem doctors (Ph.d) and professors .
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Olaolufred(m): 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

Complete Crap. The only politics I see is the 13 hrs Jonathan told us he spent with ASUU.
His desires doesn't translate to sincerity.
Jonathan is the one playing politics depending in public sympathy and playing with ur intelligence.
Is there any wisdom in meeting but eventually not fullfilling what u agreed?

FOOLISH FOLLOWERS WILL RATHER CELEBRATE JONAH'S SITTING WITH ASUU FOR 3 DAYS THAN TO CELEBRATE THE RESULT OF SUCH MEETING.

MY OGA TOLD ME TO DESIGN AND PREPARE DRAWINGS FOR A MASSIVE RAFT FOUNDATION,
I WORKED FOR 4 DAYS (32HOURS) AND EXPECT HIM TO APPRECIATE MY WORKING ON IT FOR 4 DAYS.

IS THE WORKING HOUR NOW THE MAIN RESULT?
IT IS NOT GOOD TO BE DAFT. NO! NOT GOOD.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Then getting the AG to sign is now a problem. The office of Permanent Secretary should not even be recognized in this matter.. cos the agreement can be rendered null and void if he is retired.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Mowire: 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
This govt is neither serious nor sincere about reopening d schools. Mr President should know that this approach has never worked. If not for d habit & desire to breach agreement, what is "hard" in Mr President appending his Signing.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Roeek: 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
battnis: GEJ is now exercising his presidential power.I pity all those lecturers spearheading the indefinate strike.
starting from FAGgie
Does it matter wat he says, ASUU is a union, Jonathan is suposd to b 'democratically elected' nd nt a dictator. so no matter wat d President says if a compromise is nt reachd ntin can happen
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by adino(m): 1:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Now let prof.. FAGge, apc, activists and Nairaland e-rats and e-cockroaches employ them.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by eagleeye2: 1:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
taharqa: Who told you it has not been 'signed'?? The Agreement reached with d President has already been sent, and signd by d Permanent Secretary, Min of Education. ASUU is howeva just insisting that it shld be signd by d Attorney-General of d Federation. I read this in one of d Papers this morning. OR wait, you are want/expected d President himself to sign an agreement?.... I am not even sure they are signing another MOU altogether; the problem is that ASUU is astonishingly hoarding Info on d process, such that most people don't even know what they want again. Their NEC meeting in Kano for instance, was held under an ultra-secret place and environment, such that NO single Newspaper still know what reali went on in that meeting, except from crumbs of Info from 'Anonymous Sources'!! Want is ASUU reali up to? Want do they reali want, now ie what are their current demands? Why all d Secrecy and Shenanigans??
Guy, you really amaze/amuse me ohh!
So, what if ASUU is demanding that the President (himself), Attorne General, Senate president, Speaker of the House of rep... everybody and anybody sign it?
They simply don't want someone being the president tomorrow, and claiming he was not part of the agreement.
This present govt has shown that she is adept at dodging promises made.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem: Foolish Govt.

Its obvious they arent interested in fulfilling any agreement. Either the one signed in 2009 or the MOU signed in 2012 or even the promises of

Jonathan after several hours of meeting with them of recent. If Jonathan is serious, why cant he sign and make his commitments on paper for all

to see and monitor. All hail ASUU, they have mastered the way of holding the govt by its balls. It will be extremely foolish for them to go back to

classes knowing fully well that Jonathan wont do as promised. Their strike and death of Iyayi would have been in vain. I expect the strike to

continue. ASUU never shut down any school, Those that shut down the schools are opening it back, so no qualms.

You are so daft, haven't FG agreed with ASUU? Didn't you hear of the new demands by ASUU? Why would FG pay them for 5months in which they not work?

How will we students who paid close to 100k to rent house outside school be refunded? Those of us that left foodstuffs in school? What do we get?

You are such an idi.ot

7 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

Guy, you really amaze/amuse me ohh!
So, what if ASUU is demanding that the President (himself), Attorne General, Senate president, Speaker of the House of rep... everybody and anybody sign it?
They simply don't want someone being the president tomorrow, and claiming he was not part of the agreement.
This present govt has shown that she is adept at dodging promises made.

STFU, read my post above, ASUU is demanding the 5 months salary in which they did not work.

3 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by faymoss(m): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
I support..ASUU own don dey become 2 much
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by TechWalker007: 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
hillsate: Any student here that is applauding the FG for ordering ASUU back to class is either a teenager who is still in 100level and does not really understand whats happening in the education sector or is simply da.ft.

What are you praising the FG for? for not honouring a five year old agreement or for simply displaying stupidity.
If the FG was truly sincere there wouldnt have been need to threaten ASUU with sack over resumption. The FG spent 500 million naira just for a birthday for Patience Jonathan a venture that only lasts about 5 hours yet says there is no money to invest in the future of her country via education. Where did the money lavishly used on African first ladies come from when they visited Nigeria?
Stella was able to siphon over 255 million naira without the FG knowing until a whistle blower came forth. Where did the money come from?
Tompolo and rest militants are multi billionaires now courtesy of GEJ's FG yet FG says no money for education.Do you know Tompolo has a private jet?
Do you how much GEJ spends when on international trips with his retinue of aides for albeit useless meetings and conferences? yet no money for education.
We just heard that over 500 billion of SURE-P funds is missing. Do you know what 500 billion can do to the education sector? How can 500 billion miss?
They only say there is no money as long as it is a venture that does not allow siphoning of public funds and education is a classical example.

It is stupi.d of any Nigerian student being on the FG's side as long as education is concerned. Keep praising FG when all their kids are abroad schooling.

You are a teenager who is still in 100level and does not really understand whats happening in the education sector or simply da.ft. if you think ASUU is fighting for the Education Sector.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by ugopeter(m): 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
And the award for the Most Stupid Nairalander goes to....wait for it, wait for it, wait for it... DemDem for his stupid comments so far on this topic

8 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Mcbussy(m): 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
if they have a new demand conerning their pay,i dont know anythn about that......what i know is dat the struggle was necessary.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by onyxo76(m): 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
Boss13: if I were the president, I would sack all lecturers on strike and open up vacancies to interested lecturers. This time their contract will be renegotiated with bumper package.

This will separate those who have passion for teaching and those who are just there for the money. I will also increase education budget to adequately fund universities.

I believe the sub-set of lecturers who don't love teaching will capture the bad eggs who molest female students, collect money for handouts and those who punish students at all will
. You think its so easy to replace senior lecturers and profs abi? Most of them teach 2 to 3. Universities as well because of their wealth of experience. You can't just get a masters degree holder to fill in the gaps.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Sammiejokes(m): 2:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
please house, is it true TB Joshua said ASUU strike will end in 2017.With this FG stance them I start to believe if it is true. Is the FG thinking before declaration. thus is an empty noise, are they going to produce academics overnight. I dey laugh ooo like OBJ
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by eagleeye2: 2:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
Promhize:

STFU, read my post above, ASUU is demanding the 5 months salary in which they did not work.
Use of gutter language comes natural to those who are afraid of facing the truth and reality.
Did I even quote you.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

Spill out what we may have missed. Waiting.
And here comes the slowpoke of Nairaland and captain of the blinds, leader of the backwards, true Hater 2 d core and a goon! All hail d APC hippopotamus, DEMDEM! it's obvious u're loosing 4rm both ends! I can understand ur wailings, please go on hating while we jump into the moving train of success! Vagaboon!

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
Promhize:

You are so daft, haven't agreed with ASUU? Didn't hear of the new demands by ASUU? Why would FG pay them for 5months in which they not work?

How will we students who paid close to 100k to rent house outside school be refunded? Those of us that left foodstuffs in school? What do we get?

You are such an idi.ot

Fool, ur losses is as a result of ur govt refusal to do what is expected from them, even till now they haven't done it so strike continues. Place ur blame appropriately.

Glutton, ur foodstuffs is none OS ASUU business neither did u consult ASUU before u rented ur apartment, lick ur wound alone while it last.

Not paying civil servants when on strike is allien to our laws unfortunately, when its part of our laws, will advocate for it.

I have no doubt that Jonathan will pay them.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
onyxo76: . You think its so easy to replace senior lecturers and profs abi? Most of them teach 2 to 3. Universities as well because of their wealth of experience. You can't just get a masters degree holder to fill in the gaps.

And what do they produce? Abegi jare, I'm a student, I have like 3professors lecturing me. There's nothing special about them, only one is above average.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by juju2008(f): 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mandelaguy:

Here comes the resident retard on Nairaland with his i.mbecilic comments as usual.
President Jonathan is the first president to enter into direct negotiations with ASUU. He didn't do it out of weakness but a genuine desire to end the strike and get Nigerian students back to school.

It took the President 13 hours to reach a feasible agreement with ASUU (while you were asleep) and they had an understanding which includes a variation of the unimplementable 2009 agreement that ASUU reached under Yaradua.

President Jonathan told ASUU (and the facts are verifiable) that he is the president who has invested more in Education than any other.
He told them that he increased Education funding in the Budget from below 300B to 450 B. he also specialized tertiary funding through TETFUNDS.

He has undertaken the establishment of 12 new Federal universities to ensure that no state in the federation is deprived.
Since the strike started, FG has committee 100B for infrastructure and 30 B for earned allowances (no other administration has done this much)
In the same meeting, President said that despite the increased budgetary funding to Education by 450B, he will also mobilise 200 B in fulfillment of the agreement for the next 4 years.

So what is ASUU's problem? Since you were born, have you heard of any President that offered this much to ASUU just to call off a strike?
It's so unfortunate that politics has beclouded our sense of reasoning in this country.
President GEJ has tried, let FG go ahead to reopen the schools and it will be a popular move as you can see from comments on this thread

This is so UNTRUE. Your facts are completely untrue. Aside from the 30 billion, the federal government has not committed any additional 100 billion for infrastructural development as it has continuously claimed. It is unfortunate that our government is filled with insincere bunch of crooks starting from the president down to his ministers and advisers, who have no interest in repositioning our tertiary institutions. What is most pathetic is the way
ignorant and selfish people on Nairaland support and encourage these blatant lies by our corrupt leaders instead of thinking of ways of making them accountable for the dilapidated state of our public academic institutions. This epileptic scourge that seems to have held us back from progress will certainly not depart from us until we learn to keep selfishness aside and hold our government accountable.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
ugopeter: And the award for the Most Stupid Nairalander goes to....wait for it, wait for it, wait for it... DemDem for his stupid comments so far on this topic

Foolish boy, what have u contributed so far cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by juju2008(f): 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mandelaguy:

Here comes the resident retard on Nairaland with his i.mbecilic comments as usual.
President Jonathan is the first president to enter into direct negotiations with ASUU. He didn't do it out of weakness but a genuine desire to end the strike and get Nigerian students back to school.

It took the President 13 hours to reach a feasible agreement with ASUU (while you were asleep) and they had an understanding which includes a variation of the unimplementable 2009 agreement that ASUU reached under Yaradua.

President Jonathan told ASUU (and the facts are verifiable) that he is the president who has invested more in Education than any other.
He told them that he increased Education funding in the Budget from below 300B to 450 B. he also specialized tertiary funding through TETFUNDS.

He has undertaken the establishment of 12 new Federal universities to ensure that no state in the federation is deprived.
Since the strike started, FG has committee 100B for infrastructure and 30 B for earned allowances (no other administration has done this much)
In the same meeting, President said that despite the increased budgetary funding to Education by 450B, he will also mobilise 200 B in fulfillment of the agreement for the next 4 years.

So what is ASUU's problem? Since you were born, have you heard of any President that offered this much to ASUU just to call off a strike?
It's so unfortunate that politics has beclouded our sense of reasoning in this country.
President GEJ has tried, let FG go ahead to reopen the schools and it will be a popular move as you can see from comments on this thread

This is so UNTRUE. Your facts are completely untrue. Aside from the 30 billion, the federal government has not committed any additional 100 billion for infrastructural development as it has continuously claimed. It is unfortunate that our government is filled with insincere bunch of crooks starting from the president down to his ministers and advisers, who have no interest in repositioning our tertiary institutions. What is most pathetic is the way
ignorant and selfish people on Nairaland support and encourage these blatant lies by our corrupt leaders instead of thinking of ways of making them accountable for the dilapidated state of our public academic institutions. This epileptic scourge that seems to have held us back from progress will certainly not depart from us until we learn to keep selfishness aside and hold our government accountable.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Richiy(f): 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Riot act ke? Na today? All ASUU wants is for the government to at least start fulfiling its promises. Is it too much to ask? For what shall it profit the government to do 13-hour vigil and not start implementing? As much as am tired of home, its high time Jona puts his money whr hs mouth is.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Them de mad say them no pay? My xmas money de inside there o!!!
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by ugopeter(m): 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

Foolish boy, what have u contributed so far cheesy
imagine someone calling your father DAFT...Goes a long way to buttress the level of stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
stevedure:
And here comes the slowpoke of Nairaland and captain of the blinds, leader of the backwards, true Hater 2 d core and a goon! All hail d APC hippopotamus, DEMDEM! it's obvious u're loosing 4rm both ends! I can understand ur wailings, please go on hating while we jump into the moving train of success! Vagaboon!

Crap, has no bearing to topic of discussion. Next.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Atiku, Kwankwaso Are Buhari’s Greatest Enemies – Gov. Lamido / Osun Election: Cadet Claiming To Be INEC Official Arrested (Photos) / Report Lists Top Performing Ministers In Tinubu's Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.